1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Should be an automatic 15 minute ban and increase the more you do it
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I haven't had a big issue with quitting this past week but I have had a few ranked slayer games start with three players on one of the teams.

Is this a case of that player leaving before the game starts or is it booting them out for some reason?
I haven't had a big issue with quitting this past week but I have had a few ranked slayer games start with three players on one of the teams.

Is this a case of that player leaving before the game starts or is it booting them out for some reason?
That usually happens because a player leaves or disconnects when the game is loading.
I'd agree if the ban time resets after a certain time period like MCC does it, but not if it continues to stack up no matter how much time has passed.
Yeah! And I wish the spawn kills would stop
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I'd agree if the ban time resets after a certain time period like MCC does it, but not if it continues to stack up no matter how much time has passed.
I'd also say no ban on the first offense of each streak. Sometimes disconnections just happen.
all I know is, if I'm playing and somebody on my team quits, I'll say goodbye right the second after.

I'm not going to stay and get a pounding because of being short handed (ranked play obviously)
I'm waiting for some kind of "prime" matchmaking like CS:GO has (had?). You have to be a certain level to access it (this would also allow the MM system more time to identify skill level) and quitting out of matches will match you against other quitters, while players who do not quit are put with other players who don't quit. I'd say 15-25% of my Team Arena games I play solo have someone quitting.
Truthfully I want to agree with you, but I had a problem a couple times where the lag was so bad I couldn't move around without skipping all over the map. It wasn't a network issue either, I checked up on that and that was good. I had to back out, I reset the Xbox, the router, and tried again. Played like 3 games and it did it again. I have no idea what caused that. It costed me a full platinum csr. I didn't have any control over it.
Truthfully I want to agree with you, but I had a problem a couple times where the lag was so bad I couldn't move around without skipping all over the map. It wasn't a network issue either, I checked up on that and that was good. I had to back out, I reset the Xbox, the router, and tried again. Played like 3 games and it did it again. I have no idea what caused that. It costed me a full platinum csr. I didn't have any control over it.
In a round about way I think it would force 343 to make a better network/server system.
Ban the first quitter for some time? Agreed. Ban me after I have someone and I leave? No way. You are basically FORCED to play a game in which you have no chance of winning and it's just frustrating. Same thing goes for brain dead teammates or AFK's. I feel AFK's should feel the full power of the banhammer as it is very easy to just NOT go into matchmaking if you are not going to play. Brain dead people are just 343 matchmaking failures so whatever....nothing to be done there.
FRaCTioNaL wrote:
I feel AFK's should feel the full power of the banhammer as it is very easy to just NOT go into matchmaking if you are not going to play.
Just yesterday.....first THREE games i play, at least 1 AFK per game. WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS?
I never quit on purpose..... ever. The other day I was playing Slayer HCS and two people quit on each side(I have a clip to prove it) so it was a 2v2. Then my teammate quit and it was just me. I knew I would lose but, I still didn't quit. That's more time in game baby!
This makes no sense Baller. I'm not doubting your ability to handle the tag team but knowing one is gonna lose sucks. I quit every single time.....never the first though. If my team just sucks but sticks it out I stick it out as well. AFK's are another story though. How hard is it to NOT GO INTO MM if you are not going to play? This is an every day occurrence.....2-3 times a day. It's absurd.
FRaCTioNaL wrote:
This makes no sense Baller. I'm not doubting your ability to handle the tag team but knowing one is gonna lose sucks. I quit every single time.....never the first though. If my team just sucks but sticks it out I stick it out as well. AFK's are another story though. How hard is it to NOT GO INTO MM if you are not going to play? This is an every day occurrence.....2-3 times a day. It's absurd.
I agree.

Leaving a ranked game and ruin it for everyone sucks, the first quitter should get an even worse penalty that it is now. The rest should only take -1CSR for losing/quitting.

AFK people should be banned for a month and dropped a whole Tier, if you are Diamond 1, go back to Plat 1 (and so on, but still get matched with people close to your MMR so going back up would be a PITA)

god i hate AFK people...
I never understand why Halo has such a problem with quitters or idlers. No other game seems to have such a chronic problem and when it happens, it doesn’t feel as punishing.

I never quit, even when on uneven teams. There should be a forfeit/surrender/mercy system if one team is getting utterly curbstomped or are outnumbered with less than half the team in the match, First quitters in the match should absolutely get a hefty ban. 30-60mins.
FRaCTioNaL wrote:
It makes sense to me. I never quit either. I play to have fun, and losing/winning doesn't always correlate with how much fun I'm having, personally. Sure, it's more fun to win, and having teammates abandon you is never fun. But, well, even in such situations I'd rather do my best regardless. Also maybe because quitting is admitting defeat, and the game's not over until it's over. You never know. I had a Halo game once where I won 50 to 46, just me vs 4 people. It was one of the most thrilling Halo experiences I've ever had, and if I'd quit as soon as my teammates did, I never would've been able to experience that.
What I would like, is in situations where it is 4v2 or 4v1 is for the game to automatically end or timer/kills be reduced.
Fair play to those who stay, i'm one of them but the game really is no fun and can take an age to complete.
I partly agree with you but what about connection issues that you can't help and your kicked out of the match? In that sense I am thankful for the forgiving first time because it gives me time to figure out the problem on my end.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2