Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

Big Team Battle Refresh Feedback

OP ZaedynFel

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 45
  4. 46
  5. 47
  6. 48
  7. ...
  8. 49
Couldn't find a game for two days in a row and I can only tolerate the Fiesta version in small doses. I'll likely just have to stick with MCC if this trend continues.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Couldn't find a game for two days in a row and I can only tolerate the Fiesta version in small doses. I'll likely just have to stick with MCC if this trend continues.
Yeah, I'm looking at the number of people who try to play BTB every minute throughout the day and you need at least 16 within a 5-minute period, and this just isn't happening.

Lists like this tend to do amazing if we switch them to rotational though.
If it goes rotational starting in the next season which it seems like you're implying, then I'll very likely just stick with MCC since there's nothing else in H5 that really interests me. Making it ranked was just delaying the inevitable anyway imo which was pretty much on the wall since BTFiesta made its debut, the disappointing weapon changes mainly with the BR, the dedicated sweat parties that probably killed off most of the casual population (thanks....) and the lack of decent matching which likely also contributed to that.
What if Big Team Battle got switched back to the social arena playlist again? I think it’s worth a try at least. What do you got to lose?
What if Big Team Battle got switched back to the social arena playlist again? I think it’s worth a try at least. What do you got to lose?
Rather see them switch the regular H5BR over to the Long-Barrel H5BR.

As Menke as stated many times previously, playlists that move over to the social environment tend to lose population even faster (particularly if it's not a very social concept like Fiesta, Action Sack, Infection, etc.), but I do think that BTB would benefit from allowing a bit longer of a JiP period without the consequences of impacting a person's CSR which of course wouldn't exist in the social environment.
ZaedynFel wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Couldn't find a game for two days in a row and I can only tolerate the Fiesta version in small doses. I'll likely just have to stick with MCC if this trend continues.
Yeah, I'm looking at the number of people who try to play BTB every minute throughout the day and you need at least 16 within a 5-minute period, and this just isn't happening.

Lists like this tend to do amazing if we switch them to rotational though.
How come the search time limit is 5 minutes, it could easily be 10 or even 15 in my experience. You can cancel and switch playlist any way.
How come the search time limit is 5 minutes, it could easily be 10 or even 15 in my experience. You can cancel and switch playlist any way.
It's likely just a convenience so people aren't searching for long periods of time hoping to get a game which would deter them from cancelling on their own. It's the system's way of saying you might wanna try something else or restart your search again.

Edit: 5 days in a row that I can't find a game.
Why not just remove the current restrictions in place dues to low pop? Why ruin the games btb playlist altogether. There’s quite a few players that still search btb to find there aren’t games to be found dued to the restrictions and plus low pop. When btb was social you could find games no matter what for awhile, now since becoming rank it’s killed off a huge chunk of its core players. Why? Is this what 343 intended for halo 5 in its current matchmaking state. The community just wants btb games cuz it’s fun to play competitive teams. 343 wants its community to stay on halo not move to other games because they can’t keep the community happy. So why not give the community btb games. Thanks. I rather play halo 5 btb then Apex.
Menke
Why not just lift the restrictions on btb ranked like iSpartan119tv mentioned if not make it social again. We just want to play the game this is very sad that we can’t even find a game even solo. Make it right again 😕if not I’ll try and find another game to buy to play
I love BTB ranked and I would really love to see Big Team Battle be ranked in Halo Infinite from day 1. I think it would do much better if there were dev made maps and it was ranked as soon as the game dropped.

With that being said, I think for the rest of H5 it needs to go social again. If that’s what it takes to help population than so be it. Making it rotational would just make me hop on MCC and never touch H5 again to be honest.
I doubt it's the restrictions. Even when I could find games, I would occasionally get a game with a bunch of low plats, golds and silver players. They're not gonna make it social if BTB Fiesta is still beating ranked BTB in population. It's most likely going to be turned into a rotational playlist next season.
ZaedynFel wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Couldn't find a game for two days in a row and I can only tolerate the Fiesta version in small doses. I'll likely just have to stick with MCC if this trend continues.
Yeah, I'm looking at the number of people who try to play BTB every minute throughout the day and you need at least 16 within a 5-minute period, and this just isn't happening.

Lists like this tend to do amazing if we switch them to rotational though.
I don't search the playlist much anymore because I can't play with my friends with the current searching parameters. My friends have stopped playing altogether because of the parameters. I like playing with my friends but just physically can't so I just end up playing another playlist. I'd like to play, but it just doesn't work.

I think the best course of action would be to remove all competitive playlists since there is no significant population of competitive players left. Then take said competitive playlists and convert them to a fiesta variant, and then rotate each into the playlist. It was hilarious when super fiesta was ranked.

This would likely appeal to the remaining player base and make it possible to find games.
Heaviies wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Couldn't find a game for two days in a row and I can only tolerate the Fiesta version in small doses. I'll likely just have to stick with MCC if this trend continues.
Yeah, I'm looking at the number of people who try to play BTB every minute throughout the day and you need at least 16 within a 5-minute period, and this just isn't happening.

Lists like this tend to do amazing if we switch them to rotational though.
I don't search the playlist much anymore because I can't play with my friends with the current searching parameters. My friends have stopped playing altogether because of the parameters. I like playing with my friends but just physically can't so I just end up playing another playlist. I'd like to play, but it just doesn't work.

I think the best course of action would be to remove all competitive playlists since there is no significant population of competitive players left. Then take said competitive playlists and convert them to a fiesta variant, and then rotate each into the playlist. It was hilarious when super fiesta was ranked.

This would likely appeal to the remaining player base and make it possible to find games.
It is hard enough to find a BTB game solo-queueing as an Onyx player...you'd have to be delusional to expect to find a game with others in your party. It is obviously a population issue which mainly has to do with the fact that this game is approaching its fifth year in existence.

I've had plenty of fair games in 4v4 arena, why don't you get a team of 4 and see how you fare?
Heaviies wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Couldn't find a game for two days in a row and I can only tolerate the Fiesta version in small doses. I'll likely just have to stick with MCC if this trend continues.
Yeah, I'm looking at the number of people who try to play BTB every minute throughout the day and you need at least 16 within a 5-minute period, and this just isn't happening.

Lists like this tend to do amazing if we switch them to rotational though.
I don't search the playlist much anymore because I can't play with my friends with the current searching parameters. My friends have stopped playing altogether because of the parameters. I like playing with my friends but just physically can't so I just end up playing another playlist. I'd like to play, but it just doesn't work.

I think the best course of action would be to remove all competitive playlists since there is no significant population of competitive players left. Then take said competitive playlists and convert them to a fiesta variant, and then rotate each into the playlist. It was hilarious when super fiesta was ranked.

This would likely appeal to the remaining player base and make it possible to find games.
It is hard enough to find a BTB game solo-queueing as an Onyx player...you'd have to be delusional to expect to find a game with others in your party. It is obviously a population issue which mainly has to do with the fact that this game is approaching its fifth year in existence.

I've had plenty of fair games in 4v4 arena, why don't you get a team of 4 and see how you fare?
Because my friends quit playing so there’s maybe only a few players that consider playing arena. I had one friend online last week and we played slayer. Got boring after 10 or so games with the amount of carrying and lack of large maps and vehicle play I’m so used to in BTB and Warzone! It was a nice suggestion though
The problems in BTB aren't related to restrictions. The people who aren't finding matches right now are not hitting any of the restrictions, there just aren't 16 people to play.
Sigh. I guess it's just gonna be MCC now.
ZaedynFel wrote:
The problems in BTB aren't related to restrictions. The people who aren't finding matches right now are not hitting any of the restrictions, there just aren't 16 people to play.
Are you serious right now? There’s always more than 4-5 lobbies searching with 5+ to find a game and when it can’t find one they drop players and then it matches right away. How bout you make btb ranked a featured playlist for double xp to try to bring people back into the playlist. Why kill it off and add game modes like grifball, a mode where players farm kills for however many minutes a grifball game takes to conclude. BTB has always been a part of halo period. Id hate to see become a rotational playlist because of all the changes over the past few months/ years made to it. Make btb a playlist that everyone loves to play, playable again. That crap about there’s not 16 players searching or playing sounds bananas. Idk where you get data or at what time the data comes in but players want to play btb. Hate to see btb leave rank but to bring it back to how it was before rank, move back to social.
I would rather play Halo 5 then go to MCC. Or any other game for that matter. Disregard rank and make it social if that’ll help the playlist. Is it too late to do that or will it have to wait till next season to make those changes. You claim everyone’s off working on Infinite that’s good in all but there has to be a few people still working on H5 and I’m sure there’s quite a few people who still work on MCC otherwise that game would have died out along time ago. What can you do to help the playlist out?
He mentioned in another Feedback thread that he's not going to get rid of BTB Fiesta and replace it with regular BTB in social if the Fiesta version has more people playing it and they're both not going to be in the social playlist at the same time. The couple chances BTB had was the refresh and then making it ranked instead of just making it rotational right away. Those things failed and now it's implied that it's going to be rotational.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
He mentioned way earlier in the thread that he's not going to get rid of BTB Fiesta and replace it with regular BTB in social if the Fiesta version has more people playing it and they're both not going to be in the social playlist at the same time. The couple chances BTB had was the refresh and then making it ranked instead of just making it rotational right away. Those things failed and now it's implied that it's going to be rotational.
Those things didn’t fail. 343 failed when they launched halo 5 without a big team playlist and had no dev made BTB maps. BTB was an afterthought and DOA.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 45
  4. 46
  5. 47
  6. 48
  7. ...
  8. 49