Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

Fire Speed rate!! Also new vs old gen?

OP ZegaZegaZega

Why are some opponents fire rate not equal? Are new gamers just as exited for halo infi launch
You need to be more precise with what you mean.

Some weapons use different fire rates.
If they're using the exact same weapon and it's happening, then it could indicate cheating.

Which game and which weapon is it for?
The default pistol. In arena ranked matches. There are instances when a player unloads a clip at a rate 2-3 x faster. I cannot justify how there able to achieve this. Could be the angle could be a lag I’m unable to see.
The default pistol. In arena ranked matches. There are instances when a player unloads a clip at a rate 2-3 x faster. I cannot justify how there able to achieve this. Could be the angle could be a lag I’m unable to see.
Maybe just a lag issue perhaps? Might want to check your connection.
Are you talking about people who pace their shots from others that don't?
There are also, unfortunately, some people with modded controllers enabling a faster rate of fire. This is cheating and if you see evidence of it, clip it, and report using https://support.halowaypoint.com/
Hey Shawn can u talk me through what pace shots are?
Hey Shawn can u talk me through what pace shots are?
By pace shots he means pacing their shots. So instead of just hitting the trigger button as fast as you can, only
pressing shoot when you know or think you have a very good chance at hitting them.

It took me a long time to realize this is but it's the way to go. Your brain wants to tell you to just keep sbootkng near the body abd you'll hit. Waiting until you will most likely hit will let you win more one vs one encljnnters.

My accuracy is still for -Yoink- but headshots and perfects are alt more common.
Fire rate problems can arise from lag. If your/your opponent's internet stutters, they can sometimes shoot all the bullets from the lag spike really quickly when the connection stabilizes.
The new players I think are going to be unbalanced