Breakout Refresh Feedback Thread

OP Forum Team

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 55
  4. 56
  5. ...
  6. 57
However 343 decided to change it into the “Elimination” playlist we have now. It includes both breakout modes which is perfectly fine, as they are actually similar to each other. But the big mistake was the addition of Extermination.

Extermination is just about nothing like the breakout modes which is 2 of the 3 modes. If this was a social playlist that would be ok, but in a competitive playlist setting this simply does not work due to Extermination being something entirely different than the other 2 modes.

Imagine Swat and Slayer being merged into the same competitive playlist, doesn’t make much sense now does it? Well it’s the exact same kind of problem that Extermination is causing.
I don't agree with this assessment. In fact, I think Extermination is actually the best adaptation of the original elimination-based breakout mode in Halo 5 which did not include a secondary objective to help prevent camping in hopes of earning a match draw when undermanned. Nevertheless, all of these modes share a common mode trait which is team elimination and it's why they've been combined together. This is not really different from any other thematic mixed-bag playlist.
Quote:
My suggestion for a solution would be to make Extermination become it’s own playlist, whether it would be ranked or not doesn’t matter (however it plays more liked a ranked one). I know there is an issue which is keeping population from spreading too much throughout all the playlists, so if this would be a problem then simply make it a rotational playlist or remove it all together.

Making this change would in my opinion, and many of the community’s greatly improve and fix the Elimination playlist.

Hopefully my criticism came across as constructive and not rude, but this NEEDS to be changed.
A fair enough suggestion. And maybe they will act on it when resources become freed up from other priorities. I've also offered a suggestion that's different from yours, but carries some similarities. I think they should simply rotate the modes within the Elimination playlist during the season. Each week within a season essentially features one of the three modes on a continuous weekly rotation. Breakout v1 week 1, Breakout v2 week 2, Extermination week 3, repeat. That way the community that appreciates particular elimination modes could easily plan on when to heavily invest their time with the playlist given the rotation is pretty straight forward.
eLantern wrote:
However 343 decided to change it into the “Elimination” playlist we have now. It includes both breakout modes which is perfectly fine, as they are actually similar to each other. But the big mistake was the addition of Extermination.

Extermination is just about nothing like the breakout modes which is 2 of the 3 modes. If this was a social playlist that would be ok, but in a competitive playlist setting this simply does not work due to Extermination being something entirely different than the other 2 modes.

Imagine Swat and Slayer being merged into the same competitive playlist, doesn’t make much sense now does it? Well it’s the exact same kind of problem that Extermination is causing.
I don't agree with this assessment. In fact, I think Extermination is actually the best adaptation of the original elimination-based breakout mode in Halo 5 which did not include a secondary objective to help prevent camping in hopes of earning a match draw when undermanned. Nevertheless, all of these modes share a common mode trait which is team elimination which is why they've been combined together. This is not really different from any other thematic mixed-bag playlist.
Quote:
My suggestion for a solution would be to make Extermination become it’s own playlist, whether it would be ranked or not doesn’t matter (however it plays more liked a ranked one). I know there is an issue which is keeping population from spreading too much throughout all the playlists, so if this would be a problem then simply make it a rotational playlist or remove it all together.

Making this change would in my opinion, and many of the community’s greatly improve and fix the Elimination playlist.

Hopefully my criticism came across as constructive and not rude, but this NEEDS to be changed.
A fair enough suggestion. And maybe they will act on it when resources become freed up from other priorities. I've also offered a suggestion that's different from yours, but carries some similarities. I think they should simply rotate the modes within the Elimination playlist during the season. Each week within a season essentially features one of the three modes on a continuous weekly rotation. Breakout v1 week 1, Breakout v2 week 2, Extermination week 3, repeat. That way the community that appreciates particular elimination modes could easily plan on when to heavily invest their time with the playlist given the rotation is pretty straight forward.
Although I prefer my suggestion, I’d be ok with your suggestion too as a fair compromise :).
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 55
  4. 56
  5. ...
  6. 57