Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

Failing to find full lobby in matchmaking

OP DISC0UNTdblKILL

I’m not sure if this has been posted about elsewhere, but I’m curious if anyone else is having problems loading all 8 guys into a matchmaking game. I play a lot of quick play when I solo queue and lately the lobby only finds 7 players and then it sits there in limbo until it boots everyone saying “unable to join”.

It also did this numerous times in Roaming King and sometimes in Holiday Fiesta when that was up as well.

Is this problem addressed anywhere in the forums by 343?
I'm experiencing it in Roaming King.

I just don't think enough people are playing it right now. It's unfortunate because I think that playlist is a lot of fun, and also somewhere people that don't have the best shots can still contribute as all they need to do is stand in the hill.
I honestly don’t think it’s that the population is low. It’s not a coincidence that it ALWAYS loads seven guys and that can’t find an 8th. I really think somethings messed up because of the focus on MMR matching.
It's a known issue that isn't going to be fixed.
I honestly don’t think it’s that the population is low. It’s not a coincidence that it ALWAYS loads seven guys and that can’t find an 8th. I really think somethings messed up because of the focus on MMR matching.
Now that you mention it, I was experiencing this a lot the other day. It would eventually time out but happen again and again unless I changed playlists. I was worried they would count as me quitting once it backed me out before the game started since we were at the map loading screen.
I often notice 7/8, 9/10, and 15/16. Annoying as hell since it takes so much time to sort itself out. It’s a known issue as Luke mentioned. The only way to avoid it is to wait it out and hope matchmaking gets that last player in. Alternatively, you can dashboard and restart matchmaking if you see it’s taking too long to find the last player.
I’m not sure if this has been posted about elsewhere, but I’m curious if anyone else is having problems loading all 8 guys into a matchmaking game. I play a lot of quick play when I solo queue and lately the lobby only finds 7 players and then it sits there in limbo until it boots everyone saying “unable to join”.

It also did this numerous times in Roaming King and sometimes in Holiday Fiesta when that was up as well.

It's a known issue by 343 that Josh Menke has said is mainly due to low population. It isn't going to be fixed unfortunately.
JB Linken wrote:
I'm experiencing it in Roaming King.

I just don't think enough people are playing it right now. It's unfortunate because I think that playlist is a lot of fun, and also somewhere people that don't have the best shots can still contribute as all they need to do is stand in the hill.
Roaming King is really hard to find a match in. Pretty much since after a few days it came out, I've never been able to find a game. Granted, after about 45 seconds I'll just give up and search another playlist.
tuhin94 wrote:
I often notice 7/8, 9/10, and 15/16. Annoying as hell since it takes so much time to sort itself out. It’s a known issue as Luke mentioned. The only way to avoid it is to wait it out and hope matchmaking gets that last player in. Alternatively, you can dashboard and restart matchmaking if you see it’s taking too long to find the last player.
Do you know if this counts as a quit if you dashboard to back out before the game backs you out? I'm referring to when dashboarding is the only way to leave the lobby as the game won't let you leave.
JB Linken wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
Do you know if this counts as a quit if you dashboard to back out before the game backs you out? I'm referring to when dashboarding is the only way to leave the lobby as the game won't let you leave.
Nope, I do it regularly for various reasons (eg., Prop Hunt or Skeeball in Action Sack, repeatedly getting the same map, or the incomplete lobby issue here) and it doesn’t count as a quit or anything bannable in the current system.
tuhin94 wrote:
JB Linken wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
Nope, I do it regularly for various reasons (eg., Prop Hunt or Skeeball in Action Sack, repeatedly getting the same map, or the incomplete lobby issue here) and it doesn’t count as a quit or anything bannable in the current system.
Okay good to know. This will save me a lot of time! I was concerned about being banned. Thanks!
JB Linken wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
JB Linken wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
Okay good to know. This will save me a lot of time! I was concerned about being banned. Thanks!
Yeah no problem. Definitely a good workaround for something like this.

It's happening in Warzone also. This just started about 6 weeks or so ago. This is aggravating as hell. You wait through a complete matchmaking screen ( 5 ) minutes at least just to see " lost connection" followed by " can't join. " 343 can you please fix this or at the very least you could prompt folks that it's 343s problem and not the equipment of the gamer.
tuhin94 wrote:
JB Linken wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
JB Linken wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
Yeah no problem. Definitely a good workaround for something like this.
Basically as long as you aren't already in the match (i.e. the screen goes black as it loads you in after the countdown timer), you don't get penalized for quitting.

Also, since dashboarding is a hassle, I've found that you can just navigate to your in-game friends or company list and JiP off another person if you can't back out of your own match any other way. You should then be able to leave their lobby before actually loading into that one.
I had this problem in Mythic Shotty Snipes, 3 or 4 games in a row it would find 9 players then get stuck for several minutes. Hasn't been too bad in Team Arena (it happens, but player is found after not too terribly long).
LUKEPOWA wrote:
It's a known issue that isn't going to be fixed.
Wow that's refreshing........
I am having the same problem, cmon halo
I am having the same problem, cmon halo
Try searching on expanded.

This has been happening all the time since last year.