First off, well done adding coliseum and plaza. However, I feel that most maps don't play 2v2 the way they should. I never understood why arena maps weren't symetrical, and I wonder doubly so for doubles.

Next I'd like to mention weapons. Saw and hammer ruins mercy. Most people I talk to agree, and that's because people corner camp with them, and then hide with them when they have the lead. I won't mention brute rifles, as they're decently balanced in not being able to finish kills that well. Scatter on tyrant also encourages corner camping, and is the predominate strategy I run into.
Accidentally hit submit before I was finished.

But ill leave it there.

Actually I had one more thing to add, objective. A lot of people would like to see flag, oddball, assault, hell, anything to break up the repetitive slayer. It worked in 3, worked in 4, why not 5?

In conclusion, maps need balanced power weapons, objective needs added, and you could easily pull community made maps designed for doubles that play smoothly.

And after playing Mercy for the sixteenth time, I'd like to request that mercy be toned the -Yoink- down. I'm winning on it, sure, but dear -Yoink- I am so sick of playing one map. Worrying about the same power weapon corner camping.
I aggre. Generaly there are too many power weapons in TD. Mercy is especialy bad. Some time into the game its usually 2 snipers, a hammer and a SAW with nearly unlimited ammo. One of the power weapons have to be removed, and the ammo on the two left should be greatly reduced. I think they should be swaped for 2 other waepons. Maybe the nade launcher.

Rig and Eden (two great maps in slayer/arena) suffers from too many weapons too in TD. There should me max 2 power weapons or one power weapon + power up on the map at once. Most of the other maps work mostly nice, as they have fewer weapons.

Tyrant works fine imao.

I kinda agree with you on the obj subject. Some over the most intense games in any games in my entire life, was oddball doubles in H3. But flag never really work for TD, and im not sure how strongholds would play out.

I disagree with you on the community map point. It has been tried. It doesnt work. No more forge map in TD or TS/arena.
nTitanx wrote:
I aggre. Generaly there are too many power weapons in TD. Mercy is especialy bad. Some time into the game its usually 2 snipers, a hammer and a SAW with nearly unlimited ammo. One of the power weapons have to be removed, and the ammo on the two left should be greatly reduced. I think they should be swaped for 2 other waepons. Maybe the nade launcher.

Rig and Eden (two great maps in slayer/arena) suffers from too many weapons too in TD. There should me max 2 power weapons or one power weapon + power up on the map at once. Most of the other maps work mostly nice, as they have fewer weapons.

Tyrant works fine imao.

I kinda agree with you on the obj subject. Some over the most intense games in any games in my entire life, was oddball doubles in H3. But flag never really work for TD, and im not sure how strongholds would play out.

I disagree with you on the community map point. It has been tried. It doesnt work. No more forge map in TD or TS/arena.
I feel like mercy would be fine with just a beam to fight over. You're right about the saw ammo, I've had max ammo several times and just feel like a -Yoink- getting 10 kills with a saw.

Eden rockets spawn way too often. I've had several games where rockets come up before I've even fired the two I have.

Tyrant works fine if you're good and understand the map, but if a team gets the lead and they decide to corner camp with scatter while snipe watches the flank, it's a chore to play. There aren't enough angles.

Oh oh my god I'd love to see oddball come in. Flag always worked fine for me. Pull when 2 are dead, play D if your teammate goes down.

The edited breakout maps for last years valentines doubles worked well. Some of the most competitive matches I've ever played in any halo. They could use those. I don't know anything about coding, but surely it wouldn't be too hard to simply reskin them. It just seems like every map that comes up, half the lobby feels like the map doesn't work for doubles. I make them work, of course, but it just doesn't feel like doubles.
My friend and I love doubles and we were so excited to play it once it FINALLY became a regular playlist in Halo 5. We both took about a 2 month break from Halo 5 for other games but as soon as we get back and play doubles everything is changed. We don't know where anything is! We've noticed two main occurrences on maps: Sniper Rifles and Active Camo. While we were getting ranked we counted the maps with active camo: Empire, Eden, The Rig, Molten, Tyrant, and Truth. That's six maps with active camo out of like the 10 maps you can play doubles on. (There might be more than 10 not sure) We also counted maps with sniper rifles: Eden, Coliseum, Molten, The Rig. I'm pretty sure there might be more too. But from what I can remember that's 4 out of 10. Where's the variety? Plus I mean it's hard to go on a map with everything changed and completely unaware of the power ups because it doesn't show them in the intro. (molten) All the maps seem the same. Either me and my buddy being frightened because of a near invisible man, or scaring the other team because we have the active camo. The problem here isn't with the camo itself it's more that it's on more than 50% of the maps. Every game feels and plays the same because of the active camo. Playing on the 3 maps with out it is the most interesting because it's something we haven't seen in 5 games. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this and is annoyed with it. I like the variety in my matches but doubles doesn't seem to do it for me anymore, just the game revolving around the active camo. I don't have as much of an issue with the sniper rifles though but it's even worse to get shot by an invisible man across the map. I would like to see other things in doubles. Perhaps Speed Boosts? Beam Rifles? Fuel Rod Cannons? Saws? Does anyone else think the doubles maps need to diversify?