Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

[Locked] Friendly fire isn't. 343...

OP I Vakrian I

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 26
Friendly fire should be turned off. tired of the bs excuses like "oh well he will stick a grenade to his teammates head to walk into room to kill enemies". yeah how many times does that happen compared to -Yoinks!- killing you for sniper rifle? If you support FF on you are just the enablers.
I definitely agree with this.
I tend to be very clumsy with grenades and railguns, so I think that friendly fire should be turned off
Seriously people spend 3 years complaining that Halo 4 and MCC had friendlyfire off, so 343 turn it on and Bam, 3 years af people complaining that Halo 5 has Freindlyfire on. Seriously Waypoint forums?
The most annoying thing is how easy it is for team mates to splatter you in warzone.
So true. I must die at least 2-4 times each warzone match from an idiot teammate simply driving through me. Should be able to kick for it. Funniest part is that i boost into an enemy who doesn't die then get brushed none boost by teammate and die. Lol
yeah I hate betrayals the ban hammer doesnt stop it and I got banned for team killing coz I through a grenade and an idiot team mate jumped into it and I was sniping and my team mate walked in front of me when I had an enemy lined up for the shot, resulting in a friendly headshot kill.
I have to agree, I get people all the time that just to be trolls will follow me around the map melee me once to get my shields down, and theres nothing I can do about it.
Those moaning about friendly fire being on should just stick to Warzone where skill isn't required.

Halo is already enough of a nade fest as it is.

Those complaining of strangers murdering you for your power weapons... plug your mics in and find good people to team up with.
JOLTLORD wrote:
Seriously people spend 3 years complaining that Halo 4 and MCC had friendlyfire off, so 343 turn it on and Bam, 3 years af people complaining that Halo 5 has Freindlyfire on. Seriously Waypoint forums?
there is a difference, those people that complain do it for the power weapons. they want 343 to turn it on so they can kill peopel for power weapons. they know that sometimes you can find loops into not gettign kicked for betrayal. i knew a glitch back in halo 2 MP that allowed you to kill your teammates and no count against you. halo 3 there was a way to make yourself virtually unbootable even when you got the option. but even if there was no exploit, all they need is 1 betrayal for a weapon. by the time that player responds the -Yoink- is miles away. also this always works in every halo game so you can kill you teammates without it counting as a betrayal. you hope someone on the enemy team damages the get with the PW so you can kill them. if you do it won't count as a betrayal. people do it more now thanks to achievements and commendation etc. more XP and RP sure why not you benefit, -Yoink- the team and winning. its all about those points to them. this is why i want blacklists in Halo, completely block the person from beign ever lined up with either with or against you in a game and also if enough players do it that not only will he be blocked from alot of players but than he will be punished and not allowed to play temporarily banning him and it can only be done by recent players so no one can get friends to spam. build enough of a rep and your punished. unlike the stupid rep xbox has that does nothing but tell people he is has a bad rep. but no one checks that and its not like you can back out to lobby you have to quit, and that will piss off another group of halo players too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgFZlbeqAYU

BTW 343 hasnt been making halo games for 6 years.
SBFC Boyd wrote:
Those moaning about friendly fire being on should just stick to Warzone where skill isn't required.

Halo is already enough of a nade fest as it is.

Those complaining of strangers murdering you for your power weapons... plug your mics in and find good people to team up with.
your argument is invalid, therefore you have no say.
Loco Monkey Ro here from Raptor Brothel
I know the grenades can be a bit too much at times, both teams lobbing them everywhere and 1/2 of your teams grenades winding up at your feet. but betrayals have been a large part of Halo for a while, and it makes sense: shooting a person in he dead causes damage even if they are wearing the same color as you. It's a play style people will just need to keep in mind and try to not snipe the wrong person, but above all, it wouldn't be a game if it was taken too seriously. and there is nothing more fun then loading a warthog full of your friends and driving it off the nearest cliff while singing "AND IIIIIIII, WILL ALLWAYS LOVE YOUUU.." as you all plummet to a fiery death. as annoying as it can be from randos, betrayals as a key mechanic for your gameplay and one that should be enjoyed responsibly.
Loco Monkey Ro here from Raptor Brothel
I know the grenades can be a bit too much at times, both teams lobbing them everywhere and 1/2 of your teams grenades winding up at your feet. but betrayals have been a large part of Halo for a while, and it makes sense: shooting a person in he dead causes damage even if they are wearing the same color as you. It's a play style people will just need to keep in mind and try to not snipe the wrong person, but above all, it wouldn't be a game if it was taken too seriously. and there is nothing more fun then loading a warthog full of your friends and driving it off the nearest cliff while singing "AND IIIIIIII, WILL ALLWAYS LOVE YOUUU.." as you all plummet to a fiery death. as annoying as it can be from randos, betrayals as a key mechanic for your gameplay and one that should be enjoyed responsibly.
dude we arent getting sciency here, most fps games do it too because of this bs, unless its hardcore, which is fair enough, it needs to off. it does more damage than good. as i pointed out it was completely exploited in halo 2 and 3 so much so thats why it was turned off. in halo reach dont even get me started. in some game modes it either took 3 betrayals or if you took turns betraying the person it would reset so player 1 betrays player 3 and than player two betrays player 3 than player 1 got to betray player 3 again. or if player 2 betrayed player 1 than player 3 betrayed player 2 than player 1 betrayed player 3 was okay. see how complicated that gets. simple solution, no betrayal allowed. Dont use the fallacy of "well it was there in the begging" its stuff liek that that even in real world progress cant be made because people use that excuse. They put it in there, it didnt work so they removed it, but a few people who betray because they need the power weapon went on here with multiple accounts to look like the majority to get 343 to overturn it.

Also that last part shows me why we need to get rid of it so peopel like you dont pull that bs. if you want to do that with your friends, fine let them hate you but not people that are trying to PTFO.

If you want to argue science we can say "the UNCE made special design enhancements to weapons to make bullets not harm teammates,." again this is scifi. we can bend the rules. Also its not an actual battle but a "simulation" so there for again its excused. welcome to the world of scifi.
Sgt Fergus wrote:
Friendly fire should be turned off. tired of the bs excuses like "oh well he will stick a grenade to his teammates head to walk into room to kill enemies". yeah how many times does that happen compared to -Yoinks!- killing you for sniper rifle? If you support FF on you are just the enablers.
I disagree, I have not encountered FF for power weapons in upper tier ranks. FF has always been apart of Halo until Halo 4 and that multiplayer died faster than any other Halo game. Please let Halo 4, no FF, lay to rest and not revive it from the grave. FF is a staple for Team Arena and 343 did the right thing to have FF in this playlist. If you are so worried about getting FF, I bet you can recruit 3 other people from this forum to play with you. Please don't ruin the playlist for others because you do not want to make an effort to play with others.
Sgt Fergus wrote:
SBFC Boyd wrote:
Those moaning about friendly fire being on should just stick to Warzone where skill isn't required.

Halo is already enough of a nade fest as it is.

Those complaining of strangers murdering you for your power weapons... plug your mics in and find good people to team up with.
your argument is invalid, therefore you have no say.
This is a very ignorant post. Everyone has their own opinion, and if you can't listen to it then you should not be commenting on the forums.
Im on boths sides here i like thr frendly fire on but with the new granades ( Splinter i think ? ) i Sometimes get the Betrayal because some idiot has walked into the aftermath of the the grenade !
It is simple either turn FF off for modes like breakout and that and keep on for objective modes due to hogging bomb/flag etc or give you the kick option every time your betrayed, not hard.
Quote:
I disagree, I have not encountered FF for power weapons in upper tier ranks. FF has always been apart of Halo until Halo 4 and that multiplayer died faster than any other Halo game. Please let Halo 4, no FF, lay to rest and not revive it from the grave. FF is a staple for Team Arena and 343 did the right thing to have FF in this playlist. If you are so worried about getting FF, I bet you can recruit 3 other people from this forum to play with you. Please don't ruin the playlist for others because you do not want to make an effort to play with others.
You have committed 4 fallacies. 1) your personal experience does not express the experiences of others. as you can clearly see in in this forum you are a manority most hate it and say differently. you are not the decider. 2) just because it was there orignally there for it makes it okay. by that same logic we must bring back the halo 1 pistil that was a god gun. 3) you assume i can get a team of 4 from a forum but false i have posted 2 times for campaign and neither tiem did i get anyone to join so your arguement again is invalid and made on assaumptions that you cant prove that i already did. 40 halo 4 died because of many things it had nothign to do with FF. that is a huge fallacy and you need to look them up so you stop committing them because they make your arguement invalid. Also the only one ruining people's experiences are people like you supporting this bs.
Quote:
This is a very ignorant post. Everyone has their own opinion, and if you can't listen to it then you should not be commenting on the forums.
i have listen to this same arguement and they have never ones been able to counter my claims. you guys say the same bs repetitively and in a debate you would lose since you cant argue anythign else. as i just proved getting a team of 4 people takes too much time and must times doesnt fall through. i have done this since the days of halo 2. i am a halo vet so i know what im talking. so coem to me with a better arguement. than ones i have disclaimed for years.
Sgt Fergus wrote:
SBFC Boyd wrote:
Those moaning about friendly fire being on should just stick to Warzone where skill isn't required.

Halo is already enough of a nade fest as it is.

Those complaining of strangers murdering you for your power weapons... plug your mics in and find good people to team up with.
your argument is invalid, therefore you have no say.
How so then? Sounds like you don't have a comeback so I'd say it is pretty valid... you also don't look very good at the game.

Assuming it is invalid in your opinion because you are a horrible person and no one wants to team up with you so you're left to play with others like you?
It is simple either turn FF off for modes like breakout and that and keep on for objective modes due to hogging bomb/flag etc or give you the kick option every time your betrayed, not hard.
if FF were to stay it it must, and mean MUST, be an option after every betrayal. but the option must be in the menus so no happy button smasher just presses it without thinking, maybe it was an accident, if you present them with an option they will. thats a social experiment that every time they will do it. so if you hide it in the menus and they know they want to kick this guy for betrayal. that than that person will go in the menu to kick them, unlike having it on the screen because people will press it for the sake of pressing it to get it out of the way. but i still dont agree because there are games where the victory is assured i go in with rockets, whoot kill the enemy player but my noob of a teammate runs in on my RL or Grenade or some explosive not aware of his surroundings and gets himself killed as well in the process. i even had a match in MCC i forgot to keep that i was lined up with a party of idiots. who got in the way every time. and i betrayed 3 of them but i won the game capturing all the flags. and they are like "why are you a team killer noob" and i was like "noob? i got all the flags and killed all the enemy vehicles with tanks and rockets and you idiots manage to walk into my explosions with sword after the 3rd tank round and clearly say i was shoot there and you ran in fro ma mile shoot so before i could even react my shoot was already travellign, than your buddy walks out in the open blocking my path for the warthog and your idiot friend flew the hornet infront of my rocket in mid flight aswell. he clearly saw it on the other side of avalanche but didnt bother to get out of the way and looked straight at it so i blew him up aswell as the enemy hornet. you guys are morons"
Good thing Friendly fire got removed cause i hate getting killed by my team mates for no reason. especially when they decide to join the other team.
I think they should definitely turn friendly fire off just like H4...
SBFC Boyd wrote:
Sgt Fergus wrote:
SBFC Boyd wrote:
Those moaning about friendly fire being on should just stick to Warzone where skill isn't required.

Halo is already enough of a nade fest as it is.

Those complaining of strangers murdering you for your power weapons... plug your mics in and find good people to team up with.
your argument is invalid, therefore you have no say.
How so then? Sounds like you don't have a comeback so I'd say it is pretty valid... you also don't look very good at the game.

Assuming it is invalid in your opinion because you are a horrible person and no one wants to team up with you so you're left to play with others like you?
Clearly you only read your own posts. i already stated in like last 3 post exactly why so you can go back and reread im not retyping because you didnt bother to read all my post which are all on this page. and -Yoink- please your record is -Yoink- too so dont even start. most of mine arent even recorded because thanks to the bad recording on this game, that i made a post about aswell. all my good games about 2/3 to 3/4 didnt even get recorded. only my average get recorded. Ans again as i told the other person. do not commit fallacies. unless you have an argument do not try character attacks as you have no other argument.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 26