Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

Does the flood gametype affect KD ratio?

OP Metroid Spartan

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Because if it does, that's not really fair, when I play as a flood, I throw my self out there agaisnt the Humans trying to infect them. As a result, I die alot more than when I am playing a gametype such as team slayer where more strategy is involved. Because if I am good at team slayer, and die alot in Flood (Everyone dies alot in Flood mode when playing as the Flood, that's kind of the idea of the gametype), will Flood bring down my KD ratio?

Same with Griffball, when that playlist is added, will it affect my KD ratio? Because in that gametype (like Flood) your supposed to throw yourself out there at enemies, and you die alot more often.
i actually get more kills as flood.........
Quote:
i actually get more kills as flood.........
Well it's not supposed to be that way
Yes it does but a better question, who cares? It's KD nothing more.
my slayer kd is like 1.5 and my regicide is 1.9 or something and every other one of my kd ratios is under 1.2 in every other gametype
Quote:
Yes it does but a better question, who cares? It's KD nothing more.
Well people judge skill based on KD,
be it accurate or not.
Quote:
my slayer kd is like 1.5 and my regicide is 1.9 or something and every other one of my kd ratios is under 1.2 in every other gametype
I just hope Flood dosen't bring down my overall KD, its more of a fun mode than skill based, just like griffball
Quote:
Well people judge skill based on KD,
be it accurate or not.
I judge skill based on skill. If a guy is 3.0 or .5 KD, doesn't matter. I've seen full 3.0 teams that have no clue what they are doing (mostly likely boosted) and .5's wipe up the game.
I get more kills as a flood then human one reason TRUSTER PACK!! It to easy for the zombie to infect you becaus you're alot faster AND you can hit WHILE your boosting i'd preffer evade than That.
It does, Overall K/D on waypoint is from all gametypes.

Hopefully people mainly look at your slayer k/d

I die a lot in oddball because of holding the ball/chasing the ball... it's an objective gametype.

To see how good a player is sometimes in the lobby I go into that person's service record and make a quick estimation based off of their kills deaths in matchmaking, and that IS affected by flood.
you could equally say 'why should capture the flag deaths be counted towards my kill death ratio? after all, the objective of the gametype is not to live longer than anyone else"
For some stupid reason, 343 deemed it necessary for k/d to be tracked in Flood Mode. This playlist is to mess around in and relax, so what the hell?
Quote:
For some stupid reason, 343 deemed it necessary for k/d to be tracked in Flood Mode. This playlist is to mess around in and relax, so what the hell?
And yet people keep saying social playlists are a bad idea.

:|
K/D shouldn't matter in Halo. I find it sad that it's such an issue and a big deal to some people.

My K/D is piss poor, but I can still wipe the floor with anyone.
I assume so but K/D is stupid. You can just boost it the whole time and be horrible when not boosting or are one of those DMR/Boltshot/AC users. -_-

I wish that 343 would get rid of it in Halo 5 so people would stop acting like idiots and stat-pad it and actaully do some of the work. K/D is the reason people stat-pad, is to get it higher. If it's gone, theres no reason to stat-pad because you don't know what your K/D is so it won't matter. Atleast, I hope people get the message.
Or, you could use the K/D that matters the most: Slayer K/D. Flood isn't exactly fair for that, and neither is any objective gametype.
Well if people really cared to see how good you are they can look at how many kills vs deaths in your service record in slayer.If the person has more deaths than kills they generally suck, or their playstyle is rush in and hope to get a kill.The people who have high kills and low deaths are smart people and stand near teammates or wait for people to come around the corner(commonly known as campers).Your play style is what effects your kills vs deaths in halo.Only in CoD can you rush a whole team and come out unscathed, halo=1-2 kills then you need to regain shields.

I tend to do a balance of both, sometimes only certain playstyles will work.I'm kind of done with slayer until the DMR gets fixed, people shooting at waist and getting a headshot(well not that bad, but still pretty bad)is a bit much for a BR user like me.So i will just enjoy getting the kills i deserve in SWAT.Greatest thing about swat, everyone has the same stuff.I use the BR, yet most use the DMR, cant blame them though haha.
Thanks for the lower k/d Flood! Oh well, I'll live with it.
Yes, it does. Unfortunately.

P.S. I like your Metroid Spartan.
Quote:
Quote:
I just hope Flood dosen't bring down my overall KD, its more of a fun mode than skill based, just like griffball
Unfortunatly, yes, it does bring you overall K/D. If it's bad just play another gametype you usually don't play to make up for flood.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2