Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

Big Team Battle Refresh Feedback

OP ZaedynFel

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 25
  4. 26
  5. 27
  6. 28
  7. 29
  8. ...
  9. 37
D4rkDeath wrote:
Envore wrote:
So I heard that Eagle Square was the most dodged map in BTB, I need proof. That was one of the best maps in BTB and to hear that is very astonishing.

I seriously need proof.
Right... cause posting those statistics for everyone to see wouldn’t be the most controversial thing ever...
I don't believe you guys. Show proof. Twitter, Waypoint, etc. That map is the most played out of the all the maps that are in rotation unless you guys show me otherwise.
What does it matter? Dodge rates can be a result of a map having more modes than others resulting in it coming up more in the playlist. Then you can factor in quit rates, etc. What makes anyone entitled to see internal data? There are plenty of areas to do your own research rather than demanding private internal data... Look on reddit and waypoint, some people did enjoy it, but as you fish through the threads, it’s easy to find that a lot of the community did not overly enjoy Eagle Square, yet some did.
Curious if anyone else has experienced issues with the Slayer mode on Dead Heat? Constantly found myself spawning near a base, quickly checking the surrounding areas for enemies before moving to take a position near mid-map only to have enemies then spawn right behind me or so I believed - I’ll have to watch film of the match to verify. The spawn flipping seemed excessive as I myself flipped back and forth constantly too. And the map’s layout easily leads to players being caught off guard by it. Maybe it’s less of an issue when you’re in a full team or close to that. I figure a team that’s in constant communication can better manage the spawn flipping, but as a solo player it was very frustrating and just a poor experience with this map’s layout... sorry to say.

EDIT: In rewatching the film it occurs a multitude of times. A few times though I apparently missed locating some nearby enemies after I respawned who then flanked me as I presented my flank to them or surprised me on my six. Still the experience wasn’t very enjoyable and there were numerous times where it was just unfair. It was easily my least favorite of all the new stuff.

While I haven’t played the Assault mode on Dead Heat yet I imagine it plays much, MUCH better as spawns shouldn’t frequently flip. Makes me wonder if Dead Heat wouldn’t be best served having Assault and CTF as the two available modes instead of Slayer and Assault. So far this has been my only truly negative experience relating to a particular map+mode. Anyways, I hope this helps bring some awareness to what I believe may be a real concern.

I continue to track my sessions HERE.
D4rkDeath wrote:
What does it matter? Dodge rates can be a result of a map having more modes than others resulting in it coming up more in the playlist. Then you can factor in quit rates, etc. What makes anyone entitled to see internal data? There are plenty of areas to do your own research rather than demanding private internal data... Look on reddit and waypoint, some people did enjoy it, but as you fish through the threads, it’s easy to find that a lot of the community did not overly enjoy Eagle Square, yet some did.
You saying this and not showing proof is why I don't believe you guys.
Envore wrote:
D4rkDeath wrote:
What does it matter? Dodge rates can be a result of a map having more modes than others resulting in it coming up more in the playlist. Then you can factor in quit rates, etc. What makes anyone entitled to see internal data? There are plenty of areas to do your own research rather than demanding private internal data... Look on reddit and waypoint, some people did enjoy it, but as you fish through the threads, it’s easy to find that a lot of the community did not overly enjoy Eagle Square, yet some did.
You saying this and not showing proof is why I don't believe you guys.
I don’t work for 343, I don’t get to see the data. You sparked this with you heard it was the most dodged map. You are making an assumption and demanding they show you their private internal data... You don’t have to believe anything, but I have been upfront with you Envore.
D4rkDeath wrote:
Envore wrote:
D4rkDeath wrote:
What does it matter? Dodge rates can be a result of a map having more modes than others resulting in it coming up more in the playlist. Then you can factor in quit rates, etc. What makes anyone entitled to see internal data? There are plenty of areas to do your own research rather than demanding private internal data... Look on reddit and waypoint, some people did enjoy it, but as you fish through the threads, it’s easy to find that a lot of the community did not overly enjoy Eagle Square, yet some did.
You saying this and not showing proof is why I don't believe you guys.
I don’t work for 343, I don’t get to see the data. You sparked this with you heard it was the most dodged map. You are making an assumption and demanding they show you their private internal data... You don’t have to believe anything, but I have been upfront with you Envore.
Then why are we having this conversation if you don't work with them?????
Envore wrote:
D4rkDeath wrote:
Envore wrote:
D4rkDeath wrote:
What does it matter? Dodge rates can be a result of a map having more modes than others resulting in it coming up more in the playlist. Then you can factor in quit rates, etc. What makes anyone entitled to see internal data? There are plenty of areas to do your own research rather than demanding private internal data... Look on reddit and waypoint, some people did enjoy it, but as you fish through the threads, it’s easy to find that a lot of the community did not overly enjoy Eagle Square, yet some did.
You saying this and not showing proof is why I don't believe you guys.
I don’t work for 343, I don’t get to see the data. You sparked this with you heard it was the most dodged map. You are making an assumption and demanding they show you their private internal data... You don’t have to believe anything, but I have been upfront with you Envore.
Then why are we having this conversation if you don't work with them?????
I guess I tried to clarify that time and time again... I’m a volunteer, I helped out. This isn’t constructive, so I will keep my future responses toward feedback.
Make one flag 4 minutes per round, too many ties because of the shorter rounds and people able to turtle in the base. Would love to see the avalanche remake put in ive played it and its beautiful.
All I personally want you guys to try out are Long Barrel BR Starts I have no problem with the maps.
Would love to see the avalanche remake put in I've played it and its beautiful.
It sure is beautiful. I was surprised and ultimately sad that it wasn't included. Was hoping to see it get added to BTB with the Assault mode; though, maybe the map could get added to the Big Team Super Fiesta playlist in the future because it's a big enough map where it should play fairly well with the heavy vehicle variants.

I do love all the new maps that were included in this playlist refresh. The more I play Pioneer and Meander the more I appreciate what they offer game-play wise; though, there are some exposed spawn trap concerns with Pioneer. And Crossbow is my favorite of all the brand new ones.

Personally, I'm hoping to see the Slayer mode on Dead Heat get replaced with the CTF mode because I think it would fit the map's designed layout much better. I'd also love to see the Assault mode brought back for the Echoes map which I think is one of the best BTB maps of all time. Plus, it'd be great to have the Eagle Square map return with perhaps the Slayer and Assault modes as it offers some quality tactical game-play that's not really provided by the other maps.
eLantern wrote:
Would love to see the avalanche remake put in I've played it and its beautiful.
It sure is beautiful. I was surprised and ultimately sad that it wasn't included. Was hoping to see it get added to BTB with the Assault mode; though, maybe the map could get added to the Big Team Super Fiesta playlist in the future because it's a big enough map where it should play fairly well with the heavy vehicle variants.

I do love all the new maps that were included in this playlist refresh. The more I play Pioneer and Meander the more I appreciate what they offer game-play wise. And Crossbow is my favorite of all the brand new ones.

Personally, I'm hoping to see the Slayer mode on Dead Heat get replaced with the CTF mode because I think it would fit the map's designed layout much better. I'd also love to see the Assault mode brought back for the Echoes map which I think is one of the best BTB maps of all time. Plus, it'd be great to have the Eagle Square map return with perhaps the Slayer and Assault modes as it offers some quality tactical game-play that's not really provided by the other maps.
I’m a big fan of Assault on Echoes. CTF on Dead Heat was really fast in testing because of the flag changes. Games usually only went a few mins. CTF on Crossbow is personally one of my favorites, we will see what happens.
D4rkDeath wrote:
eLantern wrote:
Personally, I'm hoping to see the Slayer mode on Dead Heat get replaced with the CTF mode because I think it would fit the map's designed layout much better. I'd also love to see the Assault mode brought back for the Echoes map which I think is one of the best BTB maps of all time. Plus, it'd be great to have the Eagle Square map return with perhaps the Slayer and Assault modes as it offers some quality tactical game-play that's not really provided by the other maps.
I’m a big fan of Assault on Echoes.
I'm not surprised, but I'm glad to hear it nonetheless. It's so good!
Quote:
CTF on Dead Heat was really fast in testing because of the flag changes. Games usually only went a few mins.
Interesting. I'd still rather play quick-ish CTF matches on the map verses the chaotic spawn flip mess that Slayer proved to be.
Quote:
CTF on Crossbow is personally one of my favorites.
I've played some really intense CTF matches on Crossbow during custom games quite a while ago. Back well before the BTB refresh was announced. Anyways, that's when I grew my appreciation for the map and I like it even more in its final state.
the enemy team can spawn way to close to objectives
Oh, just recalled another tidbit of feedback that I wanted to share. This one regards the map Hinterlands. I've seen and experienced some pretty lopsided matches on that particular map when playing the Slayer mode. One thing I thought would be nice is if all the spawn caves featured a weapon with Kinetic Bolts to help combat the vehicles. Maybe ensure there's an accessible splinter or plasma nade within the caves too. Not sure if this was already tried out or not, but getting stuck within the caves with the opposing team controlling all the powerful vehicles leads to minimal capability to fight back.
eLantern wrote:
Oh, just recalled another tidbit of feedback that I wanted to share. This one regards the map Hinterlands. I've seen and experienced some pretty lopsided matches on that particular map when playing the Slayer mode. One thing I thought would be nice is if all the spawn caves featured a weapon with Kinetic Bolts to help combat the vehicles. Maybe ensure there's an accessible splinter or plasma nade within the caves too. Not sure if this was already tried out or not, but getting stuck within the caves with the opposing team controlling all the powerful vehicles leads to some rough outcomes.
Can’t confirm anything for sure, but I know tweaks are already being looked at.
It already takes too much time to make match outside of US. Ranked mm will took more time. :( BTB should go more social. Make btb quick to join, play without burden and let us happy to stay in playlist please.

mode : how about reduce gravity a little. about 10~20%. it will make vehicles more rumble on grenade.
Make one flag 4 minutes per round, too many ties because of the shorter rounds and people able to turtle in the base. Would love to see the avalanche remake put in ive played it and its beautiful.
avalanche is not made for h5 and its game play simply didn't hold up.
Dispelled is a cluster duck of a map, the spawning for the rail gun and rockets are way too frequent. I suggest putting one railgun and one rocket on that rather than having way too many power weopons on the map. Pioneer would play better with one tank rather than 2 Or better yet no tanks on pioneer. It is easy to wreck in the tank on that map if you know how to post up. Dead heat the spawning is too eractic, and doesn't feel as competitive as before. Overall I been enjoying the maps, Except dispelled, and dead heat. I'm sad eagle square was removed.
I like seeing these kinds of changes
D4rkDeath wrote:
eLantern wrote:
Oh, just recalled another tidbit of feedback that I wanted to share. This one regards the map Hinterlands. I've seen and experienced some pretty lopsided matches on that particular map when playing the Slayer mode. One thing I thought would be nice is if all the spawn caves featured a weapon with Kinetic Bolts to help combat the vehicles. Maybe ensure there's an accessible splinter or plasma nade within the caves too. Not sure if this was already tried out or not, but getting stuck within the caves with the opposing team controlling all the powerful vehicles leads to some rough outcomes.
Can’t confirm anything for sure, but I know tweaks are already being looked at.
Wow. Just watched this stream video from Genesis Rider. The first match pretty much covers exactly what I was referring to for Hinterlands, but focuses on the issue a heck of a lot better than I did from my personal experience. I didn't realize the problem was as bad as he indicates and in-turn demonstrates. Not sure my solution of a few Kinetic Bolts and nades within the caves would be enough to combat the issue he clearly highlights during the match.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 25
  4. 26
  5. 27
  6. 28
  7. 29
  8. ...
  9. 37