OP Unyshek

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. ...
  7. 10
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Oh, man I am getting pretty excited :D
So with the announcement of the new season starting at the beginning of June, is there any update of what changes can be expected for the doubles playlist?
The new doubles feels odd. im not used to it and I am not sure if I even like it.
What's a moderator?
doubles has the worst set of maps in halo franchise history... the forge maps are trash--especially veil and these walls... and the updates to existing maps made them just as bad... this update ruined a good playlist
smightmare wrote:
What's a moderator?
Someone who helps to enforce the rules of the forum, if you have any questions or queries about forum moderation you are welcome to send a PM to any of the forum moderators
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
Spoiler:
Show
I feel like I've played a good amount now to share some thoughts on the new playlist.

Coliseum - I like the map in it's current form but I'm mixed on the new alternative approach to get OS. Sometimes I think it's better without those "ramps" Otherwise it's plays fine I think.

Eden - A few thoughts. I don't like how red nest has a light rifle and blue side has... A boltshot I guess lol I'm not sure what the thinking behind that was. Also, where the boltshot is, I don't think it's worth risking your life to get it with two exploding barrels there. If you're going to leave the barrels there, I would move the boltshot to a other location. Maybe outside near sniper? And have some other weapon there or maybe nothing. I just think if a player's going to risk their life for a weapon there, it has to be worth it and currently, it's definitely not with those exploding barrels right there. I think I've seen maybe someone get it once.... Other then that I like the map in it's current form.

Molten - I like the map in it's current form and all the changes I've seen a lot! Really like the new location of Invis. and that added ledge near lava pit. Good stuff!

Plaza - I have mixed feelings in blocking off lift where OS is, but I understand what you were going for. I don't really have an issue with this map in it's current form.

The Rig - I haven't played it enough I feel, but not sure if the sentinel beam & grenade launcher really fit this map. I can see maybe people's way of thinking with the grenade launcher. The location of them seem good though. I really like the new starting spawns, big plus!

Before I get into the new maps, I just want to say thanks to the forgers and everyone who worked on them 👍

Cybercide - I like the look and "feel" of the map quite a bit. I think the OS placement and the non power weapons are fine too. Is there a carbine on this map? If not, I feel there should be. I'm not big on the degree of thy amount of vertical play, but that's just my opinion. The Scattershot aka the lottery cannon as I call it... I feel needs to go. Not only is it massively inconsistent, I think it turns a lot of the map into a campfest which leads to a stalemate or boring play if one team is up by a decent amount. I'm not sure on what weapon to replace it with I would say the shotgun but that would lead to the lot of the same problems. If you're going to keep it, maybe include the Plamacaster as well as a counter? I'm not sure. I would be interested In replacing the Scattershot with the sentinel beam and seeing how it plays. I just find a lot of my matches on this map snowball one way or the other pretty fast. PS love the cat sounds in the background lol 😅

Hazard - So far I don't have any major complaints other then sometimes I find it difficult to call out areas, but maybe I just haven't played it enough. I sometimes wonder how the grenade launcher would work on this map in stead of the Plasmacaster. One thing I have noticed is I find getting up to the upper levels is pretty limited and if one of us dies, the other person always spawns on the lower levels and can never get up there quick enough to help. I don't know if it's a spawning thing, a line of sight thing or maybe just a me thing lol Also, cosmetic wise the walls seems pretty bland. Maybe have some areas where the walls aren't black or brown or if you can,or try to make them look more metalish or something...I don't know. Just a thought 🙃

These Walls - Interesting looking map. Kind of has a "ruins" or something feel...anyways. I'll admit, I didn't like the way this map played at all for a while, but now that I've played it more I don't mind it. A lot of vertical play which I'm not super big on once again but it's not too bad. I do feel like the scattershot shouldn't be here. It's just too inconsistent. Why not use the shotgun? I don't mind the Plasmacaster or all the other weapons in it. At times I feel spawning can be an issue in the sense that I feel you spawn at the bottom far from your partner a lot or I'm spawning in direct fire, especially where the carbine spawns. For some reason I feel like a boltshot should be on this map too...I don't know why lol

Veil - Love the feel of this map as it has a "Doom" vibe for me (and since I've been a big doom fan since the original, that's a plus in my books 👍😅) I like how this map plays for the most part, especially like the teleporter. More maps need those. I don't like how you can sit top mid relatively high up. I feel it's a very overpowered position. My biggest beef with this map is the stairs on each side near the silent pistol closer to where the OS spawns. You can't clamber right there at all because maybe it's on a slope? I'm not sure, but it's frustrating. That ledge you can climb up to go up the stairs near the silent pistol is it tied too high in my opinion as my spartan can't jump up there most of the time and I have to clamber which I think is ridiculous. I feel once people get control of top mid where the sentinel beam is matches can snowball pretty quick, especially if they have the sniper. It would be nice to be able to not have to turn climb up the ledge then turn around again to shoot top mid new silent pistols if you know where/what I mean. I'll gladly show anyone sometime if they want. Just message me.

Side notes - I still think the map Tyrant should be in doubles. I thought it played pretty well in doubles and it looked really cool too. I also think the Sniper should only have four shots. Rockets should be in doubles I feel with two shots max. I feel like there's quite a few maps where rockets with two shots could be good. The Shotgun should be used in doubles as well with a single clip, so I believe that's five shots? I Can't recall at the moment, I don't see why not. Personally as I stated above, I don't feel like the Scattershot should be on maps as it's just too inconsistent and possibly one of the most frustrating weapons in the game. I would welcome sword or hammer on a map or two if and ONLY IF the amount of uses could be changed, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

Overall I like more then I dislike with the new doubles playlist and most people I've talked too feel the same. Molten especially is just SO MUCH better. It's crazy how changing just a few things can make such a difference lol I'll say more later once I've played more. Thanks again everyone for working on this playlist 👊
I feel like I've played a good amount now to share some thoughts on the new playlist.

Coliseum - I like the map in it's current form but I'm mixed on the new alternative approach to get OS. Sometimes I think it's better without those "ramps" Otherwise it's plays fine I think.

Eden - A few thoughts. I don't like how red nest has a light rifle and blue side has... A boltshot I guess lol I'm not sure what the thinking behind that was. Also, where the boltshot is, I don't think it's worth risking your life to get it with two exploding barrels there. If you're going to leave the barrels there, I would move the boltshot to a other location. Maybe outside near sniper? And have some other weapon there or maybe nothing. I just think if a player's going to risk their life for a weapon there, it has to be worth it and currently, it's definitely not with those exploding barrels right there. I think I've seen maybe someone get it once.... Other then that I like the map in it's current form.

Molten - I like the map in it's current form and all the changes I've seen a lot! Really like the new location of Invis. and that added ledge near lava pit. Good stuff!

Plaza - I have mixed feelings in blocking off lift where OS is, but I understand what you were going for. I don't really have an issue with this map in it's current form.

The Rig - I haven't played it enough I feel, but not sure if the sentinel beam & grenade launcher really fit this map. I can see maybe people's way of thinking with the grenade launcher. The location of them seem good though. I really like the new starting spawns, big plus!

Before I get into the new maps, I just want to say thanks to the forgers and everyone who worked on them 👍

Cybercide - I like the look and "feel" of the map quite a bit. I think the OS placement and the non power weapons are fine too. Is there a carbine on this map? If not, I feel there should be. I'm not big on the degree of thy amount of vertical play, but that's just my opinion. The Scattershot aka the lottery cannon as I call it... I feel needs to go. Not only is it massively inconsistent, I think it turns a lot of the map into a campfest which leads to a stalemate or boring play if one team is up by a decent amount. I'm not sure on what weapon to replace it with I would say the shotgun but that would lead to the lot of the same problems. If you're going to keep it, maybe include the Plamacaster as well as a counter? I'm not sure. I would be interested In replacing the Scattershot with the sentinel beam and seeing how it plays. I just find a lot of my matches on this map snowball one way or the other pretty fast. PS love the cat sounds in the background lol 😅

Hazard - So far I don't have any major complaints other then sometimes I find it difficult to call out areas, but maybe I just haven't played it enough. I sometimes wonder how the grenade launcher would work on this map in stead of the Plasmacaster. One thing I have noticed is I find getting up to the upper levels is pretty limited and if one of us dies, the other person always spawns on the lower levels and can never get up there quick enough to help. I don't know if it's a spawning thing, a line of sight thing or maybe just a me thing lol Also, cosmetic wise the walls seems pretty bland. Maybe have some areas where the walls aren't black or brown or if you can,or try to make them look more metalish or something...I don't know. Just a thought 🙃

These Walls - Interesting looking map. Kind of has a "ruins" or something feel...anyways. I'll admit, I didn't like the way this map played at all for a while, but now that I've played it more I don't mind it. A lot of vertical play which I'm not super big on once again but it's not too bad. I do feel like the scattershot shouldn't be here. It's just too inconsistent. Why not use the shotgun? I don't mind the Plasmacaster or all the other weapons in it. At times I feel spawning can be an issue in the sense that I feel you spawn at the bottom far from your partner a lot or I'm spawning in direct fire, especially where the carbine spawns. For some reason I feel like a boltshot should be on this map too...I don't know why lol

Veil - Love the feel of this map as it has a "Doom" vibe for me (and since I've been a big doom fan since the original, that's a plus in my books 👍😅) I like how this map plays for the most part, especially like the teleporter. More maps need those. I don't like how you can sit top mid relatively high up. I feel it's a very overpowered position. My biggest beef with this map is the stairs on each side near the silent pistol closer to where the OS spawns. You can't clamber right there at all because maybe it's on a slope? I'm not sure, but it's frustrating. That ledge you can climb up to go up the stairs near the silent pistol is it tied too high in my opinion as my spartan can't jump up there most of the time and I have to clamber which I think is ridiculous. I feel once people get control of top mid where the sentinel beam is matches can snowball pretty quick, especially if they have the sniper. It would be nice to be able to not have to turn climb up the ledge then turn around again to shoot top mid new silent pistols if you know where/what I mean. I'll gladly show anyone sometime if they want. Just message me.

Side notes - I still think the map Tyrant should be in doubles. I thought it played pretty well in doubles and it looked really cool too. I also think the Sniper should only have four shots. Rockets should be in doubles I feel with two shots max. I feel like there's quite a few maps where rockets with two shots could be good. The Shotgun should be used in doubles as well with a single clip, so I believe that's five shots? I Can't recall at the moment, I don't see why not. Personally as I stated above, I don't feel like the Scattershot should be on maps as it's just too inconsistent and possibly one of the most frustrating weapons in the game. I would welcome sword or hammer on a map or two if and ONLY IF the amount of uses could be changed, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

Overall I like more then I dislike with the new doubles playlist and most people I've talked too feel the same. Molten especially is just SO MUCH better. It's crazy how changing just a few things can make such a difference lol I'll say more later once I've played more. Thanks again everyone for working on this playlist 👊
I made These Walls.

It takes an open mind to overcome strong first impressions. And your ability to recognize your preferences makes you a very solid source of feedback.

I understand, and agree, on the spawning. I was so mindful of pace that i overlooked the potential effect it would have on spawns. Maps that have open perimeters like These Walls are much harder to get spawns right on.

Thank you.

I made These Walls.

It takes an open mind to overcome strong first impressions. And your ability to recognize your preferences makes you a very solid source of feedback.

I understand, and agree, on the spawning. I was so mindful of pace that i overlooked the potential effect it would have on spawns. Maps that have open perimeters like These Walls are much harder to get spawns right on.

Thank you.
Hey man,

First off, Congrats for making and getting your map in rotation. Thanks for your nice words towards me too. I try very hard not to judge anything (or anyone for that matter) off the bat.

As I said, I'm not big on tons of vertical play, but the more I played your map and understood it, the less vertical play I found there was on that map actually and would say niw it isn't an issue anymore. More times than not when there is a lot of vertical play, it's because of spawning I found. Other than the spawns and the lottery cannon lol I quite like the map. Look of it too.

So question, is there any reason why more forgers seem to always the Scattershot in instead of the Shotgun? I always feel people put in the Scattershot all the time and never the Shotgun. I know sometimes it's for reasons, like going for a map theme or whatever, and I get that, but is there anything else? Did you ever consider the shotgun? If not, why not? I'm curious.

I definitely get why you were trying to keep pace of the map, as that's a super important thing. I think the map has good pace for sure, so mission accomplished there 👍 I haven't really done much forging in my life in general, but I can imagine spawns being pretty tough to do and would take hours and hours of play testings to get right.

And no, thank you bro 🙃

I made These Walls.

Thank you.
Hey man,

First off, Congrats for making and getting your map in rotation. Thanks for your nice words towards me too. I try very hard not to judge anything (or anyone for that matter) off the bat.

As I said, I'm not big on tons of vertical play, but the more I played your map and understood it, the less vertical play I found there was on that map actually and would say niw it isn't an issue anymore. More times than not when there is a lot of vertical play, it's because of spawning I found. Other than the spawns and the lottery cannon lol I quite like the map. Look of it too.

So question, is there any reason why more forgers seem to always the Scattershot in instead of the Shotgun? I always feel people put in the Scattershot all the time and never the Shotgun. I know sometimes it's for reasons, like going for a map theme or whatever, and I get that, but is there anything else? Did you ever consider the shotgun? If not, why not? I'm curious.

I definitely get why you were trying to keep pace of the map, as that's a super important thing. I think the map has good pace for sure, so mission accomplished there 👍 I haven't really done much forging in my life in general, but I can imagine spawns being pretty tough to do and would take hours and hours of play testings to get right.

And no, thank you bro 🙃
Thank you 🙂

The weapon layout was changed during testing for implementation based on what they thought was best for matchmaking.

Personally, Ive always seen the Scattershot as a more interesting and balanced shotgun, but i can understand why you take issue with the spread. In general, i would lean away from very strong close range weapons on tight maps, because they tend to incentivize camping.
Please remove those forge maps they’re killing the doubles games as a whole, these maps are giving the opportunity to just camp the entire game please give us the actual maps back.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. ...
  7. 10