[Locked] HCS Summer Preview - Official Feedback Thread

OP Unyshek

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
Hey everyone! Now that the HCS Summer Preview playlist has taken the place of Proving Grounds, we wanted to start up a new thread to gather your feedback on the newest settings. If you'd like to learn more about the HCS Summer Preview playlist, you can read up on all the details here on Waypoint and I've included the change-list in the replies below.

Just like for Proving Grounds, feel free to leave feedback on the maps (including weapon placements), modes, Motion Sensor, overall gameplay, and anything else that you feel may be relevant. We're here to listen!

Jump in and let us know what you think!
- Uny
GAME VARIANT CHANGES
These changes will be applied on all HCS maps found within the HCS Summer Preview playlist, and can also be found within the Official HCS fileshare (maps | modes).
  • Changed starting Primary Weapon from Assault Rifle to Magnum
  • Changed starting Secondary Weapon from Magnum to None
  • Changed all Tier 1 weapon respawn times to 40 seconds
  • Changed all Tier 2 weapon respawn times to 20 seconds
  • Removed all automatic weapons from all maps
  • Removed all Splinter Grenades from all maps
  • Set Motion Sensor Inner Range to 60%
  • Set Motion Sensor Base Movement Speed Visibility to Off
MAP-BY-MAP CHANGES
These changes will be applied on all HCS maps found within the HCS Summer Preview playlist, and can also be found within the Official HCS fileshare (maps | modes).

COLISEUM
  • Removed Splinter Grenades from Red Pillar, Blue Pillar, and Trench
  • Removed Silenced Assault Rifle from Trench
  • Removed Brute Plasma Rifle from Top Mid
  • Removed SMGs from under Red and Blue Base
  • Replaced Rocket Launcher on Yellow Tower with SPNKr Rocket Launcher
  • Set DMR respawn time to 40 seconds
  • Set Battle Rifle respawn time to 40 seconds
  • Set Covenant Carbine respawn time to 40 seconds
  • Set Boltshot respawn time to 40 seconds
EDEN
  • Removed Splinter Grenades from Red Platform and Blue Catwalk
  • Removed Brute Plasma Rifle from Red Nest
  • Removed SMG from Red Basement
  • Removed SMG from Blue Bend
  • Removed Silenced Assault Rifle from Security [Slayer Only]
  • Replaced SPNKr Rocket Launcher located Outside with Overshield [Slayer Only]
  • Set LightRifle respawn time to 40 seconds
  • Set Hydra respawn time to 20 seconds [Slayer Only]
EMPIRE
  • Removed Silenced Assault Rifle from Tower One
  • Set Plasma Pistol respawn time to 20 seconds
FATHOM
  • Removed Silenced Assault Rifles from Red and Blue Tree House
  • Removed Splinter Grenades from Red and Blue Sub
PLAZA
  • Removed SMG from Yard
  • Removed Storm Rifle from Bottom Mid
  • Removed Splinter Grenade from Cinema Loft
  • Removed Splinter Grenade from Elevator [Slayer Only]
  • Set Shotgun respawn time to 20 seconds [Strongholds Only]
REGRET
  • Removed Splinter Grenades from Red and Blue One
  • Removed Silenced Assault Rifle from Bottom Nest
  • Removed Storm Rifle from Tunnel
THE RIG
  • Removed Splinter Grenade from Open Deck
  • Removed SMG from Bottom Nest
  • Removed Storm Rifle from Pit
  • Set Scattershot respawn time to 20 seconds
  • Set Needler respawn time to 20 seconds
TRUTH
  • Removed Splinter Grenades from Red and Blue Sneaky
  • Removed Energy Sword from Top Mid
  • Removed Storm Rifle from Bottom Mid
  • Moved Plasma Pistol from Carbine Tower One to Top Mid
I thought that professional Halo players don't use the motion sensor because it is an "HCS" playlist.
Regarding weapon Pads, this is a newer idea but you should make the green icon disappear after 10 or so seconds so that more awareness is required when it might be picked up. It's valuable information when the opposing team picks up power weapons from the pads, information that is given up for free when you see it disappear and none of your teammates pick it up.
So far this playlist is fantastic. Definitely need to increase the amount of starting ammo in the pistol, or maybe use the increased ammo variant from warzone.
the new changes are great
Ace TunaSub
Love the changes. 1 thing I would implement is when you shoot to not ping on radar
Remove grenade hitmarkers
Ill post here since you guys hate the Beyond forums. Everything is pretty good. One thing i would suggest is taking out the pinging on the radar when you shoot. The SA radar is a great idea, just having that one issue taken out would be perfect. No autos at all is god sent. Obviously people just dont want SA and no radar, but this is a massive step in the right direction for competitive Halo.

EDIT: Another thing i would like to suggest is taking out grenade hit markers. Knowing that you hit someone with a grenade is really BS if you ask me. Promotes aggression towards that player instead of grenades being a tactical advantage.
Oh man, can't wait to get on & try this out.
Just saw some twitch play and it looks great.

Unfortunately, just threw my back out a couple hours ago and can't sit up anymore!
Worst timing ever!!

FeelsOldMan
Playlist is Awesome. Hope the new settings stick.
so I just played like 3 games and notice that I ran out of magnum ammo at least once per game. so I think that there should be increased magnum ammo in the loadout with more ammo placed across map. that's just the first thing that stuck out cant really speak on anything else yet.
So far this playlist is fantastic. Definitely need to increase the amount of starting ammo in the pistol, or maybe use the increased ammo variant from warzone.
that could be an option but I still think that increasing the reserve for the standard in this playlist would work with ammo placed on map as well.
Now that there are less weapons on the map, and the respawn timer is longer for them, I think It's safe to say that we need more ammo on the pistol. Just to be clear, we don't need the pistol variant with an extended magazine, just another round to the standard pistol would be great. -Qatchy
Great changes.Very happy with the result. Remember this update, we'll probably need something very similar to this when H6 is released. We can't wait a year and half after release for these settings everytime. Again, congratulations, these are great changes.

Changes I'd like to see in the future:

Smaller Changes
-Increase pistol magazine capacity to 15 shots
-Increase pistol starting ammo
-Remove rifles from the map
-Increase plasma pistol respawn time
-Increase player respawn time to 10 seconds on OBJ gametypes

Larger Changes
-Remove splash radius hitmarkers (grenades/rockets/etc), you must hit the player in order to produce a hitmarker
-Remove sprint
-Increase base movespeed to 110%
-Allow sliding after a thrust (no sprint)
-Remove radar
-Bring back oddball (ball throwing distance same as current flag throwing distance)
-Fix heavy aim
the first big thing I notice is a need for increased pistol starting ammo; like more magazines for the pistol to start

OR ... :) BR start + pistol secondary
This is probably going to get ignored but I have a lot to say and hope it doesnt.

Overall I like the changes. It seems like the people that wanted things changed got it. Its a ranked playlist that feels more competitive and involves more strategy. Its going back to what people feel a ranked playlist should be. Currently it seems like the only thing people want changed is increased ammo. HOWEVER, it is not how I would like to play Team Arena. I like the changes because the changes are currently in a separate place. We now have a Team Arena without all of the changes. For people like me that either dont really enjoy playing with the changed settings or just want to be left alone. Hopefully things stay like this. Hopefully we can continue to have two playlists that will allow most people to have at least something.

It has seemed unfair to those that enjoy a "proper" ranked playlist to leave things as they have been. For them, it didnt feel like it really should be. There are those of us that enjoy it as it has been and for us it would be unfair to push out changes that we would not enjoy at all. Keeping both Team Arena and Summer Preview gives us choices without either group having to play with settings they do not enjoy.
Absolutely loving the way these changes play. To replace the weapons that have been removed I would suggest:
  • SMGs replaced with pistols for extra ammo
  • PR/Storm replaced with Suppressor (without AR start suppressor is actually a decent weapon now) OR gunfighter magnums
  • Sentinel Beam to replace Sword (Might not work but I always enjoyed it)
  • Silenced AR replaced with Tactical Magnums (perfect paired with Camo but not overwhelming like silenced autos)
Why not just nerf the BR's godly aim assist and range and make it similar to the pistol? Then you could make BR starts a thing again. Also remove radars entirely maybe?
Just food for thought.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7