1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
No explanation required. We've all spent money to play these maps and would like to see them in matchmaking. I've never really been disappointed in bungie before in my life. But this is just ridiculous. 343 you guys need to help us out, the community screams for better chances to see these maps. You should have never removed the playlist.

An alternative would be to create a preference in the network settings to only search for users with dlc. Please get something done in the near future.

Hope you are listening.

Thanks for your time
Quote:
No explanation required. We've all spent money to play these maps and would like to see them in matchmaking. I've never really been disappointed in bungie before in my life. But this is just ridiculous. 343 you guys need to help us out, the community screams for better chances to see these maps. You should have never removed the playlist.

An alternative would be to create a preference in the network settings to only search for users with dlc. Please get something done in the near future.

Hope you are listening.

Thanks for your time
There has been multiple attempts at a permanent DLC playlists and every time, it becomes one of the least populated playlists in Halo 4.

I understand the need to play maps you've paid for, but when that playlist is normally hogging a spot which could be used for something a lot more players prefer, then you're usually outnumbered.

Many have suggested that for future titles, that they include a DLC search option and hopefully bring back the Search options that you mentioned. At this point in Halo 4's life, it is unlikely they will overhaul the UI to add it.
Yap bring it back I miss Vertigo :(
Quote:
Quote:

Hope you are listening.

Thanks for your time
There has been multiple attempts at a permanent DLC playlists and every time, it becomes one of the least populated playlists in Halo 4.

I understand the need to play maps you've paid for, but when that playlist is normally hogging a spot which could be used for something a lot more players prefer, then you're usually outnumbered.

Many have suggested that for future titles, that they include a DLC search option and hopefully bring back the Search options that you mentioned. At this point in Halo 4's life, it is unlikely they will overhaul the UI to add it.
When will people like you learn?

DLC playlists aren't heavily populated, so we shouldn't have them AT ALL?

It's not about having a playlist that draws 1000 people. It's not about having a playlist that competes for another's playerbase.

It's about giving people the ability to play what THEY PAYED FOR. Even if the playlist hosts a crowd of 100, it gives people the opportunity to directly play their maps they otherwise never get to play or play once every 50 - 100 games.

It's about offering a 100% guarantee DLC matchup.

It's about supporting your choice to buy the limited edition or season pass.

The rarity of finding DLC maps in standard playlists is a function of time and will continue to get worse. A DLC only playlist is the only solution.

Been off the forums for 3-4 months and I can't believe we are still here.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hope you are listening.

Thanks for your time

It's not about having a playlist that draws 1000 people. It's not about having a playlist that competes for another's playerbase.

It's about giving people the ability to play what THEY PAYED FOR. Even if the playlist hosts a crowd of 100, it gives people the opportunity to directly play their maps they otherwise never get to play or play once every 50 - 100 games.

The rarity of finding DLC maps in standard playlists is a function of time and will continue to get worse. A DLC only playlist is the only solution.

Ease up man, I'm giving you the reasoning why a DLC playlist isn't happening. You were NEVER promised a DLC playlist with your purchase, you were simply promised the option to play that content, whether that is Customs, Forge or Matchmaking from time to time.

The bottom line is, Halo 4 has 15k peak per day, the last thing they need to be doing is adding more underpopulated playlists - like a DLC playlist. It failed in Halo: Reach, it failed in Halo 4 and it will fail again.

If you want a permanent DLC playlist, tell all the DLC owners to start being active the next time one is rotational and if it's popular enough (like Heavies) then it will be made permanent.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hope you are listening.

Thanks for your time

You said it perfectly. I think 343 just doesn't care and would rather piss away hard work and unique art, all in the name of the incredible pride of having playlist numbers (not overall player numbers, mind) meet some arbitrary number.

No other game I have ever played has simply flushed the DLC down the toilet.
I strongly agree.

What is needed now is, very obviously, a DLC playlist.

Either add a DLC playlist or make DLC mandatory in certain playlists. Make the DLC free if necessary.

At least Reach has the Anniversary playlist, which is always popular, although it still leaves the desperate need for Defiant maps in matchmaking.
It's actually borderline scandalous you can pay good money for content with virtually zero chance of playing it for its intended purpose - online matchmaking.

If 343 have no intention of enabling a DLC playlist, why not do the decent thing and remove them from the store so they can't be purchased?

Would save an awful lot of disappointment. Their hardly cheap either, arguably premium content.

(For the record I know cbjoe personally. Actually spent a weekend at his place a week or so back. 3xboxes, 4 players. We PAID for one member to get the maps as he did not have them & played best part of 12 hours straight and not once did a DLC map come up. Fleeced? Certainly felt like it.)
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hope you are listening.

Thanks for your time

Ease up man, I'm giving you the reasoning why a DLC playlist isn't happening. You were NEVER promised a DLC playlist with your purchase, you were simply promised the option to play that content, whether that is Customs, Forge or Matchmaking from time to time.

The bottom line is, Halo 4 has 15k peak per day, the last thing they need to be doing is adding more underpopulated playlists - like a DLC playlist. It failed in Halo: Reach, it failed in Halo 4 and it will fail again.

If you want a permanent DLC playlist, tell all the DLC owners to start being active the next time one is rotational and if it's popular enough (like Heavies) then it will be made permanent.
Are you implying that I said we were promised a DLC playlist? You'll have a hard time backing that one.

If you cannot understand the disappointment in the state of H4's DLC, past and present, this thread is not for you.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hope you are listening.

Thanks for your time

DLC is a nice thing to have on a playlist, yes. But, is it the end of the world when it isn't there? No. It will return again, and if you want it to STAY there, you need to show that enthusiasm for the playlist by getting friends and others to play it with you and show how much you wish for it to stay.

Whether you like it or not, statistics are ways to see how popular things are, how alive they are and see player count in a playlist that either results in it being replaced with a playlist that more people enjoy over the said DLC, or staying for it's modest or high amount of population.

As for your harsh and outright disrespectful tone towards others on the thread, try to keep it down. Just because you are frustrated doesn't mean you should go around generalizing people and snapping on them for putting in honest feedback.
I'd just like the champions pack playlist back so I can get Ricochet related achievements
Well at least with Halo Chief Collection everyone will have all the maps.
the problem then will be can we just play the game and map i want to.
i think they should just pair up people who have the same maps. or make dlc required for more popular playlists.

this seriously should be a problem, Halo 3 never seemed to have this problem.
Edited by Moderator - Please do not bump/necropost threads.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
"Low population" is such a poor reason to not include DLC playlists. There is absolutely no downside to adding another playlist whether it has 10, 100, or 1000 players. It literally hurts no one to have the option to play the game the way you want to play it and to use the content that you paid real world money for.
Quote:
You said it perfectly. I think 343 just doesn't care and would rather piss away hard work and unique art, all in the name of the incredible pride of having playlist numbers (not overall player numbers, mind) meet some arbitrary number.

Absolutely this. What a waste of money that GOTY edition purchase was.
I agree I am now coming back to Halo 4 after the announcement of HaloMCC. I wish to play the new maps and to get whatever dlc achievement I still need. I have a ritual in Halo games, I finish all the achievements before the next game comes out.

Please 343 add dlc playlist.

PS I will hunt all the 4000G :D

this ^^^
If I go to the Play Store and find a game I want to pay to download, but the reviews tell me I can only play it if X-number of people are playing it (except for maybe 2 weeks a couple of months later), and no one is downloading it because not enough other people are buying it, I'd probably just skip it.

Sound familiar?

If hadn't already bought all the DLC, I certainly wouldn't have been woo'd to do so for just 2 weeks .. and I'm assuming a lot of people feel the same. However, if there was a permanent playlist, I bet more people would be inclined to buy them. Of course, it's a little late in the life-cycle of the game for any sweeping changes. Just wish I had some foresight earlier on.
I just posted something similar about Reach. If the DLC is so unpopular that 343 can't be bothered to make a playlist for it, then why don't they make it free? If its this unpopular they aren't making money with it anyway. It's completely criminal that they can charge me for a season pass to own unplayable content. And to those who say that we should be rounding up people to play Dlc lists to keep them around, are you kidding? I did my part to support the game when I PAYED for it, I did my part to support the DLC when I PAYED for it.
Same here I got the crimson DLC map pack and then they took that playlist off so I got the majestic one same thing happened. All they have to do is just add them back all of them its stored in there data base.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2