3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 21
Hey,

me again. So i posted a couple days ago asking about rank etc... still dont understand and now I am even more confused than ever. SR, CSR, MMR, somethingmorecomplicatedSMR, kdlshfjklasdjflkdsjaklfjdkljMMR and so on... but whatever. Not my point.

I just played three games in a row in ranked arena....

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/e6770da1-3542-40f4-8087-ffbb6be52eb4/players/pablo%20says%20hi?gameHistoryMatchIndex=2&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

First game (link above) is the opposing team's two diamond 1s, a plat 5, and an unranked. my team has a plat 6 (me), a plat 4, a plat 1, and an unranked.
So before the game even starts... we are -Yoinked!- as they outranked us BY FAR. whatever, i go 20 kills and 7 deaths, killing frenzy, overkill, etc... should be a win right? wrong. my team loses (obviously) because, again, didnt stand a chance since they had 2 diamonds and we had none.. not to mention a plat 1.

Also, please note I was the only one to go positive KD from my team (this is important it comes back below).

So is this were you say oh no the MMR/CSR/whateverR dictates that the plat 1 should be able to compete in that game? or that the game should have been closer?
Can you explain how that game even happened?

Very next game:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/61f70623-187b-4c72-8250-0278602c8d1f/players/pablo%20says%20hi?gameHistoryMatchIndex=1&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

I match again against the same guys (one of their teammates changed from the last game but still same core) but my team is a different team. I am the only one for the previous game to match against the same guys.

again, they outrank us.

We lose against them because its the same story as before, but now instead of just the two diamond players they have three diamond players and we still have none.

again, why? Like why couldnt any diamonds be matched against them, you know, to make it fair?

okay maybe i'm reaching for this one since my team had 2 plat 6s against 3 diamonds but i just dont see how thats fair.

Very next game.............:

obviously i match against the exact same team as the previous match (no changes on their part this game, seems they invited the third diamond level player to their party).
So obviously, having lost to the same core of players 2 games in a row (all of whom are ranked higher than me), i get them for a third time. Perfect.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/1f74c4dc-a2f2-4b73-8544-10cc8a4b3339/players/pablo%20says%20hi?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

but wait, I FINALLY got a diamond level teammate!!!!! oh but i also got a plat 3, and a plat 6 (i'm still a plat 6 at this point). But, they have three diamond level players and we only got 1.

again, they outrank us.
seems like we didnt stand a chance before the game even started..... AGAIN.

we get smacked, OBVIOUSLY, and again.... I was the only player to go positive K/D (so annoying).

How is it possible or even fair to have 3 diamonds and an unranked vs. 1 diamond and three plats?

And why was i the only player to match against these guys back to back TO BACK? They all outranked me and two of the three games there was no one on my team that ranked same level as them! I can understand one game or two games in a row... but three?? and thats not the first time this has happened. it happens a lot.

Any insight into why and how this is happening would be great!

Thanks,

Pablo

Thanks,

Pablo
Population is by far the primary or biggest reason.

Also, are you searching under Focused?

Tip: If you find yourself matching the same opponents try waiting a bit before searching again or try out a different playlist for a match or two before returning as it'll help to throw-off your search time from theirs.
Is betrayal booting disabled in ODST Slayer? I was purposely betrayed three times by the same person, but it didn't give me an option to boot him.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Is betrayal booting disabled in ODST Slayer? I was purposely betrayed three times by the same person, but it didn't give me an option to boot him.
As a social mode I’m a bit surprised that you can even damage teammates.
Hey,

me again. So i posted a couple days ago asking about rank etc... still dont understand and now I am even more confused than ever. SR, CSR, MMR, somethingmorecomplicatedSMR, kdlshfjklasdjflkdsjaklfjdkljMMR and so on... but whatever. Not my point.

I just played three games in a row in ranked arena....

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/e6770da1-3542-40f4-8087-ffbb6be52eb4/players/pablo%20says%20hi?gameHistoryMatchIndex=2&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

First game (link above) is the opposing team's two diamond 1s, a plat 5, and an unranked. my team has a plat 6 (me), a plat 4, a plat 1, and an unranked.
So before the game even starts... we are -Yoinked!- as they outranked us BY FAR. whatever, i go 20 kills and 7 deaths, killing frenzy, overkill, etc... should be a win right? wrong. my team loses (obviously) because, again, didnt stand a chance since they had 2 diamonds and we had none.. not to mention a plat 1.

Also, please note I was the only one to go positive KD from my team (this is important it comes back below).

So is this were you say oh no the MMR/CSR/whateverR dictates that the plat 1 should be able to compete in that game? or that the game should have been closer?
Can you explain how that game even happened?

Very next game:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/61f70623-187b-4c72-8250-0278602c8d1f/players/pablo%20says%20hi?gameHistoryMatchIndex=1&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

I match again against the same guys (one of their teammates changed from the last game but still same core) but my team is a different team. I am the only one for the previous game to match against the same guys.

again, they outrank us.

We lose against them because its the same story as before, but now instead of just the two diamond players they have three diamond players and we still have none.

again, why? Like why couldnt any diamonds be matched against them, you know, to make it fair?

okay maybe i'm reaching for this one since my team had 2 plat 6s against 3 diamonds but i just dont see how thats fair.

Very next game.............:

obviously i match against the exact same team as the previous match (no changes on their part this game, seems they invited the third diamond level player to their party).
So obviously, having lost to the same core of players 2 games in a row (all of whom are ranked higher than me), i get them for a third time. Perfect.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/1f74c4dc-a2f2-4b73-8544-10cc8a4b3339/players/pablo%20says%20hi?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

but wait, I FINALLY got a diamond level teammate!!!!! oh but i also got a plat 3, and a plat 6 (i'm still a plat 6 at this point). But, they have three diamond level players and we only got 1.

again, they outrank us.
seems like we didnt stand a chance before the game even started..... AGAIN.

we get smacked, OBVIOUSLY, and again.... I was the only player to go positive K/D (so annoying).

How is it possible or even fair to have 3 diamonds and an unranked vs. 1 diamond and three plats?

And why was i the only player to match against these guys back to back TO BACK? They all outranked me and two of the three games there was no one on my team that ranked same level as them! I can understand one game or two games in a row... but three?? and thats not the first time this has happened. it happens a lot.

Thanks,

Pablo
This happens to me soooooooo much I've lost count but I've gotten two champs 1 diamond and a plat 1 and on my team was me of course diamond 3(at the time), two plat 6s, and a gold 5. Is that fair??????? Idk IMO I don't think so what about you? I had this same team and match up back to back then I matched the same 4 but my team is different. It's me now a diamond 1(yes after two loses I dropped two ranks and I'm on the border of dia 1 and play 6), 1 onyx, and two golds I think 6 m 5 or something I think u can guess what hapoened......WE WON! JK NO WE DIDNT the two gold player quit about a min and a half into the game when they are already around 0-6 each I'm 4-5 and homie is 5-8. This game ended with me finally going negative 6 since the onyx player quit at 44 kills and he was a good negative 6 or more(they were basically spawn killing the -Yoink- out of us cause we were on Slayer truth). But guess what I didn't keep my diamond 1 either dropped down to plat 6 now on the border of plat 5. MAN ITSNT SOLO QUEUING THE GREATEST I MEAN MAN I ABSOLUTELY ❤️❤️❤️ THE TEAMMATES I GET. They fight over snipe and kill each other than1 quits right away, then the other starts bombing with the snipe out of 8 shots he hits 1 body shot on a guy I'm in a magnum battle with and I was going to win so there was no need to shoot him! This is the life of a solo queuing h5 arena player got to live it don't get mad get destroyed by a team of 4 u shouldnt be playing in the 1st place, plus they are calling out and no one has a mic on your team leaves u in prime position to get wrecked no matter what u do. Do you like not being able to take 1 step off spawn without getting sniped multiple times in a row? No u want teammates to throw panic nades and hit you(sometimes betray u)? Than go play H5 and solo queue in arena and you will get all that and then some!!!

O I also forgot plus you will never get host on your side EVER plus no it doesn't take 5 shots to kill someone with a magnum that's to EASY!! We will make it 8 to 9 shots so u get really pissed off!!!🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬😤😤😤😵🤬🤬😵🤬🤬😵🤬🤬
The matchmaker does the best it can with the current pop, but if you play less popular playlists like Team Arena during lower pop times of the day, the best the matchmaker can do is often still going to result in tough matches.

Also of note, no one gets "host" in H5. It's all dedicated servers.
ZaedynFel I think there is a bug with the SWAT rank for this season. Someone mentioned their rank being messed up in discord, so I thought it was an isolated incident, but looking at one of their games I also saw someone else with the same issue. This is the game where you can see it says they're both "Unranked" instead of showing their actual rank. It also appears that way on their Arena stats page and in the game.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
ZaedynFel I think there is a bug with the SWAT rank for this season. Someone mentioned their rank being messed up in discord, so I thought it was an isolated incident, but looking at one of their games I also saw someone else with the same issue. This is the game where you can see it says they're both "Unranked" instead of showing their actual rank. It also appears that way on their Arena stats page and in the game.
Should resolve itself after a few more games.
I just left this game because my teammates started to betray me and started up the next one really quickly (presumably before the last one concluded). Waypoint says I lost 30 CSR from 1747 down to 1717 but the next game I gained 3 CSR and it had me go from 1747 to 1750. Is this an exploit?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Dude, sick update... Love it. Tk u so much.
Thank you
Josh, can you say if you're still seeing decent population in the playlists or are there still some server issues going on affecting people getting into games? I've been getting timed out from searching a lot lately and just wondering if the population has took a nose dive or if it's some other issue going on.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Josh, can you say if you're still seeing decent population in the playlists or are there still some server issues going on affecting people getting into games? I've been getting timed out from searching a lot lately and just wondering if the population has took a nose dive or if it's some other issue going on.
I wonder what correlation there may have been with Halo 5 pop drops relating to kids going back to school, the release of Gears 5, Borderlands 3, Destiny 2: Shadowkeep & Destiny 2: New Light being F2P; plus, with the MCC Insider for Xbox?
+1 to what Lukepowa said, @ZaedynFel
There's a few things.

Most playlists are around 99%+ success rate in matchmaking within 5 minutes max for most if not all of the day.

Some less popular lists have had pop float down to below the tipping point needed for consistent matchmaking during off hours (usually after midnight Pacific Time). This can cause periods of time where it is not possible to play those playlists (FFA, Assault, H3 Classic, Elimination, Covenant Slayer, Warzone). Outside off hours, though, they are still showing ~99% success rates.

BTB is a list where it's the other way around. There are brief lucky periods at peak hours where you might get a match, but it's usually impossible.
It appears the ranking system is dysfunctional once again. It had been working well until about the last week or so. Now I am having games where I earn zero csr after going +10 or more , but yet derank over 30 points for a loss. Is there a known bug of late ?
Flipflex wrote:
It appears the ranking system is dysfunctional once again. It had been working well until about the last week or so. Now I am having games where I earn zero csr after going +10 or more , but yet derank over 30 points for a loss. Is there a known bug of late ?
No, just means your MMR has tanked recently.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Flipflex wrote:
No, just means your MMR has tanked recently.
Interesting because it seems my kda has increased the last week, and subsequently my csr along with apparently my mmr has decreased .
the other issue is that we had a win streak of like 4 games , but the opposing team had a quitter each time basically making those games null and void in regard to CSR which is very frustrating. Not sure how this should be fixed but it’s definitely an issue.

I really was enjoying the ranking adjustments I think your team did a great job . It’s only within the last week that it seemed buggy.
Several other observations I’ve noted is that it is exponentially harder to win games solo . To win it’s imperative to play as a team of 4 in slayer in my opinion. With random pairings I swear I get teamed of with people that are holding an Xbox controller for the first time.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
¿Cómo puedo mejorar en Halo 5 y subirlo porque me uno a otros jugadores?

<a data-ved="2ahUKEwjIw5ip2qvlAhXKjVkKHSC5AsMQ9tEEMAB6BAgKEA8"> </a>
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 21