Head to Head - May 2 Update

OP Unyshek

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
These are some of the best matchs I've ever played! Love the fast paced action and overall
Commpetive nature
There's a ledge in Transgression that you should be able to clamber, but you can't....

Also, I have won about a dozen games in a row and still haven't ranked up... why is it so hard to rank in this playlist?
Why is a pistol more effective than a smg or regular machine gun? The power weapons should be the main cause of death. There should be alot more sticks on sticky grenades. There's alot repeating of maps and same players. There also should be more choices of balance, expanded, and focused. And or rank of choice to get a better play list. If gold 1's play champions them 343 like's to mess around alot. Then Gold 6's like myself rank down massively quick to mess with your hope that you can be an onyx then after platinum. Platinums sneak in and destroy all hope. That's not part of the game and concept. The ranks should be together not messed up. No kid should be allowed play this game. Even with there parental permission. That's another reason why the ranking system is gone. You should throw all the kids in their own section. Adults in another.
It would be cool if you could add Coliseum as one of the maps.
That anti cheat things doesn't seem to be working right I was literally making circles around junglerock or whatever and it kept showing him where I was at but no marker or even "ping" sound for him in his general direction. Has this happened to anyone else? It's pretty annoying honestly and I forgot the name of the map but it has the gold lifts shoot you into the corner on top of grey bricks well idk how to really word it to make sense but anyways the kid I played was literally camping in that corner at that lift the whole game and not once did it ping me where he was but 2 times it pinged me running around. And wouldn't you know it he was crouching right by the gold lift and would go in it when we started to battle to either take it all the way, thrust right away left or right, or right when hitting the lift thrust right into the ground behind a rock if he didn't get 1st shot pretty dumb. I'm getting pinged for walking around n he is camping yet he doesn't get even a sound showing where he is thats wack.
SG FeLLoN wrote:
That anti cheat things doesn't seem to be working right I was literally making circles around junglerock or whatever and it kept showing him where I was at but no marker or even "ping" sound for him in his general direction. Has this happened to anyone else? It's pretty annoying honestly and I forgot the name of the map but it has the gold lifts shoot you into the corner on top of grey bricks well idk how to really word it to make sense but anyways the kid I played was literally camping in that corner at that lift the whole game and not once did it ping me where he was but 2 times it pinged me running around. And wouldn't you know it he was crouching right by the gold lift and would go in it when we started to battle to either take it all the way, thrust right away left or right, or right when hitting the lift thrust right into the ground behind a rock if he didn't get 1st shot pretty dumb. I'm getting pinged for walking around n he is camping yet he doesn't get even a sound showing where he is thats wack.
Can you share a theater film? He was likely just better at staying just outside of the camp detector, hence not technically camping, just being very evassive.
Unyshek wrote:
  • Inactive players will be tagged with a Nav Point, which will momentarily show their location to the opposing player and give an audible signal. This feature is intended to add risk to those attempting to camp for extended periods of time in order to burn out the clock.
Slightly off-topic,but this should realistically be added to all playlists, with an adjustment to the timer to help discourage teams from hiding/camping for the same reasons. It's good to see scripting being used for gameplay changes. Now if only 343 would have BTB/4v4 Slayer gametypes use the script I made for a Mercy Rule 😉
Can someone tell me why last night I was a 33 and I woke up this morning to a 29????!!!!!!?!?? FIX YOUR GAME
Lcfty wrote:
Can someone tell me why last night I was a 33 and I woke up this morning to a 29????!!!!!!?!?? FIX YOUR GAME
In what?

If this is MCC releated, feel free to leave your constructive feedback in the MCC section.
SG FeLLoN wrote:
Please correct me if this is the wrong film but I reviewed the film for this match here: Game details

In this game the tracking feature was working as intended. It's not only for idling players but camping in general. So crouching up and down will not disarm the tracking. Both instances seem to be a similar case. You were in the same location at 1:19 in the second round until 1:09 (only crouching up and down), and then again at :34 until :22 (looking side to side) and justifying pinged your location because of it.

This is the kind of playstyle that disrupts flow and is a good example of what we are trying to deter. Regardless, thank you for pointing out the situation since you felt it wasn't working as intended.
Can you guys fix CSR loss after lagging out?

I was mid-D6, lagged out and dropped down to a bare D6. After that it was a downward spiral.

I was so tilted, that I lost 3 games and went down to a D4. It's pretty ridiculous! I had to win like 20 in a row just to get where I was.

Btw, this lag-out was before the game even started.
noble bobo wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.Ottima playlist, la mia preferita, ottimi gli aggiornamenti, anche se a volte il sensore di movimento mi dura più dei 20 secondi standard. Per il resto l'adoro! Complimenti!
It s true, sometimes this bug reappears, radar has a delay after the end; usually happened when you are killed with power up on.
I played today the 1V1 playlist today, only one match, got owned....but that's not the point! lol
The point is, that H5 still has a life to it, and motion is so important. Not only the motion and speed in any given map is (extremely important), but i'm mainly talking about attention the game still receives and making updates/changes to any playlist if needed, as well as to the sandbox too. However, too much public outcry/advice can lean over the edge of helpfulness and then just plummet into a rabbit hole, but that's for another topic.

I absolutely love the idea of keeping 1V1 playlist, but I do not understand why 343 would take away a playlists and interchange them and they've done this throughout the years. I can understand if they were trying out certain ideas/playlists. But just to get my idea across; games like, castle-wars, Rocket race, or head to head, are just a few games i could think of off the top of my head that i know are 'hits' in the community. Now if the population count drops too low and maybe having additional playlists lag down the game in someway, then that could be a reason why 343 drops it and puts something else in its place (or nothing), then i could better understand.

So my question is, why not leave these playlists in the game, available for people to play whenever?
cloud109 wrote:
I played today the 1V1 playlist today, only one match, got owned....but that's not the point! lol
The point is, that H5 still has a life to it, and motion is so important. Not only the motion and speed in any given map is (extremely important), but i'm mainly talking about attention the game still receives and making updates/changes to any playlist if needed, as well as to the sandbox too. However, too much public outcry/advice can lean over the edge of helpfulness and then just plummet into a rabbit hole, but that's for another topic.

I absolutely love the idea of keeping 1V1 playlist, but I do not understand why 343 would take away a playlists and interchange them and they've done this throughout the years. I can understand if they were trying out certain ideas/playlists. But just to get my idea across; games like, castle-wars, Rocket race, or head to head, are just a few games i could think of off the top of my head that i know are 'hits' in the community. Now if the population count drops too low and maybe having additional playlists lag down the game in someway, then that could be a reason why 343 drops it and puts something else in its place (or nothing), then i could better understand.

So my question is, why not leave these playlists in the game, available for people to play whenever?
Your answer is in superfiesta playlist, now locked but without double xp
Why does the Nav tracker alert the camper that he has been camping? It is so despicable.

It's literally an alert to the camper telling them that they better move or they WILL be found soon!

It's almost like a reward for these campers. Scratch that. It is a reward for campers.

I was just about to come around a corner when I see the camper and was about to get ready to Snipe him when the alert goes off, so he turns around and kills me with his grenade launcher! Like, wtf...

This kid just milked the whole game. He gets one kill and then runs away. I find him and kill him and he still goes for the draw.

This playlist needs something to stop people like this. I just want to shoot my gun! It's not fun when you have opponents just hiding in the most outlandish corners of the maps.
D M4N8 wrote:
Why does the Nav tracker alert the camper that he has been camping? It is so despicable.

It's literally an alert to the camper telling them that they better move or they WILL be found soon!

It's almost like a reward for these campers. Scratch that. It is a reward for campers.

I was just about to come around a corner when I see the camper and was about to get ready to Snipe him when the alert goes off, so he turns around and kills me with his grenade launcher! Like, wtf...

This kid just milked the whole game. He gets one kill and then runs away. I find him and kill him and he still goes for the draw.

This playlist needs something to stop people like this. I just want to shoot my gun! It's not fun when you have opponents just hiding in the most outlandish corners of the maps.
The goal for this feature isn’t to give the player seeking an easy kill but to encourage the player camping to continue moving.

The player seeking will still have to take the knowledge that they gain from the ping and make the best decisions to earn the kill.

The situations that you explain ‘rewards the camper’ was not the case in both examples from the video above that I reviewed, where the seeker had gotten the kill. In my experience, I haven’t seen a situation where it benefit the camper yet, in the cases that I’ve witnesses so far, this has only helped our goals.

That’s being said, feel welcome to post example videos and I’ll reevaluate after taking a look. It is possible to make it in a way that the player camping doesn’t get the alert. However, this would be hard to convey to a player. The camping player would not understand why the seeking player always knows where they are at without reading the patch notes here.

Thanks for your feedback and I’m looking forward to seeing more peoples opinion on this as well as examples of this working in the campers favor.
Whos Blaze wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:

The goal for this feature isn’t to give the player seeking an easy kill but to encourage the player camping to continue moving.

The player seeking will still have to take the knowledge that they gain from the ping and make the best decisions to earn the kill.

The situations that you explain ‘rewards the camper’ was not the case in both examples from the video above that I reviewed, where the seeker had gotten the kill. In my experience, I haven’t seen a situation where it benefit the camper yet, in the cases that I’ve witnesses so far, this has only helped our goals.

That’s being said, feel welcome to post example videos and I’ll reevaluate after taking a look. It is possible to make it in a way that the player camping doesn’t get the alert. However, this would be hard to convey to a player. The camping player would not understand why the seeking player always knows where they are at without reading the patch notes here.

Thanks for your feedback and I’m looking forward to seeing more peoples opinion on this as well as examples of this working in the campers favor.
Was this 1 the 1 u saw? He started camping in the 2nd round at around 2:35.
D M4N8 wrote:
Whos Blaze wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:

Was this 1 the 1 u saw? He started camping in the 2nd round at around 2:35.
I was referring to a video that i reviewed a couple posts up. Thank you for linking this one, I’ll check it out as soon as I get an opportunity. :)
hi i am having some trouble with halo 5 i bought this game yesterday for the first time and i went to the multiplayer menus and it says "could not find server suitable for all members of fireteam"
ive deleted and redownloaded it hard restarted my xbox and wifi to no avail lease help!
There seems to be a glitch on the map Transgression. Both Snipers don't always appear after respawning.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4