3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 37
D4rkDeath wrote:
The only map I can think of that I don't like outright is Ancestor. I wish Guillotine came up more often (does it no longer come up for strongholds?)
At this time Guillotine is Slayer only, but I could see Strongholds returning. I have made some adjustments to Ancestor and the interior of the middle has seen some design changes. We will see how that continues to play out.
Hey. Just a suggestion. Do you think you would ever consider changing the timer of the laser to 3 minutes on this map? Or maybe even put a second sentinel beam down there instead. I just feel like there is always at least one laser in play in ancestor. Maybe you intended that but sometimes it feels a bit much.

Also I think ancestor is the hardest map by far in the game to get a flag pull. Respawn seems a little friendly for defenders. I don’t know if there is perhaps a change there that could be made. Truthfully I’ve always enjoyed your design of ancestor. I loved CE and the map brings back memories. And it can play out very well at times, it’s also much different than any other current map. Just the flag respawns and in slayer the spawns seem to flip very easily. I have spawned, Pushed out to camo and had an enemy that respawned shooting me in the back by the time I’ve gotten to caster.

I’m eager to see your tweaks in ancestor if its staying with the refresh.
Starting Weapons: One of the upgraded Battle Riffles either the Long barrel or stabilized BR, paired with the Tactical Magnum as a sidearm

Spartan Lasers should be available on map, and on heavy vehicle maps like dispelled the upgraded variant of spartan laser should be the one.

It is a good opportunity to show off the depth of the weapon sandbox. Make the B.R. great again. Have some unique upgraded variants placed on the map or spawned on the weapon pad. Experiment a bit.

Obviously a new map or 2 is really refreshing.
D4rkDeath wrote:
The only map I can think of that I don't like outright is Ancestor. I wish Guillotine came up more often (does it no longer come up for strongholds?)
At this time Guillotine is Slayer only, but I could see Strongholds returning. I have made some adjustments to Ancestor and the interior of the middle has seen some design changes. We will see how that continues to play out.
Hey. Just a suggestion. Do you think you would ever consider changing the timer of the laser to 3 minutes on this map? Or maybe even put a second sentinel beam down there instead. I just feel like there is always at least one laser in play in ancestor. Maybe you intended that but sometimes it feels a bit much.

Also I think ancestor is the hardest map by far in the game to get a flag pull. Respawn seems a little friendly for defenders. I don’t know if there is perhaps a change there that could be made. Truthfully I’ve always enjoyed your design of ancestor. I loved CE and the map brings back memories. And it can play out very well at times, it’s also much different than any other current map. Just the flag respawns and in slayer the spawns seem to flip very easily. I have spawned, Pushed out to camo and had an enemy that respawned shooting me in the back by the time I’ve gotten to caster.

I’m eager to see your tweaks in ancestor if its staying with the refresh.
Yes, the splaser is not proper and is being fixed to 3 minutes. The bases are harder to look into from the second tier, the middle tunnels are more infantry friendly, and some other tweaks and quality of life changes. Check it out if you like. There are a few surprises.
I must say that playing MCC BTB and getting a game without having to wait 5 minutes for the lobby to fill up the last slot is really nice. It makes me realize how frustrating it really is when I do play H5.
The more options we have to play the better.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I enjoyed the Gauss Hog added to the Super Fiesta BTB game mode, it made the hog (with a good driver/gunner) something that needs to be addressed by the entire team. Adding a BTB Heavies (similar to H3) with H2BR starts.

Adding Avalanche from H3 would be a good add with a regular wasp on both sides (taking place of the Hornets).It was a fun map for sure playing CTF
Id love to see avalanched from halo 3
I feel starting out with a battle rifle and smg are for the best of halo
Maybe more players aswell as new maps
Figured I'd put my 2 cents in for this. In regards to the specific questions asked ;
  • I don't really like the BR in any capacity (for me it acts like a low tier, no skill weapon), so for starting weapons I would like to see other mid range but semi accurate weapons like the DMR.
  • For the warthogs, I would like to see the warzone variants popup on thematically correct maps (you know, Tundra hog on snow maps) + adding the needle hog to spice things up.
  • As far as game modes go, the standard ones are working so no real change there, although adding oddball might be interesting (if oddball is in halo 5, can't remember).
Now on to the more wish list part of what I would like to see in BTB going forward;
  • Ranked - Enjoyed it when was originally ranked, gave me a better sense of my over all skill and what I might be able to do better.
  • Map removal - Entombed needs to be buried and never found again, just don't like how it flows and spawn killing. Never really get to see anything else, so can't put an opinion on anything else.
  • Adding interactivity - I'd like to see the new maps that are put in to be ones that have something that can be interacted with (you know like high grounds in H3 or Vertigo from H4).
  • Make it unique - Focus on maps that have a unique perspective on design (not a remake or 'reimagining' of older maps.
  • Tank beats everything - Would like to see the scorpion featured more.
That's all I can think of for now, If I can think of anything else, I will certainly post again.
Savieer wrote:
eLantern wrote:
Savieer wrote:
- Remove Scavenger
Why?

In my opinion, it's one of the very best BTB maps in Halo 5. And it pairs extremely well with the Strongholds mode.
Scavenger is one of the most non-sense maps I ever seen in my opinion. Spawns are randoms, there are some points of the map which present frame drops (especially if you go in Top mid). It’s not balanced and definitely not good for Strongholds.
Ah, I forgot another map to remove from the playlist: Viking. Why? Because it’s not adapted for a H5 gameplay and let’s don’t talk about warthog Gausses ... they should remove them if they want to keep Viking in the map rotation.
if there is such issues with the map, then you need to bring your feedback to the forger. Scavenger was tested more than any other btb map within that playlist from my experience. that forger went through hundreds of iterations until it was ready for MM. Your frustration might stem from the fact you need intimate knowledge of the map in order to succeed, but I will say anything can be improved. im sure if you asked the forger, he would listen.

first find the why, then create a conclusion. Just saying a map is bad without reasoning will be seen as nonsense.
Halo Reach style and give everyone a DMR and a AR
Loadout: I think a Longshot BR might work for BTB. Although the Longshot sight's range might be too much, it could make for an acceptable range for the BR. DMR / Recon DMR would also be fantastic.
Modes: I would appreciate a slight weight towards objective modes (CTF, Strongholds) because I still need Arena commendations. I don't mind Slayer though.
Please stop with only standoff that map is bad and it seems to be the only map played
I think a good starting weapon combo would be a DMR variant with the AR or SMG as a secondary. The DMR kinda seems like a good balance between the idea of using the BR and Magnum. The DMR kinda seems like the forgotten percision weapon in H5 and I think it could use some more love. Lots of people (myself included) don’t find the BR fun to use in its current state; also, I don’t think the community doesn’t need another game mode with the magnum as a starting weapon (don’t get me wrong, the magnum is one of my favorite H5 weapons).
Conclusion: DMR variant FTW.
Does this mean more map creators have a chance at getting their maps into matchmaking (olive helm.)?
I think it would be good to have different starting weapons for different maps that way there is some more variety. I personally liked the DMR recon paired with SMG long barrel.
I'll give my two cents on this.
BTB is my favorite playlist, and has been since Reach. I've thought Halo 5 did a pretty good job of carrying over the Reach Legacy of BTB with the amount of custom maps from the community.
If I could recommend an update to the playlist, I would say you should add in four new community maps, and have one be a forge "remake" of something from a past game. Adding in a new game mode like BTB Heavies would also definitely motivate me to hop back over to H5 from MCC.
As for the weapon situation, I would like to see the H2 BR replace the normal BR, but I think it might end up in the same position as the Stabilizer BR and be too good. Probably going with the Magnum or the Gunfighter Magnum would make the most sense, even if a BTB purist like myself would prefer a BR.

Really in my mind I think that the enhanced mobility has taken away a lot of the fun in BTB, as most of the time moving on foot is almost as fast as riding in a warthog. It's usually a more strategic option too. That's part of the reason why I've gone back to MCC for my BTB fix, because I don't think Halo 5's mobility lends itself well to the normal pacing and map layout typical of BTB. With 16 players and the speed at which Halo 5 plays at with enhanced mobility, it's almost too hectic to be fun (at least for me) sometimes. Halo 2 Anniversary feels about right in regards to how fast a match should go.
I hope that helps! Maybe it's just me, but maybe the rest of the community is avoiding the playlist for the same reasons. The pacing of the mode in general is just not that enjoyable because of how fast Halo 5 is. Sorry to go off topic!
I love Big Team Battle!!
I Want to see bigger Maps with more vehicles in it I want more air vehicles in it!! I want to see a elevator in a map that would be cool and some boost jump like you have in forge!!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 37