2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 26
The only problem with limiting FF is sometimes people campus with flag and never cap so they can troll. Now I've dealt with FF since halo CE, whether it is on or not if someone is going to troll you they will find a way to do it I.e. jumping off map with power weapons, camping with flag/bomb, etc.
Well, the thing is, Arena is Definitely built around the idea of Team Work. It is pretty obvious that Arena was not designed around jumping in solo. 343 is really pushing for us to go in with a pre-made team and work together and communicate. It also encourages people to be aware of where they are tossing grenades and not just throw them where ever. There is a Risk to throwing your grenades.

For example: What if a team made a tactic where everyone but on player on the team tosses grenades into a room, while their team mate jumps in and cleans up with all the friendly grenades going off? If we had it to where grenades don't hurt team mates, than you would be seeing people coming after you in a blaze of glory as you are helpless against the player with their full shields.

Again, Arena is built around hardcore team play.

When the social playlists come in, I think they will have friendly fire off for those game types.
FF is not really that horrible usually. But occasionaly there're these trolls who is just annoying especially in CTF when you have the flag.
Allan BD wrote:
Let FF back in the game in a limited capacity. Let them be killed by explosions or something, but don't let them betray you when you have a flag or something. And don't let them be killed by the remaining splinters of a splinter grenade.

The only problem with this is sometimes people campus with flag and never cap so they can troll.
Agreed on that.
Not being funny but not everyone has active friends on halo every day 24/7 some of my friends have schoolwork/ work and other games etc. And we aint saying it should be all about us and not fair and that, but we do need a healthy balance where you can chill and play competitive like in the other halo games like some of the others said we are all different and true some of you have got lots of people to team up with that's great but even if I do have friends to play with I shouldn't have to go into breakout and worry about getting killed for a weapon and for those who are saying we are complaining about just weapons it has happened with flag, bomb and even vehicles as in reach. Grenades are a issue but that's a whole different thread for that, but for break out it should mainly be off as you only have one life and one betrayal can ruin the game for good other gamemodes have a very strict kick system and for those who think casual gamers have had there way we haven't I am in the middle but prefer fun modes as halo 3 and reach but since after halo 4 we started losing the fun aspects like custom games as no fileshare etc and no infection or fun playlists just snipers and championship etc. and now nothing fun at all like that, and I said this because my point is that most times the competitive have had it go to them a lot more when with high demand on things so I am sure this one small feature isint to much to give to the people who struggle we are a community we should be helping each other not attacking each other, sorry just had to say.
The ghost: Ramming an enemy will take down their shields. Lightly tapping and ally will instakill them and auto-boot you.
Allan BD wrote:
The only problem with limiting FF is sometimes people campus with flag and never cap so they can troll. Now I've dealt with FF since halo CE, whether it is on or not if someone is going to troll you they will find a way to do it I.e. jumping off map with power weapons, camping with flag/bomb, etc.
exactly like I said before, breakout and similar modes have it off but for objective very strict kick system then it is fair for most people or as somebody else said maybe on those have a vote system to kick on objective game modes in case of that scenario.
FL Crysis wrote:
If you want someone to take a rebuttal seriously, please use correct grammar, but you requested an argument and you will receive one.
    Don't do the grammar nazi thing, as it applies to you aswell.
    Quote:
    • Everyone is using their personal experiences with the betrayals, I guess they don't express experiences of others. Then this whole post's argument is invalid in regards to this comment you have made. You, yourself are using personal experiences to provide examples of when YOU were betrayed during a Halo game.Also, do you know that the minority of the game population actually come to the forums and comment? So really it's the minority of the minority of people who are complaining about Friendly Fire. I would not want you to run my business because you would run it down to the ground trying to cater the vocal minority of your customers.
    you cant use your experience as the over all decider since clearly you saw last page and all the pages before more people had terrible experiences than good ones with FF. so even if you did, most didnt. if you are goign off based on experiece than you lose, the majority say othersie that FF sucks. even if its a minority. here are the percentages to understand. say only 205 coem to forums, of the 20% the 50% or more of them could again mean the same for the 50% of the 80 that dont go to the forum. Btw before you go grammar im not putting in apostrophes for the sake of time as i free write so grammar isnt a factor long as you can read it its fine. on here the majority are complaining against it i see from all the different peopel on these post the majority are again FF on here. but even in game i bet if i went around asking i can get get similar responses. and your business would run itself down by saying "well thats how my daddy did his business and how his daddy and than his daddy" just because it was done in past doesnt make it still valid.
    Quote:
    • With this argument, I guess they should just remove shields, grenades, melees, and every other mechanic that started with H:CE. 343 removed friendly fire for H4 and the majority of the minority people on the forums requested that this feature would be implemented again. After many discussion posts, 343 finally realized that they made a major mistake in removing the FF from the 4v4 playlists. I agree that FF should be removed from BTB and Warzone, because there are a lot of silly people out there that play this game. P.S. I would LOVE the OG Halo Magnum to come back because that is and will always be the best Halo of all time.
    you are avoiding the arguement. i am sayign just because its there originally doesnt mean its always right. if peopel point out it doesnt work and its bad than it needs change. its kind of like say the the constitution, people think it cant be changed they are like "well our foundign fathers made it that way so you cant change it" forgettign the fact that the same founding fathers actually left it up to congress to make changes as they couldnt forsee the future. you cant forsee certain things so therefor you shouldnt be *gravemind* concluded. if the arbiter stayed concluded he would have never forseen the betrayal. to be concluded is choosng to be dumb. as i am agruing you to say why keep FF should be valid i am still keeping an open mind but with harsh critisism as i have seen since the dawn of halo CE that it has never been good. FF has been so exploited there are even guide on how to kill your teammates for power weapons but avoid gettign kicked. so the people that are betraying on purpose are careful most tiems to not get kicked whereas peopel that accidentally betray get kicked. so its really only punishing the careless but not the clever ones. the ones that do it alot. if i wanted to i could betray you all game and never get kicked to the point of making you want to throw tyour controller at the tv and break it thats how much i could get you to rage if i really REALLY wanted to. you also said the minority of minority but you are now saying 343 changed because they are now the majority. most tiems people that support somethign wont say anything without knowing. for example i didnt know there were really anyone -Yoinking!- in halo 5 beta about turning FF on because i was happy it was off and though h343 figured it out that it needed to be off. most of us that love FF off want it to stay off so we never knew the forums had people sayign otherwise because when i did i finalyl check to see a post, which some peopel i think are sock puppet accoutns, there was no say for the peopel that wanted FF off. and i would liek alot of weapons includign the return fo the old Rocket Launcher that in the beta people complained about that 343 said they would but its no where i can find it. the old RL is missing that 343 said would return.
    Quote:
    • Why would anyone want to team up and play campaign with some random? I'm talking about teaming up for multiplayer team arena. I've created 4 different teams from recruiting people on these forums. Sure it takes a little bit of time, but hey guess what, the return on investment is large, because now you can play with that person again after that.
    maybe because they want to get achievements done? you do realize there are coop achievements and also killing 2 wardens at the same time and making two hunters knock off edge some people need help more than others. i need help with coop All for one, but all the ones playing Halo on my friends list only played MP and were like no i cant i cant have the story spoiled even though they were never gettign to it" i eventually got someone to walk away from there controller for a couple hours and so they didnt get spoiled and i got the achievement. i have tried in past for MP for MCC and still no one. just because you might have luck doesnt mean others do end up not findign anyone. and i want to get up and go. i dont spend 20 min to find a 10 min match. if i dont get players by 5 min im playing im want to play not sit around every day looking for new players. also i play at night time when most are offline. i have a different sleeping arrangement so im sleepign when most are up and vice versa so sittign there to find a team takes even longer most times. and that still doesnt mean im not going to accidentally get naded at the end of the day. return i get is not much different.
    Halo CE-hadteam kill, halo 2-had team kill, halo 3, had team kill, halo reach- had team kill, halo 4-many things were already bad in that game, halo 5- team kills. See pattern? If team killing was a real issue it'd be gone. People enjoy the feature of FF (not purposely) as there have been funny accidents before. Example halo 3 on MCC. I had rockets and was sitting with 4 other guys next to our warthog. I see enemy warthog charge us and for some reason as its literally next to us all i (and someone put bubbleshield on us) I shot the rocket. Guess what happened? I got kicked after murdering 8 people (my 4 guys, 3 enemies in hog) and myself. Point is FF can be a funny memorable feature and that's why I think it should stay. Accidents do happen, as to the ones who purposely team kill, well just have to hope they get in trouble for it.
    I remember betraying a teammate and getting kicked from the game. And it wasn't no accident either. I walked right up to him and boom! Ded. Here's the catch though, it was literally after the VICTORY title shows up. How you gonna get kicked if the game is already won?
    Quote:
  1. Halo 4 died because the multiplayer focused solely on the casual gamer who just wants to sign on and have a fun time and not play to win. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, I to want to play games casually, but I also love playing Halo competitive. (I get my sweat gear on). There does need a balance of social playlists (were FF can be turned off because it's a casual playlist) and competitive (where FF should be on).
  2. Quote:
    Halo has always had casual gamers. Halo 4 was so much more on mixing casual with competitive it was dumb. you can keep your hardcore cod mode with FF im fine with that in a corner over there and playing mine over here. i played halo 2 and halo 3 mp and it felt less competitive than it does now when you play casual verus now even causual feel competitive. thats how halo 4 felt like. constant commendations and achievements and now stats recorded. people are always, such as yourself, judging people based on records. clear example of the problem. Halo 3 seperated social and ranked. and i was fine with that. ranked competitive you get your FF and other stuf and social gets FF turned off. if we had that i believe the aargumentsfor either woudl die out. i still would want a black list if i played compettive to block all team killers.
    Quote:
  3. The only thing that ruining this experience are the people who are betraying you when you get a power weapon. Not the people who are defending to keep FF in the competitive playlists.
  4. again about comptetitve i said before. and i could list a 100 but i dont have time for that. maybe later if i feel like of FF experiences no just the people fighting for PW even though that is themajority of my experiences, also limited teammates who idk how they are even alive in real life when they walk across the street because they cant be bothered to check left and right. "you moron how do you fail to dodge a rocket coming at you from the other side of hemmorage? you see that thing comign in slow but you still dont get out of thew way like 'duh whtsdat ting pa?' 'idk i reck its of of them ufos they been talking about'" i swear and than after wards they are like "why did you kill me" I "INDIRECTLY" KILLED YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE A... person!!!
    [quote]
  5. The people who complain about FF always bring up the same argument. I pick up power weapon, my team mate kills me, I complain on the forums because there was a guy who killed me because I had a power weapon. Instead taking time to complain on the forum, which takes more time than recruiting people to play with you.
  6. that same arguement is because thats the majority of FF right there. they get the PW for either ranking up, xp, rp, stats. personalyl i wouldnt mind playing competitive if i can turn off stats so no one can see and i choose casual so i can play without caring about them or anyone seeign them. im tired of peopel saying "well me stats are bigger than your stats" "congrats you have a huge E- penis. you must feel so proud?" and no, about this time i might ofwriting this who response i might of now just got a team of 4 thats how long it would have taken. but they want to say get rid of FF so they can avoid it in the future.
    [quote][/list]I hope you use spell check when you respond.
    i wont but im sure you can understand what i am saying.sorry but with ADD i cant write and keep up with train of thoguh so i free write. if you havent heard of the term it means to write what comes to your mind and dont stop for spellcheck in order to get your thoughts down. i could spell check after but got little time have to go sleep now, have work in 8 hours. best of luck to you.
    Halo CE-hadteam kill, halo 2-had team kill, halo 3, had team kill, halo reach- had team kill, halo 4-many things were already bad in that game, halo 5- team kills. See pattern? If team killing was a real issue it'd be gone. People enjoy the feature of FF (not purposely) as there have been funny accidents before. Example halo 3 on MCC. I had rockets and was sitting with 4 other guys next to our warthog. I see enemy warthog charge us and for some reason as its literally next to us all i (and someone put bubbleshield on us) I shot the rocket. Guess what happened? I got kicked after murdering 8 people (my 4 guys, 3 enemies in hog) and myself. Point is FF can be a funny memorable feature and that's why I think it should stay. Accidents do happen, as to the ones who purposely team kill, well just have to hope they get in trouble for it.
    fallacy, past does not make therefore excuse. there are too many fallacies im not bothering to correct you on but most people hate FF so dont through that "people love FF" thing it isnt a valid response.
    SBFC Boyd wrote:
    Sgt Fergus wrote:
    SBFC Boyd wrote:
    Sgt Fergus wrote:
    SBFC Boyd wrote:
    Sgt Fergus wrote:
    SBFC Boyd wrote:
    Those moaning about friendly fire being on should just stick to Warzone where skill isn't required.

Halo is already enough of a nade fest as it is.

Those complaining of strangers murdering you for your power weapons... plug your mics in and find good people to team up with.
    Clearly you only read your own posts. i already stated in like last 3 post exactly why so you can go back and reread im not retyping because you didnt bother to read all my post which are all on this page. and -Yoink- please your record is -Yoink- too so dont even start. most of mine arent even recorded because thanks to the bad recording on this game, that i made a post about aswell. all my good games about 2/3 to 3/4 didnt even get recorded. only my average get recorded. Ans again as i told the other person. do not commit fallacies. unless you have an argument do not try character attacks as you have no other argument.
    Your 'arguments' are as simple as "I don't like it, take it out the game".
    Halo is a team game, play it as a team or just stick to FFA which sounds like is what best suits your selfish ideas anyway.
    nope, you didnt bother to read my other post, so you arent getting a response. again you committed a fallacy. fix the game all will be happy, you will learn to deal with it like you did in halo 4.
    The game is fixed and like it used to be. You stick to FFA and stop trying to wreck the fun of slayer for us social types who do have friends to play with.
    fallacy, game is not fixed. opinion is not fact.
    I enjoy friendly fire, I'm not saying I shoot my teammates but it adds some aspect of realism. In some game modes its turned off anyways and if you are constantly betraying then you'll receive a ban. I appreciate the option to kill my team if I want to though, sometimes people are dumb lol.
    More annoying in warzone, I spawned with a sniper and my teammate with a ghost runs me over and grabs a my sniper, wth man.. I reported the *swear word* , NOTE if someone does this kind of thing its important to report it, the more reports he/she has the better.
    Dodger9296 wrote:
    Sgt Fergus wrote:
    Dodger9296 wrote:
    Halo Community are such hypocrites.

When the beta first launched, friendly fire was OFF for EVERYTHING! No playlist that happened had friendly fire on at all. It only turned on when an enemy was nearby, and even then it didn't turn on all the time. The Halo Community complained and complained about why there was no friendly fire. So 343 listened to you guys.

Now friendly fire is off, and you guys complain? C'mon, shape up. You guys hated Halo 2 when it came out, hated 3 when it came out, ODST, Reach and 4, now 5. I'm sure when 6 drops, you guys will complain about 6 and praise 5.
    nope not entirely. the beta had even numbers but i spotted duplicate accounts to argue for turning it on because the ones saying keep it off we winning. but also after that most people liked that it was off so there was no need to argue to keep it off. only those tryign to get power weapons and need to kill their teammates argued to turn them on. i liked the original halos but not for its FF. its story i liked. i hated gettign knocked out of zoom mode and standing up ever tiem a PP shot me it made no logical sense at all.
    Run with friends then. Its what I do. It seems to work with me because I've won more games than you and played more games than you so...
    cant get full team together. takes too long on forums. im not waiting 20 min for a 10 min game. if nothing by 5 min max, im startign game. not to mention last tiem i had 4 people it never found a game for use. after 2 left it finally found people. so that doesnt help either.
    Sgt Fergus wrote:
    Friendly fire should be turned off. tired of the bs excuses like "oh well he will stick a grenade to his teammates head to walk into room to kill enemies". yeah how many times does that happen compared to -Yoinks!- killing you for sniper rifle? If you support FF on you are just the enablers.
    i know. these people are grasping at straws to keep a function that overall should just be removed.
    Consul IV wrote:
    Why is this even an argument? FF has been in the Halo franchise ever sense the beginning of Halo multiplayer. I don't get why this s a problem now.
    Appeal to Tradition fallacy, isnt a valid argument.
    j d0gg36 wrote:
    I enjoy friendly fire, I'm not saying I shoot my teammates but it adds some aspect of realism. In some game modes its turned off anyways and if you are constantly betraying then you'll receive a ban. I appreciate the option to kill my team if I want to though, sometimes people are dumb lol.
    please dont argument you stance based on realism, realistically chief couldnt survive that nuke. see the argument no longer works. its a scifi game, you cant argue realism in gameplay. realistically, ground pounds wouldnt hurt anyone but the user. "REALISTICALLY"
    Sgt Fergus wrote:
    fallacy, past does not make therefore excuse. there are too many fallacies im not bothering to correct you on but most people hate FF so dont through that "people love FF" thing it isnt a valid response.
    You saying "most don't" isn't a valid response either lol. I'm not saying what I said is fact but it is supported simply by most games having it and halo 5 adding it back after halo 4 removed it.
    1. 1
    2. ...
    3. 11
    4. 12
    5. 13
    6. 14
    7. 15
    8. ...
    9. 26