Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

[Locked] Friendly fire isn't. 343...

OP I Vakrian I

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 26
Sgt Fergus wrote:
Halo CE-hadteam kill, halo 2-had team kill, halo 3, had team kill, halo reach- had team kill, halo 4-many things were already bad in that game, halo 5- team kills. See pattern? If team killing was a real issue it'd be gone. People enjoy the feature of FF (not purposely) as there have been funny accidents before. Example halo 3 on MCC. I had rockets and was sitting with 4 other guys next to our warthog. I see enemy warthog charge us and for some reason as its literally next to us all i (and someone put bubbleshield on us) I shot the rocket. Guess what happened? I got kicked after murdering 8 people (my 4 guys, 3 enemies in hog) and myself. Point is FF can be a funny memorable feature and that's why I think it should stay. Accidents do happen, as to the ones who purposely team kill, well just have to hope they get in trouble for it.
fallacy, past does not make therefore excuse. there are too many fallacies im not bothering to correct you on but most people hate FF so dont through that "people love FF" thing it isnt a valid response.
You saying "most don't" isn't a valid response either lol. I'm not saying what I said is fact but it is supported simply by most games having it and halo 5 adding it back after halo 4 removed it.
okay, well i can bother taking months of doing a case study asking people but also looking at the number of people on this post alone that are against FF shows they are majority on this post. and actually most FPS games dont have unless they have a hardcore mode. a few games have FF like ARMA but arma is super accurate FPS military shooter that goes to balls to the walls on realism. even a leg shot stops you from running and you need med pack to heal. and the population isnt close to cod or battlefield or halo or gears of war.
No need to dumb down Halo, Warzone is the only playlist I got betrayed in, but only once or twice and that was at the very end of the match. A teammate purposely splattered me when the game ended, but he still got marked for killing me.

I haven't betrayed or got betrayed in Arena. Probably did it once in Warzone or not at all. So really, there is no problem.
0
Chief(343 & Halo fans)- “Sprint...is sprint what you wanted? Is this what you were looking for?

Typical Classic Fans- “plz god no!”

Chief- “Were all the forum complaints. All the ‘you lost me as a customer threats.’ Worth it? Was it!?” *laughs manically* 🤣
I know what you mean. I've myself have accidently killed a teammate in swat. Felt horrible. While mine was an accident I know there are those that like to see the world burn and there should be a way to take action on that but I don't think the answer is turning off friendly fire is it.
I enjoy having friendly fire on because I think it takes more skill to make (proper) kills. Sure there are going to be some jokers out there who abuse it, but I think that's a pretty small percentage of people playing the game. It almost adds a bit of strategy to the game because you can't just be running around all crazy, it forces you to be aware of your surroundings and make more deliberate moves IMO.
FL Crysis wrote:
Sgt Fergus wrote:
Friendly fire should be turned off. tired of the bs excuses like "oh well he will stick a grenade to his teammates head to walk into room to kill enemies". yeah how many times does that happen compared to -Yoinks!- killing you for sniper rifle? If you support FF on you are just the enablers.
I disagree, I have not encountered FF for power weapons in upper tier ranks. FF has always been apart of Halo until Halo 4 and that multiplayer died faster than any other Halo game. Please let Halo 4, no FF, lay to rest and not revive it from the grave. FF is a staple for Team Arena and 343 did the right thing to have FF in this playlist. If you are so worried about getting FF, I bet you can recruit 3 other people from this forum to play with you. Please don't ruin the playlist for others because you do not want to make an effort to play with others.
Sgt Fergus wrote:
SBFC Boyd wrote:
Those moaning about friendly fire being on should just stick to Warzone where skill isn't required.

Halo is already enough of a nade fest as it is.

Those complaining of strangers murdering you for your power weapons... plug your mics in and find good people to team up with.
your argument is invalid, therefore you have no say.
This is a very ignorant post. Everyone has their own opinion, and if you can't listen to it then you should not be commenting on the forums.
in regards to you saying please dont ruin the game for others. People like you have no idea about what your talking about. FF being turned off is not going to magically make your game experience worse. it will make it better as you dont have to worry about getting killed or your shields taking out by a teammate or troll in turn making you loose a power weapon. People like you are grasping at Straws here. you know your excuses hold no weight so your trying to also belittle others. FF doe more harm then good. and dont even try to bring up the "Oh but But but they will be Banned" ya but at what cost? a few 10 maybe 100 guys Power weapons or deaths? he gets punished but what happens to those effected by it? are they suppose to just move on because some -Yoink- was being selfish or stupid. No they should be compensated. thats why we have security systems in place in the real world to stop things. rolling with the mentality that its ok for someone to do something as long as they get punished afterward is a God awful Mentality thats a fact. its to prevent the Problem from even happening then to let it happen and then people suffer just to get that person punished.
Sgt Fergus wrote:
Friendly fire should be turned off. tired of the bs excuses like "oh well he will stick a grenade to his teammates head to walk into room to kill enemies". yeah how many times does that happen compared to -Yoinks!- killing you for sniper rifle? If you support FF on you are just the enablers.
How about this then:

-Increases skill gap due to all players needing to be cautious with high caliber/power weapons
-Power weapons are passivley "nerfed" due to them affecting everyone, keeping them "balanced"

These are gameplay arguments.
Sgt Fergus wrote:
Sgt Fergus wrote:
Halo CE-hadteam kill, halo 2-had team kill, halo 3, had team kill, halo reach- had team kill, halo 4-many things were already bad in that game, halo 5- team kills. See pattern? If team killing was a real issue it'd be gone. People enjoy the feature of FF (not purposely) as there have been funny accidents before. Example halo 3 on MCC. I had rockets and was sitting with 4 other guys next to our warthog. I see enemy warthog charge us and for some reason as its literally next to us all i (and someone put bubbleshield on us) I shot the rocket. Guess what happened? I got kicked after murdering 8 people (my 4 guys, 3 enemies in hog) and myself. Point is FF can be a funny memorable feature and that's why I think it should stay. Accidents do happen, as to the ones who purposely team kill, well just have to hope they get in trouble for it.
fallacy, past does not make therefore excuse. there are too many fallacies im not bothering to correct you on but most people hate FF so dont through that "people love FF" thing it isnt a valid response.
You saying "most don't" isn't a valid response either lol. I'm not saying what I said is fact but it is supported simply by most games having it and halo 5 adding it back after halo 4 removed it.
okay, well i can bother taking months of doing a case study asking people but also looking at the number of people on this post alone that are against FF shows they are majority on this post. and actually most FPS games dont have unless they have a hardcore mode. a few games have FF like ARMA but arma is super accurate FPS military shooter that goes to balls to the walls on realism. even a leg shot stops you from running and you need med pack to heal. and the population isnt close to cod or battlefield or halo or gears of war.
OK, just note I'm not saying I'm right as in its a fact, this is my opinion. I honestly think majority just don't care about FF or else the devs would take it out. Most of the population don't team kill (or ud like to assume they don't anyways). I myself very rarily get betrayed purposely but it does happen time to time. Like I said earlier as well, I think team killing can be a feature that adds funny memories of accidental betrayals and even tho halo is a "sci fi game" its supposed to have a sense of realism to it, it's halo and it's not supposed to be like other games that don't support FF.

To your point on how this post is majority favors removing FF....... Of course majority will be against it, those who don't care really won't reply but some will. People really only speak out on something if it's a problem. If I were to bring up a topic like "pistol is OP" I guarantee you'll see a lot more people speak of it because it effects more people than FF would. Majority of players I see in game use the pistol, hence why there'd be more action on it where as FF really isn't a huge deal, hence why 343 added it back. Next point, I'm not a pro halo gamer but maybe the MLG guys wanted FF added as it adds to the competitive play? You know they helped build the multiplayer right? H5 as of right now is highly favored towards competitive play so if they saw need of FF then there's another reason why. Again I'm not MLG so I would have no idea why they would add it (if MLG effected it) but it's a possibility. Back to main point most games remove a feature IF it really hurts the game and it seems FF doesn't being how it just got added back and it's been in most of the other halo games.
Why they put friendly fire on in swat and the ability to kick players is beyond me.
Naqser wrote:
Sgt Fergus wrote:
Friendly fire should be turned off. tired of the bs excuses like "oh well he will stick a grenade to his teammates head to walk into room to kill enemies". yeah how many times does that happen compared to -Yoinks!- killing you for sniper rifle? If you support FF on you are just the enablers.
How about this then:

-Increases skill gap due to all players needing to be cautious with high caliber/power weapons
-Power weapons are passivley "nerfed" due to them affecting everyone, keeping them "balanced"

These are gameplay arguments.
english compadre
Sgt Fergus wrote:
Sgt Fergus wrote:
Halo CE-hadteam kill, halo 2-had team kill, halo 3, had team kill, halo reach- had team kill, halo 4-many things were already bad in that game, halo 5- team kills. See pattern? If team killing was a real issue it'd be gone. People enjoy the feature of FF (not purposely) as there have been funny accidents before. Example halo 3 on MCC. I had rockets and was sitting with 4 other guys next to our warthog. I see enemy warthog charge us and for some reason as its literally next to us all i (and someone put bubbleshield on us) I shot the rocket. Guess what happened? I got kicked after murdering 8 people (my 4 guys, 3 enemies in hog) and myself. Point is FF can be a funny memorable feature and that's why I think it should stay. Accidents do happen, as to the ones who purposely team kill, well just have to hope they get in trouble for it.
fallacy, past does not make therefore excuse. there are too many fallacies im not bothering to correct you on but most people hate FF so dont through that "people love FF" thing it isnt a valid response.
You saying "most don't" isn't a valid response either lol. I'm not saying what I said is fact but it is supported simply by most games having it and halo 5 adding it back after halo 4 removed it.
okay, well i can bother taking months of doing a case study asking people but also looking at the number of people on this post alone that are against FF shows they are majority on this post. and actually most FPS games dont have unless they have a hardcore mode. a few games have FF like ARMA but arma is super accurate FPS military shooter that goes to balls to the walls on realism. even a leg shot stops you from running and you need med pack to heal. and the population isnt close to cod or battlefield or halo or gears of war.
OK, just note I'm not saying I'm right as in its a fact, this is my opinion. I honestly think majority just don't care about FF or else the devs would take it out. Most of the population don't team kill (or ud like to assume they don't anyways). I myself very rarily get betrayed purposely but it does happen time to time. Like I said earlier as well, I think team killing can be a feature that adds funny memories of accidental betrayals and even tho halo is a "sci fi game" its supposed to have a sense of realism to it, it's halo and it's not supposed to be like other games that don't support FF.

To your point on how this post is majority favors removing FF....... Of course majority will be against it, those who don't care really won't reply but some will. People really only speak out on something if it's a problem. If I were to bring up a topic like "pistol is OP" I guarantee you'll see a lot more people speak of it because it effects more people than FF would. Majority of players I see in game use the pistol, hence why there'd be more action on it where as FF really isn't a huge deal, hence why 343 added it back. Next point, I'm not a pro halo gamer but maybe the MLG guys wanted FF added as it adds to the competitive play? You know they helped build the multiplayer right? H5 as of right now is highly favored towards competitive play so if they saw need of FF then there's another reason why. Again I'm not MLG so I would have no idea why they would add it (if MLG effected it) but it's a possibility. Back to main point most games remove a feature IF it really hurts the game and it seems FF doesn't being how it just got added back and it's been in most of the other halo games.
i actually liked it off in Halo 4 and some older halos that turned it off for certain game modes. the game play was better more a bit because people focused more on PTFO. and the same argument you said is same argument made about beta when people argued to turn on supposedly. so thats an either way argument now. and no, if you did a post on pistol is OP you wouldnt get much support. you can try. post me link and see how that goes. you say competitive but people are saying it is too casual again its opinion. its not all about the competitive players. competitive players are minority of FPS most play casually, unless its ARMA etc.
Why they put friendly fire on in swat and the ability to kick players is beyond me.
so someone can aim in, focus really hard, pull the trigger on an enemy's head and have teammate walk infront and get hit and than that player gets kicked. thats why because trolls love not paying attention to teammates shooting. whether group or not this happens. which is why i hate it for that too as well as other reasons.
Sgt Fergus wrote:
Naqser wrote:
Sgt Fergus wrote:
Friendly fire should be turned off. tired of the bs excuses like "oh well he will stick a grenade to his teammates head to walk into room to kill enemies". yeah how many times does that happen compared to -Yoinks!- killing you for sniper rifle? If you support FF on you are just the enablers.
How about this then:

-Increases skill gap due to all players needing to be cautious with high caliber/power weapons
-Power weapons are passivley "nerfed" due to them affecting everyone, keeping them "balanced"

These are gameplay arguments.
english compadre
Really? There are no gameplay related counter arguments in favour of not keeping friendly fire?
Guess that seems to be the case as you dismiss gameplay related arguments as a non-english language.
gethtones wrote:
Friendly fire poll.
Keep friendly fire = 67%
Remove it = 33%

/thread.
that wasnt what i was talking about but you are showing a poll that was made yesterday. i just voted and the percentages changed to 35% clearly not alot of people voted.
Friendly fire encourages communication and cooperation. It makes for a more grounded and serious playing field.
Halo 3 was the best of the series, but Friendly Fire was it's biggest flaw.
Naqser wrote:
Sgt Fergus wrote:
Naqser wrote:
Sgt Fergus wrote:
Friendly fire should be turned off. tired of the bs excuses like "oh well he will stick a grenade to his teammates head to walk into room to kill enemies". yeah how many times does that happen compared to -Yoinks!- killing you for sniper rifle? If you support FF on you are just the enablers.
How about this then:

-Increases skill gap due to all players needing to be cautious with high caliber/power weapons
-Power weapons are passivley "nerfed" due to them affecting everyone, keeping them "balanced"

These are gameplay arguments.
english compadre
Really? There are no gameplay related counter arguments in favour of not keeping friendly fire?
Guess that seems to be the case as you dismiss gameplay related arguments as a non-english language.
so because i couldnt understand your nerd talk i therefore have no argument? ive posted 100 different posts on this post you can go read. ive argued all. you need to speak english not super over the top competitive talk. you might as well be speaking Klingon. anyways im going to get some RnR you can get back to me when you speak terms in which i can understand what you are saying.
Friendly fire encourages communication and cooperation. It makes for a more grounded and serious playing field.
first off not everyone plays for competitive and 2nd most people are in party chat so therefore no communication and wont bother to leave party to communicate.
Not having Friendly Fire is one thing that Bungie did right in Destiny.
Sgt Fergus wrote:
gethtones wrote:
Friendly fire poll.
Keep friendly fire = 67%
Remove it = 33%

/thread.
that wasnt what i was talking about but you are showing a poll that was made yesterday. i just voted and the percentages changed to 35% clearly not alot of people voted.
The poll speaks for itself. The majority wants friendly fire me ft in...period.

Stop trying to make this a training wheels shooter, you have warzone for that.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 26