[Locked] Friendly fire isn't. 343...

OP Yautja Guardian

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 26
So recently halo 5 launched, in my opinion not the best launch than say halo 3's.Anyway halo 4 had one of the best things in multiplayer and that was turning OFF friendly fire to prevent TEAM BETRAYALS. Including and not limited to idiots purposely shooting team mates or throwing grenades with reckless abandon with friendlies in the same area or room. Wiping their shields for easy enemy kills. The worst is betraying others for power weapons or vehicles. Halo 4 did the right thing.. Then comes Halo 5 strutting its stuff and what happens? yup.. Betrayal! Lost the lead! ENEMY NEARING VICTORY! Just for the sake of 343 not keeping friendly fire OFF to prevent silly people being trigger happy or grenade chugging with reckless abandon. Hopefully it gets sorted but either it gets turned off OR we get the chance to boot perpetraitors there and then rather than 'repeated betrayals or team killing'. Yes there is the fact they could just wipe your shields and get away with it as it isn't classed as a betrayal. But then if thats the case just turn the damn thing off simple. Note i am sort of enjoying Halo 5 ( Elite community side i am.) just not being on the recieving end of Friendly fire or team killing. Remember folks, FRIENDLY FIRE ISN'T.
guardians of solaris can vouch on that from previous encounters and we play with him so it is a fact and also to point out it mostly seems to happen on arena and not so much on warzone a game mode where betrayals are eminent so kind of says a lot.
"Remember kids ..."
I know what you mean, some guy accidentally tossed a grenade at a start of a match killing another teammate, he had a mic at the time. The guy who was betrayed started cursing and yelling swears to the whole team saying how we were all trash. Then he continued to keep jumping off the side of the rig to try and penalize us.

Funny thing is, me and the rest of the team were able to pull a close win even with our handicap, it was an amazing 50-48 game. But yeah, I don't know what 343 were thinking... Do they think this appeals to the old crowd or something? I remember on the forums before Halo 4 came out that people were complaining they turned off friendly fire. And with those Splinter nades, everything is worse. This is a big problem in the game.
guardians of solaris can vouch on that from previous encounters and we play with him so it is a fact and also to point out it mostly seems to happen on arena and not so much on warzone a game mode where betrayals are eminent so kind of says a lot.
War zone doesn't have friendly fire
The most annoying thing is how easy it is for team mates to splatter you in warzone.
No. If you want to play with friendly fire off, you have Warzone and Free-for-all. No friendly fire makes for an entirely mindless shot/nade/melee spam-fest.
via vehicle deaths)
Friendly fire is disabled on Warzone, except for if its like a full head on splatter from a vehicle. But friendly fire should be a thing for both modes for parity across the game.

lol, just saw your next post. Nevermind. XD
Its very easy to not kill your teammates: Watch your shots and nades. Friendly fire belongs in Halo. Get over it.
erm considering when your scoping with a br on breakout and you get Spartan charged as no rader and shot at for a weapon you try having that a lot on arena then come back saying that.
Ah, so there are still people who believe Friendly Fire belongs in Halo. Lolxd.
Accio Beer wrote:
Its very easy to not kill your teammates: Watch your shots and nades. Friendly fire belongs in Halo. Get over it.
It's easy to not betray others, sure. But when incompetant teammates run into your grenades or betray you for bombs, flags, vehicles, power weapons, Ect. then it's a different story... Did you even read the OP?
Accio Beer wrote:
Tell that advice to the trigger happy grenade spammers, I have NEVER betrayed on Halo 5. i make the call if i throw a grenade in a room with a friendly in i don't. I will run in and shoot the ENEMY NOT THE FRIENDLY.
Ah, so there are still people who believe Friendly Fire belongs in Halo. Lolxd.
Accio Beer wrote:
It's easy to not betray others, sure. But when incompetant teammates run into your grenades or betray you for bombs, flags, vehicles, power weapons, Ect. then it's a different story... Did you even read the OP?
Are you suggesting games should be designed around the most incompetent of players? FF belongs in Halo. Kudos to 343 for going against the casual current here.
Let them betray you! They'll get banned! Problem solved! Its not hard.
Accio Beer wrote:
Tell that advice to the trigger happy grenade spammers, I have NEVER betrayed on Halo 5. i make the call if i throw a grenade in a room with a friendly in i don't. I will run in and shoot the ENEMY NOT THE FRIENDLY.
LOL...when FF is disabled EVERYBODY becomes a trigger happy grenade spammer. Please let Halo 4 remain in its grave.
No. If you want to play with friendly fire off, you have Warzone and Free-for-all. No friendly fire makes for an entirely mindless shot/nade/melee spam-fest.
which it is
Are you people honestly suggesting to turn friendly fire off in arena?

You guys do realize that will cause a myriad of problems rather then solve them. Instead of sometimes killing your teammates by accident, now you'd be able to SPAM explosives and grenades on a teammate while he's fighting people in CQC or just fighting across the map. You'd be able to put a ROCKET on your team if they are in a brawl-fest with the enemy team and reap the rewards, with none of the consequences.

It sucks when you get betrayed, but the alternative is just stupid.
Accio Beer wrote:
Let them betray you! They'll get banned! Problem solved! Its not hard.
But how can you if they only do it one or maybe twice or shoot you to get the br etc, but cause the kick penalty is not strict we cant do anything and it should stay for things like griffball, ctf and other objective game types as then people cant troll with hiding the bomb or not scoring the flag etc.
But the banning process in its current state of the game, does not work as it is intended. There will always be players like this. It's better to not be able to be betrayed rather then booting someone off your team or continuing to stick around only to be constantly betrayed.

And if people become grenade spammy and trigger happy, at least it won't effect you if FF is on. Does it not?

Let FF back in the game in a limited capacity. Let them be killed by explosions or something, but don't let them betray you when you have a flag or something. And don't let them be killed by the remaining splinters of a splinter grenade.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 26