Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

[Locked] Friendly fire isn't. 343...

OP Yautja Guardian

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 26
this make the game more realistic for me kid...
Quote:
The spartans never die
They're just eating tacos
I know what you mean, some guy accidentally tossed a grenade at a start of a match killing another teammate, he had a mic at the time. The guy who was betrayed started cursing and yelling swears to the whole team saying how we were all trash. Then he continued to keep jumping off the side of the rig to try and penalize us.

Funny thing is, me and the rest of the team were able to pull a close win even with our handicap, it was an amazing 50-48 game. But yeah, I don't know what 343 were thinking... Do they think this appeals to the old crowd or something? I remember on the forums before Halo 4 came out that people were complaining they turned off friendly fire. And with those Splinter nades, everything is worse. This is a big problem in the game.
I once threw a grenade in breakout across the map... somehow it killed a teammate. He must have sprinted up to the grenade or something....
Ooddloop wrote:
this make the game more realistic for me kid...
Quote:
The spartans never die
They're just eating tacos
MORE REALISTIC? son you are talking about a SCIFI GAME. That alone makes your argument invalid.

this here makes any argument about "well in real life you can/cant do this" in scifi invalid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E-YkAk0ZOA we literally use this for every scifi movie, tv show, and game. serious in REAL LIFE cortana would be dead "well this slipspace thing happened..." nope and chief could not survive a nuke as a shield bridge is not that powerful. but again SCIFI

Here is the excuse to get rid of FF "well the UNCS is using simulations not real battles so therefore they cant shoot there own teammate. and in the real combat we use special rounds now, both human and alien, that dont inflict damage to teammates because of flux capacitor reasons" the end.
Halo Community are such hypocrites.

When the beta first launched, friendly fire was OFF for EVERYTHING! No playlist that happened had friendly fire on at all. It only turned on when an enemy was nearby, and even then it didn't turn on all the time. The Halo Community complained and complained about why there was no friendly fire. So 343 listened to you guys.

Now friendly fire is off, and you guys complain? C'mon, shape up. You guys hated Halo 2 when it came out, hated 3 when it came out, ODST, Reach and 4, now 5. I'm sure when 6 drops, you guys will complain about 6 and praise 5.
Dodger9296 wrote:
Halo Community are such hypocrites.

When the beta first launched, friendly fire was OFF for EVERYTHING! No playlist that happened had friendly fire on at all. It only turned on when an enemy was nearby, and even then it didn't turn on all the time. The Halo Community complained and complained about why there was no friendly fire. So 343 listened to you guys.

Now friendly fire is off, and you guys complain? C'mon, shape up. You guys hated Halo 2 when it came out, hated 3 when it came out, ODST, Reach and 4, now 5. I'm sure when 6 drops, you guys will complain about 6 and praise 5.
nope not entirely. the beta had even numbers but i spotted duplicate accounts to argue for turning it on because the ones saying keep it off we winning. but also after that most people liked that it was off so there was no need to argue to keep it off. only those tryign to get power weapons and need to kill their teammates argued to turn them on. i liked the original halos but not for its FF. its story i liked. i hated gettign knocked out of zoom mode and standing up ever tiem a PP shot me it made no logical sense at all.
You win some you lose some.
Sgt Fergus wrote:
SBFC Boyd wrote:
Sgt Fergus wrote:
SBFC Boyd wrote:
Those moaning about friendly fire being on should just stick to Warzone where skill isn't required.

Halo is already enough of a nade fest as it is.

Those complaining of strangers murdering you for your power weapons... plug your mics in and find good people to team up with.
Clearly you only read your own posts. i already stated in like last 3 post exactly why so you can go back and reread im not retyping because you didnt bother to read all my post which are all on this page. and -Yoink- please your record is -Yoink- too so dont even start. most of mine arent even recorded because thanks to the bad recording on this game, that i made a post about aswell. all my good games about 2/3 to 3/4 didnt even get recorded. only my average get recorded. Ans again as i told the other person. do not commit fallacies. unless you have an argument do not try character attacks as you have no other argument.
Your 'arguments' are as simple as "I don't like it, take it out the game".
Halo is a team game, play it as a team or just stick to FFA which sounds like is what best suits your selfish ideas anyway.
Sgt Fergus wrote:
Quote:
I disagree, I have not encountered FF for power weapons in upper tier ranks. FF has always been apart of Halo until Halo 4 and that multiplayer died faster than any other Halo game. Please let Halo 4, no FF, lay to rest and not revive it from the grave. FF is a staple for Team Arena and 343 did the right thing to have FF in this playlist. If you are so worried about getting FF, I bet you can recruit 3 other people from this forum to play with you. Please don't ruin the playlist for others because you do not want to make an effort to play with others.
You have committed 4 fallacies. 1) your personal experience does not express the experiences of others. as you can clearly see in in this forum you are a manority most hate it and say differently. you are not the decider. 2) just because it was there orignally there for it makes it okay. by that same logic we must bring back the halo 1 pistil that was a god gun. 3) you assume i can get a team of 4 from a forum but false i have posted 2 times for campaign and neither tiem did i get anyone to join so your arguement again is invalid and made on assaumptions that you cant prove that i already did. 40 halo 4 died because of many things it had nothign to do with FF. that is a huge fallacy and you need to look them up so you stop committing them because they make your arguement invalid. Also the only one ruining people's experiences are people like you supporting this bs.
Quote:
This is a very ignorant post. Everyone has their own opinion, and if you can't listen to it then you should not be commenting on the forums.
i have listen to this same arguement and they have never ones been able to counter my claims. you guys say the same bs repetitively and in a debate you would lose since you cant argue anythign else. as i just proved getting a team of 4 people takes too much time and must times doesnt fall through. i have done this since the days of halo 2. i am a halo vet so i know what im talking. so coem to me with a better arguement. than ones i have disclaimed for years.
If you want someone to take a rebuttal seriously, please use correct grammar, but you requested an argument and you will receive one.
  1. Everyone is using their personal experiences with the betrayals, I guess they don't express experiences of others. Then this whole post's argument is invalid in regards to this comment you have made. You, yourself are using personal experiences to provide examples of when YOU were betrayed during a Halo game.Also, do you know that the minority of the game population actually come to the forums and comment? So really it's the minority of the minority of people who are complaining about Friendly Fire. I would not want you to run my business because you would run it down to the ground trying to cater the vocal minority of your customers.
  2. With this argument, I guess they should just remove shields, grenades, melees, and every other mechanic that started with H:CE. 343 removed friendly fire for H4 and the majority of the minority people on the forums requested that this feature would be implemented again. After many discussion posts, 343 finally realized that they made a major mistake in removing the FF from the 4v4 playlists. I agree that FF should be removed from BTB and Warzone, because there are a lot of silly people out there that play this game. P.S. I would LOVE the OG Halo Magnum to come back because that is and will always be the best Halo of all time.
  3. Why would anyone want to team up and play campaign with some random? I'm talking about teaming up for multiplayer team arena. I've created 4 different teams from recruiting people on these forums. Sure it takes a little bit of time, but hey guess what, the return on investment is large, because now you can play with that person again after that.
  4. Halo 4 died because the multiplayer focused solely on the casual gamer who just wants to sign on and have a fun time and not play to win. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, I to want to play games casually, but I also love playing Halo competitive. (I get my sweat gear on). There does need a balance of social playlists (were FF can be turned off because it's a casual playlist) and competitive (where FF should be on).
  5. The only thing that ruining this experience are the people who are betraying you when you get a power weapon. Not the people who are defending to keep FF in the competitive playlists.
  6. The people who complain about FF always bring up the same argument. I pick up power weapon, my team mate kills me, I complain on the forums because there was a guy who killed me because I had a power weapon. Instead taking time to complain on the forum, which takes more time than recruiting people to play with you.
I hope you use spell check when you respond.
Dodger9296 wrote:
Halo Community are such hypocrites.

When the beta first launched, friendly fire was OFF for EVERYTHING! No playlist that happened had friendly fire on at all. It only turned on when an enemy was nearby, and even then it didn't turn on all the time. The Halo Community complained and complained about why there was no friendly fire. So 343 listened to you guys.

Now friendly fire is off, and you guys complain? C'mon, shape up. You guys hated Halo 2 when it came out, hated 3 when it came out, ODST, Reach and 4, now 5. I'm sure when 6 drops, you guys will complain about 6 and praise 5.
Uhmm you do realize that people have different opinions right? Not really, most people here dont.

The Halo community is not a person, its millions of players with different opinions and visions, so of course there will be people complaining, no matter if FF is off or on.
As much as I realize how annoying betrayals can be, friendly fire is a must. You should not be able to nade spam a room occupied by your teamates and the enemy and not have your team take any damage.

Friendly fire is a tactical ingredient that forces teams to second guess throwing that nade at everything.

Betraying is not a 343 problem. It's a people problem.
SBFC Boyd wrote:
Sgt Fergus wrote:
SBFC Boyd wrote:
Sgt Fergus wrote:
SBFC Boyd wrote:
Those moaning about friendly fire being on should just stick to Warzone where skill isn't required.

Halo is already enough of a nade fest as it is.

Those complaining of strangers murdering you for your power weapons... plug your mics in and find good people to team up with.
Clearly you only read your own posts. i already stated in like last 3 post exactly why so you can go back and reread im not retyping because you didnt bother to read all my post which are all on this page. and -Yoink- please your record is -Yoink- too so dont even start. most of mine arent even recorded because thanks to the bad recording on this game, that i made a post about aswell. all my good games about 2/3 to 3/4 didnt even get recorded. only my average get recorded. Ans again as i told the other person. do not commit fallacies. unless you have an argument do not try character attacks as you have no other argument.
Your 'arguments' are as simple as "I don't like it, take it out the game".
Halo is a team game, play it as a team or just stick to FFA which sounds like is what best suits your selfish ideas anyway.
nope, you didnt bother to read my other post, so you arent getting a response. again you committed a fallacy. fix the game all will be happy, you will learn to deal with it like you did in halo 4.
Sgt Fergus wrote:
SBFC Boyd wrote:
Sgt Fergus wrote:
SBFC Boyd wrote:
Sgt Fergus wrote:
SBFC Boyd wrote:
Those moaning about friendly fire being on should just stick to Warzone where skill isn't required.

Halo is already enough of a nade fest as it is.

Those complaining of strangers murdering you for your power weapons... plug your mics in and find good people to team up with.
Clearly you only read your own posts. i already stated in like last 3 post exactly why so you can go back and reread im not retyping because you didnt bother to read all my post which are all on this page. and -Yoink- please your record is -Yoink- too so dont even start. most of mine arent even recorded because thanks to the bad recording on this game, that i made a post about aswell. all my good games about 2/3 to 3/4 didnt even get recorded. only my average get recorded. Ans again as i told the other person. do not commit fallacies. unless you have an argument do not try character attacks as you have no other argument.
Your 'arguments' are as simple as "I don't like it, take it out the game".
Halo is a team game, play it as a team or just stick to FFA which sounds like is what best suits your selfish ideas anyway.
nope, you didnt bother to read my other post, so you arent getting a response. again you committed a fallacy. fix the game all will be happy, you will learn to deal with it like you did in halo 4.
The game is fixed and like it used to be. You stick to FFA and stop trying to wreck the fun of slayer for us social types who do have friends to play with.
Sgt Fergus wrote:
Dodger9296 wrote:
Halo Community are such hypocrites.

When the beta first launched, friendly fire was OFF for EVERYTHING! No playlist that happened had friendly fire on at all. It only turned on when an enemy was nearby, and even then it didn't turn on all the time. The Halo Community complained and complained about why there was no friendly fire. So 343 listened to you guys.

Now friendly fire is off, and you guys complain? C'mon, shape up. You guys hated Halo 2 when it came out, hated 3 when it came out, ODST, Reach and 4, now 5. I'm sure when 6 drops, you guys will complain about 6 and praise 5.
nope not entirely. the beta had even numbers but i spotted duplicate accounts to argue for turning it on because the ones saying keep it off we winning. but also after that most people liked that it was off so there was no need to argue to keep it off. only those tryign to get power weapons and need to kill their teammates argued to turn them on. i liked the original halos but not for its FF. its story i liked. i hated gettign knocked out of zoom mode and standing up ever tiem a PP shot me it made no logical sense at all.
Run with friends then. Its what I do. It seems to work with me because I've won more games than you and played more games than you so...
Not to long ago in warzone i ran over 2 of my friends who were in my party and fireteam on march on stormbreak. To say the least we lol'd our heads off...
No. If you want to play with friendly fire off, you have Warzone and Free-for-all. No friendly fire makes for an entirely mindless shot/nade/melee spam-fest.
That is what it already is...
Dodger9296 wrote:
Sgt Fergus wrote:
Dodger9296 wrote:
Halo Community are such hypocrites.

When the beta first launched, friendly fire was OFF for EVERYTHING! No playlist that happened had friendly fire on at all. It only turned on when an enemy was nearby, and even then it didn't turn on all the time. The Halo Community complained and complained about why there was no friendly fire. So 343 listened to you guys.

Now friendly fire is off, and you guys complain? C'mon, shape up. You guys hated Halo 2 when it came out, hated 3 when it came out, ODST, Reach and 4, now 5. I'm sure when 6 drops, you guys will complain about 6 and praise 5.
nope not entirely. the beta had even numbers but i spotted duplicate accounts to argue for turning it on because the ones saying keep it off we winning. but also after that most people liked that it was off so there was no need to argue to keep it off. only those tryign to get power weapons and need to kill their teammates argued to turn them on. i liked the original halos but not for its FF. its story i liked. i hated gettign knocked out of zoom mode and standing up ever tiem a PP shot me it made no logical sense at all.
Run with friends then. Its what I do. It seems to work with me because I've won more games than you and played more games than you so...
...so clearly I'm good, you're bad, its a game, and.... oh yeah, its a game. Why am I calling you bad?"

What is wrong with people.
bored28 wrote:
Dodger9296 wrote:
Sgt Fergus wrote:
Dodger9296 wrote:
Halo Community are such hypocrites.

When the beta first launched, friendly fire was OFF for EVERYTHING! No playlist that happened had friendly fire on at all. It only turned on when an enemy was nearby, and even then it didn't turn on all the time. The Halo Community complained and complained about why there was no friendly fire. So 343 listened to you guys.

Now friendly fire is off, and you guys complain? C'mon, shape up. You guys hated Halo 2 when it came out, hated 3 when it came out, ODST, Reach and 4, now 5. I'm sure when 6 drops, you guys will complain about 6 and praise 5.
nope not entirely. the beta had even numbers but i spotted duplicate accounts to argue for turning it on because the ones saying keep it off we winning. but also after that most people liked that it was off so there was no need to argue to keep it off. only those tryign to get power weapons and need to kill their teammates argued to turn them on. i liked the original halos but not for its FF. its story i liked. i hated gettign knocked out of zoom mode and standing up ever tiem a PP shot me it made no logical sense at all.
Run with friends then. Its what I do. It seems to work with me because I've won more games than you and played more games than you so...
...so clearly I'm good, you're bad, its a game, and.... oh yeah, its a game. Why am I calling you bad?"

What is wrong with people.
How was my comment related to you? I was mocking Fergus due to his earlier comments with other people. Why must this be about you? Have we all just dropped what we are doing and called you king?
Im sorry i have to disagree with you my friend, Its aggravating yes when a teammate kills you cause you got the energy sword (even known the only reason your KDR is the way it is because of close quarters) but it brings that whole aspect of war to the game and please tell me you're not the type of person to say "oh on a actual battlefield that would not kill you" because i have some bad news for you....
Why is this even an argument? FF has been in the Halo franchise ever sense the beginning of Halo multiplayer. I don't get why this s a problem now.
Accio Beer wrote:
Its very easy to not kill your teammates: Watch your shots and nades. Friendly fire belongs in Halo. Get over it.
Yes. It only takes some thought.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 26