4. 36
  5. 37
  6. 38
  7. 39
  8. ...
  9. 47
eLantern wrote:
eLantern wrote:
I disagree, I had a lot more fun in BTB pre-BR nerf (and the entire game in general for that matter) and I don't see why that wouldn't still apply.
There were numerous issues with the pre-tuned H5BR negatively impacting map movement and vehicle use. While the weapon and in-turn the gun-play were likely a more enjoyable experience the actual game-play suffered as many more matches boiled down to stand-offs and spawn traps.
The problem is I'm not having nearly as much fun as I did and that's what I want when I'm playing a video game; fun.
Understood. Just realize that 343i have to balance your "fun" with the "fun" for others too which makes the "fun" a subjective goal.
Quote:
That's fine if you like it how it is now but for me I'm not having even half the fun I used to and it sucks because I'd love to play more H5 but ever since the BR update I don't really want to.
I never said I liked the current gun-play. I'd much rather see the Long-Barrel variant of the H5BR replace the current H5BR and I laid out detailed reasoning for why HERE. It should vastly improve the sandbox balance within the social and arena environments. But, if you were to ask me whether I preferred using the pre-tuned H5BR vs the current regular H5BR within the BTB playlist; well, I'd have to say that while I enjoyed using the pre-tuned H5BR more I did not enjoy the game-play more.

On a personal level, I believe I'd have more fun with the BTB playlist if the JiP was re-activated with appropriate policy changes relating to CSR and quits. And it'd be great if people searching under various connection preferences were afforded some time-based protections from potentially getting dragged into a crazy unbalanced match. In fact, I'd prefer that some balance limit was actually brought back to the playlist preventing absurdly lopsided matches from even being possible since it should help curb the playlist (and game) from losing players on a more permanent basis.
Quote:
Arena is great because at least the magnum is fun but BTB was my main thing and now I just don't care about it.
I agree that the arena is great and that the standard Magnum is a fun primary precision loadout for the majority of 4v4 modes, but I also believe that the "Battle" playlist should feature the Battle Rifle as the primary precision weapon.

Let me ask you this, which online Halo title had your favorite BTB playlist?
Fair enough, I know 343i has to look at the bigger picture, that feedback is just what I personally would like to change, that's my ideal BTB, I know that not everyone wants the same thing.

As far as what my favourite BTB is I'd have to say either H2 or H5 pre-BR nerf, I think I'd give the edge to H5 though, ever so slightly.
Basuuuuu wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
I honestly think that btb should remain a social gamemode and not ranked. Me personally I am not a huge btb person but I do enjoy to sit down and relax in some casual btb. But now I cannot do that since it is ranked... The sweaty teams just dominate and farm the people who are playing solo. I like the refreshed maps. I think that they are fair and balanced but btb should be a social game tpye
The sweaty teams were dominating BTB when it was social as well. In the data, at least, that aspect hasn't changed at all.
I remember some time ago you talked about a solution to party matching by matching parties against randoms of skill that exceeds the party's average skill (I think you used +500 as the example). Is this currently in place in Halo 5 BTB? (or any other playlists, I'm curious).
Yes, it's on in Halo 5 BTB, though we made it soft for the last couple of weeks. After watching the data we have tuned it to reflect what keeps players more engaged. Matches may seem more fair than before if you were a relatively good player (high-Plat and up).
Quick update:

• JIP has been re-enabled, but is far more strict than it was in Unranked. A minimum amount of scoring will shut it off (one flag, 30 in Strongholds, 10 kills, etc., something like that).
  • Matchmaking has been re-tuned to drastically reduce quit rates and playlist attrition. Matches that lead to players leaving the match and / or H5 afterwards have been reduced.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
ZaedynFel wrote:
Quick update:

• JIP has been re-enabled, but is far more strict than it was in Unranked. A minimum amount of scoring will shut it off (one flag, 30 in Strongholds, 10 kills, etc., something like that).
Glad to hear JiP is re-enabled, but what are the policy changes that are complementing the return of JiP?

I assume there’s been something implemented toward CSR, can you clarify what it is?

I just hope something has been tweaked regarding quit penalties. Has anything?

Also, shouldn’t the trigger for turning off JiP in Slayer (kills) and Strongholds (hold time) be a score differential between teams before a set score limit cap gets enforced later than 10 kills or 30 hold time in a match?
Quote:
  • Matchmaking has been re-tuned to drastically reduce quit rates and playlist attrition. Matches that lead to players leaving the match and / or H5 afterwards have been reduced.
Glad to hear this too. Can you pass on details as to all that’s changed?

What are the protections being enforced under the different connection preferences?

And what is the max allowable limit now?

Assuming there is one, does it change or alternate from tighter to loser during trough periods?

EDIT: 0158 hours
Last 10 games i have the impression i've been playing in the same 3 maps truth,coliseum when o plaued at arena. And plaza is fun off course , but sometimes is anoying, is not easy but i brlieve community would like to have more diverse maps, how about bringing more maps alive. ✌🏽.
Bijomaru92 wrote:
Last 10 games i've been playing in the same 3 maps truth, coliseum. And plaza is fun off course , but sometimes is anoying, is not easy but i brlieve community would like to have more diverse maps, how about bringing more maps alive. ✌🏽.
I looked at your game history and unfortunately you are straight up lying. Also, this is the wrong thread even if you were saying anything of value.
Oclude wrote:
If JIP in a ranked playlist is the best answer you have I think it’s time to delete the BTB playlist. Competively speaking (it is ranked right?), how can players joining in know times of vehicles and power up spawns?
Please never suggest to delete the btb playlist again. Before the refresh and btb went ranked it was hanging on by a thread.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Quick update:

will jip players be receiving some csr protections to lessen a loss or quit?

For the amounts honestly id say at least for slayer and strong holds the cap should 25% the amount to win because a game can quickly move past 10 kills and 30 points making any team who are down players unlikely to have any jip players. especially since having less teammates will cause a snowball making jip even more unlikely.
Ever since BTB moved to ranked, it seems like the population is so low you can’t get matched unless it’s the prime evening/night hours...
Ever since BTB moved to ranked, it seems like the population is so low you can’t get matched unless it’s the prime evening/night hours...
its not that the population is low but rather the search restrictions on ranked are tighter and this doesn't allow you to match with people to far out trom you're mmr.
Searching solo and still cant find a game. Restrictions are in place but why should the whole playlist be punished because of a "stacked team" just keep the restrictions on for those stacked teams but still allow players to search and find the next available game. I'm starting to agree so many changes in over a +/-2 week period is a little too much. how are players suppose to rank up now?
its not that the population is low but rather the search restrictions on ranked are tighter and this doesn't allow you to match with people to far out trom you're mmr.
I’m not too sure that’s the case. Yesterday I matched a bronze 4. And matched against several diamond 6 players almost at champ.
Well, to be fair, that just occurred. I don’t know how far back his issue goes, but searching during trough periods and under the Focused selection preference means less amount of people to match with.
I just think with all these restrictions will decrease the population even more. The purpose for rank btb was to bring back the population. The pop increase drastically when first came out and over time it started decreasing cuz of many things. We as in everyone just want to play btb and get games to rank up.
I just think with all these restrictions will decrease the population even more. The purpose for rank btb was to bring back the population. The pop increase drastically when first came out and over time it started decreasing cuz of many things. We as in everyone just want to play btb and get games to rank up.
I just want to play BTB, I don't care about rank. It should just go back to social and remove restrictions so matchmaking is lightning fast like it is in Halo MCC. I knew ranked BTB was a bad idea and sure enough my fears were confirmed. Can't even find matches now (I have search even set to expanded), it keeps saying "no matches found, try a different playlist" and this is when trying to search prime Friday and Saturday nights. I do not blame other players for giving up on ranked BTB after getting smashed by full parties and now wait times that never find a match. Until BTB goes back to social I am no longer going to try searching, so that is +1 to the pool of many players who quit.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Quick update:
I'm curious, was the re-tuning only applied to BTB or was it a universal change across all the ranked playlists? I'm asking because I'm seeing a bunch of threads now where people can't find games in a variety of ranked playlists and not just BTB.
I just want to play BTB, I don't care about rank. It should just go back to social and remove restrictions so matchmaking is lightning fast like it is in Halo MCC. I knew ranked BTB was a bad idea and sure enough my fears were confirmed. Can't even find matches now (I have search even set to expanded), it keeps saying "no matches found, try a different playlist" and this is when trying to search prime Friday and Saturday nights. I do not blame other players for giving up on ranked BTB after getting smashed by full parties and now wait times that never find a match. Until BTB goes back to social I am no longer going to try searching, so that is +1 to the pool of many players who quit.
You just stated that you wanted it to go social and to remove restrictions yet don’t blame people quitting for matching against full teams. If they remove restrictions you realize full teams would Dominate even more than they do now?

Ranked and social BTB matchmaking are the same exact matching system using Team Balancer - so enlighten us- what did “you know” was going to be bad about BTB going ranked?
nice joob
LUKEPOWA wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Quick update:
I'm curious, was the re-tuning only applied to BTB or was it a universal change across all the ranked playlists? I'm asking because I'm seeing a bunch of threads now where people can't find games in a variety of ranked playlists and not just BTB.
Only BTB. Nothing else should be causing longer wait in other playlists. It's being looked into. Possibly a Summer Break effect with play times shifting.

The longer waits only seem to pop up during off-peak hours.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 35
  4. 36
  5. 37
  6. 38
  7. 39
  8. ...
  9. 47