2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 26
All I can say when reading some of these comments is. Do you all find trolls in Halo 5? Cause i've only found like 2 memorable betrayals and trolls out of 118 games. Which is well, that's only 1.64% of all games found. Yeah splatters happen in Halo 5, but they also happened in Reach. I mean seriously you must have to treat your friends like -Yoink- if they keep killing you on your team, or you're either lonely as -Yoink-.
lonely as -Yoink- here
I think having friendly fire on is probably a good thing this game already has grenade spamming as it is and turning off FF would only make this worse with people being able to lob grenades left right and centre knowing that they will not harm their team mates
Accio Beer wrote:
Its very easy to not kill your teammates: Watch your shots and nades. Friendly fire belongs in Halo. Get over it.
Well said and words to live by....
Friendly fire is good the way it is, turned on in Arena and turned off in Warzone. You can however still be splattered in warzone, but this is because splatter is environmental damage which should not be turned off.
I think 343 is gonna keep this around for the same reason bungie made Atheons transport grabs random, so you build a fireteam not just a group of randoms.
I'm only getting killed by teammates who run me over to take my Power Weapons.
It's fine the way it is..have only betrayed 1 team mate so far thanks to ground pound
FF is classic Halo so I 100% want it to remain the way it is. Personally I can't stand them FPS games where FF is turned off as it just promotes explosive spamming and more Rambo mentality.
Tbh I don't get why friendly fire is on..

I get get it being on in arena because it's more competitive but warzone?! Why!
I think friendly fire has to be turned on or things would be too chaotic. There just needs to be a better system to discourage or prevent teammates from killing team mates for weapons, vehicles, etc.
Accio Beer wrote:
Its very easy to not kill your teammates: Watch your shots and nades. Friendly fire belongs in Halo. Get over it.
Well said and words to live by....
Agreed. Just make your shots count.
as far back as i remember halo has always had FF, the people sho cant help but betray will get kicked. turning off FF will lead to people sticking teammates for them to run into the enemy team and detonate, it will lead to mass grenades in a room because well, you just dont die to your own teams nades. it shouldnt be removed as it will cause cheeseball tactics like ive mentioned to become the norm. accidental betrayal is kinda funny at times anyway, for example i stuck someone pointblank then boosted backwards to get out of the blast only for my teammate to run up behind my opponent and spartan charge, the now stickied corpse flies into my face and kills me, priceless, counted as a suicide though.

TL:DR ,FF stops cheeseball tactics and promotes trigger discipline in games. unless the person is doing it purposefully.
Friendly fire adds to the skill gap. It ensures that you have to be careful around your teammates.

Removing friendly fire removes part of the skill gap.
I think 343 is gonna keep this around for the same reason bungie made Atheons transport grabs random, so you build a fireteam not just a group of randoms.
Atheon "tripped" off the edge. Those were the days...
I know what you mean I got killed like 4 times in one match and it said 'betrayed.' They should keep it off it's annoying.
Yeah they should tweak Warzone so that you can't betray with vehicles. Between teammates running in my way and teammates accidentally attacking me, I've had enough.
Atheon "tripped" off the edge. Those were the days...
I was never able to get into raids back then. I did appreciate the fact that one of the Halloween quests was to wear an Atheon mask and "trip" (jump) off the tower though, lol.
Rush in when I'm a tossing made=your fault...rush in and I will take out ur shields noob, learn to stay back shoot analyze and then toss but if your a run and gun type your doing it wrong
guardians of solaris can vouch on that from previous encounters and we play with him so it is a fact and also to point out it mostly seems to happen on arena and not so much on warzone a game mode where betrayals are eminent so kind of says a lot.
Nevermint.
I've accidentally betrayed a couple spartans because the nimrods walk in from of me while I'm firing an explosive or something like that -.-
As to being betrayed, it seems to be mainly in control, but I have been betrayed by a couple guys who think they're sooooo funny.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 26