OP Unyshek

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. ...
  7. 7
I was always all for no radar on previous Halo games, but Halo 5 has much more height to play with. Every other Halo was literally 2 levels and didn't have anywhere near as many hidden spots to get into.

I don't care much about the removal of autos. I think that for people to say they should be removed because "competitive" is bs. Auto's are only useful at close range... knowing when to use them and when not to was important. I think autos should still be on the map. Not having the starting AR is fine though.

I have only really played it today and I hate it. The main issue being that it seems you have to be in a full party all calling out to not get completely ripped of my campers and flankers that wait for you to start shooting someone.
I got to say it looks like I'm not playing this new season. I don't mind certain weapons being taken out but then they should be replaced with other weapons. I personally don't care for Halo League because you have a motion sensor. But to take out the splinter grenades passes the line. The grenades where already weaken without 343 telling people. Like when the game first came out they were powerful you would throw it at the ground while someone was chasing you and they would die. But one of the large updates came out and made it so u throw it at the floor and it it just takes off there shield. Now you're talking them out completely because a few pro gamers don't like them compared to the thousands of players that play the game. If they don't like it then they need suck it up and deal with it. The game has been fun with all the stuff but now with the stuff basically gone it just makes it stale and not fun to play.
(bold) Really? when did this happen? source?
I really don't have a source if you played the game when it first came out. You would remember when the splinter grenades where at the spot where the plasma grenades are at instead of in random spots all over the map. The grenade used to be powerful and most people where using them but those that like to follow you or Spartan charge you alot where complaining alot and instead of 343 remove them they made it so you wouldn't come across them as much by putting them in random spots all over the map. Now we get a somewhat competitive playlist and they are removed completely. All 343 had to do is bring back Slayer Pro with Standard BR and Magnum starts 2 human grenades NO MOTION SENSOR and normal weapons on map. Having this wouldn't be hard to make and it would make it so anyone can play even if you don't have good aim. But instead we get this crap because the pros don't want to get rid of the motion sensor. 😡
Well, I have been playing Halo 5 since day one and I'm 99% positive the Splinter Grenades damage output has never changed. Unyshek would know, maybe he'll chime in here :) 343I did remove some of the Splinter Grenades placements around some maps, this is true if I recall, because there was just way too many of them on some maps at one time. Later on, in the Team Arena playlist they removed a few more because a lot of players (both pros and non pros) felt there was still too many around maps and instead of coming in pairs like other grenades they now came as single ones because people felt they were so strong to be getting two at a time.

I disagree that the pros want to keep the motion sensor. If you watch, fellow, talk or know any pro's, A LOT of them do want the motion sensor removed. It's 343I that is trying to find a happy medium with the radar, motion sensor, whatever you want to call it.
One thing I forgot to mention are the amount of quits. I feel like there are 3v4s every second game after some leaves within the first minutes. Or are these quits lagouts?
This has been my experience too. Actually, all but a couple of the games I've played in this playlist have been 3v4s (or worse, even had one 1v4). It was pretty clear that a lot of these quits happened when the score became pretty lopsided, but in at least one of them (the 1v4 is the one that specifically comes to mind) they quit out before the game had actually started. Not sure if that could've been a lagout, but several of the others obviously weren't.
I'm absolutely loving this playlist so far! I don't think I've seen so much positive feedback for changes since the beginning of Halo 5. Hopefully 343 will remember this and start Halo 6 out with settings similar to these or others that pro players might have in mind, rather than waiting a year and a half into the game to implement them. This playlist just feels so much more competitive so it makes those wins actually feel meaningful since you have to work harder or be more skillful with your shots than before. Like a LvL99 Jay said, it's like if you die it's because you got outplayed, not like before when you may have died because someone was camping around the corner with an AR.

I do agree that we could use either more starting ammo or have a couple pistols laying around for extra ammo. Although like someone else mentioned pretty early on in this thread, I'm extremely average so usually don't live long enough to run out of ammo anyway or I just make sure to pick some up when I get a kill.

Very well done. Can't wait to watch the pros play on these settings at an actual tournament :)
So, I am an onyx 1900 player in arena, so I feel that I have a good understanding of the gameplay of halo 5. Overall, I think the new changes are wonderful, it raises the skill ceiling even higher and creates more opportunities for reversals and embarrassing chokes. I do feel that it would be better to keep some automatic weapons on the maps (not spawning with them) such as the storm rifle on plaza and the SMGs on coliseum (maybe replace them all with assault rifles rather than removing them entirely). I am very happy with the motion tracker changes though, I think they make the game more unpredictable and allow for sneakier plays. Thanks 343i!
This playlist just feels so much more competitive so it makes those wins actually feel meaningful since you have to work harder or be more skillful with your shots than before.
^^^ This. Meaningful wins. There have been so many close games in this playlist that my team actually reacts out loud to the outcome of some games. Like watching football or hockey on TV. Sudden death 49-49. Get the win, everybody cheers. Lose and "Ahhhhh noooo!"
That's what halo fans live for!
Like when the game first came out they were powerful you would throw it at the ground while someone was chasing you and they would die. But one of the large updates came out and made it so u throw it at the floor and it it just takes off there shield.
This is actually the reason why they were taken out. Despite it being fun and smart to use the splinter to insta-kill someone chasing you, but it was never what it was intended for. They weren't supposed to be a sort of surprise / "get out of jail free" card to someone chasing you.

They were supposed to be an area of denial tool to help map control, and deter players from taking certain routes.

But since they were so easy to use as a low-skill, surprise insta-kill weapon, we had to remove them. That was never their intended role.
the new changes are great
Ace TunaSub
Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text.

Los nuevos cambios son geniales
I love these new settings. The magnum only starts are awesome, constantly magnum duels are so fun. One of the most fun things about this game and these new settings allow for even more. Only problem I have is lack of ammo, maybe where the autos used to spawn place magnums so players can replenish ammo or spawn everyone with max magnum ammo.

The radar is so good, some of the juke out plays I have got already get me so hyped. Its the right mix of being able to tell where people are but also allowing for sneaky plays. Good compromise, good job 343.

Please no autos, don't change your mind and put autos, even on pick up. These new settings accent some of the most fun parts of halo for a lot players and it's because of the no autos. It has changed the pace of the game for better.

I think autos have a place in halo but not on its most competitive playlist. Think about this, a good strafe has always been an essential skill to be a good halo player, the Ar makes strafe irrelevant with the wide bullet spray and the bullet magnetism. I am very happy with the direction halo is going, first time i can say that in a while. Makes me hopeful they will get it right straight off the bat on halo 6
- make it BR start (lesson auto aim parameters)
When halo 5 first came out, all I heard was "we wanted to make the Spartans feel powerful again". What part of going into combat with a side arm makes you feel powerful? A Pistol that only has the ability to kill two people with a single clip? I find myself preemptively reloading more than anything.
Is the pistol a necessary starting weapon To help matches feel more intimate and fast paced? Or are the maps not structured around team setups that rely on support shooting from across the map (which the pistol is not consistently capable of)?
-also bring back oddball
and not that keep away, Hail Mary across the map BS. Oddball used to my favorite game type. Not sure where it went...

plz listen to the community. Halo 1-3 aren't regarded as some of the best competitive first person shooters of all time, because bungie got in the way of the competitive community and told them what the best way was to play their game. MLG took what gametypes they were playing on live and at lans and gave us a venue to compete. We know what we want.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Like when the game first came out they were powerful you would throw it at the ground while someone was chasing you and they would die. But one of the large updates came out and made it so u throw it at the floor and it it just takes off there shield.
This is actually the reason why they were taken out. Despite it being fun and smart to use the splinter to insta-kill someone chasing you, but it was never what it was intended for. They weren't supposed to be a sort of surprise / "get out of jail free" card to someone chasing you.

They were supposed to be an area of denial tool to help map control, and deter players from taking certain routes.

But since they were so easy to use as a low-skill, surprise insta-kill weapon, we had to remove them. That was never their intended role.
I do like the whole though process behind them, I really do. Being an area of denial tool as you put it in all, pretty cool.... but for me, I always thought they should be more of a pure defensive grenade then offense. I suggest (and maybe others have too) maybe you make it so the splinter grenades linger longer after they explode BUT they ONLY affect the Spartans shields and It knocks you out of sprint (or any Spartan ability too maybe?) that is being used too. I can't decide if they should still affect vehicles or not... They would stripe your Spartans shields SUPER fast, pretty much instant (this includes if the Spartan has an overshield as well) Them being like this, I feel they would be more of a denial weapon and not a "get out of jail free card"

Just my thoughts :)
Settings are excellent. Maybe you just need to add one more magazine ammo for pistol and settings would be perfect
I like the eliminating ar starts. I am fine with pistol only starts. But I hate that you lengthened the respawns time of brs and dmrs. Keep in mind that this is coming from someone who kills way more people with his pistol than any other weapon, so its not like i cant use it. In halo 3 you started with BR in competitive play, which was good in short and medium range battles and was decent in long range battles. Starting with a pistol in halo 5 is fine but we need more access to decent long range weapons. Coliseum and other maps that have long site lines should give more options for increased distance shooting with dmrs, carbines or brs. Everything else in this Playlist is awesome!
RICCAAAAA wrote:
Settings are excellent. Maybe you just need to add one more magazine ammo for pistol and settings would be perfect
I'm hoping for the same. Without the extra ammo, I find myself having to pick up any weapon I see for when I run out of pistol ammo. Because a lot of the spawning weapons have longer spawn times, I often find myself running around the map with no ammo at all.

Other than that, the HCS summer preview has been the most enjoyable playlist so far.
C BEHR wrote:
I like the eliminating ar starts. I am fine with pistol only starts. But I hate that you lengthened the respawns time of brs and dmrs. Keep in mind that this is coming from someone who kills way more people with his pistol than any other weapon, so its not like i cant use it. In halo 3 you started with BR in competitive play, which was good in short and medium range battles and was decent in long range battles. Starting with a pistol in halo 5 is fine but we need more access to decent long range weapons. Coliseum and other maps that have long site lines should give more options for increased distance shooting with dmrs, carbines or brs. Everything else in this Playlist is awesome!
That's due to how easy precision weapons besides the pistol are to use in halo 5.They're trying to prevent snowballing.
I like the motion sensor a lot, but the no auto thing bothers me. Yes it makes it more competitive but it's not as fun, it's all just protracted Magnum fights not a lot of variables involved it's basically swat with Shields which is boring and idk maybe it's not for me.
So is this playlist going to be in its own playlist or will this eventually be the norm for all arena ranked playlists? I think it's alright so long as it stays confined in its own playlist.
Here's some feedback...fix the server connections. This playlist is nearly unplayable because of this. Shots not counting ten times a game and all I hear in my ear is "count my shots halo"
I haven't been able to play HCS Summer Preview for more than a week now. Whenever I try to search for a game, it takes about 5 minutes and then tells me Unable to Match. Anyone else having this problem?
I am able to play in the other playlists though. I've tried changing the search preference to each option and nothing seems to help.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. ...
  7. 7