Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

FIX ELIMINATION CSR PLEASE

OP THOM 2917

Elimination has the most broken CSR system I’ve ever seen and I would like it addressed please. Today I won 5 straight games only to go up from max D4 to minimum D5. I’m not getting carried or anything, I was top of the leaderboards 3/5 times. I don’t understand how I could win that many in a row and not move up with any significance. To make things worse the 6th game I played, we lost and I went down in rank more than I had gained in those 5 straight wins. Somethings wrong. And it’s not like these are isolated incidents this type of thing happened repeatedly all the time, admittedly sometimes your on the end that gets more CSR, but consistence is what I want. More problems occur when players leave. Many are now exploiting the system. A team with a smurf will wait for themselves to be up 4-0 or 4-1, then have the smurf leave the game and have the remaining players loose the next game on purpose, they will then hope to win one of the next games and revive a massive boost in rank for “winning” a 3-4. If they loose no rank because the system deems a 3-4 unfair. While the other team takes a massive hit in rank if they loose and nothing to minimum rank boost if they win. This is the most annoying kind of CSR exploit I’ve ever encountered and I don’t know what can be done about it but all I’m asking is some thought be put into how to better the system. Thanks for reading.
Perhaps you are playing against people who have lower ranks, and that is why you are not ranking up as quickly as you would like.
omarlotrc wrote:
Perhaps you are playing against people who have lower ranks, and that is why you are not ranking up as quickly as you would like.
I thought that too but not only were they mostly all diamonds, but on top of the CSR problem if I’m matching people that are significantly lower in rank for 5 games in a row, the matchmaking systems broken.
THOM 2917 wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
I thought that too but not only were they mostly all diamonds, but on top of the CSR problem if I’m matching people that are significantly lower in rank for 5 games in a row, the matchmaking systems broken.
Not necessarily. If the population of a playlist is low, it's possible to match people who are a little further away from your rank.
omarlotrc wrote:
THOM 2917 wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
Not necessarily. If the population of a playlist is low, it's possible to match people who are a little further away from your rank.
I understand this completely, but there is defiantly a problem when the matchmaking system says 1 Champ, 2 Plats, and a Gold, vs a Squad of Diamonds is a fair match. Prioritize fair matches over fast ones, and if not at least give the player an option to switch between fast and fair.
THOM 2917 wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
THOM 2917 wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
I understand this completely, but there is defiantly a problem when the matchmaking system says 1 Champ, 2 Plats, and a Gold, vs a Squad of Diamonds is a fair match. Prioritize fair matches over fast ones, and if not at least give the player an option to switch between fast and fair.
I think it calculates the skill of the team as a whole.
omarlotrc wrote:
THOM 2917 wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
THOM 2917 wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
I think it calculates the skill of the team as a whole.
It does calculate the score, it uses the sum of the players' MMR scores as the team's ratings. That's probably why the champ and the gold offset to be closer to diamond.
The only possible solution would be matching peeople that are a lower rank than you
THOM 2917 wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
THOM 2917 wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
In that particular playlist, selecting "fair" in your scenario means you would never play.
Elimination's CSR system is broken but, not in the same way as you are saying. It is actually to easy to rank up. It would take me a while to reach Onyx is Slayer the same is not the case for Elimination. I even have friends who are Champ in that playlist and they are worse than I am.