1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
I haven't had a chance to play the new settings yet, but I cannot wait! I'm so excited to give it a shot. I posted a thread the other day about the AR being taken out...but finding out that it was actually ALL auto weapons just got me hyped even more. I like the feedback I'm reading too. It's actually constructive. No one's here whining. I actually feel like I know what to expect when I play my first game under the new settings. Sounds like I need to be conservative with shots and slow my gameplay down. Thats great! Thank you to the community for some actual positivity and thank you to 343 for taking steps toward Making Halo Great Again! I'm pumped!! I'll definitely be throwing in my feedback once I get the chance.
Forget extra ammo, bring in the Gunfighter Magnum as a secondary! :)

It's harder to use, fast to switch to and better for stringing together multi-kills.
The playlist needs to have motion sensors removed, because in the competitive scene, players didn't have a radar, they used callouts. Can't you actually make sense on how the competitive playlist should work?
I don't like the removal of automatic weapons, but just so far as this doesn't get as far as matchmaking outside of this HCS playlist, it should be fine. I like my automatic weapons!
I don't like the removal of automatic weapons, but just so far as this doesn't get as far as matchmaking outside of this HCS playlist, it should be fine. I like my automatic weapons!
Remember this is for competitive settings only. So the no automatics should really only be pushed into Team Arena since that is the HCS playlist while the other playlist will likely keep old settings. Also I would be really surprised if social got changed to these settings as it is social. Your autos will not get removed in everything just the competitive environments.
This.Is.Haloooo! - Simms voice

Only played a few games, but it was fun to play even though I'm rusty with the magnum. Like others have said, the magnum needs more ammo and/or a bigger clip.

The scattershot could use reduced ammo.

Maybe have a tactical or gunfighter magnum as a pick up to replace one of the precision weapons.

Not as fun matching TO4's though. :(
XC Qx HCS wrote:
Remember this is for competitive settings only. So the no automatics should really only be pushed into Team Arena since that is the HCS playlist while the other playlist will likely keep old settings. Also I would be really surprised if social got changed to these settings as it is social. Your autos will not get removed in everything just the competitive environments.
They are not touching social or other ranked game-modes. They've even said they will keep TA and add a new playlist with the new settings if people want to keep it TA as it is right now.
It is very interesting that you enjoy autos. Nothing wrong with that just curious about the mindset behind that. At least for competitive.
Eh... I'm mixed on it.

Camping and nade spam are still consistent problems in this playlist, and the overuse of team shot seems to be more of a problem than it used to be. As for the claim of "solos can't match with other solos", yes they can, and yes they should. Right now the preview is a living hell for solo players, which shouldn't be the case. If you're playing halo, you shouldn't be punished for your preferred style of matchmaking. Further more, CQC (and arguably some mid-range engagements) have come down to "who can be an opportunist and double melee/teamshot first?" rather than what it should be which is "Which person can lands the shots needed to kill the other person?"

The good things are that weapons spawn less frequently, and that some weapons actually have a decent purpose as a backup weapon now (in case you run out of ammo for your magnum.) I can actually see a reason to pickup the needler or boltshot now, as they aren't easily outclassed by other potential weapons, and because your ammo count isn't filled to the brim in terms of bullets for the magnum.

Overall, these aren't bad changes, but there is still room for improvement.
More pistol ammo, and it could just be random luck, but I've played 5 straight slayer gametypes. So more gametypes / more ammo. But it's great so far!
1) Larger magnum clip by maybe 3 bullets (so you have enough for 3 perfect kills) and more starting ammo.
2) Grenade launch as a PW on a couple maps
3) Consider putting the Sentinel Beam somewhere. Its a good shield wrecker but hard to keep steady.
big win.

This playlist offers an experience that is night and day from a playlist like team skirmish. I like the variety it adds.

I would like like to see tighter mm put in place. Teams vs teams. And tighter matching against ranks. Ie. I'm historically a diamond player in slayer. So I should only play against onyx diamond and platinum. None of these champs or silver/gold players. I rank lower in objective games so I should play against lower ranked players. Especially in the competitive playlist. Even skill games.

Altough less common in the games games I played so far my only suggestion is to remove sc entirely. But that's just because I despise the mechanic. And I hate going for these for my company commendations lol.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
So one of the other thing I've noticed with this playlist is that base strafe acceleration,and possibly speed need to be increased.You can't really make someone miss by strafing side to side in this game because of how weak it.Possibly buff base move speed as well so there's less downtime between engagements.
You are talking about an overall, whole game change not just for this one playlist if I understand correctly. I believe a lot of people, for quite some time now, have bee asking for base movement speed to be increased. The theory being that then sprint could be removed. Not really familiar with the inability to out strafe, but maybe check out some YouTube videos to get some pointers. Halo 5 does take a little getting used to.
Sprint is equivalent to around 130 base speed so if they buffed it that there would still be difference (I dislike sprint but this keeps the trade-off of speed vs visibility while reducing time between engagements.

I'm aware of how to strafe in halo 5 I'm just pointing out that moving from side to side isn't as effective due to the sluggish strafe acceleration,and huge amounts of aim assist on every weapon except the pistol
Apoll0 wrote:
3) Consider putting the Sentinel Beam somewhere. Its a good shield wrecker but hard to keep steady.
Only if its Tier 2
Further more, CQC (and arguably some mid-range engagements) have come down to "who can be an opportunist and double melee/teamshot first?" rather than what it should be which is "Which person can lands the shots needed to kill the other person?"
Teamshooting is a part of playing Team games, your not going to win a midrange fight against a BR or DMR with the pistol so the best thing to do make sure someone's putting shots in then finish the kill, or if someone's got OS you teamshot to burn and finish, so tbh I dont get how Teamshooting is something you should discourage. On the topic of CQC though yeah double pummel is annoying but if your shots are on point most of the time you can finish them with a melee before they get the second melee off, or just make sure you position yourself so its easier to targets trying to close the distance.
XC Qx HCS wrote:
but... i like team arena and now i wouldn't even be able to get a rank for myself!

I would have to play the stupid social version.
Need AR one or two on map. Storm maybe 1 or just a power weapon
RyInfinity wrote:
Apoll0 wrote:
Only if its Tier 2
Good call, yes!

I AM 3RD x wrote:
Nah, no ARs. Until they are able to tweak the weapon to have some sort of legit skill differentiation at the higher levels, it has no place in competitive play even as a pickup.
I AM 3RD x wrote:
No, keep AR's and SR's out. Have plenty in the other playlists.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
I AM 3RD x wrote:
No, keep AR's and SR's out. Have plenty in the other playlists.
I support this. We don't need Autos back. The playlist is almost perfect and just needs minor adjustments. Like more ammo for the Magnum or a couple magnum re-fills spread on the map. But finally I can say I'm enjoying Halo 5 more than ever. This is probably how the game should've been from the start for Comppetitive and I feel I wasted so much time playing terrible settings.

Better late than never I guess...
Terrible and boring. I never had problems with automatic weapons other than the fact that they sucked or were OP. Never a good balance at all. And the AR was terrible. This whole no skill argument to me is lame when the pistol and BR have so much bullet mag that I get headshots when I am at someone's chest or in the air beside their heads.
Autos bring the game closer and allow more variations in gameplay. It bring the chess like mindset of when to switch and push and when to hold back.
I played 5 games of HCS only cross mapping people with the pistol then I got bored. Wasn't fun.

Only good thing is taking out the sword. But that should've been removed a year ago. Brute plasma is ok but that should never have been in the game to begin with. Should've only been the original plasma rifle.

Happy I'll have a lot more free time in the summer thanks to this playlist.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7