Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

[Locked] Halo 5: Matchmaking Feedback Update - Mar 15 2019

OP ZaedynFel

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 21
Zaedyn what is the number one stat or metric based on individual performance in non objective games that influence MMR the most?

is it K/D? K/D-A? Simply being 1st on the team? Most kills? Most damage? How are things weighted? I ask just to get a better view of what happens since winning half the games I win I don’t gain CSR- this would like to know how MMR is influenced so in turn CSR goes up.
Zaedyn what is the number one stat or metric based on individual performance in non objective games that influence MMR the most?

is it K/D? K/D-A? Simply being 1st on the team? Most kills? Most damage? How are things weighted? I ask just to get a better view of what happens since winning half the games I win I don’t gain CSR- this would like to know how MMR is influenced so in turn CSR goes up.
Winning is the top stat. After that is kills per minute usually.

But it's also looking at party size, how often you quit, how many matches you've played in that playlist

BUT, it's not looking at the raw stats, it's looking at the stats compared to what players of those skill levels SHOULD have when playing with your type of teammates and against those specific opponents. So it's all relative.

It doesn't expect a Diamond to beat a team of Onyx players with Gold teammates, for example. But it would expect that same Diamond to win with Champ teammates.

It expects a different kpm depending on your opponents as well. Diamond vs. Onyx expects a much lower kpm than Diamond vs. Gold.
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
why does the algorithm allow you to go from a match where the other team quits to a match that you couldn’t possible win. What this means is on a lot of sessions you could win one lose one... be 50% win rate and lose 10 ranks. You get almost no csr for your 4v3 match and lose half a rank for your loss.
Link those matches if you want to know why you lost what you did.

But matchmaking doesn't look at your match history, it matches you with the closest players available at the time.
So I just gave a fantastic new addition to your algorithm. If your ranking algorithm allows me to win 50% of my games and theoretically only go down then your ranking algorithm is broken.
The ranking algorithm has zero to do with allowing you to win 50% of your matches. We don't use Ranks at all in matchmaking.

If you are winning 50% of your matches and still going down, then your performance in those matches is below every other player with your rank, so your rank must go down.

I see nothing broken.

Ranks are closer to MMR than ever, and MMR is more accurate than ever at predicting match outcomes (wins, kills, deaths). It is currently the most accurate system I've worked with.
So I just bookmarked a match. Desperately outranked. I performed the best I could with the trash cans for teammates I just had. Lost about half a rank.
So I just bookmarked a match. Desperately outranked. I performed the best I could with the trash cans for teammates I just had. Lost about half a rank.
Hey there.
Bookmarking a match just sends it to Theater on your Halo 5 account. For Josh to be able to look into it, you need to provide a link to the match in your Game History.
The algorithm makes sense mathematically, but in my opinion doesn’t account for human error As well as being a bit too stringent when it comes to say winning 5 “expected to win type games” for a +5 CSR gain. The player doesn’t feel satisfaction or accomplishment when the bar/ reward is stagnant. Simple as that .

The human error portion effects the algorithm in that say , said team of diamonds with a champ loses to the onyx/diamond team in a game they were “expected” to win because the champ on their team had a bad game. Now the entire team loses 15-30 CSR because they were “expected” to win . Overall result is a net loss of CSR for the night as this pattern occurs all too frequently .

and in my observation after winning several games in a row the system seems to try to draw an Imbalanced match to create a loss. Hence the reason I would bet the majority say upwards of 85% of the population falls within 1 SD of a 40-60 win percentage . There are no 90 percent winners or 20 percent winners because the system defaults to an unwinnable game after so many wins.

i really thought the system and ranking was working well about 2 months ago and for about a year prior to that it was recently something must have changed .
Flipflex wrote:
The algorithm makes sense mathematically, but in my opinion doesn’t account for human error As well as being a bit too stringent when it comes to say winning 5 “expected to win type games” for a +5 CSR gain. The player doesn’t feel satisfaction or accomplishment when the bar/ reward is stagnant. Simple as that .

The human error portion effects the algorithm in that say , said team of diamonds with a champ loses to the onyx/diamond team in a game they were “expected” to win because the champ on their team had a bad game. Now the entire team loses 15-30 CSR because they were “expected” to win . Overall result is a net loss of CSR for the night as this pattern occurs all too frequently .

and in my observation after winning several games in a row the system seems to try to draw an Imbalanced match to create a loss. Hence the reason I would bet the majority say upwards of 85% of the population falls within 1 SD of a 40-60 win percentage . There are no 90 percent winners or 20 percent winners because the system defaults to an unwinnable game after so many wins.

i really thought the system and ranking was working well about 2 months ago and for about a year prior to that it was recently something must have changed .
Nothing has changed in the system. Though your skill may have changed.

Also, the model does indeed account for human error. We've carefully measured how much each player varies in their performance game to game, and that is already accounted for. We know that Diamonds play like Golds 6% of the time, and already account for that.

If you are only getting 1 CSR for a win, then your matches are too easy.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Zaedyn what is the number one stat or metric based on individual performance in non objective games that influence MMR the most?

is it K/D? K/D-A? Simply being 1st on the team? Most kills? Most damage? How are things weighted? I ask just to get a better view of what happens since winning half the games I win I don’t gain CSR- this would like to know how MMR is influenced so in turn CSR goes up.
Winning is the top stat. After that is kills per minute usually.

But it's also looking at party size, how often you quit, how many matches you've played in that playlist

BUT, it's not looking at the raw stats, it's looking at the stats compared to what players of those skill levels SHOULD have when playing with your type of teammates and against those specific opponents. So it's all relative.

It doesn't expect a Diamond to beat a team of Onyx players with Gold teammates, for example. But it would expect that same Diamond to win with Champ teammates.

It expects a different kpm depending on your opponents as well. Diamond vs. Onyx expects a much lower kpm than Diamond vs. Gold.
When you say party size, what do you mean? If I have a fire team of me and 3 friends does that penalize me versus me just going in solo?
ZaedynFel wrote:
Zaedyn what is the number one stat or metric based on individual performance in non objective games that influence MMR the most?

is it K/D? K/D-A? Simply being 1st on the team? Most kills? Most damage? How are things weighted? I ask just to get a better view of what happens since winning half the games I win I don’t gain CSR- this would like to know how MMR is influenced so in turn CSR goes up.
Winning is the top stat. After that is kills per minute usually.

But it's also looking at party size, how often you quit, how many matches you've played in that playlist

BUT, it's not looking at the raw stats, it's looking at the stats compared to what players of those skill levels SHOULD have when playing with your type of teammates and against those specific opponents. So it's all relative.

It doesn't expect a Diamond to beat a team of Onyx players with Gold teammates, for example. But it would expect that same Diamond to win with Champ teammates.

It expects a different kpm depending on your opponents as well. Diamond vs. Onyx expects a much lower kpm than Diamond vs. Gold.
When you say party size, what do you mean? If I have a fire team of me and 3 friends does that penalize me versus me just going in solo?
You aren’t penalized for playing in a party, but the systems does take into account that premade fireteams perform better and win more often than solo-queuers. For example, a premade party of four Diamond 3s plays better than 4 solo-queuing Diamond 3s who get randomly matched together. The system knows this and reflects it in who it matches the party against.
Latest evidence of my above expressed concerns .
lookup my GT on halo tracker for date 11/17/19 : flipflex

as you’ll note, I went 17 wins and only 3 losses. Overall kd and kda well into the positive range .
my rank netted out to basically be the same as when I started the night .
this doesn’t make sense . Such a high win percentage (if as mentioned wins being most heavily weighted should yield a greater CSR gain in total if the system was functioning as intended .
either we are playing under a bugged ranking system or we are all prisoners to a faulty system working within the confines of a depleted halo 5 population where it may be time to apply a new algorithm .
thanks in advance for reviewing and providing feedback...
please return to the ranking system that was present previously it was working well !
Flipflex wrote:
Latest evidence of my above expressed concerns .
lookup my GT on halo tracker for date 11/17/19 : flipflex

as you’ll note, I went 17 wins and only 3 losses. Overall kd and kda well into the positive range .
my rank netted out to basically be the same as when I started the night .
this doesn’t make sense . Such a high win percentage (if as mentioned wins being most heavily weighted should yield a greater CSR gain in total if the system was functioning as intended .
either we are playing under a bugged ranking system or we are all prisoners to a faulty system working within the confines of a depleted halo 5 population where it may be time to apply a new algorithm .
thanks in advance for reviewing and providing feedback...
please return to the ranking system that was present previously it was working well !
The Ranking system has not changed one bit and is, in fact, more accurate than ever.

Win percentages and KD are ignored and irrelevant. As stated, it matters who you beat, and what your kpm is against the skill of your opponents. If you are winning and not going up, then you are performing as expected. If you beat a team that the system expects you to beat, you will not go up. If your kpm is the same as predicted for that match, you will not go up.

Population is not effecting this. If you play a team that is too easy, you should not only win, but have a high performance. This is not happening in your data. When you play easier teams, your performance is as expected.

I see no evidence in your recent performances that you deserve a higher CSR. You have been playing like a Diamond 2 player (see graph):

asdfasdf
Chimera30 wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Zaedyn what is the number one stat or metric based on individual performance in non objective games that influence MMR the most?

is it K/D? K/D-A? Simply being 1st on the team? Most kills? Most damage? How are things weighted? I ask just to get a better view of what happens since winning half the games I win I don’t gain CSR- this would like to know how MMR is influenced so in turn CSR goes up.
Winning is the top stat. After that is kills per minute usually.

But it's also looking at party size, how often you quit, how many matches you've played in that playlist

BUT, it's not looking at the raw stats, it's looking at the stats compared to what players of those skill levels SHOULD have when playing with your type of teammates and against those specific opponents. So it's all relative.

It doesn't expect a Diamond to beat a team of Onyx players with Gold teammates, for example. But it would expect that same Diamond to win with Champ teammates.

It expects a different kpm depending on your opponents as well. Diamond vs. Onyx expects a much lower kpm than Diamond vs. Gold.
When you say party size, what do you mean? If I have a fire team of me and 3 friends does that penalize me versus me just going in solo?
You aren’t penalized for playing in a party, but the systems does take into account that premade fireteams perform better and win more often than solo-queuers. For example, a premade party of four Diamond 3s plays better than 4 solo-queuing Diamond 3s who get randomly matched together. The system knows this and reflects it in who it matches the party against.
Yes, this is correct. If you play in a party, you will have a higher CSR. Not because there's a bonus or anything, but because players play better in parties, and so get ranked higher.

This is true for most but not all playlists. The system learns how much this applies to each game mode
ZaedynFel wrote:
Flipflex wrote:
Latest evidence of my above expressed concerns .
lookup my GT on halo tracker for date 11/17/19 : flipflex

as you’ll note, I went 17 wins and only 3 losses. Overall kd and kda well into the positive range .
my rank netted out to basically be the same as when I started the night .
this doesn’t make sense . Such a high win percentage (if as mentioned wins being most heavily weighted should yield a greater CSR gain in total if the system was functioning as intended .
either we are playing under a bugged ranking system or we are all prisoners to a faulty system working within the confines of a depleted halo 5 population where it may be time to apply a new algorithm .
thanks in advance for reviewing and providing feedback...
please return to the ranking system that was present previously it was working well !
The Ranking system has not changed one bit and is, in fact, more accurate than ever.

Win percentages and KD are ignored and irrelevant. As stated, it matters who you beat, and what your kpm is against the skill of your opponents. If you are winning and not going up, then you are performing as expected. If you beat a team that the system expects you to beat, you will not go up. If your kpm is the same as predicted for that match, you will not go up.

Population is not effecting this. If you play a team that is too easy, you should not only win, but have a high performance. This is not happening in your data. When you play easier teams, your performance is as expected.

I see no evidence in your recent performances that you deserve a higher CSR. You have been playing like a Diamond 2 player (see graph):

In addition, your kpm vs. Onyx players is only 1.06, which is low Diamond.

If you were Onyx, you would have a kpm of 1.56 against Onyx players, like the average Onyx player does.

Your win% against Onyx is also only 27%
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Flipflex wrote:
Latest evidence of my above expressed concerns .
lookup my GT on halo tracker for date 11/17/19 : flipflex

as you’ll note, I went 17 wins and only 3 losses. Overall kd and kda well into the positive range .
my rank netted out to basically be the same as when I started the night .
this doesn’t make sense . Such a high win percentage (if as mentioned wins being most heavily weighted should yield a greater CSR gain in total if the system was functioning as intended .
either we are playing under a bugged ranking system or we are all prisoners to a faulty system working within the confines of a depleted halo 5 population where it may be time to apply a new algorithm .
thanks in advance for reviewing and providing feedback...
please return to the ranking system that was present previously it was working well !
The Ranking system has not changed one bit and is, in fact, more accurate than ever.

Win percentages and KD are ignored and irrelevant. As stated, it matters who you beat, and what your kpm is against the skill of your opponents. If you are winning and not going up, then you are performing as expected. If you beat a team that the system expects you to beat, you will not go up. If your kpm is the same as predicted for that match, you will not go up.

Population is not effecting this. If you play a team that is too easy, you should not only win, but have a high performance. This is not happening in your data. When you play easier teams, your performance is as expected.

I see no evidence in your recent performances that you deserve a higher CSR. You have been playing like a Diamond 2 player (see graph):

In addition, your kpm vs. Onyx players is only 1.06, which is low Diamond.

If you were Onyx, you would have a kpm of 1.56 against Onyx players, like the average Onyx player does.

Your win% against Onyx is also only 27%
Thanks for the info and response , but in my opinion I still find the system faulty . Not rankimg up after going 17-3 doesn’t make any sense .
additionally, our team never played “ a team of onyx players.”
we played teams with occasionally an onyx sprinkled in with several diamonds .
i was an onyx about a month ago , and I was playing the exact same way as I am now .
if the system was working correctly I never would have been able to make it to onyx using the logic you mentioned as it would have been mathematically impossible unless I “ beat your system “ but I heard this new algorithm prevents inflation . This isn’t the case if I made it to onyx and my mmr is d2.
Flipflex wrote:
Not rankimg up after going 17-3 doesn’t make any sense.

i was an onyx about a month ago , and I was playing the exact same way as I am now. if the system was working correctly I never would have been able to make it to onyx using the logic you mentioned
It's explained in the quote below as to why you wouldn't rank up despite having a decent game. You also may be playing the exact same way, but you aren't going to be facing the exact same opponents from a month ago and who you play can influence how much CSR you get so that's likely why you're a different rank now.

ZaedynFel wrote:
Win percentages and KD are ignored and irrelevant. As stated, it matters who you beat, and what your kpm is against the skill of your opponents. If you are winning and not going up, then you are performing as expected. If you beat a team that the system expects you to beat, you will not go up. If your kpm is the same as predicted for that match, you will not go up.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Flipflex wrote:
Not rankimg up after going 17-3 doesn’t make any sense.

i was an onyx about a month ago , and I was playing the exact same way as I am now. if the system was working correctly I never would have been able to make it to onyx using the logic you mentioned
It's explained in the quote below as to why you wouldn't rank up despite having a decent game. You also may be playing the exact same way, but you aren't going to be facing the exact same opponents from a month ago and who you play can influence how much CSR you get so that's likely why you're a different rank now.

ZaedynFel wrote:
Win percentages and KD are ignored and irrelevant. As stated, it matters who you beat, and what your kpm is against the skill of your opponents. If you are winning and not going up, then you are performing as expected. If you beat a team that the system expects you to beat, you will not go up. If your kpm is the same as predicted for that match, you will not go up.
Lukepowa,
your line of reasoning supports my theory that the algorithm is obsolete due to the decreasing population of halo 5 . There is also no way I should go 17-3 if the teams were being properly balanced and the algorithm was working . Population is too low to find balanced matches or high enough opponents to provide opportunity of ranking up with CSR for a win.
it tells me my CSR and my teammates CSR is under-ranking us if we went 17-3 beating teams the system assumed were balanced matches ie diamond players that actually deserve to be onyx (and have been earlier in the season-check my stats ).

i would like to see a graph of my MMR when I hit onyx about a month ago . I find it hard to believe my skill level dropped from onyx to D2 in a month when I’ve actually been playing better , with a higher kd kda and kpm.
Flipflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Flipflex wrote:
Latest evidence of my above expressed concerns .
lookup my GT on halo tracker for date 11/17/19 : flipflex

as you’ll note, I went 17 wins and only 3 losses. Overall kd and kda well into the positive range .
my rank netted out to basically be the same as when I started the night .
this doesn’t make sense . Such a high win percentage (if as mentioned wins being most heavily weighted should yield a greater CSR gain in total if the system was functioning as intended .
either we are playing under a bugged ranking system or we are all prisoners to a faulty system working within the confines of a depleted halo 5 population where it may be time to apply a new algorithm .
thanks in advance for reviewing and providing feedback...
please return to the ranking system that was present previously it was working well !
The Ranking system has not changed one bit and is, in fact, more accurate than ever.

Win percentages and KD are ignored and irrelevant. As stated, it matters who you beat, and what your kpm is against the skill of your opponents. If you are winning and not going up, then you are performing as expected. If you beat a team that the system expects you to beat, you will not go up. If your kpm is the same as predicted for that match, you will not go up.

Population is not effecting this. If you play a team that is too easy, you should not only win, but have a high performance. This is not happening in your data. When you play easier teams, your performance is as expected.

I see no evidence in your recent performances that you deserve a higher CSR. You have been playing like a Diamond 2 player (see graph):

In addition, your kpm vs. Onyx players is only 1.06, which is low Diamond.

If you were Onyx, you would have a kpm of 1.56 against Onyx players, like the average Onyx player does.

Your win% against Onyx is also only 27%
Thanks for the info and response , but in my opinion I still find the system faulty . Not rankimg up after going 17-3 doesn’t make any sense .
additionally, our team never played “ a team of onyx players.”
we played teams with occasionally an onyx sprinkled in with several diamonds .
i was an onyx about a month ago , and I was playing the exact same way as I am now .
if the system was working correctly I never would have been able to make it to onyx using the logic you mentioned as it would have been mathematically impossible unless I “ beat your system “ but I heard this new algorithm prevents inflation . This isn’t the case if I made it to onyx and my mmr is d2.
Player skill swings all the time, both up and down. If you dip from Onyx to Diamond, then either you got worse, a lot of players got better, a lot of players got better faster than you, or a lot of players got worse slower than you. There are a lot of ways that can happen.

You have played 11 matches against teams that had an average MMR between 1500 and 1650. You have won 3 of them.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Flipflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Flipflex wrote:
Latest evidence of my above expressed concerns .
lookup my GT on halo tracker for date 11/17/19 : flipflex

as you’ll note, I went 17 wins and only 3 losses. Overall kd and kda well into the positive range .
my rank netted out to basically be the same as when I started the night .
this doesn’t make sense . Such a high win percentage (if as mentioned wins being most heavily weighted should yield a greater CSR gain in total if the system was functioning as intended .
either we are playing under a bugged ranking system or we are all prisoners to a faulty system working within the confines of a depleted halo 5 population where it may be time to apply a new algorithm .
thanks in advance for reviewing and providing feedback...
please return to the ranking system that was present previously it was working well !
The Ranking system has not changed one bit and is, in fact, more accurate than ever.

Win percentages and KD are ignored and irrelevant. As stated, it matters who you beat, and what your kpm is against the skill of your opponents. If you are winning and not going up, then you are performing as expected. If you beat a team that the system expects you to beat, you will not go up. If your kpm is the same as predicted for that match, you will not go up.

Population is not effecting this. If you play a team that is too easy, you should not only win, but have a high performance. This is not happening in your data. When you play easier teams, your performance is as expected.

I see no evidence in your recent performances that you deserve a higher CSR. You have been playing like a Diamond 2 player (see graph):

In addition, your kpm vs. Onyx players is only 1.06, which is low Diamond.

If you were Onyx, you would have a kpm of 1.56 against Onyx players, like the average Onyx player does.

Your win% against Onyx is also only 27%
Thanks for the info and response , but in my opinion I still find the system faulty . Not rankimg up after going 17-3 doesn’t make any sense .
additionally, our team never played “ a team of onyx players.”
we played teams with occasionally an onyx sprinkled in with several diamonds .
i was an onyx about a month ago , and I was playing the exact same way as I am now .
if the system was working correctly I never would have been able to make it to onyx using the logic you mentioned as it would have been mathematically impossible unless I “ beat your system “ but I heard this new algorithm prevents inflation . This isn’t the case if I made it to onyx and my mmr is d2.
Player skill swings all the time, both up and down. If you dip from Onyx to Diamond, then either you got worse, a lot of players got better, a lot of players got better faster than you, or a lot of players got worse slower than you. There are a lot of ways that can happen.

You have played 11 matches against teams that had an average MMR between 1500 and 1650. You have won 3 of them.
Cool thanks for the info ; still sticking to my Line of reasoning lol .
but anyways back to halo I don’t care about rank that much anyway just fun playing but ya would be nice to see a moving bar with wins and losses simple as that .
Flipflex wrote:
your line of reasoning supports my theory that the algorithm is obsolete due to the decreasing population of halo 5 . There is also no way I should go 17-3 if the teams were being properly balanced and the algorithm was working . Population is too low to find balanced matches or high enough opponents to provide opportunity of ranking up with CSR for a win.it tells me my CSR and my teammates CSR is under-ranking us if we went 17-3 beating teams the system assumed were balanced matches ie diamond players that actually deserve to be onyx (and have been earlier in the season-check my stats ).
The system doesn't always make balanced matches on purpose due to low population. FFA is a good example of that. In that scenario, both teams would likely only gain/lose the minimum amount of CSR because it's just trying let people get a game. I think it would also lead to inflated ranks if you gave people a lot of CSR in those matches.
Flipflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Flipflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Flipflex wrote:
Latest evidence of my above expressed concerns .
lookup my GT on halo tracker for date 11/17/19 : flipflex

as you’ll note, I went 17 wins and only 3 losses. Overall kd and kda well into the positive range .
my rank netted out to basically be the same as when I started the night .
this doesn’t make sense . Such a high win percentage (if as mentioned wins being most heavily weighted should yield a greater CSR gain in total if the system was functioning as intended .
either we are playing under a bugged ranking system or we are all prisoners to a faulty system working within the confines of a depleted halo 5 population where it may be time to apply a new algorithm .
thanks in advance for reviewing and providing feedback...
please return to the ranking system that was present previously it was working well !
The Ranking system has not changed one bit and is, in fact, more accurate than ever.

Win percentages and KD are ignored and irrelevant. As stated, it matters who you beat, and what your kpm is against the skill of your opponents. If you are winning and not going up, then you are performing as expected. If you beat a team that the system expects you to beat, you will not go up. If your kpm is the same as predicted for that match, you will not go up.

Population is not effecting this. If you play a team that is too easy, you should not only win, but have a high performance. This is not happening in your data. When you play easier teams, your performance is as expected.

I see no evidence in your recent performances that you deserve a higher CSR. You have been playing like a Diamond 2 player (see graph):

In addition, your kpm vs. Onyx players is only 1.06, which is low Diamond.

If you were Onyx, you would have a kpm of 1.56 against Onyx players, like the average Onyx player does.

Your win% against Onyx is also only 27%
Thanks for the info and response , but in my opinion I still find the system faulty . Not rankimg up after going 17-3 doesn’t make any sense .
additionally, our team never played “ a team of onyx players.”
we played teams with occasionally an onyx sprinkled in with several diamonds .
i was an onyx about a month ago , and I was playing the exact same way as I am now .
if the system was working correctly I never would have been able to make it to onyx using the logic you mentioned as it would have been mathematically impossible unless I “ beat your system “ but I heard this new algorithm prevents inflation . This isn’t the case if I made it to onyx and my mmr is d2.
Player skill swings all the time, both up and down. If you dip from Onyx to Diamond, then either you got worse, a lot of players got better, a lot of players got better faster than you, or a lot of players got worse slower than you. There are a lot of ways that can happen.

You have played 11 matches against teams that had an average MMR between 1500 and 1650. You have won 3 of them.
Cool thanks for the info ; still sticking to my Line of reasoning lol .
but anyways back to halo I don’t care about rank that much anyway just fun playing but ya would be nice to see a moving bar with wins and losses simple as that .
Except a moving bar with wins and losses doesn't imply any skill.

Think about it this way. Say you are the best player in the world and play a 1v1 playlist. This would mean that you would never (or very rarely) lose any games at all. That makes sense because you are the best player and therefore would win more than anyone else. That also means that your "moving bar" would never stop moving up and only be limited by the amount of games you can put it. However, player skill doesn't work like that. Even if you were the best player in the world your skill would reach a personal ceiling at some point. So in order to have an accurate measure of skill, your CSR and MMR rank would top out at some point (simply because you cannot perform any better than you are possibly able to do). In that scenario a better measure of skill would have your CSR rank stop increasing and top out at whatever point your skill is. From that point on wins shouldn't net you any CSR since you have already achieved the correct skill level equivalent in CSR. You would be the highest and number 1 but your skill would be shown correctly.

Now apply that to your current rank. You have been perfoming at a low diamond level of play (shown by Josh, the guy who has data on every game ever played in H5 and every player). That doesn't mean you have been losing games. All that means is that in the games you have been played you have performing at a diamond 2 level of skill. Therefore even if you win your CSR shouldn't increase significantly because you aren't at those higher skill levels. The same thing goes if you lose. If you are performing at your current skill level and you lose you shouldn't lose any significant CSR.

What you are asking for is a ladder based system which is misleading in terms of skill. Being onyx in previous seasons means nothing because player skill varies, population skill varies, and they do consistent batch runs to fix misleading CSR ranks.
QX wrote:
Flipflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Flipflex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Flipflex wrote:
Latest evidence of my above expressed concerns .
lookup my GT on halo tracker for date 11/17/19 : flipflex

as you’ll note, I went 17 wins and only 3 losses. Overall kd and kda well into the positive range .
my rank netted out to basically be the same as when I started the night .
this doesn’t make sense . Such a high win percentage (if as mentioned wins being most heavily weighted should yield a greater CSR gain in total if the system was functioning as intended .
either we are playing under a bugged ranking system or we are all prisoners to a faulty system working within the confines of a depleted halo 5 population where it may be time to apply a new algorithm .
thanks in advance for reviewing and providing feedback...
please return to the ranking system that was present previously it was working well !
The Ranking system has not changed one bit and is, in fact, more accurate than ever.

Win percentages and KD are ignored and irrelevant. As stated, it matters who you beat, and what your kpm is against the skill of your opponents. If you are winning and not going up, then you are performing as expected. If you beat a team that the system expects you to beat, you will not go up. If your kpm is the same as predicted for that match, you will not go up.

Population is not effecting this. If you play a team that is too easy, you should not only win, but have a high performance. This is not happening in your data. When you play easier teams, your performance is as expected.

I see no evidence in your recent performances that you deserve a higher CSR. You have been playing like a Diamond 2 player (see graph):

In addition, your kpm vs. Onyx players is only 1.06, which is low Diamond.

If you were Onyx, you would have a kpm of 1.56 against Onyx players, like the average Onyx player does.

Your win% against Onyx is also only 27%
Thanks for the info and response , but in my opinion I still find the system faulty . Not rankimg up after going 17-3 doesn’t make any sense .
additionally, our team never played “ a team of onyx players.”
we played teams with occasionally an onyx sprinkled in with several diamonds .
i was an onyx about a month ago , and I was playing the exact same way as I am now .
if the system was working correctly I never would have been able to make it to onyx using the logic you mentioned as it would have been mathematically impossible unless I “ beat your system “ but I heard this new algorithm prevents inflation . This isn’t the case if I made it to onyx and my mmr is d2.
Player skill swings all the time, both up and down. If you dip from Onyx to Diamond, then either you got worse, a lot of players got better, a lot of players got better faster than you, or a lot of players got worse slower than you. There are a lot of ways that can happen.

You have played 11 matches against teams that had an average MMR between 1500 and 1650. You have won 3 of them.
Cool thanks for the info ; still sticking to my Line of reasoning lol .
but anyways back to halo I don’t care about rank that much anyway just fun playing but ya would be nice to see a moving bar with wins and losses simple as that .
Except a moving bar with wins and losses doesn't imply any skill.

Think about it this way. Say you are the best player in the world and play a 1v1 playlist. This would mean that you would never (or very rarely) lose any games at all. That makes sense because you are the best player and therefore would win more than anyone else. That also means that your "moving bar" would never stop moving up and only be limited by the amount of games you can put it. However, player skill doesn't work like that. Even if you were the best player in the world your skill would reach a personal ceiling at some point. So in order to have an accurate measure of skill, your CSR and MMR rank would top out at some point (simply because you cannot perform any better than you are possibly able to do). In that scenario a better measure of skill would have your CSR rank stop increasing and top out at whatever point your skill is. From that point on wins shouldn't net you any CSR since you have already achieved the correct skill level equivalent in CSR. You would be the highest and number 1 but your skill would be shown correctly.

Now apply that to your current rank. You have been perfoming at a low diamond level of play (shown by Josh, the guy who has data on every game ever played in H5 and every player). That doesn't mean you have been losing games. All that means is that in the games you have been played you have performing at a diamond 2 level of skill. Therefore even if you win your CSR shouldn't increase significantly because you aren't at those higher skill levels. The same thing goes if you lose. If you are performing at your current skill level and you lose you shouldn't lose any significant CSR.

What you are asking for is a ladder based system which is misleading in terms of skill. Being onyx in previous seasons means nothing because player skill varies, population skill varies, and they do consistent batch runs to fix misleading CSR ranks.
For old times sake I will give you this game to analyze.
Tell me the best player on my team and who is the worst.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/it-it/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/065e92eb-278f-46c5-9995-2a10360f0f01/players/nbk%20darkwarlock?gameHistoryMatchIndex=3&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 21