Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

Fix your matchmaking Menke

OP Xomet

I should not have to play on unbalanced teams that are so skewed in favor of the other team. For instance I was playing rig strongholds on an alternate account and my opponents were snakebite, saiyan and Neptune who are 3 top pros vs me and 3 random players who are not nearly as skilled. Keep in mind this is in the soloQ playlist which means one of them was searching by themselves. This isn’t just a one time thing either, this happens way too often and I don’t understand why you continue to let this happen.
Lucky you, I can even get a game unless I choose randomly to play whatever it wants to load me into.
just want halo 2 mp.
Fix mp stat trackers for a achievements too, without them it gives even less enthusiasm to play mp.
Xomet wrote:
I should not have to play on unbalanced teams that are so skewed in favor of the other team. For instance I was playing rig strongholds on an alternate account and my opponents were snakebite, saiyan and Neptune who are 3 top pros vs me and 3 random players who are not nearly as skilled. Keep in mind this is in the soloQ playlist which means one of them was searching by themselves. This isn’t just a one time thing either, this happens way too often and I don’t understand why you continue to let this happen.
If you're playing on an alt account then you're already messing with the matchmaking formula yourself. Also, if you actually want 343 to look into this, you should probably include the name of that account so that the match records can be checked.
DoubleSama wrote:
Xomet wrote:
If you're playing on an alt account then you're already messing with the matchmaking formula yourself. Also, if you actually want 343 to look into this, you should probably include the name of that account so that the match records can be checked.
My Alt is champ in that playlist so it is not affecting the matchmaking formula in that aspect, the problem is that my teammates were either diamond or low onyx and were completely outmatched by our opponents in that regard
Xomet wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
Xomet wrote:
My Alt is champ in that playlist so it is not affecting the matchmaking formula in that aspect, the problem is that my teammates were either diamond or low onyx and were completely outmatched by our opponents in that regard
Those ranks make sense to me. There can only be 200 champs in any playlist. That's a small population to matchmake with, so it only makes sense for it to have to dip into onyx and diamond players to fill a game.
DoubleSama wrote:
Xomet wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
Xomet wrote:
Those ranks make sense to me. There can only be 200 champs in any playlist. That's a small population to matchmake with, so it only makes sense for it to have to dip into onyx and diamond players to fill a game.
But the issue is the fact that there are three pros on one team and it is in the solo Q playlist so I should be allowed to have one pro to balance out the game
Skill based matchmaking is probably here to stay, unfortunately.
Legitsky wrote:
Skill based matchmaking is probably here to stay, unfortunately.
This is just so funny to read. Matchmaking should not be any other way, especially in ranked.