2. ...
  3. 40
  4. 41
  5. 42
  6. 43
  7. 44
  8. ...
  9. 49
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate comments.
Spoiler:
Show
eLantern wrote:
If Ranked BTB is going to stick around I think the best maps with gametype combinations are...

AsymmetricalGuillotine - 1 Flag - TS
Meander - Strongholds - TS
Port Authority - Strongholds - TS
Voyager - 1 Flag - TS

Symmetrical Crossbow - Assault - TS
Dead Heat - Assault - TS
Panic Attack - CTF - TS
Viking - CTF - TS
You seriously selected Dead Heat & Panic Attack over Echoes, Fracture, or Traffic Jam? Just... why?

Plus, I don't know how you leave Scavenger out of your Asymmetrical selection.
Scav is a fun map, but with two good teams it gets pretty stale.
I like echoes, fracture and traffic jam, but i definitely think viking, crossbow and panic attack fill those same roles in a more competitive way. That being said, there’s room for at least a couple of them.
Dead heat seems pretty meh to me, though.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
While I agree with your point you just made I still think that Basin should be refreshed or brought back
eLantern wrote:
If Ranked BTB is going to stick around I think the best maps with gametype combinations are...

AsymmetricalGuillotine - 1 Flag - TS
Meander - Strongholds - TS
Port Authority - Strongholds - TS
Voyager - 1 Flag - TS

Symmetrical Crossbow - Assault - TS
Dead Heat - Assault - TS
Panic Attack - CTF - TS
Viking - CTF - TS
You seriously selected Dead Heat & Panic Attack over Echoes, Fracture, or Traffic Jam? Just... why?

Plus, I don't know how you leave Scavenger out of your Asymmetrical selection.
Scav is a fun map, but with two good teams it gets pretty stale.
I like echoes, fracture and traffic jam, but i definitely think viking, crossbow and panic attack fill those same roles in a more competitive way. That being said, there’s room for at least a couple of them.
Dead heat seems pretty meh to me, though.
The Viking and Dead Heat remakes are duds. 1 Flag on a Relic remake would be awesome.
1 Flag on a Relic remake would be awesome.
I think it would be awful.
  • Starting weapons: BR and AR (default versions of both). Note: No change necessary to the starting weapons. The current BR prevents players from "cross-mapping" or "beaming" players from great distances and adds a skill gap to the weapon via the vertical recoil. Players must adapt at different distances to the recoil, but since the bullets in the vertical pattern are 100% accurate and no longer "randomly spread," recoil only adds more of a skill gap to the weapon.

Vehicles: The warthog's gunner is way too easily shot out of the gunner seat. There are plenty of large maps to enjoy vehicles on and it is a critical part of BTB.

Game-modes: Big Team Slayer, CTF, Strongholds, and Assault are fine for the current BTB ecosystem. Balancing these out so they appear an equal amount of times between all the maps in BTB will be the challenge.
I think the BR's characteristics are gone now and the maps sight lines should be at fault for beaming players.

The Warthog is definitely something else. I see it work on some maps but I see the gunner gone in seconds on others.
What I don’t understand is why players are still being punished by players quitting on enemy team. Once a player quits there goes the CSR our the window. It makes btb rank worthless cuz every game there’s a quitter or a troll who knows by quitting out they’ll ruin the other teams chances of getting any CSR. I was excited for btb rank to be released but as time goes on, I can see why the majority players have left halo 5 btb to play other games cuz the CSR ranking system is a joke. It’s been more than a month now every other playlist besides btb has yet to reach 200 champs and the current champs are being filled up by smurfs. I’m curious to see how the whole onyx rank works out once it reaches 200 champs. Of course it’ll kick the smurf champs out of their current tier but still. People play btb rank to reach champ but those who haven’t reached it, wont because the system is being manipulated by players who quit out, so it’ll continue to give you 1 CsR point or 2% increase to next tier. I don’t see btb rank coming back for another season after this one. Anybody else?
People play btb rank to reach champ but those who haven’t reached it, wont because the system is being manipulated by players who quit out
I think the majority of people who get a champion rank play in parties. I don't see how most people could rank up to champion playing solo unless they carried their team to victory or dropped a significant amount of kills almost every game. I think a lot of the quitting is just a result of uneven skill matching due to low population. It's evident with what you mentioned by not even having 200 champions yet and there are a number of smurfs as well on the leaderboard. Uneven matching leads to bad CSR payouts or losses and playing solo means you're more than likely going to lose a lot more than you win so you're stuck in an endless loop of going up and down two or three ranks even if you're actually higher skilled than what you're rank represents.

I'd be surprised if this lasted more than one season. During the weekend, I could hardly find games in the early morning hours and got timed out four times while on expanded which would normally not be an issue during the summer in the past. I've had plenty of games with platinums and golds although I don't get much CSR if at all for those games so I suspect it's a population issue. It sucks though cause I would like to see what the actual representation of the skill ranking looks like with onyx and diamond players, but it's not gonna happen if the population remains low.
I don’t see btb rank coming back for another season after this one. Anybody else?
I certainly hope it goes back to social, the mode will be actually playable again.
I don’t see btb rank coming back for another season after this one. Anybody else?
I certainly hope it goes back to social, the mode will be actually playable again.
I could care less if it is ranked or not. I play it the same way regardless of the rank. I just want btb to stick around. The talk prior to ranking about btb possibly going rotational playlist is the only reason I want it ranked. 343 seems to give their ranked playlists way more leeway for population numbers than social or warzone. I just want btb to stay.

I do think fixing the csr issues would help. The disparity between gains for wins and drops for losses is comical. 2 teams play each other. They go 1-1. Everyone on those teams is considerably lower csr than where they started prior to the matches. That’s broken.
I could care less if it is ranked or not. I play it the same way regardless of the rank. I just want btb to stick around. The talk prior to ranking about btb possibly going rotational playlist is the only reason I want it ranked. 343 seems to give their ranked playlists way more leeway for population numbers than social or warzone. I just want btb to stay.

I do think fixing the csr issues would help. The disparity between gains for wins and drops for losses is comical. 2 teams play each other. They go 1-1. Everyone on those teams is considerably lower csr than where they started prior to the matches. That’s broken.
The csr payout depends on performances in wins and losses though based on the team balancer. are you proposing a flat payout for wins vs losses?
Heaviies wrote:

The csr payout depends on performances in wins and losses though based on the team balancer. are you proposing a flat payout for wins vs losses?
No. Performance and competition should still be taken into account.

I just want things tweaked so that the players pushing rank don’t get frustrated and quit. Right now wins are not rewarded enough and losses and too highly punished. Quits affecting gains isn’t helping either.

I still havnt seen onyx ranks yet and at this point that’s very strange. I also Havnt matched any champs below the 70’s. Compared to every other ranked playlist something isn’t working right.
Did the matching restrictions get loosened? I had multiple games with gold and silver players last night so was curious.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Did the matching restrictions get loosened? I had multiple games with gold and silver players last night so was curious.
I've had quite literally gold and silver level players in almost all of my games with the exception of playing against full teams. I wonder why you haven't been matching with them or against them prior to last night
I get games with them, but it just seemed more than usual. I guess it could've been because I barely ran into any parties last night.
I agree. I miss btb when it was social. If 343 really wants btb to be ranked they could just have both a social btb and a ranked btb.
Feel like there should be smaller maps so there will be more action, but larger maps allow there to be a variety of gameplay styles, BUT I think pistols got nerfed really bad in Halo 5 which is what makes me mad with AR-pistol loadouts. The pistols in halo 4 and halo 3 were good and balanced, but the pistols in Halo 5 is impossible to use in multiplayer. I am not saying the pistols are unusable I am saying the pistols should get a buff.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 40
  4. 41
  5. 42
  6. 43
  7. 44
  8. ...
  9. 49