2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 57
Shotgun Starts? Can I get a wall bouncing ability as well. I've always wanted to play Gears of Halo /s
The old Breakout was SO MUCH better. Personally when i shove a shotgun into someones face and they live it kinda ticks me off...
Change it back.

Change. It. Back.

Shields don't work for this playlist. The main thing that was different about this playlist was the one life, no shields playstyle that this playlist was known for, and now you have shields and not to mention radar.

Change it back.

Shotguns + Thrusters = No. Change it back.

I'd rather have SMGs/Gunfighter Magnum as starters, with health tweaked so that three headshots are required from a pistol but one is required from a BR/DMR.

Aside from completely dismissing social playlists because we would be playing "for funsies" (I'm playing a video game so excuse me if I want to actually have fun and not get sweaty), this is definitely the worst choice you've made for this game.

Change it the hell back.
No 343...just no...please bring back breakout the way it was and make it ranked again. You guys took a competitive playlist and made an actionsack out of it. It's random chaotic and casual. It dose not belong in a ranked playlist. My sugestion:

1. Change back to the original exactly the way it was
2. Keep the new maps and add them to the original ones (the more maps there are the better for us)
3. Make breakout ranked again
4. Add breakout to the team arena playlist (team arena should include all competitive game types, it might bring in some new player who might otherwise never tried it)

if if your not bringing back the original...then at least take away the shotgun starts and make the flag work the way it used to be.
In the playlist update, Breakout is ranked.

And Breakout was once added to the Team Arena playlist, as Breakout arena on Arena maps, rather than the traditional Breakout maps, but was faced with negative feedback. so it was dropped about 10 months ago.
Because they were based on arena maps and if I recall correctly they had full shields as well. I'm talking about adding breakout exactly how it was to the arena playlist with the original breakout maps.

This current "breakout" playlist is not breakout to me. So they need to bring the original back and make it ranked. That's why I listed that point.
Quote:
Please provide feedback on the Breakout refresh in this thread! To read up on the new Breakout, read today's Community Update.

Since launch, we’ve been gathering your feedback on the mode, the maps, the weapon layouts, and more here on Waypoint, and we’ve made a variety of updates to address that. In Breakout, the following changes have been made:
  • Full Shields
  • Starting Weapons: Pistol (with Extended Magazine) & Shotgun
  • Radar is enabled
  • Flag is brought home to score
Thank you! We look forward to hearing your feedback.
I do like the shotgun addition. That really emphasizes the close-quarters combat, which I like. I am really indifferent about the radar and new flag rule, but I do like the full shield. I think the extended mag on the magnum is unnecessary, however.
I liked the old Breakout way better, and I completely disagree with the reasoning behind the change. Creating this odd marriage between Breakout and standard Halo gameplay just ruins both of those concepts. Breakout 2.0 gives an uncanny valley vibe when I play it. It feels like something's wrong with it because it can't commit to either playstyle ideology.

The shotgun starts work out better than I expected, but I would still vastly prefer SMG starts. It felt a lot more like a tactical spec-ops kinda mode when we had SMGs. Shotguns just make it feel like it's trying to be Gears of War (great timing with that, BTW).
SAS03 wrote:
I just played a few games. Breakout was my least favorite mode. Here's my thoughts.

I like the the flag playing like neutral flag and returning to your own base. Makes the mid presence a little more important.

Full shields is great.

Shotty start is not great. You just can't have shotty start in a ranked playlist IMO. Leave it social if you want the shotty, otherwise pistol ar start.

I I like this breakout better, but I was not a fan of the original mode. I think breakout players are going to hate this.
I agree, I actually think the new breakout is pretty good but from most of what I've read, people hate it.
I think a big reason why people dislike the new breakout is the shotty starts. It's a bit ridiculous. I understand that you want to have players "Retain lethality" but as this man said, it's bonkers to have that in a ranked playlist. I've played over 10 games now and many spartans just want to pistol duel with you until their shields are popped and then swap to shotgun and hope you approach around a corner.

I think you should consider giving us BR starts, so one player is still a force to be reckoned with, and then each team gets one shotgun spawn. Like how the BR used to be in the original breakout.

The problem is that every spartan starts with an easy OHKO weapon now, whereas before, only one member of your team had an easy OHKO weapon (The BR)
No, it's not just the shotgun starts that we hate. We hate Full Shields and Motion Trackers.
Whatever man, point still stands that shotty starts are a load. As for shields and motion tracker, if everyone hated arena breakout (myself included, it was terrible) I'm not sure why they decided to turn it into the official breakout playlist, but you know how 343 is. They don't care what we want and if this is the new breakout because they're so stubborn then I at LEAST want shottys gone.
I liked the old Breakout way better, and I completely disagree with the reasoning behind the change. Creating this odd marriage between Breakout and standard Halo gameplay just ruins both of those concepts. Breakout 2.0 gives an uncanny valley vibe when I play it. It feels like something's wrong with it because it can't commit to either playstyle ideology.

The shotgun starts work out better than I expected, but I would still vastly prefer SMG starts. It felt a lot more like a tactical spec-ops kinda mode when we had SMGs. Shotguns just make it feel like it's trying to be Gears of War (great timing with that, BTW).
This is a good point. Why brand breakout as something new, fresh, and exciting, and then go and try to make it as similar as possible to the traditional modes?
I dont like the shotty and radar on; as before I could go in a room running and might still get a chance of reversing the kill if I get shot by SMG, now I have to crawl each time if I want to be "safe" cuz the other player might be already there and kill me as soonest I pop in.

about the flag to home, I am not sure of this one, I dont have an strong argument to says is wrong but truth is I was in enemy base like for ten seconds before realizing this change ¬¬ thanks for the heads up !
The maps are okay. They're strange.
I hate the shotgun start. Just make it pistols no back up weapon. That would be better. The shotgun promotes camping/crouching a lot. Let's get that removed please.
just turn Radar off again please !!! I dont want to be crouching each time I go into a room
So far I like the refreshed maps, however every other change I do not like. Granted I haven't played nearly enough yet to form a solid opinion but here's what I think thus far.

Full shields
I don't like full sheld because it plays slower than it did and you can't come back from a 3v1 like you used to. Breakout to me was fast paced and nerve wracking because you could do very fast and a come back was always possible. Now it is not.

Starting Weapon
Pistol good. Shotgun bad. Why is shotgun a starting weapon, it's a power weapon. It makes breakout a giant crouch fest sometimes. Whyyy.

Radar
Radar is in the same boat as shotgun; crouch fest. No buenos.

Flag
I would like this if you didn't have full shields. Old breakout was slayer based, new breakout is flag based. With full shields I think it's a little too easy to get away with the flag. Taking away shields and bringing the flag back to your side would keep the game flag based but not too easy to cap.
Everyone who says "Change it back", were you playing breakout much? 343 had to make a change because breakout was dying, so clearly tons of people were avoiding breakout. i think the new version plays much better. Full shields gives everyone a fighting chance, and the flag actually plays a role. Matches go very quickly because camping isn't a viable strategy. You can camp on your side of the map all day, the other team will just win via the flag. It's also waaaay easier to get those breakout commendations done.
Flag should still be brought to enemy's base. That defined this playlist and made it different from CTF or Slayer.
Well, shot guns aren't the best primary, maybe an assault rifle or smg? Idk, shot guns are a little too good if you get up close. Not too much skill needed. I do like the magnums and shields. Radar seems 100% useless and kinda messes up break out. I like playing with teamates calling out people or where they see someone. Radar doesn't even help that much considering everyone crouches.
I'm going to start off by saying the Breakout refresh is my favorite thing about Halo 5. I also want to note that by the time I was finished with my 10 placement games I was shaking fromexcitement. I had never once enjoyed anything in this game as much as the new Breakout. It's not perfect, but we'll get there:

• I want to say that you guys went and made a very interesting game (its definitely not Halo, but I digress) and with that game you guys can forge very interesting maps that suit this new type of game. There are times when the terrain is frustrating with random juts and obstacles that I find in most of your maps that I guess you could argue is "cover", but overall the feel of the maps is fast and exciting and pushes the mechanics to how they're supposed to feel. Movement is key in Halo 5, and this game type exploits that, well done.
  • The duels. Oh. My. God. The Duels. I love it. These short encounters that allow players to out-maneuver the opponent and get the kill. There's nothing like it. 1v1's feel so nice when both players are fully in-tune with the game type. Go for the flag. Bait the opponent. Watch the time. Go! Go! Go! It gets my hands shaking every time. The addition of shields make going for the flag a viable option, speaking of shields and flags...
  • SHIELDS AND THE RELATION TO THE FLAG: The old breakout was fine, but it was swat... with flags.. I hated it. I really hated it. I'm the type of player that doesn't get the first head shot, but I will get the kill if I can fight my opponent strategically (the entire point of breakout imo, reference reason #2 above). With shields, I can risk going for the flag and even get some miracle-level kills. There isn't this overwhelming feeling of "if I poke my head out I'm dead cause dmr". Feelings like that slow the game. A game about movement (reference reason #1 above). To slow the pace of the game is a disgrace and having shields combats that. Shields make breakout viable.
  • Now. what takes down shields the fastest? Shotguns. Why shotguns. Oh my god. WHY shotguns?? If this is some tactic to aid lower-skill players combat higher-skilled players you need to see how terrible that is. You know how shotguns are powerful (besides ya know.. always)? They're most effective when you're crouching around corners. Slowly. Creeping. Don't wanna show up on radar now... What happened to all the movement?? Oh that's right. IT'S GONE. Even when the player isn't hiding behind one of your "obstacles" (Don't think I forgot about those), they're just shooting wildly at the player whose gunning them down from afar with the magnum. If they had the smg, they might've stood a chance and the flow of the game wouldn't have been inhibited. Shotguns are the biggest issue with the refresh.
I've played about 3 hours of the refresh and I have about 72 hours of total game time. I care very much about this game and I want people to enjoy it more and more. I hope my notes can contribute in some way to making this project better.
Also, please hire some social network people. Why the hell is there a Twitter if you're not going to reply to fans. You experience a lot of hate and disdain and yet I see no steps taken to appease the community. With things in this way and fans yelling into the void I'm not sure how many more games you guys can afford to make. Which is unfortunate because you've crafted something so unique and interesting, but you slap "Halo" on it and try to fill both roles. Unfortunately, from what you've displayed, its only the dollar that counts. So as of right now, I won't be buying your next game.
I played a lot of breakout... the original version which was much better then what they did to it now. The original maps were way better
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 57