2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
D M4N8 wrote:
Whos Blaze wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
Why does the Nav tracker alert the camper that he has been camping? It is so despicable.

It's literally an alert to the camper telling them that they better move or they WILL be found soon!

It's almost like a reward for these campers. Scratch that. It is a reward for campers.

I was just about to come around a corner when I see the camper and was about to get ready to Snipe him when the alert goes off, so he turns around and kills me with his grenade launcher! Like, wtf...

This kid just milked the whole game. He gets one kill and then runs away. I find him and kill him and he still goes for the draw.

This playlist needs something to stop people like this. I just want to shoot my gun! It's not fun when you have opponents just hiding in the most outlandish corners of the maps.
The goal for this feature isn’t to give the player seeking an easy kill but to encourage the player camping to continue moving.

The player seeking will still have to take the knowledge that they gain from the ping and make the best decisions to earn the kill.

The situations that you explain ‘rewards the camper’ was not the case in both examples from the video above that I reviewed, where the seeker had gotten the kill. In my experience, I haven’t seen a situation where it benefit the camper yet, in the cases that I’ve witnesses so far, this has only helped our goals.

That’s being said, feel welcome to post example videos and I’ll reevaluate after taking a look. It is possible to make it in a way that the player camping doesn’t get the alert. However, this would be hard to convey to a player. The camping player would not understand why the seeking player always knows where they are at without reading the patch notes here.

Thanks for your feedback and I’m looking forward to seeing more peoples opinion on this as well as examples of this working in the campers favor.
Was this 1 the 1 u saw? He started camping in the 2nd round at around 2:35.
I took a look at the video here. I personally disagree that the mechanic was at fault for the death. You were able to see where the player was when they didn't know where you were approaching from, giving you the upper hand before deciding to make the push. I don't want to get too much into gameplay critiquing but the outcome could've been different with a different approach.

However, I do understand that it changed your behavior and maybe have changed the outcome because of that as you expected him to stay still instead of react. A compromise that I may suggest is that for the short duration of the nav-point being visible, it may be possible to have it follow the player instead of remaining at the location of the ping. I'd have to talk to the scripter to see if that is realistic to do. Do you feel that would help in situations like these? I feel that if it's a case like this where they are behind a wall, that you'd have the opportunity to see which way they choose to leave in and approach more strategically.
Whos Blaze wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
Whos Blaze wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
Why does the Nav tracker alert the camper that he has been camping? It is so despicable.

It's literally an alert to the camper telling them that they better move or they WILL be found soon!

It's almost like a reward for these campers. Scratch that. It is a reward for campers.

I was just about to come around a corner when I see the camper and was about to get ready to Snipe him when the alert goes off, so he turns around and kills me with his grenade launcher! Like, wtf...

This kid just milked the whole game. He gets one kill and then runs away. I find him and kill him and he still goes for the draw.

This playlist needs something to stop people like this. I just want to shoot my gun! It's not fun when you have opponents just hiding in the most outlandish corners of the maps.
The goal for this feature isn’t to give the player seeking an easy kill but to encourage the player camping to continue moving.

The player seeking will still have to take the knowledge that they gain from the ping and make the best decisions to earn the kill.

The situations that you explain ‘rewards the camper’ was not the case in both examples from the video above that I reviewed, where the seeker had gotten the kill. In my experience, I haven’t seen a situation where it benefit the camper yet, in the cases that I’ve witnesses so far, this has only helped our goals.

That’s being said, feel welcome to post example videos and I’ll reevaluate after taking a look. It is possible to make it in a way that the player camping doesn’t get the alert. However, this would be hard to convey to a player. The camping player would not understand why the seeking player always knows where they are at without reading the patch notes here.

Thanks for your feedback and I’m looking forward to seeing more peoples opinion on this as well as examples of this working in the campers favor.
Was this 1 the 1 u saw? He started camping in the 2nd round at around 2:35.
I took a look at the video here. I personally disagree that the mechanic was at fault for the death. You were able to see where the player was when they didn't know where you were approaching from, giving you the upper hand before deciding to make the push. I don't want to get too much into gameplay critiquing but the outcome could've been different with a different approach.

However, I do understand that it changed your behavior and maybe have changed the outcome because of that as you expected him to stay still instead of react. A compromise that I may suggest is that for the short duration of the nav-point being visible, it may be possible to have it follow the player instead of remaining at the location of the ping. I'd have to talk to the scripter to see if that is realistic to do. Do you feel that would help in situations like these? I feel that if it's a case like this where they are behind a wall, that you'd have the opportunity to see which way they choose to leave in and approach more strategically.
Better than anything, I suppose. Can you guys at least get rid of the sound the nav-point makes?

This way, the camper will still be aware of what's going on, but won't be alerted... not sure if that makes sense...
Just saw the update lol havent played head to head yet. time to hop on lol
Looks intresting but yet still have play tye new design maps
I haven't tried the new updates yet but I am eager to do so! I went 11-0-1 last time it went live and received a Diamond Rank! It'll be interesting to see if I can do that again.
I like the game but I tend to get matches where it is very one sided. Either I lose and get totally creamed by my opponent or I win and feel like I totally bullied someone.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
So I've been keeping a close eye on the Head to Head leaderboards and it looks like number 13 and 10 boosted each other.

It's pretty obvious which ones they are.
Unyshek wrote:
Head to Head has returned for the last month of the Spring 2019 Season! Since it's last run we've made improvements to the seven maps, the mode, and the custom-made Sense Power-Up utilized in the playlist. Blaze provided a list of the changes and improvements for each, which you can find and bookmark below:

Maps - (Link to Bookmarks)
  • Minor geometry adjustments to improve the flow and balance of the maps or to remove exploits
  • Repaired several inconsistent or broken clambers
  • Improved respawn locations to decrease spawn killing
  • Adjustments to weapon respawn times, ammo count, and weapon spawn locations
Game Modes - (Link to Bookmark)
  • Reduced the respawn time from 5 seconds to 3 seconds to reduce the opponents time to set up after engagements, decrease spawn predictability, and to add meaning to damage dealt on the opponent after losing an engagement
Sense Power-Up - (Link to Bookmark)
  • Added audible sound indicating final three seconds before losing the Motion Sensor, and another for the moment when it has fully expired
  • Lighting effects tweaked to look and animate closer to the experience of stock Halo 5 Power-Ups
  • Ability and expiration of ability are both timed with the slamming of the power-up into your spartan's chest, as with stock Halo 5 Power-Ups
  • Fixed bug where players did not always lose the Motion Sensor if a new round started while the trait was still active on a player
  • Fixed a bug where join in progress broke scripts (only necessary for use in Custom Games)
  • Inactive players will be tagged with a Nav Point, which will momentarily show their location to the opposing player and give an audible signal. This feature is intended to add risk to those attempting to camp for extended periods of time in order to burn out the clock
  • Visual effects now rotate to give players identical visibility from all angles, and because it looks cool
Special Thanks
  • Tim McClure - For creating the coding and aesthetic design of the original Power-Up
  • Exterrest1al - For taking over responsibility for version 2 of the Power-Up and the anti-camp feature
  • Yumudas - For helping to think through and troubleshoot scripting challenges with the Power-Up
  • Nosnhoj Leahcim - For providing feedback, stress testing, and helping reproduce bugs in all the playtests he participated in
Jump in today, start knocking out your placement matches, and let us know what you think right here in this thread!
WooHOO!
The new non camping feature is great it really improves the gameplay
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.
Spoiler:
Show
The game is still being updated? Great!
i was beginning to think that Halo 5 wasn’t being updated anymore, like at all
cool.
I love the nav point that highlights campers! Great improvement for the game. A couple questions: How long does it take to active? What's considered "inactive"? If I'm crouching and moving a little will I get highlighted? Also, can you add this feature to doubles?
XFitDaddy wrote:
I love the nav point that highlights campers! Great improvement for the game. A couple questions: How long does it take to active? What's considered "inactive"? If I'm crouching and moving a little will I get highlighted? Also, can you add this feature to doubles?
it would be Great on doubles
GYS GHOST wrote:
XFitDaddy wrote:
it would be Great on doubles
Yea, I stopped playing doubles because I got tired of the "hide when you're ahead" strategy.
Elk Camp wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Yeah. I already mentioned it. It seems like nothing is being done about it.

I wonder what can even be done, if anything.
I can't even find a game on this playlist, sometimes.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
how are you guys playing?
It takes a while to find a match for one person. How is this possible?
Elk Camp wrote:
It takes a while to find a match for one person. How is this possible?
low population between 0:00 and 17:30 of Rome timezone.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4