2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 57
It is now impossible to get the "Against All Odds" commendation
and impossible to get the unstoppable commendation. So much grenade spam. Radars as well. Bummed :/
Incorrect sir, it is now incredibly easy to get. I got four Unstoppables today. Albeit, in doing I was not helping my team, but they are MUCH easier to get. They do kind of require letting the other team win now though.
Sincerelly I played 5 matches of breakout just to get the achievement, and I didn't like it, haven't tried the new format yet and I don't know if I never will, however I'm sorry for the players who love that mode. Maybe this thread won't get like the firefight one, where 343 started it and then hasn't give a -Yoink- anymore of the players' feedbacks, but it probably will.

P.S. Hope they prove me wrong; good luck with your feedbacks.
Radar
I think adding radar in a gamemode where you are supposed to be stealth and fast the same time, is a very bad idea.
Shields
I thought of Breakout as a great mix of Slayer and Swat. But this isn't the case anymore because of shields. Now it feels just like Slayer, in cool-looking maps and without respawns.
Flag
Returning the flag to your own base makes sense, but makes every match feel like a neutral flag match, because everyone focuses on the flag, while the flag was supposed to be a secondary objective. This happens because captures are much easier since you don't meet any resistance. Also, the concept of delivering the flag to the enemy base would make much more sense now since it's harder to die, because of the shields.
4 Grenade Limit Instead Of 2
I like this change! It's hard to find grenades in most of the maps (at least on the first versions of the maps, I haven't played all of the new versions) so I don't think that it really affects the gameplay. Also, considering that you are more time alive, because of the shields, it makes more sense haveing 4 grenades instead of 2.
Ranks
FINALLY!!!!!! Breakout is finally Ranked again!!!!!!!!!!
Shotgun Spawns
I see the point of haveing Shotgun spawns, but even with shields I think it's a little OP. Also I really liked Spawning with an Smg!
Thank for reading :)
I can see why they changed to this new breakout. the old one was just some weird mix of slayer and swat with only one life per round. this one is more of its own playlist rather than a Frankenstein playlists. the whole returning the flag to your own base rather than the enemy forces both teams to push hard and fast towards the middle. having a shotgun (a power weapon) in ranked playlists isn't overpowered if everyone has it, this is cause the shotgun actually requires experience to use. the shotgun also lends even more to the aggressive playstyle that this playlists demands. However after all that being said I would suggest keeping the old version of breakout as well as a social playlist, cause there are plenty of people out there that were huge fans of it. As to whether I enjoy it or not, well only time will tell, I have only had the pleasure of enduring eleven games of this new breakout.
Bump shields down to 50% and remove the motion tracker is what I think should happen.
It was already crap but now it's worse. You morons. Shotguns and radar. Jesus Christ. Played 2 games. Will not be playing again.
I'm so, so disappointed. I've tried it and it just isn't Breakout at all. It's Slayer with shotguns and 1 life per round.

I've read all the feedback and the majority of it is negative, which I agree with. You have asked for our feedback, so please take it into consideration. Players who loved Breakout the way it was are going to feel betrayed and angry at these changes. We have paid good money for the game, and you are now potentially ruining it for them.

I can't get over how drastically you have changed it. Full shields, Motion Tracker, Shotgun start... Break was so unique with it's game play, and is the reason why the people who love it, loved it. I can't understand why it needs to feel more like the reason of Halo, you already have playlists for that.

People keep saying that Breakout was 'the least popular' playlist. I'm not sure how true that is, but when it was ranked a couple months ago, I never struggled to get a match.

I so desperately want Breakout back to how it was in June and July, Ranked. It was great, couldn't wait to play it after work each day. Recently, I've still been looking forward to playing it, but it's not been the same since it's been unranked. It was the perfect gametype. Starting with a 12 round magnum, no motion trackers, half a shield, on a symmetrical map is what made Breakout so great! The only thing left from that list is the symmetrical maps.

I've played 5 games so far. The first game, we won, my teammates just grabbed the flag on Trench and ran back. It was boring. The second 2 games started as 3 vs 4. Impossible to win for the team of 3, which wasn't the case with the old Breakout.

Pros
New maps are cool, except I preferred the darker look compared to the new lighter look.
It's ranked again.
It's featured at the top.

Cons
Completely different gametype, not fast paced, skilled game play. Not Breakout.
Terrible starting weapons
Encourages camping waiting with a shotgun
Full shields make it too similar to normal Slayer
No way of playing the old Breakout, not even unranked.
Motion trackers ruin Breakout

To sum up, I really hate it, as a Breakout only player, it's made me not want to play Halo anymore. I hope the developers can see how upset a lot of us original Breakout players are, and at a minimum let us play the old version.
It was already bad but now it's worse. Full shields, Shotguns and radar. Do you not know what that will do? Getting the flag to your own base is really stupid too. Played 2 games. Will not play again.
I like it. It brings the same amount of fun as regular breakout. I haven't seen a map with power ups tho
Thanks to everyone in advance for playing, I'm looking forward to the feedback. If anyone has any specific thoughts regarding the new "2.0" maps, I'd love to hear them!
The maps have been majorly improved. I've played on all of them. Each one is better than the old ones. Altitude I think its called is kinda weird (the one where the flag is on the lower level and where you can kill yourself). I don't really know how to describe it, maybe too closed up? I think removing a few walls would be beneficial.
Thanks to everyone in advance for playing, I'm looking forward to the feedback. If anyone has any specific thoughts regarding the new "2.0" maps, I'd love to hear them!
The maps have been majorly improved. I've played on all of them. Each one is better than the old ones. Altitude I think its called is kinda weird (the one where the flag is on the lower level and where you can kill yourself). I don't really know how to describe it, maybe too closed up? I think removing a few walls would be beneficial.
They should remove the free fall too in my opinion.
SAS03 wrote:
I'm so, so disappointed. I've tried it and it just isn't Breakout at all. It's Slayer with shotguns and 1 life per round.

I've read all the feedback and the majority of it is negative, which I agree with. You have asked for our feedback, so please take it into consideration. Players who loved Breakout the way it was are going to feel betrayed and angry at these changes. We have paid good money for the game, and you are now potentially ruining it for them.

I can't get over how drastically you have changed it. Full shields, Motion Tracker, Shotgun start... Break was so unique with it's game play, and is the reason why the people who love it, loved it. I can't understand why it needs to feel more like the reason of Halo, you already have playlists for that.

People keep saying that Breakout was 'the least popular' playlist. I'm not sure how true that is, but when it was ranked a couple months ago, I never struggled to get a match.

I so desperately want Breakout back to how it was in June and July, Ranked. It was great, couldn't wait to play it after work each day. Recently, I've still been looking forward to playing it, but it's not been the same since it's been unranked. It was the perfect gametype. Starting with a 12 round magnum, no motion trackers, half a shield, on a symmetrical map is what made Breakout so great! The only thing left from that list is the symmetrical maps.

I've played 5 games so far. The first game, we won, my teammates just grabbed the flag on Trench and ran back. It was boring. The second 2 games started as 3 vs 4. Impossible to win for the team of 3, which wasn't the case with the old Breakout.

Pros
New maps are cool, except I preferred the darker look compared to the new lighter look.
It's ranked again.
It's featured at the top.

Cons
Completely different gametype, not fast paced, skilled game play. Not Breakout.
Terrible starting weapons
Encourages camping waiting with a shotgun
Full shields make it too similar to normal Slayer
No way of playing the old Breakout, not even unranked.
Motion trackers ruin Breakout

To sum up, I really hate it, as a Breakout only player, it's made me not want to play Halo anymore. I hope the developers can see how upset a lot of us original Breakout players are, and at a minimum let us play the old version.
Completely agree
yes, the update is ok, but this take away the entire point of Breakout. This is a new game type, not a refresh.
First off, I really don't think that radar should be enabled. If you are going to make it a shotty start then you can not have radar it encourages way to much camping. second, I think that if you were going to change it you should have kept the old breakout as well. For example, like in previous games if there was a type of slayer or arena-like gametype you would select that gametype and there would be a sub playlist where you could choose a specific type you wanted. So if you choose breakout it would take you to a sub list where it looks like this:
BREAKOUT:
- original
then I think it would be better.
next I think that a different magnum would make it more fun like the gunfighter, or the tactical
my biggest concern is that there should not be radar if there is a shotgun start there will be way to much camping and that is not good, this gametype with one life per round should be fast and quick like it was, now the clock is gonna keep running out because everyone is going to be waiting around a corner with the shotty. I just don't think radar is something that should be in this game mode
I posted this in another thread before I realized there was an official version. First impressions are not very good, and I doubt they will change for many people until players understand the new meta and the strategy changes. But I don't think anyone will get to that level of knowledge due to how steep the learning curve is and how frustrating the new meta is.

Played two matches last night and didn't really enjoy the new mechanics. 343i made a lot of weird decisions with the revamp.
  • Shotgun/magnum starts are fine and actually introduce a tactical decision; do you stay back and pick off that guy with the shotgun, or try to get close and one-shot? But this brings up the first weird decision from 343. If you have shotguns, why have radar? That incentivizes camping and radar watching, rather than map movement. Keep shotguns and drop radar, or keep radar and get rid of shotguns in favor of SMG or AR.
  • Full shields are crap in this gamemode, even more so with the changes to the flag. It's almost impossible to kill the flag carrier before they get back to their base, so pulling the flag is almost a guaranteed victory. There's no risk in doing it anymore, since you don't have to worry about where the enemy team is on the map. Do you pull the flag and bait the enemy into coming after you, or do you try and stealth it to the capture point? Doesn't matter anymore, since you just turn around and book it back to your base. I get that shotgun starts are supposed to balance the full shields, but having radar ruins that.
  • Flag changes are also crap (see above). If you have radar and full shields, get rid of the flag altogether. The whole point of adding it was to give teams a way to win if the last man was just trying to hide and get a draw. With radar, you can find them more easily and with shotguns they actually stand a chance in a 2/3-on-1 situation, so camping for the draw is disincentivized. If 343 is going to keep the flag, get rid of shields and radar, and change it back to capping in the enemy base. If you keep the shields and radar, get rid of the flag.
  • Map changes are meh. I only played on two maps and I had zero map knowledge, so I can't really comment on that.
In short, the sum of changes makes for a frustrating experience. The meta has changed from a seek-and-destroy to cap the flag as fast as possible (the first match I played was a 5-0 loss, where they capped the flag within the first minute every round. They obviously knew what to do and my team was playing by the old rules. It sucked.). This was the biggest issue with Arena Breakout (full shields and small maps made it a 30 second CTF variant). 343, you have the bones of something interesting, but you just put a bunch of weird body parts on top that don't go together or are counterproductive.
I love breakout mode, i play for about 5-6 hours a day in nothing but Breakout......FOR THE LOVE OF CORTANA DO NO PUT THE RADAR ON PLZZZZZZZZ.
the element of surprise is one of the best parts of Breakout.....bringing back the radar just turns it into slayer.
NEW TEAM SLAYER REFRESH

We have made Arena Slayer even better!
  • Everyone has an over-shield
  • Speed is increased 200%
  • Jump height is increased 500%
  • Plasma Pistol starts
Dvsjester wrote:
I love breakout mode, i play for about 5-6 hours a day in nothing but Breakout......FOR THE LOVE OF CORTANA DO NO PUT THE RADAR ON PLZZZZZZZZ.
the element of surprise is one of the best parts of Breakout.....bringing back the radar just turns it into slayer.
exactly, Breakout is supposed to have no sensor, add it back in and it just custom slayer.
The new breakout is horrible! You destroyed the very reason I enjoyed that mode in the 1st place. The motion tracker does not belong in breakout PERIOD! It takes out the element of surprise which was the fun part. Now enemies know exactly where I'm at or which direction I'm approaching from. The shotgun is horrible. You made this mode a campers DREAM. Now all someone has to do is run get the flag while the rest of the team CAMPS with shotguns to avoid the motion detection and run back home. So much has been changed it doesn't deserve to be called breakout. It should be just be a new mode altogether
I just played a few games. Breakout was my least favorite mode. Here's my thoughts.

I like the the flag playing like neutral flag and returning to your own base. Makes the mid presence a little more important.

Full shields is great.

Shotty start is not great. You just can't have shotty start in a ranked playlist IMO. Leave it social if you want the shotty, otherwise pistol ar start.

I I like this breakout better, but I was not a fan of the original mode. I think breakout players are going to hate this.
Indeed, I use to be a diamond ranked player on breakout, and yes I hate this new version, first they put it social so no more competitive gameplay, then they out it back but with this horrible new features, full shields? And shotgun?! Is beyond annoying, and the fact that we now have radars makes it worse because the other team can just stay at a corner with shotgun crouched, you wont detect him and one shot everyone breakout used to be my favorite mode cuz of how good it would get when the fireteam was complete, but now it makes no sense to pay it, if 343i is going to keep the changes, then they better change it to social again.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 57