OP I Vakrian I

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 26
If you're afraid of getting teamkilled, join a Spartan Company and get to know your clanmates. ONLY play Arena with friends/clanmates. That's what I do. The added perk is you don't get stuck with useless randoms that don't use mics. 343 gave you the tools to have a great time, so use them. Don't water down a COMPETITIVE game mode just because of dumb randoms. In sports, scoring on your own goalie still counts. In e-sports killing a teammate because you're too impatient to aim carefully counts.
So recently halo 5 launched, in my opinion not the best launch than say halo 3's.Anyway halo 4 had one of the best things in multiplayer and that was turning OFF friendly fire to prevent TEAM BETRAYALS. Including and not limited to idiots purposely shooting team mates or throwing grenades with reckless abandon with friendlies in the same area or room. Wiping their shields for easy enemy kills. The worst is betraying others for power weapons or vehicles. Halo 4 did the right thing.. Then comes Halo 5 strutting its stuff and what happens? yup.. Betrayal! Lost the lead! ENEMY NEARING VICTORY! Just for the sake of 343 not keeping friendly fire OFF to prevent silly people being trigger happy or grenade chugging with reckless abandon. Hopefully it gets sorted but either it gets turned off OR we get the chance to boot perpetraitors there and then rather than 'repeated betrayals or team killing'. Yes there is the fact they could just wipe your shields and get away with it as it isn't classed as a betrayal. But then if thats the case just turn the damn thing off simple. Note i am sort of enjoying Halo 5 ( Elite community side i am.) just not being on the recieving end of Friendly fire or team killing. Remember folks, FRIENDLY FIRE ISN'T.
Could literally be solved by making more friends to play Halo with.
It seems there are mixed opinions here, i am not talking about 'accidental' betrayals i am talking about those that betray for the sake of it. I said there is a choice EITHER turn off FF OR give us an immediate alert asking if we would like to kick or forgive. LIKE HALO 3 DID AT LAUNCH FIRST TIME someone betrayed you accidently or otherwise. You can tell if it is accidental or blatant disregard of teamwork.
But the banning process in its current state of the game, does not work as it is intended. There will always be players like this. It's better to not be able to be betrayed rather then booting someone off your team or continuing to stick around only to be constantly betrayed.

And if people become grenade spammy and trigger happy, at least it won't effect you if FF is on. Does it not?
Exactly so they should either turn it off or have a stricter kick system, yeah I know kicking a number from a match on breakout for example is bad but I would rather kick em out and us not worrying bout somebody trying to screw us up but if off then no problem apart from objective gametypes.
Ah, so there are still people who believe Friendly Fire belongs in Halo. Lolxd.
Yeah. They're known as Halo fans.
Yeah. They're known as Halo fans.
I know, it's a joke. It's just that they're arguing for something minute rather than any other problems. Plus they came into this thread without reading or correctly answering the OP.
But the banning process in its current state of the game, does not work as it is intended. There will always be players like this. It's better to not be able to be betrayed rather then booting someone off your team or continuing to stick around only to be constantly betrayed.

And if people become grenade spammy and trigger happy, at least it won't effect you if FF is on. Does it not?

Let FF back in the game in a limited capacity. Let them be killed by explosions or something, but don't let them betray you when you have a flag or something. And don't let them be killed by the remaining splinters of a splinter grenade.
No, because the way you say it that can still be exploited to hell in team games. Ok flag guy has it? COVER HIM IN EXPLOSIONS WHILE HE RUNS.
McGrunty wrote:

Let FF back in the game in a limited capacity. Let them be killed by explosions or something, but don't let them betray you when you have a flag or something. And don't let them be killed by the remaining splinters of a splinter grenade.
No, because the way you say it that can still be exploited to hell in team games. Ok flag guy has it? COVER HIM IN EXPLOSIONS WHILE HE RUNS.
Yeah, as if I didn't say. "Don't let them betray you when you have the flag or something." Literally right afterwards.

Edit: excuse me, I misread that the first time.

But it'd still be in a limited capacity, if it's not beneficial in certain flag types or objectives, then yeah, just don't let it be in there, it's as obvious as it is. There has to be a middleground. Hopefully we can figure it out.
I have a solution, make friendly fire, reflect back to the user. That way people aren't getting betrayed, and there's still a BIG reason not to spam explosives on teammates.

This is probably the best solution for Arena. Doesn't punish anyone for sloppy grenade throws or splinter nades except the person that threw it.
Redacted
But what happens when some guy grabs flag/bomb and hogs it and trolls everyone what then ?
If I get betrayed once, that's an accident. Repeated offenses are an issue that should get the booted or banned. If they don't get booted, I don't come running demanding one of the most important facets of competitive gaming gets removed, I deal with it.
But what happens when some guy grabs flag/bomb and hogs it and trolls everyone what then ?
Yeah, that's a problem even with my system, let the enemy team kill him? lol
Accio Beer wrote:
Its very easy to not kill your teammates: Watch your shots and nades. Friendly fire belongs in Halo. Get over it.
It's easy to not betray others, sure. But when incompetant teammates run into your grenades or betray you for bombs, flags, vehicles, power weapons, Ect. then it's a different story... Did you even read the OP?
Are you suggesting games should be designed around the most incompetent of players? FF belongs in Halo. Kudos to 343 for going against the casual current here.
For real, some of you guys sound like you want an easy as -Yoink- game that plays itself for you.
I am glad it is back. Its a classic part of Halo. Just think back to how easy it is to betray someone in Halo 1.
you need to be able to think twice before firing that rocket launcher. If your teammates are near enemies, and you fire it knowing they'll be unscathed, what's the risk in that? You're just spamming rockets and grenades with no consequence.
But it is not just about power weapons it is about in general when somebody kills you for a weapon etc.
For instance some certain person trying to betray me for rockets or DMR. NOT accidental, just being a.. well froob. Realise i am not talking about accidental betrayals. I am more concerned for deliberate betrayals and shield wiping. i enjoy the game but sometimes it gets annoying KNOWING i was betrayed or a team mate was betrayed for that some ones favourite weapon he or she couldn't pick up because they were too slow.
They just need to ,get rid of Freindly Fire
No matter what you will have players who find a way to frag up any situation.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 26