2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 21
+30 for a Win, - CSR depending on K/D..Ready Go!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/fc1711fc-144a-4554-9165-3d8d332f9172/players/reneggade?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

I'm curious how I dropped 30 csr for this game, or from 30% into D3 to about 75%D2, looks like a heavy CSR loss game anyhow. Doesn't make sense to me, I know your response will probably dictate around I'm actually a D2 or D1 player and the system is adjusting accordingly but I want to point out I don't care. Let me explain

I think you need to incorporate player perception into your formula , something like data point A might be correct but it makes the player feel like YY ,some arbitrary feeling. I don't know, I'd rather climb the ranks FEELING like each game means something and working towards that elusive goal of Champion. (Hey, i achieved it once in FFA some season ago cut me some slack), than each game being a stagnant experience. I went to D3 this game but next game I'm back at D2 and the cyclic rotation ensues. I'm not knocking you. I really do feel each ranked game is pretty darn competitive. I just wish I had some grand experience to achieve than, oh look I'm pretty much a D3 player so I'll just sit in between D1 and D4 for eternity. Yes, the data supports that but I'm not going to lie I miss year 1 year 2 H5 where I would be Onyx 1550 and then look at the leaderboards and try and obtain Champ.

Now, I'm getting to the argument of "oh, so the more a person plays the more they should advance, which I think is what might've happened those early seasons. I know the arguement against that, I've been a silent reader of almost all your posts, I just think maybe incorporating just a tad of that might be the more FUN approach. Just maybe. Don't worry I'm still playing H5 and probably will till Infinite. Just wanted to give my 2 cents and again reiterate going 12-4 in a match should not drop you so significantly. Player perception Doc player perception. Cheers
Can anyone in 343 comment on this ? I swear something has changed. Wait times for games are quicker than ever before but it comes at the cost of playing teams that you should not be playing. I saw a post earlier of someone complaining about facing onyx teams well I’m on the opposite side. Once it hits like midnight my friends and I will start to find matches against terrible teams, all plats or half unranked half plat or half diamond half gold it’s ridiculous. I know someone will argue that csr doesn’t matter and someone’s MMR could be much higher but we STEAMROLL these games like we don’t even try. Every once in awhile we get matched with a team that we SHOULD be playing, but at that point I’m so used to playing terrible kids my competitive flow is gone.

i just want someone to acknowledge that something has indeed been changed. Maybe they’ve already said something about it and I just didn’t see it but I swear they must have done something to fix the wait times since the population has suffered and it is now making us match games that we normally would not have matched.

what is the problem ?? you would ask what’s wrong with steam rolling teams and winning the majority of your games ??? well the problem is is that steam rolling teams is not fun! the game also expects you to win these games so when you win we don’t even gain any CSR so it’s literally almost pointless to even play at that point
Reneggade wrote:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/fc1711fc-144a-4554-9165-3d8d332f9172/players/reneggade?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

I'm curious how I dropped 30 csr for this game, or from 30% into D3 to about 75%D2, looks like a heavy CSR loss game anyhow. Doesn't make sense to me, I know your response will probably dictate around I'm actually a D2 or D1 player and the system is adjusting accordingly but I want to point out I don't care. Let me explain

I think you need to incorporate player perception into your formula , something like data point A might be correct but it makes the player feel like YY ,some arbitrary feeling. I don't know, I'd rather climb the ranks FEELING like each game means something and working towards that elusive goal of Champion. (Hey, i achieved it once in FFA some season ago cut me some slack), than each game being a stagnant experience. I went to D3 this game but next game I'm back at D2 and the cyclic rotation ensues. I'm not knocking you. I really do feel each ranked game is pretty darn competitive. I just wish I had some grand experience to achieve than, oh look I'm pretty much a D3 player so I'll just sit in between D1 and D4 for eternity. Yes, the data supports that but I'm not going to lie I miss year 1 year 2 H5 where I would be Onyx 1550 and then look at the leaderboards and try and obtain Champ.

Now, I'm getting to the argument of "oh, so the more a person plays the more they should advance, which I think is what might've happened those early seasons. I know the arguement against that, I've been a silent reader of almost all your posts, I just think maybe incorporating just a tad of that might be the more FUN approach. Just maybe. Don't worry I'm still playing H5 and probably will till Infinite. Just wanted to give my 2 cents and again reiterate going 12-4 in a match should not drop you so significantly. Player perception Doc player perception. Cheers
Actually, no, your MMR and CSR were exactly in synch before that match.

You went down 26 because your team was D2 and lost to a P5. D2's shouldn't lose to P5.

Keep in mind the CSRs you see on the scoreboard are AFTER the update. Before the update, you had 2 Diamonds, 1 Plat, 1 unranked (a Diamond unranked though) vs. 1 Diamond, 2 Plat, and 1 Unranked (a Plat Unranked).

So you had 3 Diamonds 1 Plat and lost to 1 Diamond 3 Plats, so you, yeah, you're going to go down a lot because that rarely happens if the CSRs are correct.
Can anyone in 343 comment on this ? I swear something has changed. Wait times for games are quicker than ever before but it comes at the cost of playing teams that you should not be playing. I saw a post earlier of someone complaining about facing onyx teams well I’m on the opposite side. Once it hits like midnight my friends and I will start to find matches against terrible teams, all plats or half unranked half plat or half diamond half gold it’s ridiculous. I know someone will argue that csr doesn’t matter and someone’s MMR could be much higher but we STEAMROLL these games like we don’t even try. Every once in awhile we get matched with a team that we SHOULD be playing, but at that point I’m so used to playing terrible kids my competitive flow is gone.

i just want someone to acknowledge that something has indeed been changed. Maybe they’ve already said something about it and I just didn’t see it but I swear they must have done something to fix the wait times since the population has suffered and it is now making us match games that we normally would not have matched.

what is the problem ?? you would ask what’s wrong with steam rolling teams and winning the majority of your games ??? well the problem is is that steam rolling teams is not fun! the game also expects you to win these games so when you win we don’t even gain any CSR so it’s literally almost pointless to even play at that point
The tolerance will expand as you wait. So this in that playlist, pop drops after midnight. I'll double check Slayer's settings since I'm assuming that's your playlist.

I’ve noticed and experienced this same issue over the last 2-3 weeks.
we are steamrolling most teams as the matches are seemingly uneven; and gaining basically zero CSR for the wins .
then maybe 1 out of 10 games playing an even match , occasionally losing, and lose 30 CSR for the loss .
the net result is a net loss for the night which takes away from the fun of playing .
the system seemed to be functioning so well the past few seasons( actually gaining and losing CSR for each match ) , it was just this season that I noticed the change for the worse .
im interested to hear if some of the slayer settings were inadvertently changed ?
as a champion its very difficult to maintain our rank.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Reneggade wrote:

You went down 26 because your team was D2 and lost to a P5. D2's shouldn't lose to P5.

Keep in mind the CSRs you see on the scoreboard are AFTER the update. Before the update, you had 2 Diamonds, 1 Plat, 1 unranked (a Diamond unranked though) vs. 1 Diamond, 2 Plat, and 1 Unranked (a Plat Unranked).

So you had 3 Diamonds 1 Plat and lost to 1 Diamond 3 Plats, so you, yeah, you're going to go down a lot because that rarely happens if the CSRs are correct.
Can you do a system like the first player of the losing team loose nothing or -1 ? because i'm tired of loosing -30 against bad people when i'm doing at least 25 kill or 2.0 K/D.

More, every win for me is a +1csr (watch my last 50 games)... and i don't even point all SMURF that making the grind harder
Falin HCS wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Reneggade wrote:

Can you do a system like the first player of the losing team loose nothing or -1 ? because i'm tired of loosing -30 against bad people when i'm doing at least 25 kill or 2.0 K/D.

More, every win for me is a +1csr (watch my last 50 games)... and i don't even point all SMURF that making the grind harder
I'm not seeing smurfs have meaningful impact on ranks.

Your own rank is quite close to your MMR and hence quite accurate right now, so I don't think any of these things are resulting in a problem for you. Looking at your performance across your matches, your CSR looks correct.

We currently can not use in-match performance to modify a CSR update without making major changes that we won't get. Those folks are busy with Infinite.
Double post?
Spoiler:
Show
ZaedynFel wrote:

The tolerance will expand as you wait. So this in that playlist, pop drops after midnight. I'll double check Slayer's settings since I'm assuming that's your playlist.
Any updates???? Yes all I play is ranked team slayer and I never play slone I always play with 1-3 others all close to my skill. And the tolerance does not expand as I wait like that’s the problem there is literally NO WAITING anymore. Hahaha like it’s crazy we find a game in 10-15 seconds every single time instantaneous matching! This tells me that the system isn’t even trying to find a game where ppl or our skill will play is, it’s simply matching us the first available game.

I played for 8 hours straight yesterday from 9pm CST until 5am CST. We only lost 3-4 games the entire night, we always had 4 in the fire team. My friend who started off as onyx 1508 ended up being diamond 6. It takes the joy out of playing when you don’t feel you are being rewarded.
Flipflex wrote:

I’ve noticed and experienced this same issue over the last 2-3 weeks.
we are steamrolling most teams as the matches are seemingly uneven; and gaining basically zero CSR for the wins .
then maybe 1 out of 10 games playing an even match , occasionally losing, and lose 30 CSR for the loss .
the net result is a net loss for the night which takes away from the fun of playing .
the system seemed to be functioning so well the past few seasons( actually gaining and losing CSR for each match ) , it was just this season that I noticed the change for the worse .
im interested to hear if some of the slayer settings were inadvertently changed ?
I agree with you 100%my friends and I are going though the same thing. On one side, at least we can play games (bc before at certain times you just could not find games with a fire team of 2-4); but on the other side it seems pointless since there is no reward/recognition for winning.
ZaedynFel wrote:

Any updates???? Yes all I play is ranked team slayer and I never play slone I always play with 1-3 others all close to my skill. And the tolerance does not expand as I wait like that’s the problem there is literally NO WAITING anymore. Hahaha like it’s crazy we find a game in 10-15 seconds every single time instantaneous matching! This tells me that the system isn’t even trying to find a game where ppl or our skill will play is, it’s simply matching us the first available game.

I played for 8 hours straight yesterday from 9pm CST until 5am CST. We only lost 3-4 games the entire night, we always had 4 in the fire team. My friend who started off as onyx 1508 ended up being diamond 6. It takes the joy out of playing when you don’t feel you are being rewarded.
It is definitely expanding, but it truncates skill if there aren't 8 players above that rating since otherwise no matches would get made.

If you are at that truncation point, you will get an instant match, but it will be the same match you would have gotten if the system had expanded. The only difference would be you wait 5 minutes and get the same exact match, or you get it instantly. The quality wouldn't change though. Since there's no point in waiting an extra 5 minutes for no reason, it matches you right away.
just to say i lost 2 games with facing smurf and loose 30 each :)
ZaedynFel wrote:
Falin HCS wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Reneggade wrote:

Your own rank is quite close to your MMR and hence quite accurate right now, so I don't think any of these things are resulting in a problem for you. Looking at your performance across your matches, your CSR looks correct.

We currently can not use in-match performance to modify a CSR update without making major changes that we won't get. Those folks are busy with Infinite.
1) What do i need to do to win more than +1 or 2 or 3 csr in your superb rank system at this point ? except creating smurf because its the only way...
2) Is it normal to play 5h or more to win +30 csr and loosing it all because a guy in your team was doing pretty bad (not his fault) or because you play against smurf ( not their fault too) ? Because this is what happen every day for all halo player.
Falin HCS wrote:
just to say i lost 2 games with facing smurf and loose 30 each :)
ZaedynFel wrote:
Falin HCS wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Reneggade wrote:

1) What do i need to do to win more than +1 or 2 or 3 csr in your superb rank system at this point ? except creating smurf because its the only way...
2) Is it normal to play 5h or more to win +30 csr and loosing it all because a guy in your team was doing pretty bad (not his fault) or because you play against smurf ( not their fault too) ? Because this is what happen every day for all halo player.
I am not seeing this happening for all halo players.

Please provide links to examples from your match history.

You have to lose the amount of points that corresponds to your probability of winning or losing the match, otherwise the ranks are wrong.

So if you get an easy match and lose anyways, you have to go down by quite a lot in order for it to be correct.

You aren't going to be able to raise your CSR much more than where it currently is because you are personally not playing as well as players ranked higher than you. This is the case regardless of teammates or match difficulty. If you get better, your CSR will go up.

But your current performances are consistent with your Rank. We aren't going to give you a higher Rank unless you actually get better.
If you play against players that you beat 97% of the time, then you will win 29 matches at +1, and then lose 1 match at -29, and you will stay at your current CSR because it is correct.

That's working correctly. +1, -29.

if you were better than we thought, you would win more than 29 matches out of 30 and go up correctly.

Match difficulty itself as a the mercy of the current population.
grammar correction:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Match difficulty itself [is at] the mercy of the current population.
In case anyone was confused by what you were trying to state there^.
Hey Josh,

I've come back to the game after this season and I'm just wondering if the MMR across the board has been lowered. I'm finding that my friends and I are all lower than they were even last season.
Zaedynfel , what are three things that you think can be improved with your current system?
QX wrote:
Hey Josh,

I've come back to the game after this season and I'm just wondering if the MMR across the board has been lowered. I'm finding that my friends and I are all lower than they were even last season.
With the latest batch run I think the average difference in MMR is around -50.

Probably because batch runs recalibrate based on more recent data. MMR's are now relative to the skill of all players in the last 6 months or so, instead of where they were at around 1 year ago.

So if had improved over the last year, you would see your skill go up, but if you didn't improve relative to players in the last 6 months, it may go down.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 21