1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I personally think breakout 2.0 is an un-favored mode that brings with it a seriously noncompetitive aspect and honestly shouldn't be a ranked game type.
I'm a fan of break out 1.0 and extermination which i'm happy to see is finally ranked but honestly i can't imagine that there are many fans of breakout 2.0 that find it both a fitting and enjoyable mode.
I would like to see the removal of breakout 2.0. its a mode that just doesn't feel right.
Now i know you've tried to improve breakout over time 343 but the mode has huge flaws the biggest being the maps and there restrictive, uninspired and linear designs which greatly hurts both breakout 1.0 and 2.0 but break out 1.0 barely manages to hold itself together with its game play. which is where extermination comes in and makes a major improvement on the map design which it then adds to with its even more enjoyable game play.

all in all breakout 0.1 has its problems but break out 2.0 only makes it worse with its dissatisfying game play and noncompetitive vibe.
I think extermination should be its own playlist for me I play breakout for breakout I loved 2.0 it’s all I play really. I’m fine with them adding the breakout 1 back in to the playlist but extermination is different all around and I come to grind breakout.
I think extermination should be its own playlist for me I play breakout for breakout I loved 2.0 it’s all I play really. I’m fine with them adding the breakout 1 back in to the playlist but extermination is different all around and I come to grind breakout.
Fair enough but i simply don't view breakout 2.0 as competitive which is a problem to me since its a ranked game-type revolving around the shotgun as its main load out weapon. I find its game-play lacking in satisfaction because getting kills with the shotgun doesn't feel rewarding and doesn't make you earn you're kills. It takes away what i love about halo the slower kill time making you have to work harder for your kills and a larger skill gap.

I think extermination is both popular and good enough to be a its own ranked permanent playlist but i doubt it will happen.
Still I'm happy to see a community created mode become ranked its refreshing.
There’s nothing slow about kills in extermination they add speed,damage boost, rocket launchers so that you can eliminate the enemy as fast as you can. While breakout you have to play your situation like if it’s 2 on 3 there probably gonna grab flag so if you get close shotgun but if it’s 1 on 1 you pull flag to draw them and it becomes a 1-1 pistol battle and if one player is a shotgun only then you can play it far but in extermination you can’t because your gonna get blitzed and melted.
I really don't see what the draw is to extermination. It's just another Slayer variant not objective based like Breakout. I don't think it belongs in the playlist. I'm really concerned about the weighting as well, 8 out of my 10 qualifying matches were extermination, and the other two were split between Breakout 2.0 and OG Breakout. If it were split 33% I would be more willing to grind through extermination :/
I feel cheated! I was one round away from getting my Unstoppable commendation. I knew the maps and how to play smart on Breakout but now I am lost and with Elimination I feel I have no chance to get my last "Unstoppable" round. Why not separate the two different play list out? Frustrated!
There’s nothing slow about kills in extermination they add speed,damage boost, rocket launchers so that you can eliminate the enemy as fast as you can. While breakout you have to play your situation like if it’s 2 on 3 there probably gonna grab flag so if you get close shotgun but if it’s 1 on 1 you pull flag to draw them and it becomes a 1-1 pistol battle and if one player is a shotgun only then you can play it far but in extermination you can’t because your gonna get blitzed and melted.
there is a big difference between spawning with a power weapon and having to pick it up. as for the weapons and power ups in extermination they are there to give one team an advantage just the same as other core modes and just the same as in breakout.

I really don't see what the draw is to extermination. It's just another Slayer variant not objective based like Breakout. I don't think it belongs in the playlist. I'm really concerned about the weighting as well, 8 out of my 10 qualifying matches were extermination, and the other two were split between Breakout 2.0 and OG Breakout. If it were split 33% I would be more willing to grind through extermination :/
well extermination's objective to eliminate the enemy team within 10 seconds creates a lot of tension in games. breakout is a slayer variant that had a secondary objective added after its initial introduction (flag) and i still see it as a slayer variant since killing the enemy team is still the main objective. you don't win ctf, strong holds, assault or oddball with kills.
It’s also a big difference because breakout every one spawns with a power weapon such as shotgun so it’s still fair for both terms where once one team get power weapon making it even faster for teams in less one team can servive intel’s the next power weapon spawn
It’s also a big difference because breakout every one spawns with a power weapon such as shotgun so it’s still fair for both terms where once one team get power weapon making it even faster for teams in less one team can servive intel’s the next power weapon spawn
Everyone has equal opportunity to get the power weapons its completely fair and promotes movement, map control and timing for power ups. In general it promotes better competitive play and in extermination's case it creates points of conflict which works in the modes benefit.
A few things id like to note.
1. Breakout also has power weapon spawns on top of everyone spawning with one. Its an easy noncompetitive mode saturated with power weapons.
2. The assault rifle, magnum load-out doesn't increase base load-out kill time.`
3. Power weapons do make getting kills easier in extermination the same as any other mode.
I'd be happy with the playlist if they just weighted the chances of each game mode equally. A few MCC playlists are bad for weighting as well and it gives less variety.
Can't understand for the life of me how people like Breakout 2.0 (shotgun campfest) over the original breakout. Sure the original gamemode had some issues but whoever thought it was a good idea to put the shotgun in as a loadout weapon on a competitive platform weapon is out of their mind.
Wouldn't it make more sense for extermination to just be in Arena?
Wouldn't it make more sense for extermination to just be in Arena?
I would've kept it in social but I'm actually fine with it being added and the playlist being renamed to elimination.
I love the playlist right now, and it's honestly probably my favorite playlist at the moment. Aside from having to play the occasional 2.0, it's been a ton of fun.
I have hated Breakout 2.0 since its launch. It sucks
Just in case anyone was unaware, the Breakout Refresh Feedback Thread is on it's 52nd page*. Please share your thoughts there as well!

* https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/breakout-refresh-feedback-thread/d82b6acc-6e13-4ca1-aa42-56b4da181ca5/posts?page=52#post1034
I came onto waypoint today to compliment the playlist. Elimination, however, is the highlight. I love the game type and maps. Halo perfection, in my humble opinion.

Thanks, 343.
343 why do you make things so complicated...
I’m glad shotguns have gone, this is how it was supposed to be, if you want to abuse shotguns play infection.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2