OP Forum Team

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 49
Breakout Refresh

Please provide feedback on the Breakout refresh in this thread! To read up on the new Breakout, read today's Community Update.

Since launch, we’ve been gathering your feedback on the mode, the maps, the weapon layouts, and more here on Waypoint, and we’ve made a variety of updates to address that. In Breakout, the following changes have been made:
  • Full Shields
  • Starting Weapons: Pistol (with Extended Magazine) & Shotgun
  • Radar is enabled
  • Flag is brought home to score
Thank you! We look forward to hearing your feedback.
I'll have to give this a try when I can. It sounds interesting...
Oooh, new twist.
I just played a few games. Breakout was my least favorite mode. Here's my thoughts.

I like the the flag playing like neutral flag and returning to your own base. Makes the mid presence a little more important.

Full shields is great.

Shotty start is not great. You just can't have shotty start in a ranked playlist IMO. Leave it social if you want the shotty, otherwise pistol ar start.

I I like this breakout better, but I was not a fan of the original mode. I think breakout players are going to hate this.
Why did you change it? It was fine the way it was! Full shields? Its pretty much just slayer with lives now.

What was the point of hyping everyone so much about a gamemode that you just end up changing?

I'm really disappointed. Breakout was by far my favorite gamemode (before firefight released), even on the beta! Changing the mechanics of the mode is just pointless and ruined the mode entirely. Great job.
Thanks to everyone in advance for playing, I'm looking forward to the feedback. If anyone has any specific thoughts regarding the new "2.0" maps, I'd love to hear them!
I FORGE and take collecting maps pretty seriously and think there needs to be a link to the new BREAKOUT maps like there was for the BTB refresh so that its easy to bookmark them it would be great.... thanks!!!
breakout was honestly great the way it way. My all time favorite playlist ever until now. Shotguns? Shields? You can carry 4 grenades? Why change it like that. I loved the no shield SMG starts. It was perfect the way it was. It was more challenging.
Honestly the breakout we all know and love should stay the way it was. Ranked or unranked (preferably unranked)
It was unique compared to the other playlists now it's just slayer with lives and shotguns. And remove the radar. Radar doesn't belong in breakout.
If your gonna change it like that. Should make separate playlists. Like the shotugn start ranked breakout and then have the SMG start unranked breakout

It's just not breakout anymore
Only change I wish to have is changing staring Magnum to normal from extended mag.
The maps and extended mag magnum are welcome changes. The shotgun doesnt belong in breakout as a starting weapon, ESPECIALLY with the radar on. Two many kills adn deaths from camping corners and watching the radar. Having to bring the glaf back to your own abse is bad as well. it makes it really easy to win by flag rushing and pulling it back, and its too hard to counter if the team with the flag has the tiniest amount of teamwork.
Shields slow the pace of breakout a lot. The previous health system was unique and it felt satisfying 2 shotting people with Battle Rifles. Shotguns as a starting weapon, radar turned on, and the ability to carry 4 grenade's do not help the pace either. What was it's own fast paced gametype that felt like it was catered towards those who like faster paced competitive shooters like Counter Strike or Quake is now just slayer with lives. Small thing, but Breakout was the only gamemode besides Warzone where you could use your customized SMG, a incentive for some.

First impression? Negative, 343. I dont like it
I don't have much to say other than I didn't enjoy original Breakout and I don't enjoy the new one either.

Next time, please give us some sort of notice that this is going to happen and let the community actually get involved with it. This sprung out of nowhere and is honestly completely bizarre. We also can't forget that Breakout just went from a 10+ map playlist to a 6 map playlist.

Please focus on modes that people want to play in Halo 5, not modes that have been dead on arrival :/
Strategy for this game type is totally a game changer.
Breakout wasn't about capture the flag as much as it was a defend the flag if you're the last man standing while hunting out the other team remaining. This new game type is less about defeating the other team with the highest amount of kills/and earning commendations along the way. Now it is about cap'n the flag as fast as you can to win without losing the other 3 members of your team to quickly as the other team pushing the mid to get the flag runner before they score. The Radar makes this game type to much like slayer and less like SWAT making it seem rushed to cap the flag. The Game type should be renamed to sometime like "Get the Flag Rookie, I'll Cover You"

Biggest complaint thus far would be:
  1. Shotguns?? Really the Primary weapon for that matter. Why not make it Sniper and Silencer pistol, for all the camping and crouch walking going on now.
  2. Radar?? Camping and crouch walking defeats this useless add on.
  3. Out of bounds area not defined well, (I fell to my death in Altitude 2.0 without knowing thats a no man's land in the orageish area) I would like to see this touched up with some more detail to clearly show death will follow if you fall down there.
  4. Game type is more about "capture the flag" than it is about "kill or be killed". Place two flags on the map, making the team go get them from the other side and bring back; one to defend and one to capture to score both are away GAME ON suckers!
  5. THIS NEW TYPE IS NOT WHAT "BREAK OUT" SHOULD HAVE MUTATED INTO. Slight mods can fix this, take away Radar and flag altogether and make it more about seek out and defeat before getting defeated.
Please, just go back to the original. The new version is cool for a weekend playlist, but it takes away the excitement and pace of the original. A major downgrade if you ask me.
I don't have much to say other than I didn't enjoy original Breakout and I don't enjoy the new one either.

Next time, please give us some sort of notice that this is going to happen and let the community actually get involved with it. This sprung out of nowhere and is honestly completely bizarre. We also can't forget that Breakout just went from a 10+ map playlist to a 6 map playlist.

Please focus on modes that people want to play in Halo 5, not modes that have been dead on arrival :/
I don't know about you, but The ORG Breakout was fine, it was unique and created a strategy unlike any other game type in HALO MP games before. I don't think it was dead on arrival, some small fixes and updated maps.. Like these now show, were on the right track. But to change out the weapons was a big f up on 343's choice.
hey thnx for ruining breakout
I don't know how you guys managed to take a horrible gametype and make it worse but you sure did good job
I'll give more feedback after a week or so but so far it feels more tactical. Overall I think it's an improvement.
Here's my opinion.
It sucks.
I've been playing breakout for a long time and you guys just ruined it.
First of all. Shotgun starts? Who thought that was a good idea? Its not.
Full shields? Uh no. This isn't slayer. This is suppose to be fast paced and competitive. Now people are just playing it like capture the flag. It no longer gives that feeling it use to.
This isn't breakout. This is elimination slayer. And why would you rank it? That was dumb.
I personally feel like this was a slap in the face to breakout players. You guys unranked it, then destroyed it and gave it back to us as this garbage. I feel like maybe you guys want to do away with breakout so you decide to make a joke out of it so no one plays it. This is all purely my opinion. I want the old breakout back. New maps, awesome. Let's do that. Just don't take away something we loved and bring it back as this crap. #BringTheOldBreakoutBack 🎮
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 49