Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

Core Doubles Should be Kept in Ranked Playlist

OP ClammChowder

The October 2019 update to ranked doubles (HCS) is fine as an additional option for a 2v2 game mode. However, the core Halo 5 doubles was an incredibly popular game mode and the majority of the people I play with have lost interest in the game due to the removal of that list.

Core doubles should be added back in as an option.
It's not that popular.
Also, it goes both ways, the majority of people I play with now gained interest in the playlist.
One last thing, after the last Doubles update, the playlist turned to garbage!
D M4N8 wrote:
It's not that popular.
Also, it goes both ways, the majority of people I play with now gained interest in the playlist.
The majority people I play with are now not interested in doubles, so yes it does go both ways. Now will this playlist be more popular than the other doubles playlist? Hard to say, my guess is it will be close but the other playlist will probably be more popular as more people like radar, variety of weapons, spartan abilities and so on in Halo 5 then don't.

Also, the last doubles update was definitely not garbage. That's just your opinion. Are there some things I don't like? sure, but overall It's much better than it was before in my opinion.
The October 2019 update to ranked doubles (HCS) is fine as an additional option for a 2v2 game mode. However, the core Halo 5 doubles was an incredibly popular game mode and the majority of the people I play with have lost interest in the game due to the removal of that list.

Core doubles should be added back in as an option.
As much as I would like to have both playlists, Halo 5 population doesn't warrants having two doubles playlist. This said, If this playlist is in for say tournament reasons only, Then yes I think there should be two doubles playlists, but the impression I get is it's in as a change of pace and nothing more.

Sorry monitors for not adding this in my previous post and having back-to-back posts. I hit the submit button prematurely
D M4N8 wrote:
It's not that popular.
The majority people I play with are now not interested in doubles, so yes it does go both ways. Now will this playlist be more popular than the other doubles playlist? Hard to say, my guess is it will be close but the other playlist will probably be more popular as more people like radar, variety of weapons, spartan abilities and so on in Halo 5 then don't.

Also, the last doubles update was definitely not garbage. That's just your opinion. Are there some things I don't like? sure, but overall It's much better than it was before in my opinion.
Like you said, that's your opinion. No point in discussing this any further without any hard facts.
Its the population and lack of intrest.
I have no problems with the new doubles. This is the best thing to happen to doubles imo. I usually don't even play doubles often and now it's my #2 maybe #1 most played playlist though the matchups need work. I find games quicker than I ever did with core doubles.