4. 33
  5. 34
  6. 35
  7. 36
  8. ...
  9. 45
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Ahvvi wrote:
Maybe the solution is to limit BTB fireteams to 4. That way teams cannot be too stacked. I am sure ppl would find games faster as well.
They tried that in Warzone and some teams just quit playing the game entirely. It would probably have the same effect.
Well they need to figure something out because this is not working.
I'm literally trying to rank down but I can't because I was never supposed to win in the first place.
Why is big team battle not showing up in social anymore?
Cudarich wrote:
Why is big team battle not showing up in social anymore?
because it has moved to being a ranked playlist.
Well my brother just finished his 10th game. I still have not had the “pleasure” of playing the ranked yet. According to him he played 7 of the 10 against To8. Most games people quit out giving him zero chance to win or really even enjoy playing. He also noticed a lot of players who he destroys on a regular basis are ranked in Diamond because of the hard carry. He searched on Balance and Focused and still caught To8 70% of the time. He thought it was strange he kept getting placed against To8 because at the time multiple teams were streaming and none of them were matching. My brother plays BTB for fun, but not anymore.
the Systems refusal to match teams of 8 against each other is causing major problems that need to be addressed fast. I had a couple friends in like half a fireteam matchmaking with me last night and it seemd pretty normal. Match a team, match a solo group, some close games some blowouts, normal btb.

As soon as I go solo though it’s like I have no choice to match a team. I played 4 games solo at the end of the night. Matched hazards fatal and Exo (twice). I then made the decision I’m not playing this gamemode again until something changes. It’s frustrating, it’s not enjoyable.l, it’s broken right now.

The icing on the cake is you can go into any btb twitch stream for the teams playing and they are just as bewildered and frustrated that they can’t match any other groups.
Yea this ranking system is straight BS. I search a solo game and match against mostly non placement players and we lose dued to crappy randoms and then I drop 60 CSR points but I still performed very well that game. There’s a lot of players saying to search solo and you’ll get more CSR with I’m finding very hard to believe at this point. The balance between mmr and CSR for btb rank is quite confusing. You literally have to sit there and play all day to go up 2 CSR point per win and one lost takes a chunk. Hmm? Just don’t understand this ranking system. Like what players is this ranking system catering to? High MMR players. How does that make it fun or why is worth playing btb if the CSR rewards are not working properly.
Yea this ranking system is straight BS. I search a solo game and match against mostly non placement players and we lose dued to crappy randoms and then I drop 60 CSR points but I still performed very well that game. There’s a lot of players saying to search solo and you’ll get more CSR with I’m finding very hard to believe at this point. The balance between mmr and CSR for btb rank is quite confusing. You literally have to sit there and play all day to go up 2 CSR point per win and one lost takes a chunk. Hmm? Just don’t understand this ranking system. Like what players is this ranking system catering to? High MMR players. How does that make it fun or why is worth playing btb if the CSR rewards are not working properly.
You're a Diamond 5 CSR player with a Diamond 2 MMR playing mostly mid-Plat opponents, so you're not going to get much CSR for that, no matter what system is used.

When you play in a full party, your CSR will go up because you play better in a party. If you then switch to solo while your CSR is above your solo-MMR, your CSR will always float down.
We've made a few tweaks that should see larger teams facing each other more often, and also facing solo players less often.
ZaedynFel wrote:
We've made a few tweaks that should see larger teams facing each other more often, and also facing solo players less often.
Nice. Do you know what the equivalent is for the ranks right now if ranked BTB was more established? So what would diamond, platinum and gold players actually be for example or are diamond players the only ranks where it's not an accurate portrayal (ie: diamond is actually champion to onyx level players)?
ZaedynFel wrote:
Thank you so much. I’m going to jump on right now and try it out.
Dead heat is a spawn campers paradise and strongholds is a horrible game type for BTB. I also keep getting matched against champions when no one in my team is even ranked or past platinum so yea guess I'm not gonna play halo 5 again for another couple of months. Hopefully some maps get reworked and the horrible matchings(i.e bronze vs champions) get ironed out. But I honestly doubt the latter cause its probably a population thing and there never will be a real fix unless you force highranked players to only party up with high ranked players.
I thought the solo Q thing was worked? I have played 3. 66% were against To8.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Out of curiosity, what exactly are these changes?

Did you provide protections to the Balanced (and Expanded) search preference selection(s) so stacked teams can’t just immediately nab new searching players?

Is the system prioritizing team-to-team matchmaking?

If so, how?

Is there an actual max allowable odds limit being enforced now such as 90:10?

By the way, could you provide a status update on the policy change progress?

As in, when can we expect the JiP service to be reactivated?

How exactly will CSRs handle those who get JiP’d?

And will the quit ban policy also see some changes in light of the JiP service?

EDIT:

For this playlist’s sake within the ranked environment, these things matter. And if they’re not ready, just move the playlist back to the social environment (in-game) and provide the (worked on) CSR for it on Waypoint while putting through the policy changes. Immediate impressions matter and its a lesson we should all understand well in the Halo community. When it’s all setup and ready-to-go you can move it back into the ranked environment.
Yeah, I’m done. RIP BTB.
Searching solo and CSR still goes up by 2 🤦🏽‍♂️ Btb is so much fun now. If you win regardless who you play you should be rewarded with CSR after every win. I’m interested to see what changes or status update of the policy change process. Can you just put me at my correct MMR ranking and let me work my way up from there. That’ll be better than going up 2 CSR points after every game and then losing 40-60 points after every lost. As a constant btb player this is just dumb. I was for btb rank but it’s just ridiculous at this point. At least put players at their correct mmr placement. You said everyone got inflated ranks and it’ll balance itself out, when exactly is that? Some could definitely see the population decreasing overtime if this continues. It’s just not fun anymore. We’re trying to have fun and enjoy the game which most of the community does but this is just ruining it.
Is MMR a factor in determining how much CSR we gain or lose? If so, what is the reasoning behind that? Do all ranked playlists factor MMR?

Seems like an overcomplication that defeats the purpose of a true reset each season. Why is our rank not based on game wins, slays, K/D, medals, objective contributions alone? Seems like some of the matchmaking and rank adjustment issues we are facing would be resolved by not overcomplicating things with MMR. A hidden ranking system that factors into a visible ranking system makes zero sense to me.
Just to add some context to my question, I’ve been monitoring my CSR percentage changes elafter each game on halotracker the past 24 hours. Without looking to see how many games I played, but would say I easily had 20 wins in a row, but probably more like 30-40. After each win, I gained 2% until I reached the D2 threshold. That one game increased CSR 14%. That simply doesn’t make any sense to me. I haven’t lost since I started monitoring it, but I know my losses dropped +30%. Simply brutal!

Just trying to understand how the system works. Any answers are appreciated.
NLIGHTN wrote:
Is MMR a factor in determining how much CSR we gain or lose? If so, what is the reasoning behind that? Do all ranked playlists factor MMR?

Seems like an overcomplication that defeats the purpose of a true reset each season. Why is our rank not based on game wins, slays, K/D, medals, objective contributions alone? Seems like some of the matchmaking and rank adjustment issues we are facing would be resolved by not overcomplicating things with MMR. A hidden ranking system that factors into a visible ranking system makes zero sense to me.
Yes, it is the sole variable in the CSR formula.

Let me ask you this: student A gets an 100% on every single test in Algebra 1. Student B gets between a 50% and 60% on every test in Multivariable Calculus. At this moment, who is the more capable mathematician? By your logic, the algebra student is. However, that algebra student would go home crying after being asked to find the volume of two intersecting solids in 3D space.

Your system doesn't take into account the circumstances behind the match (skill level of opponents, party size, etc.)

A ranking system's purpose is to sort the population into their skill level relative to the rest of the population. I'm sure there are players with less than 30% win rates who are as good as you, if not better, but they have always played in adverse circumstances while you have always played with a party.
Searching solo and CSR still goes up by 2 🤦🏽‍♂️ Btb is so much fun now. If you win regardless who you play you should be rewarded with CSR after every win. I’m interested to see what changes or status update of the policy change process. Can you just put me at my correct MMR ranking and let me work my way up from there. That’ll be better than going up 2 CSR points after every game and then losing 40-60 points after every lost. As a constant btb player this is just dumb. I was for btb rank but it’s just ridiculous at this point. At least put players at their correct mmr placement. You said everyone got inflated ranks and it’ll balance itself out, when exactly is that? Some could definitely see the population decreasing overtime if this continues. It’s just not fun anymore. We’re trying to have fun and enjoy the game which most of the community does but this is just ruining it.
Your CSR (Competitive Skill Rank) is constantly aware of self-correcting to your MMR (MatchMaking Rank). Your MMR is determined by TrueSkill-Through-Time (TTT/TS2). This TrueSkill v2.0 is essentially the most advanced predictive measurement within the industry of your ability to succeed against various skills. The most influential component to winning has been determined to be the ability to slay opponents which makes obvious sense; therefore, your Kills-Per-Minute (KPM) in relation to opponent skill has a direct relation to your CSR.

When you win you give your MMR the best chance and opportunity to increase; however, winning doesn’t guarantee your personal TrueSkill will increase too. This is because people can achieve empty wins which are basically expected wins with a predicted performance. When you win your CSR always increases, so it’s possible for your CSR to inflate beyond your MMR. This is made even more possible when allowing matches with high predictive expectations. With BTB not currently possessing a max limit the possibility for runaway inflation remains at higher possibilities too.

When you’re earning low amounts of CSR from wins it simply means your CSR is higher than your MMR. And if your MMR isn’t increasing consistently enough or great enough to keep up then it’ll require losses to start driving your CSR back down toward your MMR. But, losses are less likely to occur when you’re getting a bunch of easy matches from playing on stacked teams.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 32
  4. 33
  5. 34
  6. 35
  7. 36
  8. ...
  9. 45