Skip to main content
Why isn’t my csr changing with the new season in halo 5
Can you explain what you mean a bit more?
big1russ wrote:
Why isn’t my csr changing with the new season in halo 5
Two reasons. If your MMR and w/l is lower even though you smash champs daily it will take you longer to rank up. And because the population is so low you basicslly get champ and plat matches and nobody ranks up 1 cst. But if anyone loses they lose max csr.
What does MMR stand for?
What does MMR stand for?
MatchMake Rating = MMR

See THIS & THIS for a more thorough understanding.
What does MMR stand for?
It's your matchmaking rating.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I didnt know mmr reset I thought only ranks reset every season
MGE Loco wrote:
MMR doesn't reset. But it's always holding you back if you get better.
Tetrafy wrote:
MGE Loco wrote:
This is incorrect.

Please do not spread false information.
Tetrafy wrote:
MGE Loco wrote:
This is incorrect.

I create a new account with fresh MMR I have an easier time ranking higher because the losses on a fresh account are much less detrimental vs one with 5000 games that has a higher loss and lower stat record. It's how it's been since h3 and why many people would restart on a new account because their w/l overall was so low it made your account near impossible to level. Considering menke has said this system is very similar to h3s and has said it doesn't reset. It isn't false information unless there is a piece of information I am missing? MMR will get better sure in small amounts over time. But it doesn't reset, and having a new account gives you a fresh much quicker start on the refresh, vs having to show you have gotten better with 5000 games where perhaps you didn't take it as serious as you should have and it 100 percent affects how quick you rank up or down.
Tetrafy wrote:
Tetrafy wrote:
MGE Loco wrote:
This is incorrect.

I create a new account with fresh MMR I have an easier time ranking higher because the losses on a fresh account are much less detrimental vs one with 5000 games that has a higher loss and lower stat record. It's how it's been since h3 and why many people would restart on a new account because their w/l overall was so low it made your account near impossible to level. Considering menke has said this system is very similar to h3s and has said it doesn't reset. It isn't false information unless there is a piece of information I am missing? MMR will get better sure in small amounts over time. But it doesn't reset, and having a new account gives you a fresh much quicker start on the refresh, vs having to show you have gotten better with 5000 games where perhaps you didn't take it as serious as you should have and it 100 percent affects how quick you rank up or down.
That’s incorrect on the number of games to shift MMR. Look at the MMR charts that have been shared. While it may be true newer accounts can have larger shifts — There can be shifts of 100+ points of MMR over a handful of games, even if it’s a veteran account. A single game can swing it substantially in either direction.

example

https://twitter.com/joshua_menke/status/1338956211463495680?s=20
So I've been kinda stuck at d4 someone told me u can get locked into a rank. Is this true because I've won 10 games in a row with a squad and barely ranked up and lost one by myself and lost the rank ..
MGE Loco wrote:
So I've been kinda stuck at d4 someone told me u can get locked into a rank. Is this true because I've won 10 games in a row with a squad and barely ranked up and lost one by myself and lost the rank ..
I wouldn't say you get rank locked, you just have to win 100 games in a row to rank up.
Truly feels like it sometimes