1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I wouldn't say it was a failure. The original version was easily my most played gametype both in the beta and the full game. The purpose of it was too be something new. It was. I think 343 was hoping it would get adopted by e sports but it didn't. They say that it had a low population but why does that mean it needed to be removed? I remember playing doubles on reach with around 20 people in the playlist. Match times might have been a bit long but we still got good games and had fun. I'm not sure why 343 feels the need to shoehorn the population into a handful of playlists. OG breakout could still easily exist. Keep the new breakout too for all I care. The change was made when the game was over a year old. At that point you're not going to get more people playing the game by changing a playlist.

Sorry for going on another breakout rant. Haha.
Alright so I decided to give break out a try to get a good rank, First and only breakout match I did, My team lost perfectly, it was a perfect loss. We didn't even get single kill or point. They either took the flag and scored or took the flag but eliminated us before they even scored, AND THEY ONLY HAD A 3 MAN TEAM. NO POINTS OR KILLS FOR ME OR US.
I completely loved Breakout before the new update. It was my favorite mode in both the beta and the launch of the game. But then 343I added all the new features changed the maps and suddenly it wasn't as much fun as it used to be. I hope that 343I goes back to how Breakout use to be. It was very competitive and made your heart pump rapidly.
I liked the halo 5 smg but now that they took it out it’s just meh. 343i should just add every song gamemode in optional free dlc so that if your hard drive can take it you get more choices. I got a 4 terabyte external
Breakout is a pretty sweet game mode. Strategy comes into play as you get one life per round and weapons rest each round
Alright so I decided to give break out a try to get a good rank, First and only breakout match I did, My team lost perfectly, it was a perfect loss. We didn't even get single kill or point. They either took the flag and scored or took the flag but eliminated us before they even scored, AND THEY ONLY HAD A 3 MAN TEAM. NO POINTS OR KILLS FOR ME OR US.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not modify posts that have been edited by a moderator.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Personally I think breakout was better when it first came out. Though I can understand why people like new version. But all they had to do was make two separate gametypes 1 with Neutral Bomb and the other with Neutral Flag.
But with the new version it would have been nice to have that feature that was in the campaign when you took to much damage you went down and your teammate would have to come over and pick you up before you die. If they would've added that to the new breakout it would have been fun having a Gears of War gametype in Halo with reimagine gears of war maps but in a Halo style type of way.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2