Downloaded Content (DLC) Is a RipOff

OP Darth Gigabyte

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Why 343 don't put playlist all the time? It not make sense if you pay for it. 😏
Well it seems that the majority have spoken and the verdict is DLC is not worth purchasing. Thank You all for your participation.
In H4 it isn't worth it because you never get it! This stems from a much bigger problem.

I know they can't do it in H4 but what they need to do from H5 is do what they did in H3. Have social and rank playlists where ranked is DLC required. Simple!

Do this and DLC is great again!
I sometimes get Pitfall in team doubles, but that's about it. But I don't really care about the maps, just the skins/armor. But that's just me LOL

< Just realized I'm not wearing any DLC armor whatsoever.
Quote:
The DLC maps are on your Xbox's hard drive, and you can play on them in MP whenever you want (custom games and Forge). You just can't find players to play them in MP matchmaking.
Quote:
I won't speak for any body else, but I forked over my cash for the MP matchmaking. To hell with forge and custom.
'nuff said.
I don't play halo often and there is no need to get into why but this is the last time I will pay for DLC. I downloaded the maps when they were first released and till this day I didn't play the new maps in multiplayer.

All my friend already switched to other games for years now but I had faith but today I will pick up ghost.

Peace 343, no plans on getting H5, it will probably have ranks on waypoint LOL
Quote:
I don't play halo often and there is no need to get into why but this is the last time I will pay for DLC. I downloaded the maps when they were first released and till this day I didn't play the new maps in multiplayer.

All my friend already switched to other games for years now but I had faith but today I will pick up ghost.

Peace 343, no plans on getting H5, it will probably have ranks on waypoint LOL
Ninja,

I want nothing more to have H5 be a big success, but I can't ignore the fact that 343i has messed up Big Time concerning DLC. So I don't blame you. Perhaps this is just the pill 343i needs to swallow that will finally wake them up.

To 343i I say:

Get your act together and give us what we want. Your silence is KILLING YOU.

- Darth Gigabyte
I agree, as a former CoD player I notice that if you had DLC for Black Ops at least they would integrate it into your playlist no matter what map pack you had. It's like they had a subsection for individuals with the mappack and they would throw them into matchmaking.. I don't know how to exactly to put it in words.. Any other CoD players can back me up?
Halo 4 is an outstanding game. The studio DLC map integration is abysmal. I have all three map packs, and never see them in any of the playlists. It seems this problem became untenable when they added the CSR title update, prioritizing other factors in matching. I haven't played on Harvest since the summer. This really, really needs to be addressed as it goes beyond the gameplay-balancing gripes into the territory of consumer product non-fulfillment. If we buy something that is unusable we would hope that this would be of concern to the distributor.
Huge rip-off, it doesn't help that there is no formal announcement regarding the prospect of a Multi-DLC playlist returning.

Try getting a straight response from any of these,

@HaloWaypoint @franklez @quinndelhoyo @bsangel

And you'll get the same political answer,

-There is a huge demand for a p-list return on the Halo waypoint forums and on reddit/halo, any plans to make this happen?

"We featured DLC playlists in the months after each launch, and now the maps are integrated into regular matchmaking."
Honestly, I spent the $9.99 just for the new stances, I rarely see the new maps as a choice.
Hold up, I may have to adjust my earlier statement,

----------

@d_C1r_b
Any chance of this DLC issue being addressed?

preview.tinyurl.com/q5klkv9

@HaloWaypoint @franklez @quinndelhoyo @bsangel

----------

@HaloWaypoint
@d_C1r_b @franklez @quinndelhoyo @bsangel We are looking into adding DLC playlists to the rotational playlist schedule.

-----------

Something to stew on...
The DLC is a complete and utter waste of money. If I could get my money back I would've done it long ago. Around 1% of my games on on the DLC since it's not required for any playlists and no one else has it (aka they're smarter than me).
Well Guys,

It is finally here. DLC playlists are in the rotation. I want to thank everyone for stepping up and making your voices heard.

https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/post/2013/10/02/Matchmaking-Playlist-Calendar.aspx
Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5jel8Quy2g

I really, really hope that they keep releasing rotations because I'm really looking forward to some of the playlists beside DLC like that Ninja Assassins.

Thanks 343i.
An ideal setting for me would be having a ton of maps on disc that'd either be all unlocked at launch or unlocked at a regular basis (for free) to keep up interest instead of buying more maps as DLC. If this happened, I'd gladly pay 10-20€ more than usual for the game itself.
Hey All,

Its time to flick that booger. Time to tell 343 that we're not happy with DLC and they need to make a change or suffer financial discord. Please make your voices heard on Halo 5 threads that DLC bits and needs more love in match-making.

Halasss...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3