2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. ...
  8. 7
CIutchism wrote:
Now that I think about it, the summer HCS could use a few beam rifles on the map. We see sniper rifles everywhere, but what about a beam rifle (h5 one, not that fast firing H2 one) that has 80% battery instead of a sniper on maps like plaza or coliseum?
I have yet to see the beam rifle be used in any form of halo 5 competitive. Would love to see it used for the summer season if possible.
Doesn't take near as much skill to use as normal sniper. No real reason to put it on maps over the normal sniper. It's too easy to shoot and doesn't punish missed shots.
Still, with only 8 shots instead of 12, it could force a player to think more about when and where to shoot, punishing those that spam the trigger and those that have bad positioning.

Plus, it hasn't been tested in any form of HCS-like gameplay, so why not test it now to see how it works out? If it doesn't work out, you could always change it back. (Riptide isn't a HCS type of map so I'm not counting that.)
I'm just saying I like what they the did with this taking off the automatics but I've gotten the worst teams. Is there something wrong with the matchmaking? Just asking
I really enjoy the new settings and they work very good in my opinion. The only issue I have (and others after seeing their posts here and on Forums like Team Beyond) is the shortage of ammo for the pistol.
The best way to solve this is more starting ammo and placing some Magnums around the map.
I also liked the idea putting the Grenade Launcher and Sentinel Beam on some maps as well as the Tactical and Gunfighter Magnum!

Besides that: Awesome playlist!
Apoll0 wrote:
Nah, no ARs. Until they are able to tweak the weapon to have some sort of legit skill differentiation at the higher levels, it has no place in competitive play even as a pickup.
They can't tweak the weapon without globally screwing up balance in all playlist. I'd be fine with the AR as a power weapon (unsilenced version) in place of possible SMG and storm rifle spawns. (In fact, I'd say that would work out better for competitive in my opinion, as the SMG and storm rifle both outclass the AR. 72 shots/2 clips (one in reserve, one in the clip when it spawns) should be the amount of ammo given for said weapon to balance its possible "overuse" that people are complaining about.
How would that screw up balance in all playlists? It would fix balance in all playlists.... If a weapon has 0 skill differentiation past a certain point, which is statistically, undeniably true of the AR, correcting that will help all other playlists as well. We're not talking about cutting the legs out from under the weapon, just tweaking it slightly. It will still be plenty effective unlike the H2 smg and H3 ar which were both -Yoink-. nobody wants that.

At the same time it SHOULD NOT have a faster or equal perfect TTK to the other staple weapon that is significantly more difficult to use, especially up close. The AR is really really easy to use close range. The pistol is difficult to use up close. If someone can master a more difficult weapon so they never miss they should win the fight, regardless of range. That is currently not true.

anyway....

After playing the playlist a lot last night the first thing that needs to be addressed is the Magnum ammo. 2 things really need to happen:
1) 3 more bullets need to be added to the clip. You run out of ammo too quickly.
2) spawn ammo reserve needs to be doubled

Thats the biggest issue right now. Overall this is the best the game has played since launch and its not even close. Losing a gunfight isn't frustrating anymore. it just is what it is, it means you got beat by someone using a weapon as difficult as the one you are using, not killed by someone using an easy mode bullet hose. Its awesome.
Apoll0 wrote:
Apoll0 wrote:
Nah, no ARs. Until they are able to tweak the weapon to have some sort of legit skill differentiation at the higher levels, it has no place in competitive play even as a pickup.
They can't tweak the weapon without globally screwing up balance in all playlist. I'd be fine with the AR as a power weapon (unsilenced version) in place of possible SMG and storm rifle spawns. (In fact, I'd say that would work out better for competitive in my opinion, as the SMG and storm rifle both outclass the AR. 72 shots/2 clips (one in reserve, one in the clip when it spawns) should be the amount of ammo given for said weapon to balance its possible "overuse" that people are complaining about.
How would that screw up balance in all playlists? It would fix balance in all playlists.... If a weapon has 0 skill differentiation past a certain point, which is statistically, undeniably true of the AR, correcting that will help all other playlists as well. We're not talking about cutting the legs out from under the weapon, just tweaking it slightly. It will still be plenty effective unlike the H2 smg and H3 ar which were both -Yoink-. nobody wants that.

Which is what will happen if it's nerfed. I'd rather have a decent killing weapon over halo 4's marshmellow shooter (suppressor)At the same time it SHOULD NOT have a faster or equal perfect TTK to the other staple weapon that is significantly more difficult to use, especially up close. The AR is really really easy to use close range. The pistol is difficult to use up close. If someone can master a more difficult weapon so they never miss they should win the fight, regardless of range. That is currently not true.

That makes absolutely no sense. A weapon that's good at close range should stay good at close range, as that's its main purpose. With mid range spray/long range spray and pray, I can agree that it needs something to discourage that (such as a range nerf) but nerfing its damage output just to have another weapon (which is supposed to be good at mid-longer range fights) be able to outclass it makes absolutely no sense.Also, it would just encourage double melee and spartan charge spam, both of which are already problems in social and warzone.
Replies are in bold.
I love this freakin playlist!! The only thing I've noticed is it really makes the heavy aim/bad servers stand out more. Some games I have a godly shot and others the enemies are just bullet sponges. I could play the same opponent 2 games in a row and the first game I'd get destroyed the majority of the time in 1v1s and then the next game it's the opposite. With the old settings when a server was bad I could use the AR the majority of the time and compensate, but now some games are just *shrug*.

More starting ammo might be nice, as there's been a couple times where running out of ammo cost a victory in the form of getting 4 shots on a guy capping a stronghold at 97 points and not being able to finish the kill, or similar situations. Magnum placements on the map would fix this as well.
Please don't add Warzone weapons.
Apoll0 wrote:
Apoll0 wrote:

Which is what will happen if it's nerfed. I'd rather have a decent killing weapon over halo 4's marshmellow shooter (suppressor)At the same time it SHOULD NOT have a faster or equal perfect TTK to the other staple weapon that is significantly more difficult to use, especially up close. The AR is really really easy to use close range. The pistol is difficult to use up close. If someone can master a more difficult weapon so they never miss they should win the fight, regardless of range. That is currently not true.

That makes absolutely no sense. A weapon that's good at close range should stay good at close range, as that's its main purpose. With mid range spray/long range spray and pray, I can agree that it needs something to discourage that (such as a range nerf) but nerfing its damage output just to have another weapon (which is supposed to be good at mid-longer range fights) be able to outclass it makes absolutely no sense.Also, it would just encourage double melee and spartan charge spam, both of which are already problems in social and warzone.
Replies are in bold.
The range at which a weapon should work is the average intended rage in which it is most ideally suited as a weapon. That doesn't mean that it should or shouldn't automatically lose outside (or inside) of that range. Rock/Paper/Scissors is not a good way to balance, which is exactly what you are suggesting here when you claim that the pistol should always lose at close range to an AR. Since the AR is supposed to be used in close it is much easier to use in that range and more accurate. That is the advantage that it has, not that it should do more damage. The magnum is not easy to use in that range, therefore a player that has the ability to fire perfect shots with their magnum should win that fight every time as long as they both start firing at the same time. It's the reward for being able to effectively use a weapon that is more difficult to use against one that is easier, as long as you can land your shots.
Finally got a chance to play and....
Thank you 343. You did it! This is how halo should be played. I played probably a dozen games last night with a squad and 90% of those matches were nail biters and I'm not exaggerating. It was so competitive and I loved it. The balance was nearly flawless. I can't say enough how pleased I am and how refreshing these settings are. Fantastic adjustments.

My suggestions are going to fall in line with a majority of other players.

1) I would consider an extra clip of ammo to start with, but keep the standard magnum. No extended clip. I didn't have a problem running out of ammo, but I could see where players would.
2) No grenade hit markers. I think the grenade should be used tactically as a weapon, rather than to try to fish out enemies.
3) Idk how the math and coding works for game variants, but I feel like there was way too many stronghold matches. CTF felt perfect as far as rotation. But slayer seemed rare. This may just be the luck of the draw for me. But after a four hour session, I was craving more standard slayer and less SH.

But again, incredible job on the adjustments. It felt nostalgic for me. Thank you! I love it!

Edit: How could I forget? Spartan Charge HAS to go. Obviously not gonna happen in H5, but H6 doesn't need it.
I love it. I would like a weapon in the secondary spot so I can yy, Maybe a gunfighter magnum or an AR with 1 bullet. I do think there should be some more reserve ammo in the pistol
One thing I found really great, was my first match back after a few weeks off, I was expecting to do terrible....
and it actually happened for once.

My first game back, one guy on the other team completely destroyed everyone on my team, simply because he was that much better.
Simply put: nobody could out-shoot him without help.

That's really the way it should be:
If I haven't played in 3 weeks and can't aim, I shouldn't be able to beat him in a 1v1 just by tapping AR shots really quickly to get +/- the same kill time.
And conversely, if someone is clearly significantly superior to everyone else in the game, he should be dominating.

There's still 3 other teammates to get kills on so it's not like he single-handedly controlled in the entire fate of the match, it's just that in 1v1's, his skill actually got to show.
Plus, he also wasn't timing the power ups as well, so that's where I was able to gain an advantage from a more strategic point of view and keep the game competitive. My shot may have been sloppy in the short-term, but my long-term knowledge was still able to play an effective role.

Overall, it just felt so much more balanced.
This is the GOAT playlist of H5. Can't stop grinding it.
I'd like to see Spartan Charge gone so that Radar can be removed and turn off nade hitmarkers.
But so far so good..
oh and add some more magnum ammo, maybe replace all boltshots with magnum cus who the hell uses the boltshot??
Seriously this playlist is the shizz(hopefully gonna hop on and play some today). I'll be 100% honest I don't want autos back.This is so much more fun.
Tweaks:
Spartan charge and nade hitmarkers gone.
I'm entirely sure about how the grenade launcher and sentinel beam perform but they might be cool editions to some hcs maps.
Reduce the overall aim assist for precision weapons (magnetism and snapping/friction).
Oh,and unrelated but can we please fix heavy aim?
One thing I forgot to mention are the amount of quits. I feel like there are 3v4s every second game after some leaves within the first minutes. Or are these quits lagouts?
List is the best playlist change to date. Feels much more like Halo. As an older player (I never played 3 or 4) this gameplay feels and plays better than 5 ever has ... good job with the changes ... slayer requires you to be accurate and objective play requires proper strategy
One gripe - Empire Strongholds. This map/mode has SOOO much cqc that with these new settings it just seems to turn into nade/melee spamming in the strongholds now that there's no autos. Maybe it's just the meta of the level I've been playing at (low plat) but it's the only thing that genuinely frustrates me in this playlist.

Maybe replace camo with an AR as a power weapon for that gametype? I don't know. Maybe I just need to get gud.
I got to say it looks like I'm not playing this new season. I don't mind certain weapons being taken out but then they should be replaced with other weapons. I personally don't care for Halo League because you have a motion sensor. But to take out the splinter grenades passes the line. The grenades where already weaken without 343 telling people. Like when the game first came out they were powerful you would throw it at the ground while someone was chasing you and they would die. But one of the large updates came out and made it so u throw it at the floor and it it just takes off there shield. Now you're talking them out completely because a few pro gamers don't like them compared to the thousands of players that play the game. If they don't like it then they need suck it up and deal with it. The game has been fun with all the stuff but now with the stuff basically gone it just makes it stale and not fun to play.
I got to say it looks like I'm not playing this new season. I don't mind certain weapons being taken out but then they should be replaced with other weapons. I personally don't care for Halo League because you have a motion sensor. But to take out the splinter grenades passes the line. The grenades where already weaken without 343 telling people. Like when the game first came out they were powerful you would throw it at the ground while someone was chasing you and they would die. But one of the large updates came out and made it so u throw it at the floor and it it just takes off there shield. Now you're talking them out completely because a few pro gamers don't like them compared to the thousands of players that play the game. If they don't like it then they need suck it up and deal with it. The game has been fun with all the stuff but now with the stuff basically gone it just makes it stale and not fun to play.
(bold) Really? when did this happen? source?
I haven't played it too much, but so far I like it more less. Unlike other people, I have no issue with the amount of ammo with the magnum. I think the player should have to scavenge for more ammo on the battlefield either from falling Spartans or just around the map. I wouldn't have issues if you want to put a few magnums around the map as pick up items, but I don't want any warzone weapons in the playlist. I don't consider the H2BR (best BR in the game in everyway!! especially look and sound) or the SPNKr (the only rocket launcher that should be in the game IMO) to be warzone weapon either ( MAYBE the tactical magnum could be in too....maybe) I don't think the magnum gun with extra ammo is needed as a starting weapon either IMO.

I'm still not super sold on this radar. I just feel it pretty much eliminates SA (Sprint, GP, SC etc.) which, ok.... that's fine in all but then why even have any of them in you know.... Again, if people like this that much, then maybe you should consider getting ride of SA for future Halo's, but that's a different topic. I still would like to try this playlist with just no radar.

Also, I don't mind the odd auto on the map as pick ups either, but I would limit them to SMG,AR,Suppressor (even know the suppressor is useless I think lol) and Storm rifle. Absolutely do not put in the brute plasma rifle. That weapon should be taken out across the board, so OP!!! Maybe the odd auto would work better in certain game types too, like Strongholds. Kind of like how you took Sword out of CTF, but keep it in Slayer (which I agree on) ...at least I think you did, I hope you did lol Just some thoughts.

I would also like to try the grenade launcher on a few maps too. I think it's could be a great weapon for the HSC.

Love the Magnum only starts!!! This should be in on ALL playlists!! (maybe not BTB though) I think they are great! As a side note, I would love to see this tried in Team Slayer as well. I would have AR's be a little more common as map pick ups of course though. I feel like more weapons get used and it makes the player go and get this or that weapon too, which normally they might not, in turn this changes and affects the game, which I like and also in a good way I feel. I hope you consider this for Team Slayer as well.

EDIT I forgot to mention, I think removing grenade hit markets is a good idea to a point. I think ANY hit markers should be visible if you can see the enemy (Across the map, up close, whatever...) but if I shoot a rocket, or throw grenades or whatever because I'm thinking someone might be going there and I'm not looking in that direction, I don't think there should be any hit markers if I hit someone, if you know what I mean. I hope I made that clear.
(bold) Really? when did this happen? source?
I really don't have a source if you played the game when it first came out. You would remember when the splinter grenades where at the spot where the plasma grenades are at instead of in random spots all over the map. The grenade used to be powerful and most people where using them but those that like to follow you or Spartan charge you alot where complaining alot and instead of 343 remove them they made it so you wouldn't come across them as much by putting them in random spots all over the map. Now we get a somewhat competitive playlist and they are removed completely. All 343 had to do is bring back Slayer Pro with Standard BR and Magnum starts 2 human grenades NO MOTION SENSOR and normal weapons on map. Having this wouldn't be hard to make and it would make it so anyone can play even if you don't have good aim. But instead we get this crap because the pros don't want to get rid of the motion sensor. 😡
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. ...
  8. 7