4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 7
CIutchism wrote:
-Increase player respawn time to 10 seconds on OBJ gametypes
Why would you want longer respawn times? Overextending for counter flag caps is just right as it is - any longer and you wouldn't be able to get to the enemy base in time.
After further playing I still think pistol ammo change should be very small. Maybe one more clip. But if 343 wants to keep it the way it is I am okay with it. Kill the person and pick up their ammo.

But for the life of all that is good in halo, the covenant, master chief, and cortana, DO NOT PUT GUNFIGHTER MAGNUM. I feel like 343 has the tendency to run with those ideas if a few people mention it. We dont need warzone weapons.

However, I still think 1 auto on just SH game types would be interesting to test. Only 2 full clips of the AR, thats it. Only because SH is a very close range game type.

I also second the less scatter ammo.

I also think keeping hit markers is fine.
New settings are fantastic, the game is instantly 100 % more competitive with no autos and splinters. My changes would be:

• Increase pistol magazine from 10 to 15
  • Increase pistol reserve ammo (maybe 1.5x to 2x)
  • Remove grenade hit markers
  • Remove sprint
  • Increase base movement speed and jump height
  • Remove radar altogether (but only with the removal of sprint / increase in BMS/JH as above)
  • Remove spartan charge
  • Lower reserve ammo on all rifles
  • Remove rifles from Pink / Carbine towers on Truth - so many games end in spawn killings by the enemy team with Carbines from the Bubbles
  • Remove weapon pad timer to introduce a further skill gap between teams/coaches
Monitor SC wrote:
CIutchism wrote:
Why would you want longer respawn times? Overextending for counter flag caps is just right as it is - any longer and you wouldn't be able to get to the enemy base in time.
Thats kind of the point. If one team gets map control and puts you on respawn while running the flag why should it be so easy for you to just OE when you spawn and cause a standoff?
PubsubsG wrote:
After further playing I still think pistol ammo change should be very small. Maybe one more clip. But if 343 wants to keep it the way it is I am okay with it. Kill the person and pick up their ammo.

But for the life of all that is good in halo, the covenant, master chief, and cortana, DO NOT PUT GUNFIGHTER MAGNUM. I feel like 343 has the tendency to run with those ideas if a few people mention it. We dont need warzone weapons.

However, I still think 1 auto on just SH game types would be interesting to test. Only 2 full clips of the AR, thats it. Only because SH is a very close range game type.

I also second the less scatter ammo.

I also think keeping hit markers is fine.
Pistol clip should have 3 more bullets (3 perfect kills worth) and a ton of ammo. The problem with the ammo now is that there is so little of it, even if you kill someone they probably used most of theirs too so when you pick it up you only get a few bullets.
Terrible and boring. I never had problems with automatic weapons other than the fact that they sucked or were OP. Never a good balance at all. And the AR was terrible. This whole no skill argument to me is lame when the pistol and BR have so much bullet mag that I get headshots when I am at someone's chest or in the air beside their heads.
Autos bring the game closer and allow more variations in gameplay. It bring the chess like mindset of when to switch and push and when to hold back.
I played 5 games of HCS only cross mapping people with the pistol then I got bored. Wasn't fun.

Only good thing is taking out the sword. But that should've been removed a year ago. Brute plasma is ok but that should never have been in the game to begin with. Should've only been the original plasma rifle.

Happy I'll have a lot more free time in the summer thanks to this playlist.
Mikey... out of all people. Can't be on LoyalTeam if you don't like Classic/MLG Halo :D
Terrible and boring. I never had problems with automatic weapons other than the fact that they sucked or were OP. Never a good balance at all. And the AR was terrible. This whole no skill argument to me is lame when the pistol and BR have so much bullet mag that I get headshots when I am at someone's chest or in the air beside their heads.
Autos bring the game closer and allow more variations in gameplay. It bring the chess like mindset of when to switch and push and when to hold back.
I played 5 games of HCS only cross mapping people with the pistol then I got bored. Wasn't fun.

Only good thing is taking out the sword. But that should've been removed a year ago. Brute plasma is ok but that should never have been in the game to begin with. Should've only been the original plasma rifle.

Happy I'll have a lot more free time in the summer thanks to this playlist.
But only in this one playlist does it not have everything you want. To each their own. I think the changes add more layers to the "chess" aspect of the game.

Edit: I looked at your game history. 5 games...I saw two both defeats, with a total of three kills with a Pistol. I don't usually call people out for their stats, but when what they claim doesn't match up I say something. It seems more like you don't like it because it was a bit more of a challenge maybe? Either way don't go around claiming something that cannot be substantiated. It is more than about you being bored. At least that's how it looks. "Keep it real" like your motto says.
Apoll0 wrote:
Nah, no ARs. Until they are able to tweak the weapon to have some sort of legit skill differentiation at the higher levels, it has no place in competitive play even as a pickup.
They can't tweak the weapon without globally screwing up balance in all playlist. I'd be fine with the AR as a power weapon (unsilenced version) in place of possible SMG and storm rifle spawns. (In fact, I'd say that would work out better for competitive in my opinion, as the SMG and storm rifle both outclass the AR. 72 shots/2 clips (one in reserve, one in the clip when it spawns) should be the amount of ammo given for said weapon to balance its possible "overuse" that people are complaining about.

Monitor SC wrote:
New settings are fantastic, the game is instantly 100 % more competitive with no autos and splinters. My changes would be:

• Increase pistol magazine from 10 to 15
  • Increase pistol reserve ammo (maybe 1.5x to 2x)
  • Remove grenade hit markers
  • Remove sprint
  • Increase base movement speed and jump height
  • Remove radar altogether (but only with the removal of sprint / increase in BMS/JH as above)
  • Remove spartan charge
  • Lower reserve ammo on all rifles
  • Remove rifles from Pink / Carbine towers on Truth - so many games end in spawn killings by the enemy team with Carbines from the Bubbles
  • Remove weapon pad timer to introduce a further skill gap between teams/coaches
Sprint won't be removed, since everyone is pretty much divided on that one in the halo community. (I'd be down for classic and modern gamemodes in the playlist to please both sides, but having one and removing the other would just cause more problems than it would create solutions)

As for weapon pad timers, you have to remember this is MATCHMAKING. Not the actual HCS game. While it might be a good idea for the event, it would massively screw over players who solo queue in competitive playlist. Forcing a matchmaking style/queue type has been, and will continue to be an ongoing problem until 343i fixes both sides of the problem. Having a change like this in Matchmaking would practically just be shoving the middle finger up a solo-queuing player's face, similar to what the warzone playlist updates did to 12 man parties.
Monitor SC wrote:
CIutchism wrote:
Why would overextending for counter flag caps be a good thing? It's not. Map control should be awarded and having bad positioning should be punished.
Now that I think about it, the summer HCS could use a few beam rifles on the map. We see sniper rifles everywhere, but what about a beam rifle (h5 one, not that fast firing H2 one) that has 80% battery instead of a sniper on maps like plaza or coliseum?
I have yet to see the beam rifle be used in any form of halo 5 competitive. Would love to see it used for the summer season if possible.
Amazing. Just amazing. The game feels more crisp. And strongholds has never been better. Love the new changes. Maybe could've reset the ranks since it's a totally different game from how proving grounds was.
Now that I think about it, the summer HCS could use a few beam rifles on the map. We see sniper rifles everywhere, but what about a beam rifle (h5 one, not that fast firing H2 one) that has 80% battery instead of a sniper on maps like plaza or coliseum?
I have yet to see the beam rifle be used in any form of halo 5 competitive. Would love to see it used for the summer season if possible.
Doesn't take near as much skill to use as normal sniper. No real reason to put it on maps over the normal sniper. It's too easy to shoot and doesn't punish missed shots.
My favorite playlist by far! I stopped playing halo 5 bc I always preferred the MLG style playlist of previous halo games. Started playing again bc of this and I can't remember the last time I enjoyed halo so much. I wish they would disable radar and spartan charges, but other than that it's great!
I like the playlist with the autos gone. Some more starting ammo would be nice.
The new HCS settings are GREAT! But I do have a few complaints. On 'The Rig' I think the Scattershot should be completely taken off the map, have less ammo, or maybe even be a weapon pad. With no autos it's difficult to actually contest a scattershot up close and is frankly annoying and a bit more on the OP side in my eyes. Also, with pretty much only precision weapons and less weapons period on the map the Magnum ammo gets scarce, so I think we should get extended mags or something. This will definitely help with running out of ammo so quickly.
More pistol ammo and take the radar out completely.

It needs to be full radar or nothing. The radar as it currently stands makes the game play so slow. Its basically allowed people to be crouching all the time without actually crouching. No radar will bring back the peak communication and team work that should be needed to play top level halo. It will also bring speed back to the maps and gameplay and make the viewing experiences much greater.

No radar just do it.
Just wanted to thank you for these settings. I love having no autos, even if I'm getting wrecked at the platinum level. A pleasure to play. Thank you.
I appreciate the changes, i like that the game is more slow, i agree to increase ammo or put some magnums on the map. I agree with who said that the scattershot on the rig now it is a power weapon

This post has been hidden.

add more ammo to pistol off respawn. i shouldnt have to fly at a dead body to grab more👍
We need more ammo in the pistol if that's gonna be the weapon we spawn in first. Now I know we can pick up other weapons but sometimes we can't get to them because we're in a difficult situation. So please add more ammo to the pistol.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 7