1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Wouldn't it make more sense for extermination to just be in Arena?
Thats what Im saying...
Thats what Im saying...
unlikely.
anyway so obviously extermination is a breakout variant and makes sense why its a part of the breakout playlist but i also think it would be great in team arena because its type of game play is absent form team arena. it would have its own place in team arena since it brings game play that's currently absent from the play list.

The only problem i see is how the community would react to the forge maps being in team arena.
being a forger myself id love to see it.
Pegasus and Orion need to burn.
the only game mode i enjoy in elimination is the original breakout mode. extermination was never intended to be ranked and i never played it much when it was social. the fact that breakout 2.0 and extermination are ranked is absurd. I have friends that are diamond/platinum players that rank champion in that playlist. there is zero skill gap to speak of it is insane. In breakout 2.0 I have regularly beaten champion ranked players and I never get higher than onyx 1600. I think my rank is maybe a little to high for my skill level but if i am beating champs in this playlist and then losing to platinum's in the next match it just goes to show how bad the playlist is.
Thats what Im saying...
unlikely.
anyway so obviously extermination is a breakout variant and makes sense why its a part of the breakout playlist but i also think it would be great in team arena because its type of game play is absent form team arena. it would have its own place in team arena since it brings game play that's currently absent from the play list.

The only problem i see is how the community would react to the forge maps being in team arena.
being a forger myself id love to see it.
Pegasus and Orion need to burn.
Didn't Reach have something like that too?
the only game mode i enjoy in elimination is the original breakout mode. extermination was never intended to be ranked and i never played it much when it was social. the fact that breakout 2.0 and extermination are ranked is absurd. I have friends that are diamond/platinum players that rank champion in that playlist. there is zero skill gap to speak of it is insane. In breakout 2.0 I have regularly beaten champion ranked players and I never get higher than onyx 1600. I think my rank is maybe a little to high for my skill level but if i am beating champs in this playlist and then losing to platinum's in the next match it just goes to show how bad the playlist is.
Extermination was always intended to be a competitive game and not a casual one.
I think extermination should be its own playlist for me I play breakout for breakout I loved 2.0 it’s all I play really. I’m fine with them adding the breakout 1 back in to the playlist but extermination is different all around and I come to grind breakout.
Fair enough but i simply don't view breakout 2.0 as competitive which is a problem to me since its a ranked game-type revolving around the shotgun as its main load out weapon. I find its game-play lacking in satisfaction because getting kills with the shotgun doesn't feel rewarding and doesn't make you earn you're kills. It takes away what i love about halo the slower kill time making you have to work harder for your kills and a larger skill gap.

I think extermination is both popular and good enough to be a its own ranked permanent playlist but i doubt it will happen.
Still I'm happy to see a community created mode become ranked its refreshing.
BREAKOUT 2.0 has got to be one of the best competitive gametypes in my opinion. I honestly think it is a pillar of the community and that it brought "killing people" into the realm of an Olympic Event. There is PRIDE involved Knocking people Out. 343 I believe put a lot of effort into the BREAKOUT 2.0 gametype despite their recent update. I disagree with you completely. I am part of an almost 600 person BREAKOUT 2.0 Club called BREAKOUT LEGENDS and everyone is very serious about the game. We are all High Diamonds Onyx and Champions and while it may not be a lot of players relative to slayer, there is no denying that BREAKOUT 2.0 has a strong following.

There's a unique feeling you get when it is a 1v4 in BREAKOUT 2.0 that you do not get in any other game mode. It is so exciting when it's a 1v4 and the enemy grabs the flag. It means it's GO TIME!!!

I do not think you have played enought BREAKOUT 2.0 to know how it is sopposed to be played. There is actual technique..and it does not involve spawn camping or grenading. No one is going to spawn behind you. If you die it is your own fault. Many times it is possible to run away if outnumbered.

There are unique dynamics that occur only in BREAKOUT 2.0
Doesn't matter what team you are on. When you have 4 people on you're team and you are the one with the flag.. And you start seeing Red X's popping up on the map. It's exciting! High level diamond/onyx/champ play is really different than platinum.

1v1's almost always end up being an epic pistol battle. I do not consider the shotgun to be an overly powerful weapon considering you can drop it for another weapon.. You only have 5 bullets!.. a huge part BREAKOUT 2.0 is PISTOL for the most part. Shotguns come out when you're being encroached on.

I tried to play QUICK PLAY and BIG TEAM BATTLE yesterday and was unable to get a game in EITHER gametype. I was waiting for longer than 15 minutes in each gametype. It was clear that there was nothing quick about QUICK PLAY. There are not enough players split amongst the Social Playlist. People are playing Snipers Shotguns / Triple Team over QuickPlay and Big Team Battle? I thought it was strange.
for all the awful miss ranking you have the new rank system to thank for that.
for all the awful miss ranking you have the new rank system to thank for that.
I find it hard to believe champions are losing to platinums in a pistol fight.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2