Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

Deranking after winning slayer games

OP APBsniper

Twice today I deranked after winning slayer games. Both times one of the enemy players left and we won 4 on 3, usually it just doesn't rank you up when that happens but, it ranked me down considerably this time.
Not cool
Ranking is based on more than just wins. There are other factors such as how well you perform compared to how well the system expects you to perform.
Your CSR should always go up after a win even if it's just by one point, but your MMR can drop if you played worse than expected which will be reflected the next time you lose. You should post about it in this thread if your CSR actually dropped.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Your CSR should always go up after a win even if it's just by one point, but your MMR can drop if you played worse than expected which will be reflected the next time you lose. You should post about it in this thread if your CSR actually dropped.
This is the case for most situations. It is possible for CSR to go down upon a victory, but you would have to play extremely bad for this to happen; it's a very rare occurence (the opposite can very rarely happen, too, where you go up in CSR despite losing). I remember Josh saying this long ago around when TS2 was first implemented; it's there to mitigate situations where your performance and your team's performance vastly differ from each other. Granted, that was a long time ago and TS2 may have been adjusted since then.

Either way, it would help if OP linked the games in question in their game history.
If you are a champ then other players who are close to you in CSR and are playing at the same time may be passing you while you are in game. Lets say you are champ 60 with 1999 CSR. Champ 61 and 62 are tied with 1990 CSR. Both win a game to get 2020 CSR while you only earn 5 more CSR. You would be champ 62. If you are not a champ, then I don't know what to say.