Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

Harsher punishments for quitters

OP ShotAces

In almost every game I play if we start to lose 20-10 (which we could definitely comeback from) and one person quits. Now we definitely won’t win, so another person quits. It always eventually leads to me in a 4v1.

I think that the first time anyone quits EVER it should be a 1-5 minute ban. If it is the second quit in a 24 hour period it should be a 30-45 minute ban. 3rd: 2 hour.

what do you think?
ShotAces wrote:
In almost every game I play if we start to lose 20-10 (which we could definitely comeback from) and one person quits. Now we definitely won’t win, so another person quits. It always eventually leads to me in a 4v1.

I think that the first time anyone quits EVER it should be a 1-5 minute ban. If it is the second quit in a 24 hour period it should be a 30-45 minute ban. 3rd: 2 hour.

what do you think?
I'm not sure if harsher ban would help the problem.

Josh has said that quitting is kind of a systemic issue that happens to a lot of players but with low frequency. So while 1 player will not quit that often because you are constantly matching different people you have more chances of matching someone who isn't banned but still going to quit.

Also as a side note once 1 person leaves on your team you can quit without any extra penalty to yourself. Basically the first person to quit will lose 30 CSR after that game while anyone on that team who leaves after will only lose the CSR they would have if they had lost. So if you lose a teammate and decide that it's impossible to 3v4 then just quit since you won't lose anything extra.
I don't know about an instant ban. I rarely quit, but there have been times over the years when it got painful to play (ie 40-5 in BTB, spawm killing in grifball, or a full team of inheritors in Reach). But I'd be down with a harsher ban for two or three quits in 24 hrs.
I don't know about an instant ban. I rarely quit, but there have been times over the years when it got painful to play (ie 40-5 in BTB, spawm killing in grifball, or a full team of inheritors in Reach). But I'd be down with a harsher ban for two or three quits in 24 hrs.
Im also down for a harsher ban for multi quits in a 24 hr period... I think 3 quits in 24 hours should get a 3 hour penalty. And after this penalty if that same player quits again in the next 48 hours the system needs to recognize this as "rage quitting" and ban the player for the next 24 hours. Of course this would only apply to players who actually push pause in the middle of a game and select "leave game". And as it is already... Are the 1st to quit