[Locked] Halo 5: Matchmaking Feedback Update - Mar 15 2019

OP ZaedynFel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 19
  4. 20
  5. ...
  6. 21
I want to chime in on the issues with the ranking system. I do agree that playing game after game after game and gaining no CSR is a huge issue. The problem is that, as a player, I have no control over who I am matched with. If I continuously get matched with lower level players, play great, and never gain rank then I feel like I'm being punished for something that I have no control over. This is fundamentally where the system is broken.

What is the point of continuing to play after you are assigned rank if you are just pigeon holed into the assigned rank by the system? Why bother having a ranking system to begin with if the system is built to not allow you to move up?

If I win a game, I should gain 1 CSR no matter what (even if the other team quits). That will rank me up and should pit me against more difficult opponents in the future which should give me the change to succeed or fail. I would rather sink and swim than tread water.

Losing can be different. If a player quits, or the team's skill levels are considerably different then maybe no CSR should be lost. It seems like the system already knows who is favored and who isn't so it should be able to figure that out.
SG FeLLoN wrote:
So basically no matter what game type you are playing whether it be oddball, strongholds, or slayer you should be worrying about killing the other team as much as possible even if it is an objective game like ball or strongholds. Because I read that you said something like a kill in ball/strongholds takes more skill or gets you more csr/exp than say scoring a flag or holding the ball. So basically worry about your kdr and forget the flag or ball in objective because if you have 2 scores and 9 kills but your buddy has 10 kills and no scores, your buddy having one more kill than you and no flags scored would be favored to rank up faster than you even though you are scoring the flag which is the point of the game to win?(from what I read on objective gametypes don't worry about the objective and just kill because a kill is looked at with much more skill which leads to more csr= rank up faster idk)
No, I'm saying the players who focus on keeping the other team dead currently win WAY more matches than players who focus on objectives.

Most of our objectives are mechanically easy to do as long as the other team is dead. It's not hard to walk from point A to point B if there's no one to stop you. Or to hold the ball.

In flag focus on keeping the other team dead and the flags will come. That's super strong in the data.
Can we have husky raid back as it's own Playlist?
T Physkal wrote:
Can we have husky raid back as it's own Playlist?
Or objective only?
Hey Josh,

I've been playing some MCC on the PC and it's consistently putting me on Southeast Asia servers and games are only taking about 2-3 minutes to find, this is awesome!
Do you have any insight as to why it's working this way on PC only? Still only getting put on US West on MCC Xbox and Halo 5 - furthermore would this be something to think about implementing for Xbox MCC and Halo 5?

Cheers,

Leo
Thorulfr wrote:
Hey Josh,

I've been playing some MCC on the PC and it's consistently putting me on Southeast Asia servers and games are only taking about 2-3 minutes to find, this is awesome!
Do you have any insight as to why it's working this way on PC only? Still only getting put on US West on MCC Xbox and Halo 5 - furthermore would this be something to think about implementing for Xbox MCC and Halo 5?

Cheers,

Leo
I don't know what MCC PC does tbh. In theory that happens because there are enough SEA players playing when you are.

Right now (new feature), H5's system will look at how many SEA players are playing and if it knows there will be at least, e.g., 8 in the next few minute, H5 will try harder for SEA vs. US.

But if it's going to be a long wait for SEA, it will quickly match US instead of waiting forever for something that won't happen.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Thorulfr wrote:
Hey Josh,

Cheers,

Leo
I don't know what MCC PC does tbh. In theory that happens because there are enough SEA players playing when you are.

Right now (new feature), H5's system will look at how many SEA players are playing and if it knows there will be at least, e.g., 8 in the next few minute, H5 will try harder for SEA vs. US.

But if it's going to be a long wait for SEA, it will quickly match US instead of waiting forever for something that won't happen.
Thanks Josh,

Love the sound of that new feature! That sounds like it could really help people hit their closest data centres more often (even in the US actually) - genius! Whoever is developing this so late in the lifespan deserves a beer from me. Gonna jump back on for some H5 and see how it goes. Cheers!
Hey Josh,

I was curious about these past two games.

Game 1, new(ish) account has highest KPM

Game 2, new account has highest KPM, playing with a low KPM player (his son?) but knows to limit deaths based off his stats.

In both instances I almost lost the max CSR. Not going to lie, the players with high KPMs were probably better than me so I am curious if their MMR was higher? If it was, it would be weird to lose so much CSR. If it wasn't and MMR is more of an accumulation over time, isn't this a way to manipulate the matchmaking?

In addition, is playing with a player who isn't "good" (low KPM) but knows how to not die also a sort of an avenue for manipulation since matchups are created based on KPM? Clearly my teammates didn't get that memo.

I suppose the equivalent for the normal gametypes is a player who is actually good but never finishes a kill on purpose. Low deaths, high damage, low kills. Can the system account for this?
ZaedynFel wrote:
Thorulfr wrote:
Hey Josh,

Cheers,

Leo

Can we get Husky Raid back bro?
We need an exclusive Husky raid playlist!!!
I hate being forced to play super fiesta when I dont care for it at all.
Really? No real objective games any more? Maybe 1 in 15 if you want to play Husky Raid. Time to uninstall 5 and rethink buying Infinite. Poor show.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Quote:
ZombieP1ow
Really? No real objective games any more? Maybe 1 in 15 if you want to play Husky Raid. Time to uninstall 5 and rethink buying Infinite. Poor show.
Husky Raid is your goto objective playlist? Team Arena has objective, Warzone has objective, Firefight has objective, extermination playlist, heck even the campaign.

branch out my dude, although looking at your profile you seem to play all those lists already. You can always create a custom game and leave it open for a husky type game, I used to do that a while back. Also if you uninstall be aware that this game is like 100 gigs, so should you choose to reinstall could take a bit.
I dont play team arena because you can still get slayer.
husky raid was great on its own.
need a 3 player option, sick of that 4th random that plays for the other team.
break out was great until extermination came along.
343 please be logical about this and not fold to the masses.
your doing a great job and thank you.
I love halo😇
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 19
  4. 20
  5. ...
  6. 21