1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
343, look at my most recent doubles game. (Molten 6PM central time 03/08/2019) It is reminding me of halo MCC release. We got into a game without an opposing team and had to stay the match the entire 15 minutes. Please look into!

Thanks!
343, look at my most recent doubles game. (Molten 6PM central time 03/08/2019) It is reminding me of halo MCC release. We got into a game without an opposing team and had to stay the match the entire 15 minutes. Please look into!

Thanks!
Then I just get kicked for inactivity...

Thanks!
Then I just get kicked for inactivity...
@DaintyPup33668 It happens because no one wants to play this atrocious updated version. Very few people playing this game type now.
Why can I not get games when I search with someone? When I search alone, I get games pretty quick, but I have yet to find a game when I’m with someone.
@Dewd Because very few people are playing now. It’s largely being abandoned for other playlists since the update.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
@Dewd Because very few people are playing now. It’s largely being abandoned for other playlists since the update.
i think it’s a different issue. I’ve tried matching other teams of 2 with the same rank and cannot get them. Then both parties get kicked from the lobby with the error message.
H3LIOS13 wrote:
H3LIOS13 I 100% agree. Please give people the option of playing the old doubles that was extremely popular. I appreciate the effort but this was a swing and a miss. It isn’t even remotely similar to what doubles used to be. Don’t ruin a good thing. Or at least let people choose which one they want to play.
I loved the previous doubles. Like you said, it was a good thing. The update is terrible. I primarily play halo for the doubles with a buddy that lives nowhere near me anymore. Neither of us like it and will probably be taking a break from it. Giving people an option will satisfy everyone. Don't force everyone to have to play the new maps. I think they can solve this problem very easily.
Well, this is your chance to be specific about what you like or don't like about the changes. Saying "I don't like it" and leaving your criticisms at that and then continue to cry about it helps literally no one and likely gets your comments ignored. Because who wants to sit here and guess what you're thinking?
And cry about it huh? Ok, I don't like the maps...I think they are terrible. Everything is too close quartered. I don't care for weapon placements or the plasma cannon on doubles. I don't care for anything about the changes. I like the old doubles and didn't think changes were needed. Frankly, I don't care about your smart ellick comments. If you want to post your opinions, go ahead. No need to be a jerk about it and if you feel you have to be, post on your on thread.
H3LIOS13 wrote:
H3LIOS13 I 100% agree. Please give people the option of playing the old doubles that was extremely popular. I appreciate the effort but this was a swing and a miss. It isn’t even remotely similar to what doubles used to be. Don’t ruin a good thing. Or at least let people choose which one they want to play.
I loved the previous doubles. Like you said, it was a good thing. The update is terrible. I primarily play halo for the doubles with a buddy that lives nowhere near me anymore. Neither of us like it and will probably be taking a break from it. Giving people an option will satisfy everyone. Don't force everyone to have to play the new maps. I think they can solve this problem very easily.
Well, this is your chance to be specific about what you like or don't like about the changes. Saying "I don't like it" and leaving your criticisms at that and then continue to cry about it helps literally no one and likely gets your comments ignored. Because who wants to sit here and guess what you're thinking?
@Afro Thunda X- You’re implying that there are just a few minor things that were changed. It is completely different. We’d exceed the character limit trying to spell out everything that’s unenjoyable about the update. Like iBRSwiftyy (above) said, this isn’t a new game and people loved it for a reason. I agree with him, I tried the new doubles for a day with my usual doubles partner and now we just don’t even bother playing it anymore. It’s really sad to be honest. Used to play doubles for hours, now I just play arena for 10 minutes and turn it off. They tried to improve it but just ended up ruining it. Here’s a comment that’s sure to get ignored: whoever’s idea this was should get fired and his replacement should put doubles back the way it used to be.
Lord helm3t,
I loved your comment on the person get fired. Probably was @afro thunda x since he seems to be hurt by our dislike of the game type. They also need to bring back the suppressor and needles on the boaards they were on. I know people complain about their use, but it gives an advantage to some players just like a sniper or BR does to others. Penalize some players because you get your feelings hurt when they kill you with those gun types.
Such a shame. Is there any chance they’ll fix this before next season? Or ever? It is incredibly disappointing. Just make it the way it used to be. Or at the very least let people choose which playlist they want to play. Whoever is in charge of this needs to intervene ASAP. It’s absolutely astonishing that a billion dollar company can make a mistake of this magnitude.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
343 really needs to evaluate their decision making - the changes are so awful:
  • Veil - Unbelievably bad map design that makes movement clunky along with the random teleporter.
  • Cybercide - The verticality of this map makes it close to unplayable
  • These Walls - Did you play test this at all??? It's constant spawns
  • Hazard - Map is ok but invis location needs to be top/mid catwalk/hall
  • Eden - REVERT - but keep invis bottom mid
  • The Rig - REVERT - gernade launcher is so OP; sniper was balanced
  • Plaza - REVERT
  • Molten - Actually good changes
  • Coliseum - Haven't played yet in 36 games
  • Truth, Regret, can't believe I'm saying this Empire (remove one powerup), Tyrant, Overgrowth should be added back.
tl;dr - Forge maps besides Hazard are bad, Revert the playlist
Spoiler:
Show
OK. Despite best intentions sometimes things don't work out as well as we want them to and I feel like that's the case with the remake of the ranked doubles maps. I could enumerate all the ways I think the maps have been made worse but suffice it to say it's just one of those "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" situations.... The maps were fine as they were and the new ones are... not. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. I know this is unlikely to happen, but my advice would be to just admit the remake was unnecessary and go back to the maps that everyone liked.
Like, any change, we'll be monitoring how well it does over more than just a few days in order to get accurate and balanced feedback, as well as data. Folks are entitled to opinions on both sides, and we're not going to make any knee-jerk reactions. We'll watch and see how it goes overall.

Right now, Ranked Doubles has increased in popularity by 30% since the changes, so there's nothing to suggest the changes are driving anyone away. We would need to wait longer and see how it settles after a few weeks to make a judgement about that.

As for dodges and quits, the new maps are not being quit nor dodged anymore than the old ones. In fact, the new maps are being quit out a lot less.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10