OP Unyshek

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
Love the new settings. Only recommendation would be to add more tac magnums, and gunfighters around the maps.

Not sure if there was a server hiccup today, but a few people (myself included) found themselves in a 3v1 or 1v3 after 4 people crashed. Unsure if this is a day 1 problem from server stress or not. Hopefully everything runs smoothly here on out. :D
Second the ammo issue. Just start with an extra clip in the magnum. Simple fix. Or leave it, it work without added ammo.

Slayer games are a lot slower and require more strategy and team work. Noticably different.

Ctf : didn't notice too much of a dramatic change. It's fun, I can play it.

SH: this is where I think most of the problems will arise. I feel like a single auto on only SH maps will make it play better because of the close ranged nature of SH. The constant up close in your face fighting with just a pistol is tough, it's fun, but I think maybe one auto. Just a thought but I can play without it.

gg 343 . And I'd leave hit markers.

edit: DO NOT add tactical magnums. No need for warzone weapons. Don't make it messy

edit: there is also less spartan charging kamikazee style running so you solved that head ache also.
Can someone explain to me what "Set Motion Sensor Inner Range to 60%" mean? Thanks
Can someone explain to me what "Set Motion Sensor Inner Range to 60%" mean? Thanks
Set motion sensor's inner range to 60% (this makes the radar 24 meters, the closest you can get to the classic 25m)
Found this while looking it up myself. Hope it helps.
From my post on Beyond

Rig
  • Place Gunfighter Magnum Bottom Nest
  • Replace BR w/ DMR or Carbine
  • Reduce Ammo in Scattershot: 10 -> 5
  • Tactical Magnum in Trench (for that Camo lore)

Regret
  • Place Gunfighter Bottom Nest
  • Place Tactical Magnum Car 2
  • Move Plasma Pistol to Tunnel

Eden
  • Place Tactical Magnum Red Nest
  • Place Gunfighter Magnums in Red Basement and below Blue Bend/Sneaky

Fathom
  • Place Gunfighter Magnum or Tactical Magnum in Red/Blue Treehouse (Gunfighter for CQC in Towers, Tactical for breaking Top Mid. Both are applicable and could be an interesting debate)
  • Refer back to my previous post for random thoughts on Light Rifle/Battle Rifle as well as Power Items

Truth
  • Same feedback as prior post:
  • Carbine has too much ammo
  • BRs in Bases
  • Tac/Gunfighters in Towers
  • Move Plasma Pistol from Top Mid to Bottom Mid?

Empire
  • Place Gunfighter Tower 1
  • Replace DMRs with Tactical Magnums
  • Replace Battle Rifle with DMR

Coliseum
  • Replace Carbine with DMR
  • Replace DMRs with Tactical Magnums
  • Place Gunfighters in Red/Blue Basement
Set motion sensor's inner range to 60% (this makes the radar 24 meters, the closest you can get to the classic 25m)
Found this while looking it up myself. Hope it helps.
So you're saying the max is actually 40m so 60% is 24m? If so, I guess it makes sense. But why mention inner range instead of just range?
Why did you use our Proving Grounds Rank? Why not remove that rank and make everyone start from scratch? God -yoink- IT 343i!
Vyper XP wrote:
Why did you use our Proving Grounds Rank? Why not remove that rank and make everyone start from scratch? God -yoink- IT 343i!
Well, it's the same playlist, used for the same purpose, just with a different name.
New settings made the game 80 % more fun. I'd still prefer no radar, but I'm fine with the current one. Removing all autos is the right decision! Feels like I'm playing Halo again.
I still haven't tried the new playlist.
Feedback incoming later today/tomorrow!
Average player here and loving these new settings especially no automatics. I played about 20 games yesterday, and getting ready to play some more. I am doing what I can to contribute to the data. One thing I noticed was an above average amount of lag. Not me but other players. There was close to every game with one person lagging a lot, at least one quitter as well.

I don't really think we need to add different weapon variants like the Tactical Magnum, but merely place a few magnums on the map for ammo. I haven't had too much problem with running out. I make sure to pick up from dead Spartans. Plus I don't survive very long anyway.

I understand that you will be looking into changing the AR in the hopes of returning it to the HCS playlist. I hope this does not happen. I am thoroughly enjoying not having any autos to deal with whatsoever, and I believe the AR is fine the way it is. It just isn't a good choice for competitive play.

Finally, I believe keeping the TA playlist unchanged, and having a dedicated HCS playlist is the way to go. It seems inevitable that you will be removing radar altogether, and there are those of us solo players who can't/don't use a mic, but also enjoy a variety of 4v4 slayer and objective games, who will miss having the old TA to play on.

Thank you for making these changes. I may not be a pro, but these are highly appreciated.
I absolutely love these settings it makes this game so much funner,but I have couple nitpicks.Nade hitmarkers: Give free info,and don't really add anything.Heavy aim:These settings are exaggerating the current problems with heavy aim.Please fix it. Precision weapons: They have way too much aim assist,and this problem will become even worse once heavy aim is fixed.I'd prefer 343 fix this before it becomes a major problem.
Mikey FtC wrote:
Love the changes. 1 thing I would implement is when you shoot to not ping on radar
Quote:
Remove transfer hitmarker
I signed in to "❤️" these two posts. We need to make sure Tashi/Josh and the rest see these posts.
I just saw this on Twitter:

"This is the 3rd Halo in a row where we are having to bring back classic settings. I feel like it should be obvious at this point."

It is really the third Halo in a row where we have to strip down the game back to something similar to the settings MLG designed and tested for countless hours in Halo 3.
This are not the same settings, but they are similar. Which proves that Classic Halo is the best for competitive.
I hope there's not a 4th halo where we have to wait more than a year after release for good competitive settings.

Also, really enjoying all the great comments and love from all the players that have posted.
A change i would like to see is replacing the Standard DMR on all maps to Recon DMR.
The smaller scope makes if feel less heavy and sloppy to use the Recon DMR.
The standard DMR scope doesn't really fit well with the maps we play on currently in my opinion.
It's just a small change and not necessary but would be nice to see.
-Qatchy
- More pistol ammo
- Wepond pad's count down @ (15seconds)
- Remove granade hit markers
- Allow sliding after thrusting (without sprinting) when grounded
- AR pickup on Strongholds (only)
- 5 Shattershot rounds
- Make Ground & Pound have the same cool down as a thrust. (After completing a ground & pound)

P.S. Enjoying the Playlist it's fun (need ammo)
LOVING THIS PLAYLIST NOW!

With the removal of autos this feels alot more smoother gameplay wise, every weapon on the maps are more of a power weapon so in cases of DMRs/BRs and the like I would recommend a 60sec respawn as there cases of teams just camping weapon spawns slowing the game way too much and with the bullet magnatism on BRs it feels like its too much in my opinion.

A issue I have noticed is a mass increase in the grenade spams and the amount people just rushing the spartan charge, it could be that it because of my rank matching plats as I dont see it this frequent at Diamond and Onyx levels. I don't want to seem like Im trying to take the fun out of the game but my suggestions for this would be; Disable Spartan Charge for the playlist and have players only spawn with 1 Frag Grenade, this prevent the annoying and boring to watch kamikaze plays and reduces the probe nading and nade spamming frequently seen in arena.

Other than that though the games feel so much better, the issue of running low of magnum ammo doesnt affect me badly as I genrally get ammo from dead players, hope we do see the removal of radar eventually as it would play alot better and I agree with the post above about keeping a separate HCS Playlist and Team Arena playlist as it would allow player who dont want to play with these setting to still play a ranked OBJ playlist without be forced into Pistol Only starts while keeping those who enjoy the newer settings happy (Basically it would be the MLG playlist from Halo 3).
So one of the other thing I've noticed with this playlist is that base strafe acceleration,and possibly speed need to be increased.You can't really make someone miss by strafing side to side in this game because of how weak it.Possibly buff base move speed as well so there's less downtime between engagements.
Personally i think these setting are spot on. Slows down play really well, actually a contest of skill instead of autos and spikes beings used as a get out of jail card.
So one of the other thing I've noticed with this playlist is that base strafe acceleration,and possibly speed need to be increased.You can't really make someone miss by strafing side to side in this game because of how weak it.Possibly buff base move speed as well so there's less downtime between engagements.
You are talking about an overall, whole game change not just for this one playlist if I understand correctly. I believe a lot of people, for quite some time now, have bee asking for base movement speed to be increased. The theory being that then sprint could be removed. Not really familiar with the inability to out strafe, but maybe check out some YouTube videos to get some pointers. Halo 5 does take a little getting used to.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7