Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

Community Doubles Map Feedback

OP Blaze Lightcap

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
With the new Community Doubles rotational playlist, we are vetting maps for potential implementation into the ranked refresh sometime down the line. With that in mind, the forgers would like your feedback! Positive or negative, please let us know what you think of the new maps and provide feedback that may help the creators improve upon their designs! Be as detailed and constructive as possible, share clips and experiences, and discuss your feelings with others so that we can nail the quality of the playlist as a whole!

Chasm | Sgt x Slaphead & Karby
Map: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=sgt%20x%20slaphead#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_Sgt%20x%20Slaphead_688432c8-b039-44bf-b075-27978d4fcbe6
Chasm

Cybercide | Whos Blaze & Ascend Hyperion
Map: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=Ascend%20Hyperion#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_Ascend%20Hyperion_8de6cc0f-66a1-4374-a1c7-dfa147e392a3
Cybercide

Flux | CommanderColson
Map: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=Modified&page=1&gamertag=CommanderColson#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_CommanderColson_7ae0769a-1b35-4c8a-b3b0-2f78d352ee5f
Flux

Hazard | II Sethiroth II
Map: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=II%20Sethiroth%20II#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_II%20Sethiroth%20II_ab6b69f0-978b-4c84-89a2-f052a1138f1e
Hazard

Highguard | Given To Fly 93
Map: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=Given%20To%20Fly%2093#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_Given%20To%20Fly%2093_ef606f99-de7b-450f-a24a-1928a935d833
Highguard

Monarch | Minister Muffin
Map: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=Modified&page=1&gamertag=Minister%20Muffin#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_Minister%20Muffin_fe2ded96-c997-47fd-8d2d-f28333ec23c1
Monarch

Nemesis | Warh0lic
Map: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=WARH0LIC#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_WARH0LIC_3151e764-d6b9-4abf-b071-8a92e989bf04
Nemesis

These walls | The xZamplez, CertifiedChamp & Yeti for Hire
Map: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=the%20xzamplez#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_The%20Xzamplez_8683ec4a-5478-4775-885f-426665ce4163
These Walls

Veil | Canadian Echo & Weed Cough
Map: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=xCANADIAN%20ECHOx#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_xCANADIAN%20ECHOx_f1407561-8809-490f-8fb9-bbe886d4069c
Veil

And maps adapted from Community Slayer
Data Center | Erk x15
Map: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=Erk%20x15#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_Erk%20x15_7b019edd-bc31-4b10-9284-8458bc1f8117
Data Center

Analogue | Whos Blaze & The 0micron
Map: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=The%200micron#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_The%200micron_20461ff8-c1cc-4c68-b978-ed2bf215c085
Analogue

See the whole announcement here.

Thanks everyone! Hope you enjoy the playlist!
Please keep it to map feedback for these maps only. There is a separate thread dedicated to gametype and on disk maps separate from this where you can discuss those topics. Link below.

Double Refresh Feedback Thread
I hope to be able to provide some feedback on the listed maps above in the coming weeks, but just wanted to ask whether the maps I'll list below received consideration for implementation too?

Aquarium
Shurima
Illadris
Elixir
Zarathustra's Eulogy
High Garden
Aerocrest
Purple Reign
Old Salt
Oblivion
Arcanum
Storm Peaks
Bloodlet Throne
Bleak
Outcast
Roshov

Also, you should pin your thread.
Yep, absolutely. I've actually played most of these a handful of times in the past and during our tests for this playlist. These and many others were considered and then refined down to the current line up.
Please keep it to map feedback for these maps only. There is a separate thread dedicated to gametype and on disk maps separate from this where you can discuss those topics. Link below.

Double Refresh Feedback Thread
Please Drop Monarch. It's boring. too much of a wait game. Not enough Weapon Drops. Run out of ammo to fast. damage booster not worth it. as well as the other power weapon.
Can not wait to play these maps and will be posting my feedback on them when I did.
So these are just my initial opionions and running around in the maps/playing a few of them in the playlist.

Also the versions you linked are different than the playlist versions so that is annoying.

Finally these are supposed to go into ranked doubles I believe so my feedback is based on the competitiveness of the maps

Chasm: Play terribly for ranked doubles. With no midmap control possible this maps just leads to boring window fights or attempts to flank using the teleporters. Should not be in ranked doubles. The weapons for the custom game version are fine though.

Cybercide: One if my favorites to look at and play. Weapons are fine for the custom game version. The only issue I have is that the down low spawns can be a bit too disadvantageous since it's so easy to traverse the whole map and spawn kill.

Flux: personally I really don't like this map for a ranked doubles. It's too small and the lines of sight too constricted. Damage boost shouldn't ever be in competitive doubles either. Either use OS and add a combo or camo. Also the "blue" building can have some really bad spawns where the enemy spawns just around a corner since I can't technically see them and my teammate is mid map. This is caused because the map is so tiny horizontally.

Hazard: it's been in doubles playlists before and is fun to play at a high level even. Weapons placements (for the custom games version) are good especially since the caster isnt OP anymore. Should be included in the doubles refresh.

Highguard: please don't put this in doubles. Not only is it too big with clustered lines of sight but the current matchmaking weapon set (camo and os) have terrible placements. The whole map just surrounds controlling the camo side while putting pot shots hoping enemies poke out. The only time it's useful to push is to get OS and you have an advantage of getting there from the camo side of the map. Too many "hallways" that break the map up too much like riptide.

Monarch: This map might be okay. Custom game weapons are bad since it has damage boost. Open lines of sight with good cover which is good. The only issue is that the map is a little big for 2v2 and I always spawn in the same two or three places for the custom game version which is bad. We were able to spawn kill without blocking too much besides being in the middle of the map.

Nemesis: whoever decided incineration Cannon and binary rifles was a good idea doesn't play ranked H5. Please don't allow those weapons to be in the ranked version. Not only is there too much ammo in the snipers but the incineration Cannon in unavoidable when a good player has it. This map feels like a 4v4 map submission that no one tweaked to make 2v2 besides making the cannon only have 2 charged shots. Keep OS and put just one power weapon where the cannon is. Put the lightrifle where the binarys are if you want to keep a long range engagement.

These walls: custom game weapons are a joke. The map plays differently than most which is interesting. I found that the bottom wooden ramp spawn is a bit too easy to predict and prenade any time you kill an enemy in the custom game version. My main worry is that the map feels very closed off but the various windows help traversing with height advantage.

Veil: Map works out quite well imo. The custom game version has a 1 minute OS cycle which needs to be changed but OS and rockets are fine. Lots of height variability and the map feels like it's maps for doubles.

I like both data center and analogue for community slayer. I would say that having 2 snipers on analogue is a bad idea for doubles.
QX wrote:
Damage boost shouldn't ever be in competitive doubles either. Either use OS and add a combo or camo.
Just curious as to why?

I don't think Active Camo should be in Doubles regardless to ranked or not. In my opinion, it's just too much of an advantage in that setting.

I think Overshield is okay (I guess) as long as there are plasma weaponry on the map to help counter it.

I don't personally have an issue with Damage Boost being in Doubles as long as the map's weapons are chosen accordingly. I say this because this Power-Up simply allows any weapon to gain some "power" status (or more of a power status) for a period of time. It doesn't grant any additional advantages to the player beyond weapon lethality and if the weapons choices were mindful of the damage boost they'd receive the advantage gained can be managed appropriately as a key feature of the map/mode.

In all honesty, I think the Speed Boost is the ideal Doubles Power-Up. It only really grants a mobility advantage which if used properly plays into Halo 5's skill-gap meta.
eLantern wrote:
QX wrote:
Damage boost shouldn't ever be in competitive doubles either. Either use OS and add a combo or camo.
Just curious as to why?

I don't think Active Camo should be in Doubles regardless to ranked or not. In my opinion, it's just too much of an advantage in that setting.

I think Overshield is okay (I guess) as long as there are plasma weaponry on the map to help counter it.

I don't personally have an issue with Damage Boost being in Doubles as long as the map's weapons are chosen accordingly. I say this because this Power-Up simply allows any weapon to gain some "power" status (or more of a power status) for a period of time. It doesn't grant any additional advantages to the player beyond weapon lethality and if the weapons are mindful of the damage boost they'd receive the advantage gained can be managed appropriately as a key feature of the map/mode.

In all honesty, I think the Speed Boost is the ideal Doubles Power-Up. It only really grants a mobility advantage which if used properly plays into Halo 5's skill-gap meta.
I guess my main issue with both damage boost and speed boosts is they are just direct upgrades with no counters.

OS has a static amount of overshield so you can't use it for a 45 second duration and maps that have it should have a combo imo. This causes players to control both weapons while probably sacrificing some map control to get it.

Camo gives the player invisibility which is very strong but good players can hear/see camo with relative ease considering the map is quiet in 2v2s. Also anytime you do anything with your camo you show up on radar and become visible. Basically camo had relatively skillful counters while OS has a low skill counter but isnt considerably OP since it only is an extra shield.

My issue with damage boost is that it has no counter. It also gives a big buff to auto damage. It also colors blue Spartans red which can give blue team a very slight advantage. So while it's easy to kill a damage boost player is has no down side that can negate it's effect.

Speed boost has the same issue of coloring red Spartans blue/purplish. Other than that speed boost has the same issue of having no downside when using it and it makes evading from bad plays easier which I dislike in ranked matches. But my main reason for not including speed boost is that I'd rather just have a power weapon instead. Imo a weapon would make the map more interesting and fun to play versus having to time a power up that I don't really care about.

Edit: I personally dislike powerups for doubles in general. I think that is just because it causes 50% of the team to have a large advantage with only 2 players on the enemy to counter it. Especially maps with 2 power ups (looking at you empire)
QX wrote:
I personally dislike power-ups for doubles in general. I think that is just because it causes 50% of the team to have a large advantage with only 2 players on the enemy to counter it. Especially maps with 2 power ups (looking at you empire)
Thanks for breaking down your reasons. I understand the coloring aspect concerns regarding the two boosts. Oh, and this^ statement I absolutely agree with. I'm also not really a fan of Power-Ups in Doubles.
eLantern wrote:
QX wrote:
I personally dislike power-ups for doubles in general. I think that is just because it causes 50% of the team to have a large advantage with only 2 players on the enemy to counter it. Especially maps with 2 power ups (looking at you empire)
Thanks for breaking down your reasons. I understand the coloring aspect concerns regarding the two boosts. Oh, and this^ statement I absolutely agree with. I'm also not really a fan of Power-Ups in Doubles.
I personally disagree about some powerups. I think a damage boost and a light Overshield can work really well in doubles, however Active camo shouldn't be anywhere near doubles. It slows down the pace of the fight, and practically lets one player become a spectator for limited time as they can just get the jump on anyone. I prefer camo for btb rather than something as fast paced as doubles
I love this and can't wait to play them when I get a chance.

I just hope this playlist stays up for a while because Nov and Dec are really busy times for people.

I will puts thoughts up whenever I get a chance to play them.
I played some of the maps last night and have mixed feelings about them. Some of them really felt like Call of Duty maps, with tight corners and small sightlines, and I'm not really sure how I feel about those. My feedback per map:

- Chasm: Did not play yet
- Cybercide: This map felt fun to play! At first I was somewhat confused with the setup and was not sure where to maneuver, but in the end I quite enjoyed this map.
- Flux: Did not play yet
- Hazard: Did not enjoy this map to be honest. Many clamber issues and feels weird to have a sniper as power weapon when there are only really small rooms. Had difficulty in trying to figure out where I was on the map.
- Highguard: Did not play yet
- Monarch: Did not play yet
- Nemesis: Did not play yet
- These Walls: I liked the height differences in this map. Did not like the instant spawn next to the overshield...
- Veil: Feels like a decent doubles map! Opponents quit after 1 minute but the map was beautiful and it felt like a good doubles map in size etc.
- Data Center: Map plays okay, but there are some platforms you can jump on that just feels kinda random. All battles kinda feel the same due to areas that look similar. The only place that stands out is the somewhat more open area on the photo.
- Analogue: It is an ok map, just doesn't feel right for doubles.

I tried to find more games to play more of the maps but sadly not many people are playing the playlist it seems. Will edit once I played the other maps.
Cybercide: Spawns need to be moved up high, found myself spawning in peoples reticles more than once. Scattershot needs to be up more often but with less often, five max.
These Walls: Enjoyed the way it plays again scattershot needs to be up more often.
Chasm: not a fan of the map simply because the casters discourages fast pushes on people and basically turn into people either spamming rounds to stop rushes or shooting window to window.
Analogue: like the idea of a two sniper map but the ammo count in each should only be 4 rounds.
Veil: Enjoyed the way it plays but the overshield needs to be on a two minute spawn and it should be railgun or nade launcher instead of rockets
Data Center: This map plays very weird especially with two different rockets. I get the whole trying to be different thing that the forger was going for but for any map in ranked play to have two rockets is just offensive.
High Guard: Liked the way this one played but the over shield seemed a but useless and everyone seems to prioritize camo over the overshield. I like how power ups are a bit farther off spawn and harder to get to. However the over shield is almost pointless to go for as there are so many weapons on the map that can drain it especially when team shot. Brute rifle, Sentinel Beam, Lightrifle, and think theres a suppressor too. Also camo is great for taking down ovie. So remove ovie and force everyone to play for camo instead.
Nemesis and Monarch shouldn't even be in ranked simply based off of spawns and power weapons.
Hazard: Love the way this map plays and even at a high level is probably the best map out the entire playlist. Probably better than Molten.
Timmehhz wrote:
I played some of the maps last night and have mixed feelings about them. Some of them really felt like Call of Duty maps, with tight corners and small sightlines, and I'm not really sure how I feel about those. My feedback per map:

- Chasm: Did not play yet- Cybercide: This map felt fun to play! At first I was somewhat confused with the setup and was not sure where to maneuver, but in the end I quite enjoyed this map.
- Flux: Did not play yet- Hazard: Did not enjoy this map to be honest. Many clamber issues and feels weird to have a sniper as power weapon when there are only really small rooms. Had difficulty in trying to figure out where I was on the map.
- Highguard: Did not play yet- Monarch: Did not play yet- Nemesis: Did not play yet
- These Walls: I liked the height differences in this map. Did not like the instant spawn next to the overshield...
- Veil: Feels like a decent doubles map! Opponents quit after 1 minute but the map was beautiful and it felt like a good doubles map in size etc.
- Data Center: Map plays okay, but there are some platforms you can jump on that just feels kinda random. All battles kinda feel the same due to areas that look similar. The only place that stands out is the somewhat more open area on the photo.
- Analogue: It is an ok map, just doesn't feel right for doubles.

I tried to find more games to play more of the maps but sadly not many people are playing the playlist it seems. Will edit once I played the other maps.
Feel like some of your issues with maps could be resolved by getting more play time and learning the maps. My partner and I have grinded this playlist the last three days and have gotten a decent amount of games on each map. I would wait to render on opinion until you have had a few matches on each map.
EARLY THOUGHTS:
  • Chasm - |||| (4 MMing plays thus far)

I like how different this map feels compared to most Halo 5 Doubles maps. I think it plays quite well and the weapons on the map seem very appropriate despite some initial concern regarding the Plasma Casters. I love the throwback CE-styled theme and mild Boarding Action feel. Originally, I was also concerned with the two-way teleporter being misused competitively, but I have not experienced that with the competition I've faced thus far. However, that could also be influenced by the fact that I doubt I've faced Onyx level opponents. And by the fact that there's some long-sight lines looking at each teleporter and boosts which can be used to reach each side of the map without it. I believe this could be a good candidate for the Doubles refresh.

• Cybercide - | (1 MMing play thus far)

One match isn't much to form an opinion on so I hope to get more matches in the future to consolidate a more thorough thought. I can say I liked the verticality of the map's design and I didn't mind the theme. I like how the vertical design lends itself to a type of KotH game-play without the objective mode itself. However, I would suggest that the Scattershot be moved to the bottom level of the map as a tool that can't easily be obtained by those up-top without fully sacrificing the high ground. I recall there's also a Plasma Rifle on the map and I imagine it's spawn location is important to the map's balance, but I don't know where it's located exactly as I picked it up off of a dead body.

• Flux - ||| (3 MMing plays thus far)

I don't think it's ideal for 2v2 game-play as spawns feel on top of each other. It probably works best as a 1v1 map. I really love the atmosphere/theme and the layout is... different which makes it quite interesting. I don't think the power-up is necessary; in fact, the Damage Boost spawn location is where I feel the Hydra Launcher should be positioned as the map's lone power weapon. Also, consider switching to all UNSC weapons on the map for the theme. Replace the Light Rifle with a Tactical Magnum. Replace the Carbine (within Red Team's initial spawn area) with a Long-Barrel [Recon] Battle Rifle. Place a second Long-Barrel [Recon] Battle Rifle near where the SMG (within Blue Team's initial spawn area) previously spawned. Move the Long-Barrel SMG so it's in front of the lift where the Hydra Launcher previously spawned. Replace any non-Fragmentation Grenades with Frag 'Nades.

• Hazard - || (2 MMing plays thus far)

I love the incredible detail and theme within this room-based map. With that said, I would like to see a small box (or two) added to the hallway (that's near the Sniper spawn) just under the ventilation opening in the ceiling in order to help allow players who can't capably stabilize-crouch-clamber or spring jump be able to reach that particular pathway. It is possible to traverse right? If the small boxes get moved by explosives or by the players themselves as to prevent reliable reach of the ceiling opening I see that as being a strategic element of the map. I also wonder if it'd be better to have no power-up on the map or if the Active Camo should be swapped with an Overshield. One scenario would be to relocate the Sniper Rifle to where the Plasma Caster spawns in the middle of the map while possibly moving the Caster to the Snip's spawn location and adding a Grenade Launcher where the power-up use to be. Another thought would be to once again relocate the Sniper to where the Caster spawns, but in the Snip's previous spawn location add a Plasma Pistol while dropping the Caster from the map. Then replace the Active Camo with an Overshield.

• Highguard - || (2 MMing plays thus far)

This is a fantastic looking map with some really neat designed areas that I can appreciate being able to experience within matchmaking. Now, I'm not a huge fan of power-ups in a doubles match and this one has two, but it kind of works with this particular map. The Camo is the better of the two. Maybe it'd be better without the power-ups? This map does offer plenty of catwalk style game-play which is somewhat nice.

• Monarch - | (1 MMing play thus far)

I really like this map's layout and the fact that it has some actual openness in certain areas. Yet, the spawns seemed a bit wonky at times. Opponents appeared to be spawning right behind or beside my location (at times) after just winning a battle. Outside of possibly re-looking at some of the spawn influences; perhaps, consider replacing the Damage Boost with a Promethean REQ weapon with limited ammo such as the Dying Star or perhaps the Song of Peace or Closed Fist. I'm kind of thinking the Dying Star may be the best option in that location of the map... maybe.

• Nemesis - ||||| (5 MMing plays thus far)

I thought that the amount of Power Weapons might be a problem, but having two Binary Rifles with limited ammo in each hasn't really been too bad. The Incineration Cannon kind of works, but pick between it & the OS. If you're going to have both perhaps move OS a little bit further away from the Incineration Cannon on that lower bridge instead of right in the middle or across up top. Overall, I found this map to be quite solid.

• These Walls - ||| (3 MMing plays thus far)

I thought this map played well and I liked its design as well as its theme. Again, not sure if the OS is necessary, but with the Plasma Rifle there's at least a counter to it. I look forward to playing it more to see if my initial opinions change any.

• Veil - || (2 MMing play thus far)

Veil is a bit dark, lighting wise, but it's a very good looking map otherwise. And I think its layout is pretty well thought-out; except, if the OS is to remain on the map I'd like to see it get a 2 or 3 minute timer. Then place a Brute Plasma Rifle in front of the green wall teleporter and remove the SMG. I think the Brute Plasma Rifle would be better for countering the OS. Maybe my thoughts will alter a bit as I gain more experience with it.

• Data Center - |||||| (6 MMing plays thus far)

The forging on this map is pretty awesome. Having played this map plenty of times prior within 4v4 settings I have to say that I always thought it'd be better off as a Doubles map, so I was excited to play it here. I wasn't sure having two different types of Rocket Launchers on this map was a good idea, but after playing it a few times I feel it actually plays fairly well with them; however, I do still wonder if it'd play even better with a Grenade Launcher and something else replacing the two Rocket Launchers. Perhaps a Scattershot or Plasma Caster with the Grenade Launcher? I don't know... it's a thought. I do very much like that there's no power-ups on this map.

• Analogue - || (2 MMing plays thus far)

This was a map that I was disappointed wasn't included in the refreshes for the Slayer & SWAT playlists, so I'm fairly happy that it may get an opportunity to become a ranked doubles playlist map but... does it make for a good doubles map given how well it plays 4v4? I wasn't sure if a Sniper Rifle spawning in each base while an OS and a Plasma Rifle spawn mid-map would be ideal for doubles, but thus far my experience has been that it plays pretty well. While I think there's potential for a snow-ball effect to occur with this set-up I think it helps that the map is big enough to make snow-balling a bit difficult.
QUESTION:
  1. Have you weighted the maps?
Me and my buddy only manage to find 1 game in almost an hour. We are both in EST zone and we started around 9pm. Is population just low or was something up or what?

I'd like to play these maps but so far I can't lol
Me and my buddy only manage to find 1 game in almost an hour. We are both in EST zone and we started around 9pm. Is population just low or was something up or what?

I'd like to play these maps but do far I can't lol
I had several timed out searches too and at various search times. Late Wednesday night, Friday morning and afternoon, super-late Sunday night/super-early Monday morning. All CST. Just kept searching and eventually I’d find a match. Sometimes it seemed as if I’d average 1 match per hour. I think people are simply very diversified right now. With Black Friday deals people are trying out some games they got on sale. Not to mention, the work that's been done on the MCC draws its fair share of the Halo fan-base too.
First, i'm glad to see this playlist live and I hope we see more of this content in the future. But most of the pool need some serious tweaks and some shouldn't be in there at all. I've played the maps a bunch of times (and many times before the playlist) and i'm going to approach this from a design standpoint.

Hazard
The Good: The design makes sense and is clean enough to manuever and small enough to flank
The Bad: Has some bad spawns by elevator, and with radar everyone just crouches near camo and sniper. There are ways to approach it and break the campy setups but radar diminishes that.
Solution: Fix spawns and possibly relocate or change pickups (camo in 2v2 is never fun) and I wouldn't mind a redesign to the high vent to weaken it.

Flux
The Good: Unorthodox layout and killer art
The Bad: Every fight on this map is a cqb battle and then grenade a doorway, then hope you don't spawn in the back room that is easy to get in and hard to get out. Fusion coils don't solve anyting. In fact i've managed to blow myself up by firing a hydra near one more than i have using them offensively.
Solution: Layout needs a redesign to fix spawning issue.

Cybercide
The Good: I get to abuse the scattershot.
The Bad: There's only one way to get to top mid with any decent cover. The spawns on the bottom are also easy to trap and other people get to abuse the scattershot. Also it's visually noisy.
Solution: Redesign top mid and top green to be less corner campy, or redesign the way the routes lead to them, lower scattershot ammo and remove bottom spawns. And desaturate lighting.

Veiled
The Good: It looks nice and has decent verticality
The Bad: Not enough safe spawns, so once you get the lead you pretty much fly across the top team shooting the respawning team. You can block all of the spawns and force them into the green corner of their base; then it's just a matter of placing a grenade and snowballing from there.
Solution: The top areas have too much floorspace and the sides don't have enough. Either more needs to be added back there or travel times/sightlines ought to be adjusted so you can't move around as quick. It's too easy to get to the other spawns on the map.

These Walls.
The Good: The art is pretty cool
The Bad: The more I play it the less I like it. It's a top heavy design with abusable spawns. if a team is anywhere on the high side of the map, the other team tends to spawn by stained glass and then they have no way to approach the other side that doesn't put them at a disadvantage. Your back is always to the players on the high side when you move vertically, and all of the lifts are easily watchable from that same upper path. And it's not even that hard to execute that.
Solution: I think it could be really solid with some minor changes to weaken the top area somehow (direct or indirect).

Nemesis
The Good: The turrets--- oh wait
The Bad: YOU REPLACED THEM WITH FULL AMMO BINARY RIFLES! The map has virtually no real cover and now there are two snipers on it. So now what usually happens is people getting trapped in the deep corners and not being able to do much without leaping across a deathpit or walking into a binary rifle.
Solution: It really doesn't belong in 2v2 but nerfing the snipers would be a good start.

Chasm
The Good: It's star wars i guess
The Bad: The novelty wore off pretty quick because it's not a 2v2 map at all. All you do is sit high lift and camp the teleporter or back ramp with plasma caster. There's literally no way to approach you and you can run away easily. Cross mapping is barely a thing because there are no sightlines to help your teammate when they're sitting in those back hallways, and there are corners everywhere to watch all the ways across. To make matters worse, there are SHIELD DOORS to slow down the fights even more.
Solution: Cut it like Darth Maul.

Monarch
The Good: Probably my favorite map to play in the playlist because it has some decent sightlines and vertical engagements
The Bad: It's an ooooold map that was passed up when it released because the geometry is sloppy. The spawns are also easy to nade and in my games the combat revolves around the damage boost tower.
Solution: Design needs to be streamlined to make it simpler and the outer boundaries in particular could be cleaned up.

High Guard
The Good: It looks nice and has intricate pathing
The Bad: Maybe too intriciate. The jumps are all awkward to move around and the sightlines are even moreso. The map seems to come down to waiting for powerups to spawn and then making an unnatural push across the map, only to hole up behind a wall somewhere and then wait again.
Solution: I've personally seen other versions of the map that were more streamlined and the current version has always felt cumbersome to navigate. Making jumps easier would mitigate that by cleaning up rock jumps and adding small lifts in a few places (brute plasma to top camo should be a lift)

Analogue
The Good: I always get overshield
The Bad: This is an objective map and it shouldn't be in 2v2. it's flat and oversegmented and there are too many corners to duck behind and run away. Or worse, grab sniper and just watch all the spawns across the map.
Solution: Just remove it.

Data Center
The Good: the holograms are cool
The Bad: This map was never anything more than a one dimensional running and crouching behind the next wall arena, but now it has TWO rockets on it! That makes camping red corner that much more fun.
Solution: I just don't think it's a good map. There's nothing to the design beyond random walls, ledges, and doors and nothing short of a complete redesign would address that.

GLOBAL
Everyone needs to add sound effects to their maps (or more if they have any already). I don't walk normally most of the time and just listen for footsteps for someone to come around behind a wall. There's not much that can be done about loud footsteps, but most of the maps are stark quiet and you can hear someone moving or spawning on the other side. This is especially bothersome with how one dimensional most of them are. Monarch plays the best because it doesnt let you reliably sound whore or camp behind corners.
I want to give feedback on these maps, however it takes 10+ minutes to find a match when I play at good times also! (I thought in social there is no skill gap?)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2