OP Forum Team

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 57
I'd replace the shotguns with SMGs, and possibly make the old breakout a gametype along with the new breakout in the playlist. If people don't like the old breakout in there, then remove it, but keep it in at first. It's a lot of fun though....at least when I'm not sucking.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Wow there are many toxic replies on the first page. To all you guys who said breakout was fine as it was, you should know it was the least populated playlist, so they needed to give it a massive overhaul to see how people would like it. It's change: you hate it now, but you guys'll probably warm up to it eventually. As I've already suggested, there should be both gametypes in the playlist. Also, I think it should revert back to the way where you have to go to the enemy base to capture the flag.
A true bastardization of one of my favorite modes, I am very, very bummed.

Been playing since launch and Breakout has always been a standout favorite, I honestly thought it was a perfect mode. I don't think I ever played a match that wasn't fun, regardless of performance. But this, this is not fun. One thing I loved about the original mode was that you COULD take on a full team by yourself if you played it right, but that just doesn't seem feasible now. Honestly, I've respected you guys at 343 so much since you started making Halo games, especially since Halo 5 has been so great, hell, I even spent a good deal of time at the Firefight booth at RTX and chatted with Mr. Ellis and it truly made my weekend. So as a true fan, I can say with certainty that this is a truly disappointing development. It already depressed me that not many seemed to care about Breakout as it was, but now I can't even enjoy it myself. If you guys have the ability to reverse this decision, please do.

I apologize if my feedback lacks details about WHY exactly I don't enjoy this new mode. I can't really say, it's the kind of thing I can't seem to express, like the way you fall in love with a song simply because of how it makes you feel, not because of how it's composed. I loved Breakout for how it made me feel, the fun and the edge-of-your-seat intensity. I hate this for how it doesn't feel like any of that. I'd say that Shotty primaries, shields, and radars are the biggest problems here, but honestly, as someone who thought the original Breakout was incredibly well designed as it was, I can't help but feel like every change is unnecessary and/or wrong. Not helpful, I know, but what can I say.

Thank you for hearing me out.
Wow there are many toxic replies on the first page. To all you guys who said breakout was fine as it was, you should know it was the least populated playlist, so they needed to give it a massive overhaul to see how people would like it. It's change: you hate it now, but you guys'll probably warm up to it eventually. As I've already suggested, there should be both gametypes in the playlist. Also, I think it should revert back to the way where you have to go to the enemy base to capture the flag.
Toxic replies? How about personal opinions. Just like your opinion. This new breakout is terrible. They need to bring it back to the way it was. Not this joke. Warming up to this is a ridiculous thing to say. Answer me this, were you always rounding up a team of friends to play it competitively and grind for onyx every season? I was and nearly half my friends were as well. 343 just wants to do away with breakout so they make it this joke playlist. #BringTheOldBreakoutBack
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
Nutrisse wrote:
Toxic replies? How about personal opinions. Just like your opinion. This new breakout is terrible. They need to bring it back to the way it was. Not this joke. Warming up to this is a ridiculous thing to say. Answer me this, were you always rounding up a team of friends to play it competitively and grind for onyx every season? I was and nearly half my friends were as well. 343 just wants to do away with breakout so they make it this joke playlist. #BringTheOldBreakoutBack
Its was the least populated playlist.
Seeing as you think this is playable is a joke, knowing breakout was hardly populated imagine how many people will play it now. After people try it out itll take probably an hour just to find one game.
Breakout sucks now. Thanks for ruining the only good thing to come out of Halo in a long time.
It is now impossible to get the "Against All Odds" commendation

Edit: i just got one so maybe I exaggerated, though it was only a 2 on 1
This is constructive criticism in my personal opinion. Keep that in mind.
When breakout was released for Halo 5 I was excited, it was new and different; 343 was taking strides to change the competitive scene in Halo and it was welcome in my eyes. It was fast paced and tides could change in an instant with a well placed grenade or a quick snapshot with the DMR. I understand it wasn't every players cup of tea but that's the best part about games; you can stop playing.
When I saw there was an update to breakout I was honestly excited, I eagerly read on to see the changes. As I read on my face grew colder and unimpressed. Full shields? New starting weapons? "Okay" I thought, "Maybe it wont be too bad, I'm open minded." But as I got into a match I soon grew disappointed, angry almost. All the quick competitiveness is lost, the flag is no longer an option, it's almost required to hold.
343 I understand that you are trying to expand and cater to everyone but you've taken away any progress you made and replaced it with a brand new game mode with the same name. I'm almost at a loss of how you blatantly disregarded the community.
Bad show, 343, bad show...
It is now impossible to get the "Against All Odds" commendation
and impossible to get the unstoppable commendation. So much grenade spam. Radars as well. Bummed :/
Spoiler:
Show
Just wondering, by adding this on 9/30, does that mean that September and October rank playlist are combined?
Of course it was the least populated. The mlg playlist was the least populated gametype in the old Halo games as well. There are far more casual players than there are hardcore players. Breakout was the most competitive playlist in this game so of course it was the least played. Now all 343 has done is cater to the casual players who already had a ton of playlists to play and shun the competitive players by removing their gametype and giving a casual bastardization of it to their casual players.
Origional Breakout was better.
It seems very great, I look forward
Why shotguns? Why redo the maps? Why does the flag return to YOUR base? Why 343, Why?
This is such an improvement. The old breakout was one of the worst and least enjoyable gamodes I've played in any game ever. However, I do think that pickups on each map and the starting load outs could be tinkered with. I think that keeping SMGs would be better as well as getting rid of the plasma pistols on maps, but I like the other changes. I might even actually play it now.
No shotgun as starting weapon and no radar. Breakout was unique and special without it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 57