2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. 19
  6. 20
  7. ...
  8. 21
LUKEPOWA wrote:
ZaedynFel in the latest community update, they said they're going to overhaul Waypoint and things like some forum threads and community updates for example will be wiped clean. Is there a way to keep the old Feedback threads linked below so they don't disappear?

Link.
There’s also got to be a way to archive the Community Updates somehow. There’s a lot of valuable historic documentation and information possessed in those too.
Accidental double post.
Thank the lord.
I just went 22-3 in my last 25 games and went from a diamond 4 to barely clinging onto a diamond 5. The three losses completed erased the rank progress I made from the 22 games that I won. I can’t say that I’ve been more frustrated by the ranking system than I am now. SMH
Itz Holsta wrote:
I just went 22-3 in my last 25 games and went from a diamond 4 to barely clinging onto a diamond 5. The three losses completed erased the rank progress I made from the 22 games that I won. I can’t say that I’ve been more frustrated by the ranking system than I am now. SMH
I went through a couple pages of your games and I have bad news. You're winning most of them, but you look like you're playing as the system expects you to play so you're not going to get a lot of CSR. By that I mean you aren't getting a huge amount of kills in most of them and the ones where you do get a bunch of kills, the other team is usually mostly composed of lower ranks. It probably doesn't help that you're also playing in a party so your default MMR is going to be higher which means you'll have to beat higher skilled players to get a lot of CSR.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Itz Holsta wrote:
I went through a couple pages of your games and I have bad news. You're winning most of them, but you look like you're playing as the system expects you to play so you're not going to get a lot of CSR. By that I mean you aren't getting a huge amount of kills in most of them and the ones where you do get a bunch of kills, the other team is usually mostly composed of lower ranks. It probably doesn't help that you're also playing in a party so your default MMR is going to be higher which means you'll have to beat higher skilled players to get a lot of CSR.
LUKEPOWA,

Thanks for taking a look. The same issue was occurring to my teammates as well. If you look at the last few games, we played against diamond 4’s and 5’s. PANCAKEONMYFACE was hardly getting any CSR for beating a team of high diamonds. However, when we lost one of those games, he lost nearly half of a rank. I guess my issue is that the system doesn’t provide enough CSR for victories and is too harsh for losses, especially considering we were playing against the same team in each case. Our team was having an amazing run last night but we were all disheartened by how quickly all of the progress we made was lost after we lost the last game.

In one case, HAM CLUCH actually went down in rank after winning a game and posting 21 kills as the kill leader. I’m assuming the ranking system is a little different at the Champion level but that was odd. I’d be curious to see if you could take a look at that I would appreciate it. I apologize for the rant, I’m just frustrated. Thanks for listening.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Itz Holsta wrote:
Coup can’t wait until one day you just go into more details with what exactly you’re saying. I mean I understand what you’re saying but I want to see it! I want to have specifics like yeah I know if I’m with a fire team I’m going to have to play higher rank kids on the other team but how much higher what’s the average amount of kills per CSR ranks of the game expects me to get what is the skill level of opposing team players that I need to play to even get experience diamond ones time in threes it’s just so nontransparent and I would love to see the stuff that you’re looking at.

For instance yeah I would probably 10 games in a row last night with my team I was first pretty much every single game but the opposing team was most the time the majority platinum’s just nothing you can do about it at the population of that time doesn’t have your same CSR level players but it is very frustrating when all of a sudden one game that you lose you lose more CSR than what you’ve gained in the past two hours. for instance yeah I won probably 10 games in a row last night with my team I was first pretty much every single game but the opposing team was most of the time the majority platinum‘s just nothing you can do about it if the population of that time doesn’t have your same CSR level players but it is very frustrating when all of a sudden one game that you lose you lose more CSR than what you gained in the past two hours. sooooo much more grind!

Maybe in addition to what I said earlier you can also show some type of playlist population map or like times that certain playlist are most like a pirate it would just be nice to know when to get on to play so that I can actually rank up because there’s people of my scale playing I get that each day is different than the last and there’s a lot of variety but in previous halos there would be a population number on the main screen for inmaybe in addition to what I said earlier you can also show some type of playlist population map for like times that certain playlist or most occupied or it would just be nice to know when to get on to play so that I can actually rank up because there’s people of my skill plan I get that each day is different than the last and there’s a lot of variety but in previous halos there would be a population number on the main screen for example.

To top everything off that I just said besides the fact of you and the team winning eczema on of games in a row and just losing wine or makes it more frustrating is the fact that and all the games that you win at least 50% of them people on the opposing team leaves and they don’t leave at the very beginning it’s like they leave when you beat the heart out of their team so they give up but then at that point it’s like the game was for nothing because you’re getting no CSR and it feels like a waste of time and people quit all the time it’s like one out of every three games someone quits on the other team there’s got to be someway we can enforce the punishment for leaving
I can only speculate, but I'm sure Josh can provide those details.
I'd really appreciate if you guys could stop using ranks from other playlists when adding new ones. I played my first match of Mythic Arena yesterday which has been in the game for a few weeks and it decides to put me in a match with like 5 champion players. Now thats fine and everything but I don't even know the maps at all so I don't know how this makes any sense.
Other games that confused the hell out of me.

Have a bronze 5 on my team vs 2 champions?

Not sure what happened here but my teammate that went 3-19 actually suicided 3 times so he had a score of 0.

I'm finding matches fairly quickly, like 30 seconds, but tbh I'd rather search for 5 mins and get a better match. Its better than last year at least, when I used to search for 10+ mins and then give up.
Can you give any new info on when you plan to consolidate the playlists?
I played three matches of Swat in a row with a Champion and a Silver.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/a58aa585-6284-4869-9b50-9bd93cee4e7d/players/hotlover87?gameHistoryMatchIndex=2&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/ff855e68-1ba2-4355-884a-09b8c1ae16de/players/hotlover87?gameHistoryMatchIndex=1&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/7d8f1e8a-00d5-4fb3-a430-149b1e4a454a/players/hotlover87?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
HotLover87 wrote:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/a58aa585-6284-4869-9b50-9bd93cee4e7d/players/hotlover87?gameHistoryMatchIndex=2&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/ff855e68-1ba2-4355-884a-09b8c1ae16de/players/hotlover87?gameHistoryMatchIndex=1&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/7d8f1e8a-00d5-4fb3-a430-149b1e4a454a/players/hotlover87?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
Yes, this is due to population size at the time you are searching.

Also, keep in mind that it will allow wider skill gaps if all the players are in the same region.
ZaedynFel wrote:
HotLover87 wrote:

Yes, this is due to population size at the time you are searching.

Also, keep in mind that it will allow wider skill gaps if all the players are in the same region.
I understand. Thank you!
The Super Fiesta Party playlist makes sense as a consolidation option; though, I'm a little surprised you didn't simply elect to rotate between the two playlists (Super Fiesta & Husky Raid) on a weekly basis. Nevertheless, I think it's a reasonable change that'll help sustain match quality.

I am a bit surprised that you didn't elect to rotate the Big Team modes: Big Team Super Fiesta, Big Team Battle, & Castle Wars. And at the same time I'm glad you didn't because Big Team Battle is a personal draw for me. I suppose electing to rotate the Big Team playlists may still be something that's under consideration and if it does happen I hope you elect to bring back the second or "other" rotational slot vs outright remove a playlist slot.

I say this because it does feel like it'll now take even longer for my favorite playlist, (CE) Anniversary Throwback, to rotate back around despite the change to 1 week vs 2 week. But, when it does return it saddens me greatly to know that I'll only have access to it for a period of a week instead of two. I sure hope I'm available to play it during that week or else it becomes an extremely long wait to get yet another opportunity.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I recently left an Oddball Echelon game in the Team Arena ranked playlist because one of my team mates was AFK. I lost 30 CSR as is usual, but afterwards I won a few games and started to notice I was gaining literally zero CSR. I won multiple games and gained zero CSR (check my game history if you wish to verify), but when I lost I would lose the normal amount. I also noticed the skill level of my opponents dropped significantly. This all happened after I left that Oddball game and is obviously quite frustrating, because I am winning most of my games and getting nothing for it whilst still being punished for losing.
I've noticed some other people saying they aren't getting CSR as well so there must be some kind of issue going on. Maybe ZaedynFel can look into it.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I've noticed some other people saying they aren't getting CSR as well so there must be some kind of issue going on. Maybe ZaedynFel can look into it.
Yeah, we had an issue crop up over our holiday weekend that we were able to resolve yesterday evening (PST)
Any possibility of a playlist calendar for end of January into February/March? Uny, I'm looking at you! Unyshek

Edit 1-27-20: Thanks Unyshek!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. 19
  6. 20
  7. ...
  8. 21